Everything wrong with Minecraft Story Mode

Comments

• how did petraet the nether star for lukas when they couldnt take down the wither storm before it got huge? DING!

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

"Telltale Asshole Disease", I still can't believe they haven't found a cure for TAD.

AronDracula posted: »

enter link description here It's finally here. Enjoy watching.

• I already heard you saying that in my new TWAU Thread

dojo32161 posted: »

"Telltale Asshole Disease", I still can't believe they haven't found a cure for TAD.

• What? She has some green dye around her eyes? That's not a lot!

Isa wears too much makeup. And, by that I mean WAY too much.

• She fought another Wither. And the Witherstorm is no normal wither thank you very much. There was no time to beat it,and besides,it was surrounding itself with obsidian and other blocks as soon as it spawned, NO ONE could take down a wither in that time without Ivor's potion.

Gilder_G posted: »

how did petraet the nether star for lukas when they couldnt take down the wither storm before it got huge? DING!

• Weird how Dan's hair changes everytime. It wouldn't change that quick, but how did Dan's hair change each time?

• But for that quick? How?

• It kind of looks like someone bruised her eyes though...

What? She has some green dye around her eyes? That's not a lot!

• Sin Episode 6!

• I only made 1 "sin".

• when the game witherstorm play the took out of the bridge and their rebulid a new one "it look like to sand" and it's doesn't have fall.
    Hadoop Training in Chennai | Informatica Training in Chennai | Aws Training in Chennai

• Sin: Episode 2

Enough said.

• not the memes!

Ellie: I am working on my greatest project , the command block! (Soren hears her voice all the way from The End) Soren: I ALREADY BUILT THAT,ITS COPYRIGHT IN CASE YOU DIDN'T KNOW!

• "I am the appropriate weight for my height, thank you very much!" Since when did they have weighing scales in Minecraft?

• I disagree with some sins like the Youtuber said they copy scene like from ET when they'd just easter eggs.

AronDracula posted: »

enter link description here It's finally here. Enjoy watching.

• They aren't called easter eggs, they're called homages. But I know what you meant. ;)

JimMate789 posted: »

I disagree with some sins like the Youtuber said they copy scene like from ET when they'd just easter eggs.

• It's a joke, an easter egg.

But for that quick? How?

• edited July 2016

Episode Five (Part Five):

(Lukas gets pushed off). This is a pretty good moment, until Jesse gets kicked off as well.

“AAAAAAAAAAAH! …AAAAAAAAAAAH!” Ah.

“…THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!” Blame game played near probable death cliché. There’s one I haven’t seen in a while.

“Land!” “Impossible… that’s impossible!” No, that's improbable. There's a difference.

“Jesse? Holy crap, you’re down here too?” “Lukas, you made it!” AND THE SHIPPING CONTINUES…

“I forbade anyone to look for land below us… it was too dangerous… a lost cause…” Hope you feel as stupid down here as you looked up there.

“First things first, we’re gonna go back up there, and kick Aiden’s butt!” I’m sorry, kick Aiden’s what?

“I can’t believe Aiden could be so… stupid!” Something of an irony, considering you seem to have known him for longer.

“Get ready to build the biggest thing of your life!” “What do you mean?” Apparently someone in Minecraft doesn’t know what it means to build. Even if she’s a bit overwhelmed and naïve, it’s obvious from Sky City's architecture that building should be right up her alley.

(Gathering dirt). You’d think Sky City would be completely destroyed by the time you gathered enough dirt to make it all the way back up there, but hey, whatever saves the plot I guess.

“Jesse… what is that?” A convenient portal for convenient purposes.

“I’m mean… what a relief!” Yeah, that’s one way to look at it.

“I, uh… I actually gotta sit this one out, Jesse. Aiden got me pretty good.” And there’s no way I can eat a quick snack to heal myself. I’m sorry, but that’s just not going to happen.

"This is not my first rodeo."

(Back on Sky City). “Oh no… we need to get in there, now.” This scene of chaos is actually pretty awesome. Minus one wrong.

I will say though, the Founder never bothered to train any of her subjects in combat, even though it would’ve been useful in the event that the Eversource ever wound up in the wrong hands. She has definitely never heard the Boy Scout motto.

Also, Jesse and the Founder- Isa- somehow build their way up to the bridge when entering back into the city. I’m not familiar with the exact math, but this seems a bit of a stretch to me.

