What's to come in Season Two.

The Game of Thrones: A Telltale Game Series is set within the Game of Thrones television series universe (which is, in turn, based on George RR Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire book series).

The first season of the game predominantly takes place across the fourth season of the television series. With this in mind it is likely that season two will take place across the duration of the fifth season of television show. During the game POV characters often interact with important characters and events from the TV series, so what is in store for season two based on season five of the TV series?

Here's a quick round up of some of the major events from season five of Game of Thrones:

• Sansa Stark and Theon Greyjoy suffer Ramsay Bolton in Winterfell

• Stannis marches south from the Wall take Winterfell from Ramsay Bolton, he burns his daughter alive to serve the Lord of Light and his army breaks

• The High Sparrow's rise begins in King's Landing with Cersei's walk of shame and imprisonment

• Arya's Facelessman training

• Massacre at Hardhome

• Ironmen raiding

• Bran with the three-eyed raven

• Daenerys in Meereen

The game series exists independently from the main plotline, but there has been some interact towards certain plot points from the TV series in the video game such as Mira Forrester's attendance at the Purple Wedding and Asher Forrester's role in the Siege of Meereen.

Here are some points from the television series which could be included in season 2-

• Stannis Baratheon's march towards Winterfell: Sybelle Glover is said to have provided scouts to Stannis Baratheon from House Forrester in A Dance With Dragons (book). Could this be foreshadowing House Forrester's role in Stannis Baratheon's march towards Winterfell? This could come with significant consequences. Perhaps the Forrester's may be forced to provide Ramsay Bolton with a hostage to ensure their future loyalty to the Bolton's? (This would provide the perfect pretext for interaction with Sansa and Theon, and the events to come in Winterfell in season 6).

• Ironmen raiding Ironrath: The ironmen were left out of season 5, but from season 6 we know they've retaken Deepwood Motte, the stronghold of House Glover who are the liege lords of House Forrester. Ironrath is located slightly further in-land from Deepwood Motte to the south-east straddled between Winterfell and the Motte. This could add an interesting new dynamic to the Forrester plotline. The issue is that this would bring in more voice actors for, potentially, little effect.

• Bran with the three-eyed raven: I think Gared's path will cross with Bran...

I'm sure I've missed some obvious points, any further suggestions and comments would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• First of all, the Second Season of the game can be taking place in both Season 5 AND 6 of the TV Show, with that as uncertain, we can not really guess much but, I agree with you that some major events from Season 5 of the TV Show can not be ignored. That said, I am guessing we may see Gared interacting with the Three-Eyed Raven (or with Benjen, at least, maybe a random Ancient Child? You know what a mean, a true representant of the war that is already going on North Of The Wall) but not Bran, it would be unrealistic for us to meet with him, since Bran's journey has a select number of characters that can appear. It is very interesting of you to mention the Ironmen plot, this is intriguing and can be explored in many ways, of course it can also simply be left aside, but still intriguing. I think it is secure to assume that we will actually play that line from the Book where the Forresters are with Stannis, although that can be developed in so many ways, so is really hard to guess who will be with Stannis. All in all, we will have to wait and see, after all, we need to know how TTG will be dealing with our "different" endings.

• Great thread. Personally I hope we get more of a self contained story in the next season. Having antagonists like the Boltons who you know you can't do anything against is a bit of a downer. I know it's GoT and things are supposed to be harsh, but it's nice to not feel completely helpless.

• I think and hope S2 will be more focused on The Forrester VS Whitehill war.

• Is running into Walder Frey at some point a remote possibility?

• Walder Frey's dead.

...so probably not.

Is running into Walder Frey at some point a remote possibility?

• I know people would most likely be against it but I hope no major characters show up this time and it's not at all about plor armour.
    The interactions with them almost never felt organic to me. Especially Mira scenes as i still don't know why she was there in the first place, serving a house so far away and out of Forresters' league. It's said in the game that when she started serving Margeary she wasn't even going to be queen so why would Mira be sent away to Reach instead of their liege lord's keep. And Cercei sending her of all people to see Tyrion because apparently they made a trade deal so they must be close friends. Then there is Jon taking an interest in Gared and trying to save him from execution for some unknown reason. It goes on. I hope they adress big events but don't toss important characters around so much that it stops making sense.

