The Legend of Trigglypuff. Feminism and censorship

edited April 2016 in General Chat

I just find all this fascinating

enter link description here

Speechless

Exactly this response was because they were all SJW were screaming trying to stop this whole show like the video above this before he spoke

Full video

This one of the best videos I ever seen it's golden from start to finish I don't usually watch videos this long but found myself wishing it was longer when finished covered all topics and gave great points while the butthurt screams came from sections of the crowd it was unreal perfection.

I know all the speakers to so kind of like for me watching the avengers of feminism debate join forces to rekt was amazing

I'm Irish so I found fascinating seeing the crowd response in America to opposing opinions that SJW are actually in the vast minority yet screams the loudest at everything they don't want to hear.

They didn't even speak before RACISM, HATE SPEECH all these buzz words were used

When christina spoke of last time she did a speech at a campus she triggered lots of student into a safe space and triggered a DOG I was really confused as to why people are so sensitive to opposing opinions

Is college an adult kindergarten where shut our ears and screams against everything that is not our opinion before they even state it just seems so insane to me

Anywhere post a longer comment on this thread later about this

What is you're opinion on the video and the topics covered and the response of the crowd?

Comments

• Oh my god Mark you're back, I am so glad.

• edited September 2020

• (whispers) Maaarrrkkkk.....

• edited April 2016

Worth noting that triggering does exist. Some people misuse it to try to avoid issues, true. But in our current society, with the current dialogue as it is, if anyone other than a grizzled war veteran says that they're triggered they're routinely mocked.

That isn't right.

Also complaining about something isn't censorship. Censorship is necessarily systemic. If it isn't systemic it isn't censorship.

Also most experience I've had of those making fun of SJWs, saying that they're treating opinions they disagree with agressively and refusing to listen to anyone else....themselves treat feminism aggressively and refuse to engage with any of the arguments.

People getting angry and refusing to listen to all sides of an argument is something many people do. Something many feminists do, something many anti-feminists do. Not just progressives.

Only attacking those doing it on the side you disagree with is childish,and exactly what you purportedly oppose. Just think about it a bit before concluding that this is a problem of SJWs, not humanity.

• BigBlindMaxBigBlindMax Banned
    edited April 2016

Agree.

The 'alt-right' are every bit as obnoxious as the worst of the left. Fuck em'.

Flog61 posted: »

Worth noting that triggering does exist. Some people misuse it to try to avoid issues, true. But in our current society, with the current di

• Leluch123Leluch123 Banned
    edited April 2016

HAHAHAHA that one from the first vid is epic hahaha! Seriously what the hell XD

edit: She reminds me of animated character from some disney movie but I can't remember which...

• XD I had same reaction

She reminds me of animated character from some disney movie but I can't remember which..

enter image description here

Leluch123 posted: »

HAHAHAHA that one from the first vid is epic hahaha! Seriously what the hell XD edit: She reminds me of animated character from some disney movie but I can't remember which...

• Thank you and Spot on as usual Dex

DillonDex posted: »

• Thank you great see you to bro :)

Oh my god Mark you're back, I am so glad.

• wat

(whispers) Maaarrrkkkk.....

• Fair enough :)

Flog61 posted: »

Worth noting that triggering does exist. Some people misuse it to try to avoid issues, true. But in our current society, with the current di

• enter image description here

But seriously, it is great to have you back. :)

Markd4547 posted: »

Thank you and Spot on as usual Dex

edited April 2016

Once upon a time, being a university / college student was synonymous with being intelligent. Sadly, that time has passed, I think, with those specific people being the reason why.

On the other hand, there was also a time when universities paid for actual scholars to speak at their schools instead of glorified tabloid writers and the like. The dumbing down of higher education is a two way street.

edited April 2016

I don't like any of these people. The "social justice" debate is where nuance goes to die.

• edited September 2020

BigBlindMax posted: »

Once upon a time, being a university / college student was synonymous with being intelligent. Sadly, that time has passed, I think, with tho

• ʷᵉᶫᶜᵒᵐᵉ ᵇᵃᶜᵏ

wat

• Yes the first one! that was one I was thinking about! But the last one, fogot her name too...XD

XD I had same reaction She reminds me of animated character from some disney movie but I can't remember which..

• Gary-OakGary-Oak Banned
    edited April 2016

I thought Jabba the hutt died in Star Wars episode 6...

• enter image description here

Thank ya :)

ʷᵉᶫᶜᵒᵐᵉ ᵇᵃᶜᵏ

• It's his daughter Fatta the Hutt

Gary-Oak posted: »

I thought Jabba the hutt died in Star Wars episode 6...

• MUH FREE SPEECH

edited May 2016

And see, I'm inclined to (grudgingly) come down on the side of the students here because if someone wasted my tuition money to have Milo & Friends speak at my school, I'd be pretty furious. The man gets paid an astounding amount to be a shitty journalist and right-wing court jester. Not that familiar with the others, but it seems like a case of "wingnut welfare" to me.

As far as university itself goes, I think the biggest problem is a lack of perspective and scale. In an isolated "college town" far from the ghetto or trailer park, small indignities become big injustices. Meanwhile, actual big injustices sometimes become distant and intangible. The "chalkening" is a good example. Instead of addressing Trump as a systemic (macro) problem, college students reduced it to the micro level and caused a fiasco over a chalk message. This loss of perspective is responsible for the embarrassing hooplah in those videos IMO. No-platforming and such is strategically sound when Neo-Nazis try to rally in your town, but here it's kind of silly.

