Did Anyone Else Hate Lex Luthor's Character in BVS?

2»

Comments

• In the movie he wasn't even lex, he was lex luthor jr. So that comic lex isn't even the character he was portraying. Just because he wasn't your stereotypical Lex Luthor, doesn't mean he didn't play a good villain.

• Yeah just read about that actually. I still don't understand what happened to real Lex and why the film doesn't delve into him. The movie doesn't follow the Earth 3 plotline though

Alex_L_P posted: »

In the movie he wasn't even lex, he was lex luthor jr. So that comic lex isn't even the character he was portraying. Just because he wasn't your stereotypical Lex Luthor, doesn't mean he didn't play a good villain.

• edited June 2016

We have to wait for Justice League to find out, his character is confirmed, right now i discovered something in the BvS extended cut, lex luthor was sent to arkham asylum after Batman visits him in prison, maybe he will have a cameo in Suicide Squad?

Clemenem posted: »

Yeah just read about that actually. I still don't understand what happened to real Lex and why the film doesn't delve into him. The movie doesn't follow the Earth 3 plotline though

• In the movie he wasn't even lex, he was lex luthor jr. So that comic lex isn't even the character he was portraying.

Let's see

• -Main foil to superman

• Owner of LexCorp

• scientific "genius"

• loses his hair.

• father most likely not to be seen considering he's said to be dead

Seriously, the addition of "Jr" means jack. That's like me making a film about Spider-Man and naming the green goblin Norman Osbourne Jr, son of Norman Osbourne Sr (who never appears in the film and is only mentioned) and has the exact same role as the regular Norman, from the murder of gwen stacy, to having a son named Harry. Now, if they change it down the line and his father is the real lex later then so be it. But for now, until the DCEU makes it a thing (or if) Jesse Eisenberg's role is THE Lex Luthor of the DCEU

Alex_L_P posted: »

In the movie he wasn't even lex, he was lex luthor jr. So that comic lex isn't even the character he was portraying. Just because he wasn't your stereotypical Lex Luthor, doesn't mean he didn't play a good villain.

• edited June 2016

I liked him. He is a younger version of the character, so he is more excentric. He is psychotic, he is a genius, he only cares for his own personal interests, so yes, he is a fair Lex. People think that he is volatile due to how he acts, well, make no mistake, that guy has everything planned. What people do not like about him, is that he does not have that calm surface, he is not that arrogant, that solid man, but the truth is that, these are not fair points for hating this new Lex, this only show how much we love the Lex that we already know and expect. I missed that too when I was watching, but the boy is only getting started. Also, if we had that serious Lex on the movie then we would never have seen this twisted and cool version of the character, I believe that he will become that Lex soon enough. Now he is only waiting for Darkseid.

• I thought the character was written inconsistently. Oddly enough, as many problems as Smallville had its protrayal of Lex was the best in my book. Michael Rosenbaum did a great job as Lex on that show.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.