“Back! Back, you monsters! Ugh! Help me!” This guy was seriously a part of security? Why isn’t he armed?

“AAAAAAAAHHHH!!” Duel-wielding.

“What’s going on here?!” I’ve lost my memory regarding the past couple of hours, and require an explanation!

“Aiden’s held up in the throne room, throwing those spawn-eggs everywhere.” “We need to stop him!” “I know! Jesse, take one of these! They’re all locally sourced and handcrafted- I use only the best ingredients!” I’d use one myself to get inside, but I need a moment to do my hair.

What a lovely selection of potions. Minus half a wrong.

“Gotta go fast!”

“You’re alive! You’re alive! Is the Founder with you? Did she-” (Gets knocked down by creeper) “…What the-” Reggie survives this.

“I’ve killed you once, I can do it again!” Obviously you haven’t, so technically you can’t.

This fighting sequence. It’s epic, of course, but since it’s all down to quick-time-events it makes it harder to believe you’ve really won against Aiden. Ideally, there might be some quick dialogue options or possibilities for different attacks- some way to make the player feel as though they’re actually outmaneuvering or otherwise outwitting the opponent.

“Wait! Wait! Hang on… I surrender! I surrender! We can talk about this, right?” The level of quality from Aiden’s voice actor is admittedly top notch, especially in this transition from psychotic to pathetic. Minus one wrong.

The choice to leave Aiden behind, push him off the edge, or to take him with you is definitely an awesome addition, though marred by the fact that none of these choices bring about Aiden’s death- whether on purpose or by accident.

“Jesse, the situation is getting out of hand! There’s no way to fend off these monsters and protect my people! The longer we stay here, the more danger my people will be in!” Why bring up this issue if you already know you can just jump off the edge?

“We can ride the waterfall to safety!” “What? Are you crazy?? The waterfall will just take us into the void!” “We’ll die if we go down there!” “Jesse has done nothing but help us so far! I will show you just how much I believe in Jesse’s words!” You literally just saw Jesse return to Sky City from what you thought was an endless void. You basically have a proof that he/she is right about there being land.

“Hello, hello everyone- please, this is your Founder speaking. Now that we’re safe, we need to get organized; start planning our new community.” “Are you listening to yourself? That’s insane! We were prisoners long enough on that island in the sky! It is time for us to run free- build whatever we please!” I want to take off a wrong, because the developers managed to take an issue presented earlier (Ivor’s house) and carry its theme all the way through to the end. Too bad most people playing will likely not see that connection, since a link is never established. If Ivor’s house had been brought up in this scene, it likely could’ve helped with the “last big choice” wrong I’m about to count.

“Fighting won’t solve anything!” “It will if I win!” “Oh, of course you’d see it that way!” Suddenly I’m getting Episode Two flashbacks.

(‘Milo is right: be free’ ‘Isa is right: make a plan’ ‘It’s possible to do both’) This choice is probably the most poorly constructed one in this entire series. Allow me to explain. One of the aspects of writing, that has always made TellTale a force to be reckoned with, is an aspect that’s made good use of their timed choice-making; decisions are almost always difficult. This is something that the first Walking Dead season mostly got right- even if it turned out later that some possibilities were more impactful than others, the point is that most choices were hard to make under the circumstances they were given. In this case, however, it’s easy to immediately figure out which choice is the one you should go with.

It would’ve been nice to see some controversy build up (no pun intended) no matter what Jesse said. If you tore down Ivor’s house and picked the ‘It’s possible to do both’ option, Ivor could point out how it’s rich hearing talk of freedom coinciding with organization from Jesse, considering what he/she did to his home. A small argument could start about how Ivor wasn’t being “organized” about building his house, but then Jesse would interrupt saying they could talk about this later, creating some enmity between him/her and Ivor. The point is to make the player think a little harder about the choices they make, before or after the player has made them.

“You know something? She’s a little scary at first, but… she’s alright.” “I’m gonna miss that crazy guy!” AND THE SHIPPING CONTINUES… (x2)

“When I was on the ground with the Founder, I totally found a portal!” “AND YOU DIDN’T SAY ANYTHING?!” “Yeah, I’m actually gonna have to agree with Ivor on this one!” Why are you so concerned? It’s not like you didn’t have other pressing matters to deal with before now.

“Now we can just be Isa, and… Benedict.” “That’s a boy’s name!” “What a closed-minded attitude.” Is this supposed to be irony? Because it seems a bit like irony.

