Minecraft: Story Mode Returns for Episode 5 on March 29th, Three More Adventures Continuing in 2016

puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni

Minecraft: Story Mode Episode 5 key art

The adventures of Jesse and the NEW Order of the Stone are set to continue this month! In the first episode since the Wither Storm finale, Minecraft: Story Mode Episode 5 - 'Order Up' will be available starting March 29th on PC/Mac, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, AND iOS and Android-based devices.

screenshot 1

And that's not the only exciting news for Minecraft: Story Mode players today... we can also reveal that Order Up! won't be the last you see of Jesse, as Episode Five will bridge the gap between the Wither Storm story arc, and three all-new adventures that will continue as post-season episodes set to release in the coming months of 2016!

screenshot 2

These continuing Adventures of the New Order of the Stone will follow the additional escapades of Jesse and the group as they explore new and unfamiliar worlds beyond their own. All three of these episodes will be add-ons to the season, so you'll need to own at least the first episode of Minecraft: Story Mode in order to purchase and play these three chapters in the series which will include episodes 6, 7, and 8.

screenshot 3

We're keeping further info on those three extra episodes a secret for now, but what can we tell you about the imminent Episode Five?

On a tip from Ivor, Jesse and friends head to an abandoned temple holding mysterious treasures. Ambushed by former Ocelot Aiden and his crew, our heroes find themselves in an entirely new world: Sky City! As they explore, the Order finds that resources are at a premium, and nothing but 'The Void' exists below the known world. When Aiden convinces Sky City's ruler that the New Order of the Stone are up to no good, you'll need to make some tough choices to clear your name, and keep Aiden from destroying an innocent world.

screenshot 4

The cast of Minecraft: Story Mode also continues to expand as Jesse, played by Patton Oswalt (Ratatouille) or Catherine Taber (Star Wars Rebels), join Ivor, played by Paul Reubens (Pee-wee’s Big Holiday) and the gang on a trip to the skies. They'll meet a growing cast that includes Sean Astin (The Goonies, The Lord of the Rings) as Reginald, the loyal Captain of the Guard, Jim Meskimen (Parks and Recreation) as the rebellious Milo, and Melissa Hutchison (The Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series) as the Founder of Sky City.

screenshot 5

Are you ready to tangle with Aiden again? Excited to explore an entirely new Minecraft world with Jesse and the crew? Dive back into Minecraft: Story Mode on March 29th in Episode Five: Order Up! – and stay tuned in the time ahead for more news on the Continuing Adventures of the New Order of the Stone!

Comments

• Clemmy is the leader of Sky City, hype levels just increased 1,000%

• OMG!!! I AM HYPED FOR THIS AGAIN!!! :D

• Wait, I got the Season pass for MCSM. This says " so you'll need to own at least the first episode of Minecraft: Story Mode in order to purchase and play these three chapters in the series which will include episodes 6, 7, and 8." Does that need I need to purchase these episodes to0?!?!

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Does that need I need to purchase these episodes to0?!?!

Yes, you will need to pay extra for episodes 6, 7 and 8 as they are classed as seperate DLC episodes.

Wait, I got the Season pass for MCSM. This says " so you'll need to own at least the first episode of Minecraft: Story Mode in order to purc

• What about the episodes for Wii U?

• OMG can't wait for the next few episodes to come so if we bought the multipack does the new episodes come included with that or do we have to buy it again?

• I am new to all this,on Steam how will I have to pay the other episodes,will it be normal like other Steam in-game purchases?

OzzyUK posted: »

Does that need I need to purchase these episodes to0?!?! Yes, you will need to pay extra for episodes 6, 7 and 8 as they are classed as seperate DLC episodes.

• Хи хи, урааа! Мы этого дождались!

• This is gonna the best episode of MCSM.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator
    edited March 2016

Closer to release or even on release day there will be an option to purchace downloadable content on the Story Mode Steam store page.

Chris06 posted: »

I am new to all this,on Steam how will I have to pay the other episodes,will it be normal like other Steam in-game purchases?

• edited March 2016

1) This reminds me of when Vault of the Traveler and Life is Strange: Episode 5 aired on the same day. 2) Something tells me that Aiden is being used as a puppet. 3) Never thought that there will be a miniseries after Order Up.

• Is the updated Engine going to be used on the next episodes? Because the graphics are looking gorgeous on those pictures.

• I think they said it would be used for Batman onward. This is a DLC for Season 1, which uses the current engine, so I strongly doubt so.

MimoDX2 posted: »

Is the updated Engine going to be used on the next episodes? Because the graphics are looking gorgeous on those pictures.

• In addition to what OzzyUK said, there will probably be an option to buy the three episodes in game as well.

