what games are you playing?

Comments

• edited January 2019

Cool, thanks!
    I just need a little kickstart to get out of my no gaming mood, so I think I'll follow your advice and start with Spidey.

And with close to 5000 hours in Fallout 4 alone, free time is not something I'm lacking. So Divinity will be the second one. Thanks again!

iFoRias posted: »

Divinity Original Sin 2 Awesome,this is probably the best RPG i've ever played but you really need a lot of free time,i put hundreds

• Oh crap, I shouldn't have watched the playthrough Bryan Dechart and girlfriend (wife?) did of Before The Storm ep.1.
    That game has a way of worming itself into my head. Now I have no choice but to go play it again until I get it out of my system.

I probably should just go look for a decent psychiatrist instead. :D

• Yeah ikr. Whenever i see someone playing my favorite nostalgic game i wish to immediately play it too, its so addictive.

Onmens posted: »

Oh crap, I shouldn't have watched the playthrough Bryan Dechart and girlfriend (wife?) did of Before The Storm ep.1. That game has a way o

• edited February 2019

For some reason, I'm just not enjoying The Last Guardian. Which is weird because I liked ICO quite a bit. This is just the reverse of that.
    [Unfortunately I didn't really enjoy Shadow of the Collossus (the 2011 HD remaster). Fighting the monsters was fun, but the time spent travelling (and figuring out where and how to reach them) between those battles was too tedious and empty for my taste. Those PS2 graphics -- despite being up-rezzed for PS3 -- just aren't as interesting or breathtaking as they should be.]
    Anyway, there's just something about the Last Guardian that I don't enjoy. I'm still in the early game, so Trico isn't the most faithful companion yet and I've still got basic commands for him. Maybe it's the outdated controls that don't sit right with me. Maybe it's the weird floaty-ness of them, where there's a slight input delay. Maybe it's the pure isolation of the game where it's just you and a beast going about a destroyed old temple/castle thing.
    It just feels a bit aimless and confusing on where we're going.

So, I've decided to put that one on the backburner for now.

I've got Persona 3 I'm trying to finish.
    That one's a bit easier on me. I can play the social and dungeon-crawling bits in short bursts, but dedicate larger bits of time for the periodic bosses in the game (since those battles take a while and is full of scripted, voiced story beats).

So, in the search for something truly engaging and fun for fun's sake I've resolved to finish Dying Light. I've already completed the main game, but haven't touched The Following DLC, so that's next on my list. Should be enjoyable, I hope.

I just want to get to playing some of the stuff on the top of my list I got during the holiday sales...

• Picked up Kingdom Hearts 3, I've gotten about 8 hours of sleep since Tuesday. One of these days my hearts gonna finally give out on me, no regrets though lol

• How far have you gotten? I've just entered the second galaxy after Corona last night.
    Also, how is your wallet?

Picked up Kingdom Hearts 3, I've gotten about 8 hours of sleep since Tuesday. One of these days my hearts gonna finally give out on me, no regrets though lol

• Nice. I just got into the third galaxy, did the treasure orbs there but haven't done any story missions yet. Think my wallets sitting around 25k, I went with a mostly physical style so I usually keep my potion stock at around 10 and avoid buying anything else, cure spell is a godsend. I've made 4 ships and naturally spent a good deal of time testing them out in combat and hunting down crystals and asteroid fields for more pieces lol, kept me pretty comfortable as far as money goes.

DabigRG posted: »

How far have you gotten? I've just entered the second galaxy after Corona last night. Also, how is your wallet?

• ...Oh, you thought I meant ingame! Ha-HAH...no.
    Back to the game though, I haven't made any ships yet. Holdin off till I see the timely opportunity, though it was a concern when I accidentally made a detour through the lava cave and my little nephew reminded me that I might have to fight another Heartless mech with half the health.

Nice. I just got into the third galaxy, did the treasure orbs there but haven't done any story missions yet. Think my wallets sitting around

• Lmao, I wasn't sure which you meant, but my friend was complaining about not having money in the game so I thought I'd play it safe. My wallet, took my father and stepmother out to the movies Saturday(15 dollars for a French bread pizza lol) and had to shell out another 60 for a new controller. Still gotta figure out a way to grab RE2 and Anthem this month while helping my sister and the kids with their move among other things, I'm gonna be in the red for a while even with the OT.

