This is not Batman

2»

Comments

• Pretty much my thoughts...

This is Batman, this is a new Batman story. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it isn't Batman.

• edited August 2016

In all honesty, I'm glad we're seeing something new for the Batman franchise rather than everything being rehashed.

• Welp, the fuck did you expect from a telltale game?

• Yea, I totally expected this to just be a re-hash of old material!

/end sarcasm

Seriously, though, EVEN IF this story was based on something really in the comics or any other material, they'd have to alter the story sooner or later SIMPLY because of their choices bit. Every time they make a new game, they do USUALLY expand on an existing universe where that story can and does exist in the world as the source material and even co-exists to some varying level. BUT, given the fact that Batman does have such a large storyline, they are going to have to adopt a different approach simply because of the way their games are designed. Regardless of any personal ideas on what Batman should be as a story, it wouldn't really be a TellTale Game if they didn't give a variety of possibilities.

• I think it's too early to go on a rant. Especially, since the first episode was quite solid. If you come at this game with expectations of getting more of the same, then you're bound to be disappointed. I'm curious to see where they're going from here.

TTG presented an okay adaption of Batman. Sure, some things are also a bit weird to me. Especially Cobblepot, who seems to be ?Anarchy?. But I try to see it as something new and interesting.

Original Poster, I don't get your problem. Try to enjoy it for what it is. And it IS a batman. They say his name several times. Be happy that he's no vampire, zombie, criminal or old man.

• Meaning you agree with me? Or with OP?

Pretty much my thoughts...

• With you.

Meaning you agree with me? Or with OP?

• Gotcha. Personally, I'm enjoying this story.

With you.

• edited August 2016

i like this version of oswald cobblepot, i know he doesnt look like in the comics but is very good! i have no problem with him

• criticism is not allowed on here, these fanboys will kill you, you should know that by now.

i like the game, but still. give the guy a fucking break.

• Well just stated how they felt and besides dudes likely a troll since he never responded again as far as i'm aware.

criticism is not allowed on here, these fanboys will kill you, you should know that by now. i like the game, but still. give the guy a fucking break.

• if he is just a troll, give him credit.

dude wrote a friggin essay. most trolls would just say, "TTG SUCKS AND THIS GAME SUCKS AND CLEM SUCKS," lol.

zeke10 posted: »

Well just stated how they felt and besides dudes likely a troll since he never responded again as far as i'm aware.

• True but he loses points for bailing.lol

if he is just a troll, give him credit. dude wrote a friggin essay. most trolls would just say, "TTG SUCKS AND THIS GAME SUCKS AND CLEM SUCKS," lol.

• yeah, imo, he should've came back with a counter argument. have a good day, though, man.

zeke10 posted: »

True but he loses points for bailing.lol

• edited August 2016

Dude... he was running for mayor in the bloody original 1989 movie xD

this is NOT the first time they have put dent as running for mayor, its happened in the comics, its happened in the movie, now its happened in a game, i truly do not see your point at all, i've been heavily into batman since the 80s and i'm also not usually a fan of telltales gamestyle, but this game was great, and I am also usually against drastic changes, like in nolans batman universe, it treats all the characters like a joke, including the joker, we where just lucky ledger created an interesting badguy to keep it going (who was in no way the true crown prince of crime we all knew) but this game does everything spot on, i suggest you get back to reading the original earlier comics of batman aswell as rewatching all the content that has come out over the years, because you are lacking some of the most basic knowledge that even none comic fans usually know about.

• He must be trolling, dent was running for city mayor... or infact WAS city mayor in the original 1989 tim burton movie, dont remember anyone crying about it xD

I have a feeling you're just trolling.

• Likewise

yeah, imo, he should've came back with a counter argument. have a good day, though, man.

• There are 52 versions of Batman in the DC multiverse so I think this 53rd is just fine.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.