what games are you playing?

Comments

• Playing witcher 3 a second time on death march difficulty. I forgot how much of a masterpiece that game is, and it's better on death march.

• Currently playing F.E.A.R. As a horror game it's alright at best but as a shooter it's the most fun i've had in a while. Definitely recommend it.

• I used to play a similar wii game, but you take care of monkeys.

Melton23 posted: »

A game that I don’t play much anymore, but actually used to play that I want to mention is Cats ?? Looking back on it, I think my dad tho

• You didn’t really take care of them. You got to play as them and go on some crazy step where you run into a lot of strangers and they all want to kill you despite you being a kitten. The dolphin was cool tho.

I used to play a similar wii game, but you take care of monkeys.

• Finally ended getting a PS4 early last month. Took some time off during the holidays so I could sit down with No Mans Sky, that's pretty much taken over all of my game time since lol.

• I think you got the wrong game if you don't enjoy it.

Finally ended getting a PS4 early last month. Took some time off during the holidays so I could sit down with No Mans Sky, that's pretty much taken over all of my game time since lol.

• Well, yea, I'd never call buying a game I don't enjoy a good decision lol. But I put a lot of time in Elite:Dangerous over the last few years though, them being similar in genre and with everything I've heard about the improvements the past year I figured it'd be worth a try. I'm finding it to be pretty good, aside from slowly making my way through Last of Us, NMS is all I've played during my late night sessions.

AronDracula posted: »

I think you got the wrong game if you don't enjoy it.

• Why is it so expensive on Steam? Wasn't it released a long time ago?

Raiden097 posted: »

Currently playing F.E.A.R. As a horror game it's alright at best but as a shooter it's the most fun i've had in a while. Definitely recommend it.

• What remains of edith finch, haven't played much but it is atmospheric and the dialogue seems good.

Elite Dangerous, one of the better games I have played if anyone preferably from Europe wants to form a wing just holler!

• I think it's because F.E.A.R. is signed up for the deals program. Every time Steam does a major sale, F.E.A.R. is involved; Usually 75-90% off.

AronDracula posted: »

Why is it so expensive on Steam? Wasn't it released a long time ago?

• I'm still currently playing Star wars:The Old Republic,it's not as bad as people say actually it's worth one time playing the Jedi knight story with all the expansions it feels like a long Telltale game.Playing a sith is pretty funny too.

• At the minute, I’ve just finished Dead Rising 3, Deadlight Directors Cut, and i’m going to start the Dead Rising 3 DLC with a mate.

Once my Game Pass has run out though on the 23rd, and i’ve done Episode 4 of Batman The Enemy Within, i’m going to start Yooka Laylee with my Wife.

I’m also looking forward to playing the Hidden Ones Story DLC for Assassin’s Creed Origins over the next few weeks when it’s released.

• Currently playing AC:Syndicate, 68% on the main game and I just bought the season pass. I would like the game even more if it wouldn't crash when I complete the gang quests.

• I just finished Beyond Two Souls and I feel empty inside, this game is a masterpiece.

• this game is a masterpiece.

Um, ok.

Nebulae posted: »

I just finished Beyond Two Souls and I feel empty inside, this game is a masterpiece.

• I reached the Orphan of Kos, the last boss of Bloodborne Old Hunters DLC. He now became the worst boss fight I've approached. I just had one more hit to finish him off and killed me instantly, I was out of medicine.

• Because a sequel is being teased, I'm planning on finishing Snake Pass. I only ever got halfway through it even though I bought it day 1.

• edited January 2018

I'm super hyped for when Smash Bros comes out on the Nintendo Switch later this year!

• Finally, I beat the last boss of Bloodborne Old Hunters DLC. It took me 3 days to put it out of its fucking misery.

• started playing the witcher 3 again, cant put it down. Taht game is a master piece.

• I'm trying to beat COD WW2 the. The campaign is ok but where it really shines is the zombies. But the PvP was terrible. The campaign I'd give 7/10, zombies 9 ½/10, and PvP 3/10.