One positive about the galaxy traveling is those special bosses will show up with red hearts, as far as I can tell, so you should be alright as long as you keep an eye out for them. Also, take pictures of the constellations, they unlock unique ships you can choose in the depart menu and some are pretty powerful. Ship creator is surprisingly fun, though. I got to the third galaxy when I got in this morning, wanted to make a star destroyer ship now that my ship is pretty high level, so I decided to do that real quick before taking a nap. And now I've been up for around 30 hours.

...Oh, you thought I meant ingame! Ha-HAH...no. Back to the game though, I haven't made any ships yet. Holdin off till I see the timely op

• Damn. And I'm sorry, 15$ for a fuckin pizza?!

Still gotta figure out a way to grab RE2 and Anthem this month while helping my sister and the kids with their move among other things, I'm gonna be in the red for a while even with the OT.

Yeah, seriously.
    Is the former a remake or what?

One positive about the galaxy traveling is those special bosses will show up with red hearts, as far as I can tell, so you should be alright as long as you keep an eye out for them.

Will do. Was thinkin about maybe playing again today, though I may actually start the Enemy Within instead. Depends on what's convenient to my mood, really.

Also, take pictures of the constellations, they unlock unique ships you can choose in the depart menu and some are pretty powerful.

Yeah, I heard Goofy say something to that effect at one point, but didn't see what he meant. But that's not much of a surprise thus far.

Ship creator is surprisingly fun, though. I got to the third galaxy when I got in this morning, wanted to make a star destroyer ship now that my ship is pretty high level, so I decided to do that real quick before taking a nap.

I don't why, but I feel a little tepid about doing that for the time being. Probably cause I wanna get a move on and/or keep things authentic or whatever.
    That'd be some shit, tho.

And now I've been up for around 30 hours.

Workin graveyard shift or somethin?

Lmao, I wasn't sure which you meant, but my friend was complaining about not having money in the game so I thought I'd play it safe. My wall

• I know, dude 15. It was like 8 inches long, 3 inches wide, and it costs as much as a large pizza costs at the pizza shop around my house lol. RE2 is a remake of the original '98 game, which I had, but but completely overhauled gameplay wise. What really intrigues me is the free dlc they're doing for it, the first part comes out this month, and each part will be about the beginning of the outbreak in the city for characters who died during the game. RE2 starts with you picking Leon or Claire as they unknowingly arrive in the city after its fallen, this was a really good way to remake the game while introducing a fresh look at the story.

Ship building is kinda Minecraft like, in that it's all done on a block grid, though with different shapes and such. It can be as serious or goofy as you want, I've got my main one that's optimized for health and damage output, with the best thrusters and best weapon combinations I could fit, and the star destroyer that I wanted to make look good while being useful. You have an overall ship level, which affects how large you cost limit is for building, and each block and utility item you place has a certain cost, so you build around that. And yea, I usually work doubles during the weekend, so I get about 6 hours for myself. Caffeine helped this weekend lol

Damn. And I'm sorry, 15$ for a fuckin pizza?! Still gotta figure out a way to grab RE2 and Anthem this month while helping my sister a

• No one warned me about Manus, Father of the Abyss from Dark Souls DLC. None of the DS base bosses gave me trouble more than that fucking cheater.

• I know, dude 15. It was like 8 inches long, 3 inches wide, and it costs as much as a large pizza costs at the pizza shop around my house lol.

Oh HELL no! You must've been spoilin somebody somethin serious.

RE2 is a remake of the original '98 game, which I had, but but completely overhauled gameplay wise. What really intrigues me is the free dlc they're doing for it, the first part comes out this month, and each part will be about the beginning of the outbreak in the city for characters who died during the game. RE2 starts with you picking Leon or Claire as they unknowingly arrive in the city after its fallen, this was a really good way to remake the game while introducing a fresh look at the story.

That moment when you realize you were thinking of Silent Hill. :confused:

Ship building is kinda Minecraft like, in that it's all done on a block grid, though with different shapes and such. It can be as serious or goofy as you want, I've got my main one that's optimized for health and damage output, with the best thrusters and best weapon combinations I could fit, and the star destroyer that I wanted to make look good while being useful. You have an overall ship level, which affects how large you cost limit is for building, and each block and utility item you place has a certain cost, so you build around that.

Yeah, I remember that from KH2 over 1 1/2 decade ago. I also vaguely recall putting together something that had no business flying, never mind taking on fleets. :neutral:

And yea, I usually work doubles during the weekend, so I get about 6 hours for myself. Caffeine helped this weekend lol

Ooh, a weekend slave. Well, at least you can probably squeeze in some you-time if you really enjoy that.

