Who is the best Batman? Inspired by "Who is the best Joker?"

Thanks to Kenny/Lee for giving me permission to make this thread.

So who is the best Batman?

I was too lazy to collect videos, so i did this picture.

I was too lazy to collect videos, so i did this picture. :P

I got to pull one for Michael Keaton, and Christian Bale.

Edit: Kevin Conroy from the Arkham series. Can't believe i forgot him.

Comments

• Oh ya. He played as the Batman from the the Arkham series! He is a great batman!

• Not just in the Arkham series, but pretty much any animated Batman ever, whether it'd be video games, TV shows, or films. He would also have to be my favorite, with a close second being Christian Bale.

Smellmeh posted: »

Oh ya. He played as the Batman from the the Arkham series! He is a great batman!

• Omid's catOmid's cat Banned
    edited February 2016

Keaton, despite Batman Returns. Then other actors................. and Bale.

Bale's Bat voice is a tragedy. Worst Batman EVER.

• I go for Christian bale he is awesome

• Michael Keaton

• Kevin Conroy. None of the live action guys even come close to his portrayal.

• George Clooney... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nah, just kidding. My vote goes to Christian Bale

• Kevin Conroy probably. Also I honestly thought that Christian Bale was a terrible Batman. Good Bruce Wayne, but a terrible Batman.

"Where's Rachel???!!!"

• I feel like, given another chance, Clooney could work better.

Tolispro posted: »

George Clooney... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Nah, just kidding. My vote goes to Christian Bale

• Yah, Kevin Conroy. Don´t even know why he isn´t in the list considering he acted the part way more years and in occasion than any other in that picture.

Beyond that and focusing on the real life actors? Adam West.

None before him is even remembered, none after him will exist without him. The cultural impact Batman does have and enjoy this days is literally in debt with the popularity the character grow thanks to that TV show, one of the most watched TV series of that time period, one of the TV series that most re-runs has get over the years all over the globe and it is still remembered by everyone, even kids that had never even seen the show know it exist even if it´s just as a joke or because they saw a meme.

And one important thing that only the Adam West version can say: It was faithful to the comicbooks of the time period and introduced some villains that make the jump into the comicbook rather then living in bad placed references and name droppings.

i suggest anyone picking up any version after West to read some Batman comicbooks and see where and how do they see Keaton, Kilmer, Clooney, Thomas or Bale version haver any impact in the comicbooks. Great movies, even the bad ones are hilariously bad and entertained, but that´s not Batman. Tim Burton version did have some weight in the sense that after the movie the Batmobile was kinda similar to the movie and Batman got a new outfit that was black as in the movie rather than grey and blue, but then again the suit was also black in some comicbooks prior to the movie. Nolan´s version is so far away from the comic that I should even discuss it, he took elements from Frank Miller Batman, that is super famous, generates tons of money but again, has nothing to do with anything else about Batman and all to do with Miller´s own vision of the world and superheroes. Also, you cab still see references about Adam West Batman in every Batman product to exist, even having him as a voice actor and easter egg in tons of Batman merchandise.

The rest of guys in that list? Irrelevant to the character and mythos, and in 40 years none will even be remember, just like Wilson and Lowery, while Adam West will still be tied to the character well pass his death and that theme song will still be played even as a joke till the character seize to exist.

DEAL WITH IT.

• Kevin Conroy has the perfect voice for Batman (or maybe i'm biased considering I watched the animated series all the time as a kid). Like almost everyone I was skeptical about Ben Affleck being the new Batman at first but after the trailers and photos I'm thinking he's going to be the best Batman on screen to date. I enjoyed The Dark Knight trilogy but it wasn't really Batman. I'm hoping with the new Batman that the fighting scenes will be better and we'll see more detective work.

• Kevin Conroy. I don't think any live action batman really works because the actors either plays batman or Bruce Wayne well but not both.

• michael keaton

• Bale I'm from a newer generation of Batman fans and to me he is and will always be Batman

• Kevin Conroy.

