What's your favorite quote in the Nolan trilogy?

These are mine:

• "SWEAR TO ME!!!" - Batman to Flass
  • "I won't kill you. But I don't have to save you." - Batman to Ra's al Ghul
  • "Why so serious?" - Joker to Gambol and his men
  • "Search him. Then I will kill you." - Bane to one of his men
  • "I believe whatever dosen't kill you simply makes you...stranger." - Joker to the bank manager
  • "The world is cruel. And the only morality in a cruel world...is chance. Unbuyest. Unprejudiced. Fair." - Two-Face to Batman and Gordon
  • "You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Batman to Gordon
  • "Follow him." shoots one of his men - Bane
  • "Come now, doctor. Now's not the time for fear. That comes later." - Bane to Dr. Pavel
  • "Why do we fall, Master Wayne? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." - Alfred to Bruce
  • "Very poor choice of words." drops Rachel out of a 15-story window - Joker to Batman
  • "Let the games begin." blows up a quarter of Gotham - Bane
  • "No one cared who I was til I put on the mask." - Bane to the FBI agent
  • "You have nothing. Nothing to threaten me with. Nothing to do with all your strength." - Joker to Batman
  • "I'm necessary evil." - Bane before killing Daggett
  • "Do you want my opinion? Ya need to lighten up." - Scarecrow to Batman
  • "Do you feel in charge?" - Bane to Daggett
  • "It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me." - Batman to Rachel

Comments

• "Some men just want to watch the world burn."- Alfred, The Dark Knight

• edited May 2016

Batman: "It's not who I am underneath...but what I do that defines me".

Alfred: "You see only one end to your journey. Leaving is all I have to make you understand, you're not Batman anymore. You have to find another way. You used to talk about finishing a life beyond that awful cape".

Bruce Wayne: "People need dramatic examples to shake them out of apathy and I can't do that as Bruce Wayne. As a man, I'm flesh and blood, I can be ignored, I can be destroyed; but as a symbol... as a symbol I can be incorruptible, I can be everlasting".

Joker: "I'm not a monster, I'm just ahead of the curve".

• edited May 2016

Every word that comes out of Heath Ledger's mouth as the Joker. Too many to list.

Batman and Harvey Dent- 'You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain'.

Thomas Wayne- 'Why do we fall?'

Alfred- 'I failed you Master Wayne'.

Gordon- '(Why is he running daddy?) Because we have to chase him. (But he didn't do anything wrong) Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector, a dark knight'.

Two-Face- 'Unbiased. Unprejudiced. Fair'

Bane- 'No one cared who I was until I put on the mask'.

Alfred- 'Some men just want to watch the world burn'.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.