(Exiting the portal to find- you guessed it- more portals). “That’s… not what I was expecting.” Sequel baiting.

Total Wrongs: 172

Sentence: A Convenient Portal ("Impossible... that's impossible!")

Tohabath posted: »

Episode Five (Part Four) (Isa and Everyone Else): “IT IS NICE TO MEET YOU!” This is the guy who managed to be inconspicuous enough to unl

• Sentence: A Convenient Portal ("Impossible... that's impossible!")

No, that's improbable. There's a difference.

Just kidding, of course. :) Great job on Ep 5!

Episode Five (Part Five): (Lukas gets pushed off). This is a pretty good moment, until Jesse gets kicked off as well. “AAAAAAAAAAAH! …

• Sins for Episode 6:

In the introduction, Jesse's Gang travel to a dimension full of zombies? How do they know what portal to go through? They could've started the episode in the portal room? DING!

They find an invitation inviting them to the Mansion and describes the location, and they go there. Jesse and Ivor are all by themselves, and Lukas and Petra don't help them. DING!

"I just saw a creepy guy up there in the window." (the first time Jesse saw the White Pumpkin.) How do you know it's a guy? He/She may be male or female. DING!

Jesse and his friends chops down trees and there weren't a lot of wood by when they build a staircase there's a lot of wood. And they didn't craft it into planks which of course makes more wood. DING!

Captain Sparklez states TorqueDawg had a rare item because he said but in one of the quotes he says he didn't have it. DING!

How did the paintings of the Youtubers and Jesse's gang get there? It was there before they arrived (whoever is the White Pumpkin knows.). DING!

Dan denied he didn't know about this rare item, and when Sparklez said it was the Enchanted Flint and Steel, Dan said he owned it. Why did Dan deny about this? Jesse had to force Sparklez to tell them what is was. DING!

When Cassie opened the door, why did she not try to close it? Why did Jesse have to do it? This is what happens and a person who has the sercret to trying to steal the Flint and Steel tries to get scared. DING!

Lizzie says Dan was an expert at redstone, but Dan says he's not good at it, and says Stampy's good at it, but Stampy says he's not good at it either. DING!

Why did Lizzie say she wished for the enchanted item? She defeinitely wasn't the person who killed TorqueDawg and invited these people. DING!

Jesse attacking the White Pumpkin would save Lizzie and Dan. But they died (unless this doesn't count.) DING!

Why did the Youtubers think Lukas was the White Pumpkin after getting framed if they knew his group just got here? They knew the White Pumpkin wore something else. DING!

Jesse gets scared by an armor stand, but if you do nothing he just stands there and Petra hits it. They knew it was nothing! DING!

How did Cassie get a picture of the Portal Room? DING!

Cassie asks Jesse what color Winslow is. What? Why ask when you literaly see him? It would be impossible if Jesse got that wrong! DING!

• (Cassie asks Jesse what color Winslow is. What? Why ask when you literally see him? It would be impossible if Jesse got that wrong! DING!)

Maybe like Dory said, "I suffer from short-term memory loss." Jesse needs to go to a doctor.

Also, two sins :

TorqueDawg at the beginning is "killed" by multiple poison arrows after walking onto a pressure-plate. The arrows were shot from dispensers on the ceiling. The thing is, in real Minecraft, it doesn't work like that. In Minecraft, when you step on a pressure plate to activate a dispenser full of arrows it only dispenses ONE arrow. Sure, it would damage him and lower his health, but not "Kill Him" per say. So, unless Torque got shot once and stupidly went on the plate over and over then this isn't possible. And we see 5-6 arrows sticking out of him, so I don't think that is the case.

The zombie spawners Jesse sees are supposedly the reason the land swarms with zombies. This once again, defies regular Minecraft logic for two reasons. The first is that spawners are only activated when a player gets near them. So unless Cassie stood there for an hour or so seeing as how many zombies were there, that couldn't happen. The second is more obvious. SPAWNERS DO NOT SPAWN ZOMBIES ABOVEGROUND. Seriously, in a normal dungeon in Minecraft the zombies spawn in the dungeon, NOT ABOVE GROUND. And it is quite clearly shown that the lair is BELOW GROUND. That's not possible!