• While I can agree with what you said about Mira, I think in Gared's case with Jon, it is simply because he reminds him when he first joined the Night's Watch and that Gared was at the Red Wedding where his brother Robb died. Since there is a connection there, it is easy to assume that Gared and Jon managed to build a friendship from there. And any friend at the Wall is worth gold considering how difficult and tough living as a brother of the Night's Watch.

Deytush posted: »

I know people would most likely be against it but I hope no major characters show up this time and it's not at all about plor armour. The

• I still believe he likes him mostly because he is a protagonist, I must admit that what you say makes sense. Gared being present at the RW and suffering for it could make Jon view him in a different manner.

While I can agree with what you said about Mira, I think in Gared's case with Jon, it is simply because he reminds him when he first joined

• edited July 2016

My bold predictions:
    -Asher/Rodrik- I think that they'll probably try to gain support from Mannis, but because Stephen Dilliane is no longer involved in the series, Davos will represent The Rightful King™. So, essentially a simmiliar plot to Asher's from S1.

-Gared- I don't think he'll meet Bran. Probably most of his story this season will be spend on travelling to the Wall and fighting with wildlings, wights and possibly Others.

-Beskha/Ryon- I think that most of their scenes will be about making Ryon a warrior. Beskha was a Child Gladiator™ so she will probably see her younger self in Ryon.

-Malcolm/ New character in Essos- I think that Sons of the Harpy will play a significant part in this plot. In the show they were mostly a plot device so I think that TTG will want to show more of them.

-Mira/ New character in KL- Obviously Faith Millitia will be important but other than that I have no idea what could happen.

-A Whitehill PoV- Just like the books and the show started to treat Lannisters as protagonists rather as antogonists since second book/season, Whitehills will probably be shown from their point of view. Tywin and Jaime are now beloved by most of the fandom so maybe the same will happen to Ludd and his family?

PS: I'm aware that my english sucks Walder Frey's ass so no need in telling me about that :D

• edited July 2016

Nice point about Beskha used to be a child gladiator. That fact never crossed my mind. I think that will make it easier for Beskha to teach Ryon some necessary survival stuff.

About the Whitehill POV. While I am open to the idea, I just think it will be difficult because there is a great difference between watching and playing the character. If a Whitehill POV happens, I just fear that I can't help but intentionally sabotage them. Also you can't expect me to both play as and be against the Forresters.

My bold predictions: -Asher/Rodrik- I think that they'll probably try to gain support from Mannis, but because Stephen Dilliane is no long

• It's possible that season two will gloss over certain events from season six, but there are some short-falls in this argument:

1) If the game is currently being developed it is less likely that events from season six will make the final cut. Season six was released during the game's development, so for events from season six to be included in the game there would need to be changes initiated during the game's development which would prolong the game's development and potentially cost more money.

2) Telltale is a business. It is more logical to develop the game series in line with the television series as this will allow for more sequels of the game to be released (as if season two of the video game takes place across the fifth and sixth seasons of the television series then it would be more difficult for Telltale to justify producing four seasons of the game over three).

3) It could prove impractical: so much has happened in the television series throughout season five and six - if two games covers the events from each respective season this could allow for events from the TV series to be better represented in the game whilst simultaneously respecting the video game's independent plotline. If the developers attempt to overload us with TV events the game could just become a rerun of the television series with no independent plot.

Chusets posted: »

First of all, the Second Season of the game can be taking place in both Season 5 AND 6 of the TV Show, with that as uncertain, we can not re

• If season 2 takes place prior to Walder Frey's murder, I don't see why he can't make an appearance. It didn't stop Ramsay Snow.

• Well, it could happen.

But chances are almost low.