Chris06 posted: »

I am new to all this,on Steam how will I have to pay the other episodes,will it be normal like other Steam in-game purchases?

• So telltale, your telling me THAT I HAVE TO BUY EPISODES 6,7,8 SO I CAN GET THE FULL EXPERIENCE OF MINECRAFT STORY MODE!!!!!!

• No, Only Episodes 1 - 5. However you will require to pay for Episode 6,7,8.
    They'll most likely add a multipack.

OMG can't wait for the next few episodes to come so if we bought the multipack does the new episodes come included with that or do we have to buy it again?

• Calm down dude.
    You only purchased the Season Pack or Consecutively buying Episodes.
    THE season pack only provided for 5 Episodes, 6,7,8 are Additional and aren't required.
    Its most likely there will be a multipack for them too.

Mrgecko375 posted: »

So telltale, your telling me THAT I HAVE TO BUY EPISODES 6,7,8 SO I CAN GET THE FULL EXPERIENCE OF MINECRAFT STORY MODE!!!!!!

• ikr

AronDracula posted: »

This is gonna the best episode of MCSM.

• Question:

In these screenshots, I never saw anything that could relate to uhh jokes?...

• Really.. Are you telling me.... they could've already had those amazing graphics in the previous episodes D::::

I think they said it would be used for Batman onward. This is a DLC for Season 1, which uses the current engine, so I strongly doubt so.

• Rough translation:

Hee hee, Uraaa! We waited for this!

Terry__ posted: »

Хи хи, урааа! Мы этого дождались!

• Having the MCSM Season Pass sounds like something when ALL the episodes will be with it.. thats the point of a pass. In TWD didnt they add 400 days to the season pass for free? I dont have to big of a problem with it but theirs not much point of a season pass if it doesnt come with all the episodes.

• Which are you going to play first? Michonne or Minecraft?

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

The season pass is for the season which is episodes 1-5, episodes 6-8 are out of season extra episodes which is why you will need to pay for them.

400 days was also a paid for DLC and it cost the same as a normal episode so Story Mode will be the same, one thing to remember is that it costs to develop episodes and the season pass for episodes 1-5 doesn't factor in the cost of developing episodes 6, 7 and 8 so Telltale would likely lose money by giving them away.

NorthStars posted: »

Having the MCSM Season Pass sounds like something when ALL the episodes will be with it.. thats the point of a pass. In TWD didnt they add 4

• Thats ok like I said I dont really have a problem with it its just new

OzzyUK posted: »

The season pass is for the season which is episodes 1-5, episodes 6-8 are out of season extra episodes which is why you will need to pay for

• I'm playing Michonne first!

Which are you going to play first? Michonne or Minecraft?

• I can't wait for episode 5! 6 days to go!

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited March 2016

I'll probably play Minecraft: Story Mode first, as I'm curious how they'll handle it after episode 4 wrapped up the Wither Storm story

Which are you going to play first? Michonne or Minecraft?

• aiden looks like the only one of the ocelots that want to fight in the 4th photo.

• So any resurrection of Ruben is going to happen in Ep.5,6, or 7? Like growing the pork chop picked up by Jesse and turned back into Ruben?

• Thought so. The Ocelots were back ready for revenge. JOKES?

Question: In these screenshots, I never saw anything that could relate to uhh jokes?...

• So that means that you will have to purchase them even if you have already bought the season pass?

Calm down dude. You only purchased the Season Pack or Consecutively buying Episodes. THE season pack only provided for 5 Episodes, 6,7,8 are Additional and aren't required. Its most likely there will be a multipack for them too.

• Yes, I believe so. They're a seperate episodes or edition episodes to view.
    Each should range around the same price as before

So that means that you will have to purchase them even if you have already bought the season pass?

• maybe

JimMate789 posted: »

Thought so. The Ocelots were back ready for revenge. JOKES?

• edited March 2016

That would be a odd twist. But worth it. Ruben must return! Poor pig. :'(

• I will play mc:sm first

I'm playing Michonne first!

• I hope not. Reuben's death was tragic, but resurrecting him would cheapen his death for me. Jesse could always find another friend.

Maybe the new friend could even be a traditionally hostile mob...Jesse and his new baby spider buddy, anyone?

Then again, a Pig Tree does sound interesting, lol.

xavierx posted: »

So any resurrection of Ruben is going to happen in Ep.5,6, or 7? Like growing the pork chop picked up by Jesse and turned back into Ruben?

• HE won't they're not going to burn 4 episodes worth of plot in one episode.
    It was tragic but they can't revive reuben

Etanarvazac posted: »

That would be a odd twist. But worth it. Ruben must return! Poor pig.

This discussion has been closed.