Why Telltale doesn't work on their Choice & Consequences?

There is nearly enough not enough interactivity to replay this game. Every choice expect the last ep5 choice has been irrevelant and inane. Hell they left even a game code in credits section, shows how much they care . Why telltale doesn't just work on 1 project at a time and at full capacity?

Comments

• What game code are you talking about?

• enter link description here

39:10

But wait theres more

shocked at his threats] Be reasonable!

enter link description here

23:35

Menofthe214 posted: »

What game code are you talking about?

• Production time?

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited December 2015

Why telltale doesn't just work on 1 project at a time and at full capacity?

Telltale has massively ramped up in size since Walking Dead Season 1. They went from 60-90 people (not all of which were working on Walking Dead) to currently having over 300+ people. A lot of people strongly over estimate the importance of Telltale focusing on one game at once, and think that Telltale working on one game as opposed to multiple games is the sole cause of higher game quality. However, the only experience they are speaking from is Walking Dead: Season 1, and not from the years of games and experience Telltale has had before hand.

As for lack of gameplay and interactivity, that is a deliberate choice by Telltale as they want their games to appeal to non-gamers. Their older games had puzzle solving, but they removed it in place of the choice system with the intention of making their new games play like interactive cinema after Walking Dead: Season 1. Things like shorter episodes or more QTEs/less hubs aren't the result of limitations from working on more than one game (which - again - I stress they have done plenty of times before Walking Dead: Season 1), but rather the result of Telltale trying to make their games more consumable to a general audience as opposed to gamers only. Some have stuck, but some have been refined - you've probably noticed that Telltale ditched the (deliberate) limitation of 90 minute episodes due to fan feedback.

• Choices and consequences have massively improved. Choices have always mattered to me anyhow.

• One tiny error and they dont care?

• Given the lead time to develop projects, I'm not sure there's ever been a time when they haven't been working on different projects simultaneously for a decade probably.

As for the choices, it's about the ride, man, not the destination. And Telltale has been attempting to make choices matter more at the end of every series with each new one but they're really pushing the Telltale Tool to the absolute limit at this point.

• If you also count Gryff's eyepatch glitch as a "one tiny error" then no

KCohere posted: »

One tiny error and they dont care?

• Then they should stop picking up projects and work on their engine, see Alpha Protocol ,made by Obsidian, it was on extremely limited budget and time but they managed to make choices matter more than any other telltale game it's not even funny.

TheRealBiz posted: »

Given the lead time to develop projects, I'm not sure there's ever been a time when they haven't been working on different projects simultan

• If you can't handle other people's opinions then you shouldn't be browsing any forum at all

• Considering that New Vegas and Alpha Protocol were developed at the same time, they were probably using that Bethesda gravy. And I actually liked Alpha Protocol, but it was a mishmash of bunch of half-developed ideas and a couple of really good ones. Plus, the fact that Telltale insists on releasing on everything from phones to next-gen consoles limits them too.

Kellogs posted: »

Then they should stop picking up projects and work on their engine, see Alpha Protocol ,made by Obsidian, it was on extremely limited budget and time but they managed to make choices matter more than any other telltale game it's not even funny.

• edited December 2015

No, I am saying that you ve created another thread for something that has already tousands of threads at this forum. However your opinion is so stupid that it gives me cancer. Telltale did fantastic job and it improved immensly since the times of TWD.

If you can't handle other people's opinions then you shouldn't be browsing any forum at all

• That seems to have been fixed, right?

If you also count Gryff's eyepatch glitch as a "one tiny error" then no

• Um... Gryff's eyepatch glitch is one of the very few things I actually do just view as a "tiny error."

I'm usually very harsh on plot points. Episode 5 and 6 were shit, but the eye patch has no major part in that.

If you also count Gryff's eyepatch glitch as a "one tiny error" then no

• "Your actions will decided the fate of House Forrester"

"LOL, and by that we mean you'll always lose no matter what you do. We'll even have the characters do things that are literally retarded if needed to advance the plot the way we want, logic be damned."

I like Telltale Games and all, but GoT/AsoiaF really isn't something that can be done with its style (at least not with a noble house). The only games that can possibly tackle GoT/AsoiaF are things like Mount and Blade or Crusader Kings II

• Pretty much this.

No, I am saying that you ve created another thread for something that has already tousands of threads at this forum. However your opinion is

Sign in to comment in this discussion.