I know, dude 15. It was like 8 inches long, 3 inches wide, and it costs as much as a large pizza costs at the pizza shop around my house lol

• Oh, bro, I would kill for a remake of Silent Hill 1. I never actually played any of the other ones, but that game scarred my soul. The fog, those creepy children, I don't think I ever beat it. And I think I need to buy the KH collection from PSN. I really don't remember these flying sessions but you're the second person who's reminded me about them lol. I never beat Sephiroth either.

I know, dude 15. It was like 8 inches long, 3 inches wide, and it costs as much as a large pizza costs at the pizza shop around my house lol

• Oh yeah? Well, in this age of remakes, its bound to get one at some point. There is a bit of demand of it, it seems.
    What a weird ending that game had though.

And I think I need to buy the KH collection from PSN. I really don't remember these flying sessions but you're the second person who's reminded me about them lol.

I'm a tad surprised you didn't spring for any during the build up, since that seemed to be what a number of people were doing for obvious reasons.

I never beat Sephiroth either.

In 1 or 2?

Oh, bro, I would kill for a remake of Silent Hill 1. I never actually played any of the other ones, but that game scarred my soul. The fog,

• RE2
    The original is one of my favourites of all time

• I don't know why I remember the ending but not beating it lol. I was tempted to buy it, but with the holidays and TR, Spiderman, Red Dead, other stuff, last year was pretty back ended.

Oh yeah? Well, in this age of remakes, its bound to get one at some point. There is a bit of demand of it, it seems. What a weird ending th

• Ch'yeah.
    Probably just did like I and saw a Youtube playthrough.

I don't know why I remember the ending but not beating it lol. I was tempted to buy it, but with the holidays and TR, Spiderman, Red Dead, other stuff, last year was pretty back ended.

• I feel like I have outgrown video games. My main game was 'Guitar Hero', but now it is either 'Saints Row' or Telltale games when I am not at university. I could never fully get into 'Call of Duty' or games like that, for example. I feel like I am a semi-gamer, lol.

• I started an old 360 game last night after so many Gummi Ship sessions. So look forward to seeing a certain section get bumped.

• I finished Hotline miami 1 and 2,i love these games they're so fucked up,i might replay the second one at some point.

• Ugh, definitely not. I get too frustrated watching people play games when they don't do what they obviously should have done. I can literally only remember one time I never got frustrated watching someone else play a game, and that was my friend when he bought Shadow of the Colossus lol

Ch'yeah. Probably just did like I and saw a Youtube playthrough.

• The Monkey Island / Back To The Future mashup adventure game has been released. As it isn't being released from an official corporate source, I'm not willing to install it myself just yet, in case it's ransomware in disguise or something like that. If someone out there wants to try it in a virtual machine or a computer that doesn't matter that much or is just a natural risk taker, the installer's in a .zip file at:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XrY2XY90kFgQ6OEFgo_shmfH3PhpNDTp/view

Let me know if someone tries this and it works great and your computer doesn't explode!

• Well the commentaries and occasionally let's plays I watch are usually for the humor, discussions, and tangents, so I can't really take issue with it usually.

I can literally only remember one time I never got frustrated

watching someone else play a game, and that was my friend when he bought Shadow of the Colossus lol
    Oh yeah, now that was an experience. I still wish I could get the game myself, but as far as I know, it's still only Playstation exclusive.

Ugh, definitely not. I get too frustrated watching people play games when they don't do what they obviously should have done. I can literall

• I used to berate my sister when I had to let her play, years ago. I've always gotten frustrated watching people play a game they have no business playing lol.

Yea Shadow of the Colossus is only playstation, they rereleased it on PS4, kinda tempted to get it. We used to cut school at my friends house, Pedro started cutting with us and this one week was just him playing shadow and us watching, that ending was crazy

Well the commentaries and occasionally let's plays I watch are usually for the humor, discussions, and tangents, so I can't really take issu

• Oh, you're a passenger seat driver, eh? :lol:
    :

Yea Shadow of the Colossus is only playstation, they rereleased it on PS4, kinda tempted to get it. We used to cut school at my friends house, Pedro started cutting with us and this one week was just him playing shadow and us watching, that ending was crazy

Yeah, no kidding. Like, there was plenty of foreshadowing to that going down, but still, not how you'd expect a game like that to wrap up.