My old college never had that much drama despite being fairly large. I think it's partially because we were close to the city and there was a glut of service-learning opportunities. Given the right situation and attitude, I think it's certainly possible to fight for social justice and still be a tolerable person. I have a harder time seeing that in the alt-right trolls who are paid to antagonize them.

• edited September 2020

And see, I'm inclined to (grudgingly) come down on the side of the students here because if someone wasted my tuition money to have Milo &am

• FREE SPEECH

GET THIS HATE SPEECH OUTTA MY THREAD

MUH FREE SPEECH

• Her arms just caused an earthquake in Japan.

FREE SPEECH GET THIS HATE SPEECH OUTTA MY THREAD GET THIS HATE SPEECH OUTTA MY THREAD GET THIS HATE SPEECH OUTTA MY THREAD

• Any more pressure and Fatta is gonna explode

FREE SPEECH GET THIS HATE SPEECH OUTTA MY THREAD GET THIS HATE SPEECH OUTTA MY THREAD GET THIS HATE SPEECH OUTTA MY THREAD

• Sorry, as horrible the overweight lady you put up there, Milo is an asshole. Even when he has a point, he's too busy saying 'feminists have blue armpit hair!' The more I head of Crowder, which is not too much, admittledly, he sounds like an ass too. Sommers, I don't like her followers, and I don't necessarily agree with her, but at least she comes from positions that are more than 'oh, you sjw, gender studies professor said it~ Whammy!!!" Let's not trade one bullshit for another.

• I'm not the biggest Milo fan, but figured I would give this insight.

Okay, so just two things that I would like to add to this discussion stemming from me being the President of a mid-size club that would invite people. Any club sanction by the University are allowed to invite whomever they want, with a few caveats. It is up to the group to provide everything in most cases. During my two years as Club President we had 17 speakers visit our campus that came to make a speech, have a discussion, and/or have a Q/A session. Our Club's policy was to never pay a speaker, but we would pay their lodging and travel within reason. Only 2 of our speakers, also the two most famous, request that travel and lodging be provided.

If Milo's twitter is to be believed he does not accept money from his speeches. Tweet #1. and Tweet #2.

Take this as you will. Anita Sarkeesian, another college speaker but on the opposite side, has a fee of $20,000 but I knew a Club President at a different school and she invited her. She dropped her rate down to $7,500 plus travel and lodging. Normally when speakers have this high fee it is to negotiate, but sometimes a Club has enough money to make the first offer what they want. Their Club had a lot of fundraisers and other events to try and raise funds. After she visited they ended up putting a bylaw in stating speakers were not allowed to be paid anymore. Supposedly she only spoke for 45 minutes after being paid for 2 hours. She also didn't hang around afterwards nor do a QA.

So really, any club can invite any speakers. Regardless how you feel about the speaker you should always encourage people to speak. It is a great and wonderful experience regardless of what side you are on. I personally think that neither speaker in my examples should be discouraged from coming and I think it is the students fault for creating the drama. If you don't want to listen to Anita or Milo than just don't go. These events are all optional and they do more good than harm. Also remember these speakers are not going to change anyone's minds if they are made up. The speakers that do an honest Q&A are usually the best since they would defend their position.

And see, I'm inclined to (grudgingly) come down on the side of the students here because if someone wasted my tuition money to have Milo &am

edited May 2016

This video is only partially related but I think it's worth sharing here. I was expecting 'Philosophy of South Park" but be crap, but goddamn it Wisecrack pulled it off!

It's a really great critique of PC culture and explains how it ties into neoliberalism when concepts like diversity and oppression are devalued and turned into a trendy products. Really entertaining video in general, I'd recommend it to people on both sides of the issue.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=MG7y8J0DXhU

edited May 2016

"The proletarians have nothing to lose but their chains, they have the world to win! Workers of the world, unite!"

They're kinda quote mining Karl, but I see no real danger here (sadly). You have to remember that American colleges had huge Maoist and Anarchist collectives in the 60's and regular strike/protest action, to the point that authorities started getting worried about the prospect of insurrection. Things are actually much more tame now than they were for a good chunk of the 20th century.

• I beg thee o'lord to never see that thing naked.

• Is that a fuckin cult or a college. This country is dying.

• Its funny because they're fat

• I actually dislike this meme. One person overreacts and gets publicly shamed for it in the internet to the point that it becomes a meme.

Unless she gave a permission I find it really bad taste.

• This is what happens when you try to crash an event people are trying to attend. Go protest outside if you don't want backlash.

Clord posted: »

I actually dislike this meme. One person overreacts and gets publicly shamed for it in the internet to the point that it becomes a meme. Unless she gave a permission I find it really bad taste.

• Why are so many people making fun of IDK Some Woman Up There for her appearance?

She can talk shit but her looks are something different, ok.

• But it's extremely unlikely that it would have become one if it wasn't being a jackass.

• edited May 2016

Why are so many people making fun of IDK Some Woman Up There for her appearance?

People are making fun of her because she has committed actions that warrant making fun of her. If you don't want people to ridicule you, don't act like a jackass. No one on the internet would know of her existence if she hadn't been.

MarijaaNo7 posted: »

Why are so many people making fun of IDK Some Woman Up There for her appearance? She can talk shit but her looks are something different, ok.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.