• My current backlog
    Star Wars battlefront 2
    COD WW2
    Killzone 2&3 (Not gonna bother with the first)
    Borderlands 2 DLC
    Assassins creed 3
    And Call of duty 3 and world at war

• edited January 2018

All the PVP I've seen in any COD game is terrible compared to things like Battlefield and Fortnite. I mean, you can stab someone in the leg and it instantly kills them, yet people praise COD as one of the "most realistic shooter franchises of all time".

Sbs1280 posted: »

I'm trying to beat COD WW2 the. The campaign is ok but where it really shines is the zombies. But the PvP was terrible. The campaign I'd give 7/10, zombies 9 ½/10, and PvP 3/10.

• I'm not the biggest PvP fan the only PvP I like is destiny

All the PVP I've seen in any COD game is terrible compared to things like Battlefield and Fortnite. I mean, you can stab someone in the leg

• edited January 2018

Spent my entire winter break playing Skyrim and I liked it. But as expected, it wasn't as good as many people said.

I tried to play Oblivion afterwards, though, but after playing so much of Skyrim, Oblivion's combat just felt entirely off for me.

Right now, I'm having a debate of whether I should actually play Stardew Valley or play POSTAL 2 for old times' sake.

• ˢᵗᵃʳᵈᵉʷ ᵛᵃᶫᶫᵉʸ ˢᵗᵃʳᵈᵉʷ ᵛᵃᶫᶫᵉʸ ˢᵗᵃʳᵈᵉʷ ᵛᵃᶫᶫᵉʸ

Wolfenus54 posted: »

Spent my entire winter break playing Skyrim and I liked it. But as expected, it wasn't as good as many people said. I tried to play Obliv

• I am currently replaying Fallout 3, man does it bring back memories! I used to play this game from sunrise to nighttime when I was younger.

• Sleeping Dogs. Waiting till episode 4 of Batman

• Currently played Bloodborne and I defeated 2 bosses without dying, surprisingly, being Martyr Logarius and Darkbeast Paarl.

• Right now, I'm playing
    Assassin's Creed Origins (very disappointed, but I'm chill about it now),
    NBA2K18 (again, microtransaction crap woes, but otherwise I like it; just gonna take forever to get my shooting up),
    Gwent (needs a required 40 card standard deck size rather than 25-40, but it's a good card game),
    Blood Bowl 2 (they just ruined their franchise mode, so I'm down on it),

and I'm waiting for the next episodes of Batman and Life is Strange: Before the Storm (extra episode, happy with both games other than the illuminati symbols crap in both).
    I tend to play at five or so games at a time. And I've got XCOM2 and Heavy Rain sitting there on the drive for replays (PS4).

A few bright spots, but overall 2017 has been a very bad, disappointing year for games, with bad (corporate bottom line and/or antichristian) exec decisions ruining or tarnishing highly anticipated games. Way too many games this year I've had to just quit mid-go never to touch again because they were just poisoned with evil junk, and I can't go that. Can't pick up Persona 5 for instance, and otherwise I'd love a game like that.

Next, I plan to play, oh what is it, the game with the robot dinosaurs and bow and arrow redhead. Lots of stuff I'm getting around to as I can finish something and clear hard drive space. Lots of stuff waiting to redownload. Lots of little indies and smaller stuff I got on steep PS4 store sales, things like that. A couple bigger games still.

I can't wait for Detroit to come out. 2018 will hopefully be a more satisfying year, kinda hitting that enui saturation point from too many letdowns.

• What is dissapointing about AC:Origins? I'm asking because I want to buy it. :#

quetzicoatl posted: »

Right now, I'm playing Assassin's Creed Origins (very disappointed, but I'm chill about it now), NBA2K18 (again, microtransaction crap w

• edited January 2018

Right now, I'm working on Dying Light and MGS V.

But I also just started Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright on the 3DS. It's actually quite good so far, even though I've only gotten to where its really starting (Chp. 2)

Now, I know my Layton way more than I do my Phoenix, so this would basically be an introduction to the attorney and his world for me. As first impressions go... it's way more extravagant than I expected. The witnesses in court are all really... flamboyant. Is that normal? If anyone knows their Phoenix Wright games, do fill me in if this is normal.

