Is Scooter really??

Is he really dead? He was amazing in BL 1 and BL 2. Couldnt wait to see him in BL 3.

Why did they kill off a great character in a side game? He would've been awesome in Chapter 5 if you picked him as a member for your power ranger bot vs the Vault Traveler.
But seriously is he really dead? I am so sad if he is. They shoudlve killed off Athena or another main character off the group instead of Scooter. How else are we going to Catch a Ride in BL 3???

Also what ever happened to Janey Springs? Her face is tore up from the floor up. I played Prequel Sequel and dont remember her looking like that? Did I miss something? Someone explain all the fugly scars she has on her face.

Comments

• Nope he's just hanging out in space hoping he will be able to catch a ride!

• in a side game?

enter image description here

Also, Janey will probably be the Catch a Ride owner in Bl3

• Hopefully the stations will be less loud in BL3. I'd vote for one that doesn't talk at all (unless they continue to shout Scooter's nonsense)

Poogers555 posted: »

in a side game? Also, Janey will probably be the Catch a Ride owner in Bl3

• Yes, Scooter is really.

• "Why did they kill off a great character in a side game?"

"They shoudlve killed off Athena"

Fucking what.

• Um, completely offtopic, but Tales isn't a side game, it sets up the story for BL3.

• edited December 2015

Actually it is a side game. BL 1 and BL 2 each took at least 20 hours to complete "everything" excluding DLCs. Whereas Tales from BL took at least hour to hour and half to complete each chapter. Also most the choices you made in Tales really had no factor in what is happening in the end Jack still disconnects, Helios still crashes, and Vault still opens.

Also BL 1 and BL 2 are worth $60 retail when it first came out and I bought Tales of BL for only $3.75 in less than a month after its been out. Says a lot when it drops to chump change. What I am saying is that its not a bad game. Its just not a main game where you can play and do much in it. 5 hours to beat tales of BL or 20 hours to beat Bl 1 or BL 2. It is a great story telling game but not a real game that lets you do much in it. Hence why I bought it for $3.75 off the PSN. It's also why I was surprised when they killed off a great main character in the BL series. I bet you people who played both BL 1 and BL 2 havent even played this game.

• edited December 2015

They shoudlve killed off Athena

But to answer you're question: yes he is dead. He died hero.

Also Tales ain't a side game, it's a build up to Borderlands 3.

• edited December 2015

I am saying I would rather have Athena or a main character in the group die rather than Scooter. I don't want her to die because she had a good arc in this game. But if I had to choose between Athena or Scooter I choose Scooter. Or kill off Vaughn or Fiona or Sasha and bring back Scooter.

You probably didnt play BL 1 or BL 2 but he is a big deal in the BL series also hilarious. Athena is just a lesbian merc these days. She is cool in the Prequel Sequel and had good story in this game but compared to Scooter she has nothing.

lottii-lu posted: »

They shoudlve killed off Athena But to answer you're question: yes he is dead. He died hero. Also Tales ain't a side game, it's a build up to Borderlands 3.

• You probably didnt play BL 1 or BL 2

I'm laughing my ass off.

Anyways, just because I'd rather have Scooter die than Athena doesn't mean I don't like Scooter.

I'm surprised you took my gif seriously.

Myzani27 posted: »

I am saying I would rather have Athena or a main character in the group die rather than Scooter. I don't want her to die because she had a g

• Nope. Nope he isn't really. What do you mean I'm in denial, you're in denial!

• Tales of BL for only $3.75 in less than a month after its been out. Says a lot when it drops to chump change.

Well of course it's selling for cheap, all of these sites are offering huge holiday sales where you can buy a game for 60-70% off. Hell on Steam, you can get it for $8.49. Meanwhile, you can get Borderlands 2 for $4.99 and the GOTY edition for only $8.79, so it dropping to "chump change" means nothing. And besides, I bought Borderlands 2 for like $20, without it being on sale, which was cheaper than what I paid for Tales From the Borderlands. Plus, it hasn't been out for a month, the game itself has been out for well over a year now as the first episode was released in November, 2014.

Actually it is a side game. BL 1 and BL 2 each took at least 20 hours to complete "everything" excluding DLCs. Whereas Tales from BL took

• edited December 2015

Yeah, Steam has a great sale going on. Im getting Witcher 1 and 2 for $2 each and I know thats not an indication of poor quality.

Tales of BL for only $3.75 in less than a month after its been out. Says a lot when it drops to chump change. Well of course it's se

• I ended up getting Arkham City and Origins, Rocket League, and Far Cry 3 for less than $50 thanks to the sale, and still have some money left over to buy more.

KCohere posted: »

Yeah, Steam has a great sale going on. Im getting Witcher 1 and 2 for $2 each and I know thats not an indication of poor quality.

• enter image description here

A majority of us have played all of the games.
    FYI, what happened to Janey is actually explained in the Pre-Sequel.

Actually it is a side game. BL 1 and BL 2 each took at least 20 hours to complete "everything" excluding DLCs. Whereas Tales from BL took

• No he slowed down the rocket before it landed and cut off his hand and made it to sanctuary.

believe

• edited December 2015

Is he really dead? He was amazing in BL 1 and BL 2. Couldnt wait to see him in BL 3.

No. He had a plot armor and he lived from that explosion and went to Sanctuary :P
    ...jokes aside. Yes, he died. And no plot armor could save him from that.

Why did they kill off a great character in a side game? He would've been awesome in Chapter 5 if you picked him as a member for your power ranger bot vs the Vault Traveler. But seriously is he really dead? I am so sad if he is. They shoudlve killed off Athena or another main character off the group instead of Scooter. How else are we going to Catch a Ride in BL 3???