• edited January 2016

Animated top 5:
    1. Kevin Conroy
    2. Bruce Greenwood
    3. Roger Craig Smith
    4.. Peter Weller
    5. Jason O Mara

Live action just the trailers alone has finally stopped the outrage and Affleck will probably be the first live action "Bat-God". Bale was a great Bruce wayne, but I honestly never felt he was batman, not counting his scenes with the joker. Affleck looks like he is going to kick as, We never really saw bale's batman fight properly and also he is suppose to be the smartest dc character but he was always reacting instead of one upping his opponents.Like I could not have taken bale's batman seriously as a member of justice league.

Also yes the movie in general was ridiculous but I actually thought clooney did a great job portraying bruce wayne's intelligence, but for some reason they tried to make a batman 66 movie in 1999.

• Gotta love Mr. West :3

• George Clooney

just kidding, i bet no one wants to think of that abomination again.

Probably Christian Bale. He brought the most humanity to the character and made you care for him. I adore the over the top voice, unlike some here. Some moments were unintentionally funny.

Closely behind Kevin Conroy in the Arkham series and Michael Keaton.

• edited January 2016

I see you have finally gone ahead with your idea.
    Kudos!
    I think that Christian Bale is the best Batman.
    And I'm extremely interested to see how Ben Affleck is as the caped crusader.

Out of curiosity, how did you get my username in red, and make it into a link to my profile?
    I was just curious, as I've never seen it done before.

• edited January 2016

I assume in the top of the text box he clicked on "link" then copied and pasted the address, like

Kenny/Lee

Kenny/Lee posted: »

I see you have finally gone ahead with your idea. Kudos! I think that Christian Bale is the best Batman. And I'm extremely interested to

• Yep thanks again for the permission. And i copied your username and pasted it as a link.

Kenny/Lee posted: »

I see you have finally gone ahead with your idea. Kudos! I think that Christian Bale is the best Batman. And I'm extremely interested to

• edited January 2016

Also this is a quite awsome batman :p I love that they are doing dark knight returns costume, hell I played new game play with the dawn of justice costume and it's insane how good it looks but I'm hoping when CW gets the greenlight to use batman that they will possibly use this batman or atleast this costume :p

• Gotta be West, 'cause

enter image description here

NOBODY messes with Adam We! Or DO they?

• ASSHOLE MODE ON.

Your generation sucks.

ASSHOLE MODE OFF.

A bad performance in a movie is a bad performance, your own age on how close is one movie to your birthday is irrelevant. Don´t worry, you will grow up and get it.

Bale I'm from a newer generation of Batman fans and to me he is and will always be Batman

• Would you prefer Ben Afleck lol imo all of the previous Batmen were too cheesy and didn't feel grounded enough in reality (aside from Val Kilmer) . While I admit I hate Bale's over the top deep Batman voice I felt like his performance was good overall and the modern trilogy represents a post 9/11 take on the super hero genre particularly Dark Knight which was fantastic Dark Knight rises was meh.

SpaceTales posted: »

ASSHOLE MODE ON. Your generation sucks. ASSHOLE MODE OFF. A bad performance in a movie is a bad performance, your own age on how close is one movie to your birthday is irrelevant. Don´t worry, you will grow up and get it.

• Gotta go with Bale!

• edited January 2016

Looks like Bale is winning. :P

Oh and Kevin Conroy.

• For me Michael Keaton and of course Bale :)

• I Think Bale too. but Adam West is total classic!

• Best animated Batman was Kevin Conroy and Bruce Greenwood.

Best live action Batman is Christian Bale. Although, I am pretty impressed with Affleck's portrayal so far. (Even though I still think the movie is gonna be shit.)

• Kevin Conroy for voice but defos Bale for live action

• enter image description here

Affleck sure looks the part for Bruce Wayne. We'll have to see if he can hold is own against Bale as the batman.

• Can't wait to see how he does as batman.

beguiler posted: »

Affleck sure looks the part for Bruce Wayne. We'll have to see if he can hold is own against Bale as the batman.

• edited February 2016

Movies - Christian Bale

Games and Animated Series - Kevin Conroy

Sign in to comment in this discussion.