I used to berate my sister when I had to let her play, years ago. I've always gotten frustrated watching people play a game they have no bus

• Oh yea. But in my defense, if they would done this particular thing that woulda fucking unlocked lol. But man, Shadow of the Colossus. Yea, it was suspect as hell but you just want to think he's trying to save the girl he loves. Not what happens lol. Man. To this day I have not played it, but it is the only game I've watched someone else complete lol. It's going on my backlist.

Oh, you're a passenger seat driver, eh? : Yea Shadow of the Colossus is only playstation, they rereleased it on PS4, kinda tempted

• I've played Beyond Good and Evil recently. It's probably one of my favorite games now. It reminded me of an animated Disney movie like Atlantis or Treasure Planet. A big story with action, adventure, humor, and likable characters. It was also challenging at some parts too. It made you figure out puzzles and strategies without guidance. Most games nowadays have on-screen instructions all the time.

• I just purchased metro last light redux on steam, still installing. Cant wait to play metro exodus too.

• edited February 2019

Finally jumped back into Dying Light. Finished up the last few challenge side missions (That Psycho challenge is so so so infuriating.) Also maxed out the main 3 skill trees.

So, I have now finally started The Following expansion. So far, it's pretty cool.
    The main attraction -- the buggy -- is loads of fun. I love me some driving games, and while I am really not a fan of first-person driving (as I avoid that camera angle as much as I can) I'll have to adapt here. I'm doing pretty okay right now.

Just on the first buggy mission though (the one where you have to drive to a water valve quickly before it breaks) and it's exilerating, thrilling, and terrifying to speed down roads avoiding obstacles while tearing zombies apart
    Unfortunately my mission is taking place at night as I waited too long to start it, (meaning I have to avoid roaming, Virals in my basic un-upgraded buggy) but I can probably just let it fail over and over to wait it out until it becomes day again.

• Spending a lot of time lately playing My Time at Portia. It's a lot like Stardew Valley / Harvest Moon styled sandbox games, except focusing more on a machinist element than farm life. It's a great little time killer with a surprising amount of things to pass the time. At 29.99, it's a fun little indie title with nice art, and is still gaining updates to include more voice work and such.

If anyone's strapped for cash, and likes those sorts of games there's a fairly lengthy demo that's free to try on Steam that you could sink some time into. Guess there should be a decent warning that the demo doesn't always do the best job of walking you through everything, but it's not too hard to pick up.

• You were absolutely right about Divinity 2. I've been playing it non-stop and I'm loving every minute of it.
    It did give me a horrible case of restartitis though. Right now I'm playing as a custom undead elf. Hopefully I won't get the urge to try a different character again for a while.

Divinity Original Sin 2 Awesome,this is probably the best RPG i've ever played but you really need a lot of free time,i put hundreds

• I'm glad you're enjoying it,and yeah i'm playing as Sebille right now and Lohse's such an interesting character that i almost wanted to restart the game and play as her.
    I might do it after i finish the game first i'm not sure.

Onmens posted: »

You were absolutely right about Divinity 2. I've been playing it non-stop and I'm loving every minute of it. It did give me a horrible case

• Yeah, Lohse is probably my favorite of the origin characters. So far anyway, I haven't made it much farther than Driftwood on a playthrough yet before restarting.
    I'm already thinking about starting a Lohse/Sebille lone wolf playthrough, but I must resist the urge. :)

I'm glad you're enjoying it,and yeah i'm playing as Sebille right now and Lohse's such an interesting character that i almost wanted to restart the game and play as her. I might do it after i finish the game first i'm not sure.

• I finally gave in and bought Assassin's Creed Odyssey. I really enjoyed Origins and people were saying that this one's even better, so it should be right up my alley. ?

• I just finished Tomb Raider from 2013. I never played a Tomb Raider game before till now. It was really good. The action, graphics, and story was all great. It reminded me of an Uncharted game. It was on sale at Steam for like $2.99, which was cool too. Whenever it goes on sale again, I recommend playing it.

• edited March 2019

I recently bought Tomodachi Life for the 3DS. (If you don't know, it's like a mix of the item-giving, problem-solving of Animal Crossing, with the omnipotence and customisation of The Sims, with Miis as the NPCs.) Been slowly looking up real and fictional characters to populate the island and making some for codes I can't find.

I've put Clem in there. I'll add Lee and Kenny too very soon.

• Bought GTA V just because i saw so many streamers stream it on twitch so i liked it.

• Just finished Max Payne 3 the other night. Whenever I have time and manage to get all the mods I want working, I'm going to play through the Mass Effect trilogy one last time.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.