Um... Tales From the Borderlands is not a side game. It sets up the story for Borderlands 3. And I think that Scooter's death was well written, even if it is sad. I don't think Athena or someone else should've died. And also, now that Scooter is dead, Janey Springs will probably be charge of the Catch-A-Ride in BL3... well, maybe. I'm not sure. But it is possible.

Also what ever happened to Janey Springs? Her face is tore up from the floor up. I played Prequel Sequel and dont remember her looking like that? Did I miss something? Someone explain all the fugly scars she has on her face.

Wait, did I miss something? I think she looks the same just like in TPS, no...?

• It is in TPS like that. I'm pretty sure that if you play some side missions from her. You'll get to know why.

I think it were because of Kraggons.

Wolfenus54 posted: »

Is he really dead? He was amazing in BL 1 and BL 2. Couldnt wait to see him in BL 3. No. He had a plot armor and he lived from that

• It's not a side game, kid. All the events that happened in this game will matter in the Borderlands universe. No more Scooter, Jack or Helios.

• Australian accent intensifies.

jmm posted: »

Hopefully the stations will be less loud in BL3. I'd vote for one that doesn't talk at all (unless they continue to shout Scooter's nonsense)

• No more Scooter, Jack or Helios.

Fuck... ;-;

It's not a side game, kid. All the events that happened in this game will matter in the Borderlands universe. No more Scooter, Jack or Helios.

• I know, I know. Sad times...

No more Scooter, Jack or Helios. Fuck... ;-;

• Yeah... To be honest I really like Jack when I was replaying TFTBL... D;
    I really want Jack to make an appearance in BL3 ;_;

I know, I know. Sad times...

• I was in denial too. Jack won't be in BL3. I'm sure of it.

Unless some bullshit plot happens.

Yeah... To be honest I really like Jack when I was replaying TFTBL... D; I really want Jack to make an appearance in BL3 ;_;

• I was in denial too. Jack won't be in BL3. I'm sure of it.

Then it won't feel like a Borderlands game to me :c

Unless some bullshit plot happens.

Yeah, or some plot twists...

I was in denial too. Jack won't be in BL3. I'm sure of it. Unless some bullshit plot happens.

• Unless some bullshit plot happens.

Or you find some recordings featuring him, that would be cool.

I was in denial too. Jack won't be in BL3. I'm sure of it. Unless some bullshit plot happens.

• That's something I would accept, there wouldn't be bullshit in that or anything.

dojo32161 posted: »

Unless some bullshit plot happens. Or you find some recordings featuring him, that would be cool.

• ARE YOU SAYING THEY SHOULD HAVE KILLED OFF ATHENA!?!?!?!? YOUNDGEYETDNYT DE BdYNEDBY VEdgBEDEBYEDNV EDYVEDT VEDMNV TDEVEDTYNVDETMEDTVD TDEMD!! !GBY DVTDnbbghudidhydbtsvsb v.... I do NOT agree

• scooter is kill

• i think your keyboard is now broken lol

ARE YOU SAYING THEY SHOULD HAVE KILLED OFF ATHENA!?!?!?!? YOUNDGEYETDNYT DE BdYNEDBY VEdgBEDEBYEDNV EDYVEDT VEDMNV TDEVEDTYNVDETMEDTVD TDEMD!! !GBY DVTDnbbghudidhydbtsvsb v.... I do NOT agree

• No, no. I just typed really fast.

i think your keyboard is now broken lol

• They shoudlve killed off Athena

YOU TAKE THAT GOD DAMN BACK RIGHT NOW

• is says at the beginning of the episode 1 of the tales of the borderlands that this is a game that leads to borderlands 3

• I seriously hope he is not, if not I would be a bit disappointed since I had some problems with the way he died.

1) Who the heck designs a panel that opens and closes? It serves no purpose what so ever. I can understand if it was due to a malfunction but the way Scooter talks about it, it's how it's supposed to work.

2) Why does the panel clamp down after the button is pushed...again who the heck designed it? I mean if you can build a rocket in a day why can't you place panels that open and close at the push of a button too?

3) Why couldn't loader bot put Gortys and help pry it open? He was sitting right there, and from him opening the large shut metal door to rescue Rhys later, he clearly had the strength. I was expecting loader bot to come rushing in but he didn't. Both him and Gortys didn't even mention anything about Scooter dying or missing.

At the end of the day, there is a high chance he is dead but I am still hoping somehow he survives. The way he died just because of a flawed designed panel (which no mechanic in their right mind would build) put a bad taste in my mouth.

And yes. It was emotional... the first time I saw it but after watching it over and over again and thinking about it, it just felt like an easy route they came up with to get raid of him.

• Gearbox Software or 2K Games must have given permission to tell-tale games to kill him. I can't see how tell-tale games would other series based another game series and killing of one of their characters with other company go ahead. I admit when I played ep4 that comment when Fiona comments about Scooter was the first death I thought either Sasha or Vaughn would die, but that turn out be red Harrington that I am not sure why they put that foreshadowing in there. Unless they meant Gortys dieing. maybe they put that dialog in fully intending to kill someone else but change their minds the writing for ep5?

• They killed a lot of BL1 characters. Helena Pierce, Angel, Roland, and now Scooter. And I was still upset about Roland and Angel biting it.

• Jack died in BL2 and still came back. TK Baha, Knoxx, and Steele also came back to life. If they seem popular enough they will come back. It's Nisha I'm worried about though. ;.;

It's not a side game, kid. All the events that happened in this game will matter in the Borderlands universe. No more Scooter, Jack or Helios.

• They shoudlve killed off Athena

Fanbase be like:

enter image description here

Sign in to comment in this discussion.