I have one more, it's a little more nitpicky , but how'd the Pumpkin change his voice? In real life, they got a different voice actor, duh. But in unless Cassie is a REALLY GOOD voice actor, the change in voices is not possible. For one thing, the voice of the pumpkin does not sound female at all. Just saying. You have to be really good to do that quality work. Also, don't give me the "There's something in the mask" because at the end when Cassie throws it on the floor, THERE IS NOTHING IN IT! No mic, no voice synthesizer, nothing.

Sins for Episode 6: In the introduction, Jesse's Gang travel to a dimension full of zombies? How do they know what portal to go through?

• Thank you! Nice to have wronging this game finally off my to-do list. :)

lucariolu5 posted: »

Sentence: A Convenient Portal ("Impossible... that's impossible!") No, that's improbable. There's a difference. Just kidding, of course. Great job on Ep 5!

• Not saying you have to but...

What about episodes 6-8?

Thank you! Nice to have wronging this game finally off my to-do list.

• edited July 2016

I've thought about it a ton, but after consideration decided I would end it with the fifth episode. It's been a fun challenge though (even if it took me months to complete)! Hopefully I've done an ounce of justice with this EWW series (I'd certainly welcome feedback on the matter). Anyhow, thanks for reading! Like I said, I really enjoyed writing it overall.

Not saying you have to but... What about episodes 6-8?

• I enjoyed it haha, you captured his voice very well.

Now the real question is, who would be your successor? xD

I've thought about it a ton, but after consideration decided I would end it with the fifth episode. It's been a fun challenge though (even i

• It is the power of shipping, capable of squeezing an extra wrong onto the wrong counter for critical unknown purposes.

AND THE SHIPPING CONTINUES… What is this?

• Maybe she bought it or traded it herself instead of actually killing a wither.

lucariolu5 posted: »

Yeah, I suppose.

• Do what you just did.

AChicken posted: »

Sorry, what? What are you trying to ask me?

• Why are there no villagers in MCSM? Petra said she saw a villager dig a pit and fill with like a million carrots, but yet we've never seen a single villager. Perhaps there'll be one on Ep. 7.

Nah, they can attack you if you harm a villager, and same goes for if you program him with a mod.

• When the TNT cannon explodes in Redstonia, Olivia will say "Duck!" Then the old man with the hearing trumpet says: "Watch your language, young lady!"

Smellmeh posted: »

In episode 4, Soren said the word "Damned".

• He didn't stand on a pressure plate, the white pumpking pulled a lever from behind the painting which shot them down

(Cassie asks Jesse what color Winslow is. What? Why ask when you literally see him? It would be impossible if Jesse got that wrong! DING!)

• PAMA Claims to be Useful in episode 7, yet still wastes time saying "Yay" and welcoming new People as Well as saying something is not useful which in itself is not useful.

Also the white pumpkin didn't make the bridge trap fast to begin with, instead making the lever make it that fast. (Episode 6)

• Thanks, and no idea! XD

Cendre posted: »

I enjoyed it haha, you captured his voice very well. Now the real question is, who would be your successor? xD

• Agree to disagree, though I'll admit TellTale could've done much better if they had dedicated more time to polishing it. :)

Sin: Episode 2 Enough said.

• So the White Pumpkin flipped a lever over and over? In the time that would take Torque probably would've ran away by the time 2 or 3 arrows were shot into him.

He didn't stand on a pressure plate, the white pumpking pulled a lever from behind the painting which shot them down

• It is possible, when poisoned your character doesn't kinda like shakes, same when you touch a cactus, he may have tried to move but TWP pushed the lever too fast, as you see in Boom Town with Magnus it is possible in this Minecraft to press levers super fast

So the White Pumpkin flipped a lever over and over? In the time that would take Torque probably would've ran away by the time 2 or 3 arrows were shot into him.

• Jesse has armour which is said to be super strong, yet Jesse can easily be killed by a Spider or Zombie

• Dude, TWP clearly used redstone repeaters and a redstone comparator to make them shoot multiple arrows! That's how it works!

So the White Pumpkin flipped a lever over and over? In the time that would take Torque probably would've ran away by the time 2 or 3 arrows were shot into him.

• Perhaps he was sabotaging the Order?

"I enchanted these for the Order. They're about as strong as is comes."

Jesse has armour which is said to be super strong, yet Jesse can easily be killed by a Spider or Zombie

• Agreed. I'm surprised at what you can trade with a villager for one emerald.

Maybe she bought it or traded it herself instead of actually killing a wither.

This discussion has been closed.