So, I'm eagerly anticipating the moment in the story when Phoenix starts solving puzzles and Layton starts defending characters in court. When you've got crossovers like this, it's bound to happen with your main characters.
    Speaking of puzzles, considering this is probably others' first foray into the world of Layton, the puzzles aren't that hard compared to main entries. It's fine, but the types of puzzles is appalling. I haven't even seen a riddle or math-based puzzle so far. It's just been multiple choice, spot the difference, organise pieces into order, solve a maze... The presentation of the puzzles is great, something I haven't seen before in the series, but so far I've only had to use a hint coin on one puzzle: the latest one. And that was an association puzzle in which the conditions were worded kinda strangely. (You can also use hint coins in the courtroom, and those tell you when to present evidence, which I did use for the first case. I'm not an Ace Attorney, and I am quite new as to how the evidence-linking contradictions go. We'll see if I get better over time.)

Oh! And the animation is on point! Coolest cutscenes I've seen for a Layton game. (Does Wright's games have animated cutscenes?)

• It took a while but I'm finding L.A. Noire quite interesting now. (Also getting better at the interrogations...)
    Once I finish it, I might start Uncharted: the Lost Legacy. Also bought Hidden Agenda but haven't played it yet.

• edited January 2018

I started playing BioShock a few months ago but I threw it out onto my driveway and smashed it with a monkey wrench as punishment for being too parasitical.
    My Daddy, who is quite Big, got angry so I blamed it on my Little Sister.
    He caught onto my lie and proceeded to drill me about what really happened.
    I was so torn by it all that I decided to waste myself and shoot up my arm.
    Nah, I'm just kidding. (That joke turned out to be much darker than I anticipated. Nonetheless very fitting.)
    I temporarily packed away the PS3... to make space in the living area, and haven't gotten around to bringing it back out.

I did, however, briefly bring out the PS2 for only a couple of days and played Ultimate Spider-Man because I remember it being cool but I found the story too fast-paced and a bit too full of action.
    The only way the story advances is either through a brief cutscene, or a battle after another battle or a fight after a chase.
    Is that normal with video games? 'cause I seriously can't remember.
    I guess that's what the open-world is for: breaking up the action.
    Or maybe it felt rushed because I tried to complete the story as quickly as possible... Hmm... I may never know...

I still don't understand plot-wise what the point in that Venom VS. Wolverine fight is... Why did Venom decide to smash that motorbike into Wolverine's place? Because it stood out to him because it's the only bike in the whole game? Or because logic isn't his strong point because he's a violent monster covered in dark ooze?

When I first heard Johnny Storm's voice, I almost-immediently recognized it and said "That's Danny Phantom!". I wasn't sure who voiced Danny Phantom, but after looking it up, I was right.

Another interesting voice actor fact is that James Arnold Taylor voices Electro in this game. He's voiced Spider-Man before in Spider-Man: Friend or Foe.
    He also voices the co-lead in Insomniac Games series Ratchet & Clank.

I found Spider-Man/Peter Parker's voice in this game a little... annoying at times.
    He doesn't really show emotion that well, especially when he's shouting or struggling. "Aah." "No." "I have to stay away from Eddie." "It's... killing me."
    It's like he just says it without feeling it.

There's also a part where a car gets thrown up high into a building and the driver is hanging on to dear life to the car door and Spider-Man says "Oh no. He's about to fall!" in an annoyed kind of way.
    He makes Spider-Man/Peter Parker sound like he has depression or something. (Not that there's anything wrong with that)
    But I will say that he's decent with narrating the cutscenes and making sarcastic remarks, but in a bitter and unamused way, rather than smart and witty. But I still think it works.
    Thugs: "Quick! Let's get out of here before the cops come!"
    Spider-Man: "What? I don't count?"
    Thugs: "It's Spider-Man!"
    Spider-Man: "Aaw! You do know me! I feel all warm and fuzzy inside."

I do really like the comic-book-panel-style cutscenes though, they really stand-out and make the cutscenes unique.
    Are there other mediums that present their scenes in that style?

I got dissuaded when the PS2 froze during the Electro battle and I bad forgotten to save it in a a while. (Pesky old hardware!)

Then I played the original Resident Evil for old-time's sake, and to show my Mom the amazingly bad acting.
    Barry: "What is this?"
    Jill: "What is it?"
    Barry: "It's... blood. * beat * I hope this is not Chris's blood!"
    Barry: "Jill, you look are for any clues. I'll be examining THIS."

