Chose a 'peaceful approach', but was getting flak from Alfred for it?

When confronted with the decision to just intimidate the merc and also not break his arm at the meetup point, I was then afterward was faced with Alfred telling me how I nearly beat the man to death... Like my choice wasn't registered? Is anyone else having this issue?

Comments

• Yup, same. Hopefully making enough noise will bring this Telltale's attention. It ruins the whole "choices tailoring to your playstyle" thing if something like this exists. I hope it's just a glitch kinda like what happened in GOT a while back. It felt like it was at first since Alfred started scolding me before the scene transitioned to the bat cave and it stuttered a bit. Twas very strange and ruined the immersion.

• Knowing Telltale, soonest they might fix it would be when the next episode releases. That is if they fix it at all.

DoubleJump posted: »

Yup, same. Hopefully making enough noise will bring this Telltale's attention. It ruins the whole "choices tailoring to your playstyle" thin

• Hopefully they will fix it. It's like TWD one as well, when you can spill your guts to Hershal but he still thinks your lying and last time I check it's still not been fixed? So I might not get my hopes up. :<

DoubleJump posted: »

Yup, same. Hopefully making enough noise will bring this Telltale's attention. It ruins the whole "choices tailoring to your playstyle" thin

• Wait, so it's a bug? I thought it was just a mess up.

Pipas posted: »

Knowing Telltale, soonest they might fix it would be when the next episode releases. That is if they fix it at all.

• I think so? I done everything to avoided violence, never hit the merc or break his arm and spoke to Gordon about the whole situation and was friendly. So, not sure what else I could do to improve.

AgentZ46 posted: »

Wait, so it's a bug? I thought it was just a mess up.

• Yeah, I just assumed it was a hiccup on Telltale's part and a different version wasn't made. But maybe it was a bug.

I think so? I done everything to avoided violence, never hit the merc or break his arm and spoke to Gordon about the whole situation and was friendly. So, not sure what else I could do to improve.

• I think the choice registered, Alfred says something else if you broke his arm I believe.

• It definitely registered. The choice summary at the end of the episode said I didn't hurt the merc. Still dosn't help that it didn't flow into the story immidiatly after I made the choice. Alfred said I almost killed him, which is far from the truth.

dojo32161 posted: »

I think the choice registered, Alfred says something else if you broke his arm I believe.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

It's like TWD one as well, when you can spill your guts to Hershal but he still thinks your lying and last time I check it's still not been fixed?

Actually, if you're honest to him, he doesn't call you a liar. His lines sort of make it sound like it, but he has a very specific line he says only if you lied to him. He always gives you the warning about trusting strangers and being honest with people, which probably tricked you. I lied to him on my very first playthrough, and when I tried doing an alternate playthrough where I was honest, his dialogue there tricked me for a second.

A better example is a line from Kenny in episode 3. If you sided with Kenny on everything, and didn't shoot the girl at the beginning of episode 3, Kenny will say "It's the first smart thing he's done in a while..." when he tells Lilly about it. Obviously, that line's meant for a playthrough where you haven't really sided with Kenny, so it sounds a bit awkward otherwise.

Hopefully they will fix it. It's like TWD one as well, when you can spill your guts to Hershal but he still thinks your lying and last time I check it's still not been fixed? So I might not get my hopes up. :<

• Sorry, I didn't word that correctly, I'll be more clear. The choice registers but the dialogue with Alfred does not.

dojo32161 posted: »

I think the choice registered, Alfred says something else if you broke his arm I believe.

• I have already contacted Telltale earlier yesterday, and they told me they are aware of the glitch and they are working it out. As well as the possible Vicki Vale Quote glitch where in her codex it will say you told her no even if you did give her a quote. They also told me that they would the growing desire for the rewind function to the developers as well.

• That's great news hopefully they'll fix it because I ran into both those glitches and miss the rewind function so much. Did anyone else have an issue backing out of the credits and not being able to return to the main menu without restarting the game.

J_Shepard posted: »

I have already contacted Telltale earlier yesterday, and they told me they are aware of the glitch and they are working it out. As well as t

• Alfred is getting old, mistaking a nice and painless slam against the wall as lethal. ;)

• See, that's why you play like a asshole like me.

But hopefully they fix the bug. Really bad to have a lot of bugs in the first episode.

• I had that in my game as well, really confused the hell out of me. Felt like another Arvo situation where I didn't rob him, and then he claims I robbed him. Alfred = Arvo confirmed.

• Hits him with bar and breaks arm

Alfred: I must say Master Bruce, I am quite amazing that you handled that matter quite civilly!

RhysAndLee posted: »

See, that's why you play like a asshole like me. But hopefully they fix the bug. Really bad to have a lot of bugs in the first episode.

• edited August 2016

I feel like the only one that thinks Arvo's actions are justified if you rob him, at least up until the point where he shoots you.

I had that in my game as well, really confused the hell out of me. Felt like another Arvo situation where I didn't rob him, and then he claims I robbed him. Alfred = Arvo confirmed.

• That'd be fucking amazing.

Poogers555 posted: »

Hits him with bar and breaks arm Alfred: I must say Master Bruce, I am quite amazing that you handled that matter quite civilly!

• If that actually happened, that would be so stupid yet hilarious.

Hits him with bar and breaks arm Alfred: I must say Master Bruce, I am quite amazing that you handled that matter quite civilly!

• Yeah i know. Hopefully it's fixed. Its the only problem i've had with the game so far.

• edited August 2016

I am not gonna lie, I laughed loudly when I read that. :D

• Only thing that kinda bothered me in the game. It didn't make any sense.
    Other than that i enjoyed the episode

• Its not a bug/mistake

Alfred is right, he said u beat him "half" to death. Squeezing him and not breaking is half of two actions...

Not sure what he said if u did break the arm, lol
    Maybe same thing but if he's more furious then there's nothing wrong.

• Telltale confirmed it was a bug/glitch similar to the Gryff's eye model issue.

And if you do break his arm and beat him Alfred will say you "Nearly killed him"

Vold posted: »

Its not a bug/mistake Alfred is right, he said u beat him "half" to death. Squeezing him and not breaking is half of two actions... No

Sign in to comment in this discussion.