• I agree: I think the right balance needs to be struck. George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire series is about no character ever being truly safe from death, which is undermined by constant interaction and conflict with major characters from the TV series in the Season 1 in my opinion. I think the game should have its own independent cast with some interaction with characters from the main series to appease fans, but in saying that I believe that this interaction should be limited, and should not have any significant impact on the main storyline of the video game. Giving important antagonists/protagonists plot armour does not make an intriguing story in my opinion (but don't get me wrong, I love TT:GoT!)

Great thread. Personally I hope we get more of a self contained story in the next season. Having antagonists like the Boltons who you know y

• I think Mira and Tom's stories will be resolved relatively soon: sustaining Mira/Tom's stories means lots more dialogue which will not be accessible for all players - it's too difficult to implement. Players would need to be presented with different dialogue, characters and situations dependent on that one decision, which I believe would be too much branching/work for the telltale development team to sustain.

I think the Asher/Rodrik dynamic will play out for longer, but this too will be resolved as the story progresses.

My bold predictions: -Asher/Rodrik- I think that they'll probably try to gain support from Mannis, but because Stephen Dilliane is no long

• A Whitehill POV is a fantastic idea in my opinion. I would like to see the following characters as POVs:

• Beskha (or possibly Ryon)

• Gared Tuttle

• Gwyn Whitehill

• Malcolm Branfield

• Talia Forrester

Nice point about Beskha used to be a child gladiator. That fact never crossed my mind. I think that will make it easier for Beskha to teach

• I don't think we'll be playing as Gwyn. It's more likely that Torrhen Whitehill will be playable since he doesn't have established personality. It would be interesting if he would return to Highpoint at the beginning of S2 and we could confront Ludd/Gryff about what he did to Forresters. Just llike Tyrion despite being Lannister he felt sorry for Starks. Or at least for Sansa. This could lead to interesting choices where You as the player root for both Forresters and Torrhen and Gwyn. Dave has a point about sabotaging Whithehills but if this would be executed correctly this could be a fantastic change in the story.

A Whitehill POV is a fantastic idea in my opinion. I would like to see the following characters as POVs: * Beskha (or possibly Ryon) * Gared Tuttle * Gwyn Whitehill * Malcolm Branfield * Talia Forrester

• Fascinating, but I never said that it WILL take place in both Seasons, I said that the time period is still UNCERTAIN, I hope they do not, but TTG could even make a skip. When I talked about Season 6 I did not mean ALL of it, for instance, when we play Season One of the Game we still have some of Season 3 and then the game goes on with Season 4, so I know that it is very unlikely for them to completely use Season 6. As you, I am guessing that the focus will be on Season 5, but I still think that we will see some of Season 6, its beginning at least, I do not know, I am just guessing here. My main point though, is that our speculation gets to be misleading once we do not know the time period. Again, I never argued that it will take place in both Seasons for sure, I said that we can not be sure, which indeed we can not.

It's possible that season two will gloss over certain events from season six, but there are some short-falls in this argument: 1) If the

• Nothing for me will be shown from Ludd's point of view, as I took that bastard's head.

• It's not really possible to "intentionally sabotage" your side in this though...I mean you could pick the choices you consider to be "worst," but the game will pull you to the same basic conclusion either way as we've seen with the Forresters. And you could let your Whitehill die in all the QTEs but it wouldn't progress the story cos it would just make you start again til you get it right.

Nice point about Beskha used to be a child gladiator. That fact never crossed my mind. I think that will make it easier for Beskha to teach

• edited July 2016

Well if Malcolm is a POV then he will likely have to deal with Sons of the Harpy and the Queen's disappearance. But the fact that Daenaerys is now sailing to Westeros makes me glad that we have a Forrester serving her.

• I'm not sure whether I approve of the next season of the game taking place within part/all of season six beyond the very beginning of the season, but true - nothing is certain.

Chusets posted: »

Fascinating, but I never said that it WILL take place in both Seasons, I said that the time period is still UNCERTAIN, I hope they do not, b

• Agreed. I prefer that it takes place in Season 5, and the very beginning of Season 6, and only that.

I'm not sure whether I approve of the next season of the game taking place within part/all of season six beyond the very beginning of the season, but true - nothing is certain.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.