I told my Mom "If it wasn't for this game, we wouldn't have The Last Of Us!" :)

Then I got bored of it and packed away the PS2 again.

So I've been playing on and off CRISIS CORE: Final Fantasy VII...
    I've played it before a couple of years ago but I never finished it. I decided to start over again.
    My brother really liked it and I feel bad that I never got around to finishing it.
    I've been either forgetting to play it or too busy. Or too tired.

It's pretty good but it's taken me a while to understand the story probably because it's a backstory and requires playing FFVII to get the most out it...
    Hmm... Well, I used to play game series' in the wrong order before... Besides, have you seen the chunky, blocky, roblox characters in FFVII?! What outlandish-cartoon style were they going for there?!

Sometimes the DMW can ruin the flow of combat, or can make an easy, quick battle stretch on for much longer than it should. Or it can save you from a tight scrape. Sometimes it's useful, sometimes it's annoying.
    The 'images from Zack's heart' is a nice touch though. It shows you what events hold the most importance to Zack, and gives you insight on his relationship with others. I also love how Zack's emotions can affect the DMW. Heck, I just love the fact that these soldier operatives even acknowledge emotions.

"Zack, if you want to have dreams, you need to be honour and have heroes." --Oh wait, I think I mixed that line up.

• edited January 2018

Ultimate Spider-Man

YEAAHHH!!! One of the greats!
    I have it for PC, somewhere. I know I tried to get it working a few months ago, but it just doesn't work on Windows 10. :disappointed:

I have such good memories of that game from my childhood, really shaped my love for Spider-Man and games. (though it may have taken a while to do so. I was way scared of Venom back then, so much so, I wouldn't touch the game for quite a few weeks once I'd come upon one of his missions.)

No other game I've seen does cutscenes like this. It's truly awesome, well-animated, and perfectly represents a "comic come to life". It's just such a joy to watch.

Edit: (While it hasn't been confirmed by Marvel) I think it's been confirmed by fans that the new voice of Spider-Man for the PS4 game is Yuri Lowenthal.

I started playing BioShock a few months ago but I threw it out onto my driveway and smashed it with a monkey wrench as punishment for being

• edited January 2018

So i love the mass effect trilogy and i've heard of The witcher trilogy,i'm gonna play the first witcher game so we'll see.A lot of people like it apparently.

• Ah, Ultimate Spider-Man, easily one of the best Spidey games out there, my second favorite with Web of Shadows being the first. It's really weird that a popular comic book superhero like Spider-Man, didn't have great sales in gaming, now with Spider-Man PS4 coming up, it sure will do justice.

But yeah, there were some problems that I couldn't stand like Johnny Storm's racing quests (I couldn't even beat him in the final race), Venom losing health in free roam (Like what the fuck causes that?), open world feeling kind of empty and the combat being button mashing but at least the main missions were so good they were replayable. Also, the comic book style cutscenes is just FLAWLESS.

I started playing BioShock a few months ago but I threw it out onto my driveway and smashed it with a monkey wrench as punishment for being

• I strongly recommend these games, I mean, masterpieces, I'm playing all of them right now, you won't regret it:
    *The Walking Dead a New Frontier (definitely a masterpiece, I cried at the end, so beautiful and a lot of emotions, #GabentineBestCouple)
    * No Man's Sky (oh my god another masterpiece)
    * Ghostbusters (I can't describe this perfection)
    * Star wars battlefront 2 (Best game of the year, why do people hate this MASTERPIECE?)
    * BMX XXX (Another masterpiece, so many emotions with this one, classic)
    * Bubsy 3D (Another classic, Super Mario 64 is nothing compared to this)
    * Duke Nukem Forever (M A S T E R P I E C E O F 2 0 1 1)

• You alright, mate?

MegaXD posted: »

I strongly recommend these games, I mean, masterpieces, I'm playing all of them right now, you won't regret it: *The Walking Dead a New Fro

• I've been checking out Guild Wars 2. It's a pretty good fantasy MMORPG game. I'm surprised how big the world is, considering how it's free to play.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.