Let's take a look into this mystery.

2»

Comments

• Who hired catwoman? at first i thought falcone did, now im not so sure.....

• edited August 2016

I agree with others that Dr. Jonathan Crane is very likely to make an appearance, given the first episode's focus on Arkham Asylum, and then the strange gas at the warehouse which works suspiciously like fear toxin.

My guess is that Crane is working for the Court of Owls, who support his diabolical experiments because they have some sort of stake in them succeeding. It's possible that Crane is Catwoman's mystery client, and that he hired her (using The Court's money) to steal the Falcone information, which would then direct him to the gas canisters he needs to perfect his own, refined fear toxin.

Unfortunately, Batman intercepted the intel., so Crane's men (who were tricked into thinking they were working for Falcone, when they were actually stealing from him), had to find the gas canisters the messy way, which caught the attention of the cops, and resulted in the blood-bath we all saw.

There's also a chance that Penguin is Catwoman's client, but I shied away from that idea for two reasons: 1. He seems broke at present, and probably couldn't play Catwoman's fee. 2. I'm pretty sure I remember Catwoman describing her clients as "they" -- as in, The Court of Owls and Crane and various other shady types working out of Arkham; not a single person like Oswald. Catwoman also seemed a little afraid of her client(s) and I don't think she'd be afraid of Oswald at this point. She'd see him as a bit of a bitter loser, who's all talk ... Of course, she doesn't know he's destined for "great" things, like we do.

Alex_L_P posted: »

Who hired catwoman? at first i thought falcone did, now im not so sure.....

• It has been suggested. With Arkham Asylum and the neurotoxic gas it fits quite well. We discussed that he's probably a doctor there doing experiments for either the court of owls, himself or Oz. There isn't much discussion about him going on, since there isn't much to say about it except that he's probably going to make an appearance.

Lord_EAA posted: »

..........hello?.......no comment?

• So my theory was fully discussed before I even made it?.............................my timing sucks.

Isterio posted: »

It has been suggested. With Arkham Asylum and the neurotoxic gas it fits quite well. We discussed that he's probably a doctor there doing ex

• edited August 2016

Good theory. Fits quite well.

One more thought that probably won't be correct: What if the fire was caused by firefly? Maybe one of Oz's allies. I don't really know anything about Firefly, except that she is into setting stuff on fire. No idea, if she could start a fire you can't get out.

[EDIT] I think it might not fit so well with what TTG is seemingly trying to do. I would consider Firefly to be a freak. But same could be said for Scarecrow. Maybe it fits, if they show the "origin story" of both, when they start as "normal" people just about to become freaks.
    Scarecrow could be just a doctor experimenting with patients and the gas. Firefly could have created the fire and got herself burnt or something.

Achilles321 posted: »

I agree with others that Dr. Jonathan Crane is very likely to make an appearance, given the first episode's focus on Arkham Asylum, and then

• Well, there are 2 threads about theories and a lot of posts. Hard to read every detail. Don't worry about it. You certainly have good points and fleshed it out a bit better, than others.

I'm excited to see the TTG Scarecrow version.

Lord_EAA posted: »

So my theory was fully discussed before I even made it?.............................my timing sucks.

• edited August 2016

What I am very curious to know is, just who is that guy in the picture we saw that Falcone pointed out; the one with him, Alfred and Bruce's parents. Could it be a relative of Bruce's? Or maybe a close friend to his parents? Whoever he is, I'm thinking that he is the one responsible for the attack against the Waynes. The one who's going after Bruce.

• It's very possible.

What I am very curious to know is, just who is that guy in the picture we saw that Falcone pointed out; the one with him, Alfred and Bruce's

• it could be mayor hill before he was mayor

What I am very curious to know is, just who is that guy in the picture we saw that Falcone pointed out; the one with him, Alfred and Bruce's

• Firefly is a he

Good theory. Fits quite well. One more thought that probably won't be correct: What if the fire was caused by firefly? Maybe one of Oz's

• Oh, only know him/her from Gotham. There it's a girl. A friend of Selina's

zeke10 posted: »

Firefly is a he

• edited August 2016

Yeah, it's usually a "he", but -- who knows?

Telltale's version could be a "she" like Gotham's. They're clearly doing their own thing, based on Penguin.

One character I loved in the Arkham Origins videogame was was Copperhead ... a villain who was, apparently, male in the comics but female in the game.

(Skip to 0:30 seconds. I tried to time-stamp it, but I don't think it worked for some reason.)

Oh, only know him/her from Gotham. There it's a girl. A friend of Selina's

• edited August 2016

its obvious mayor hill and falcone were behind it but seeing as my batman pretty much put falcone in the hospital and mayor hills pretty much gonna get his i think i solved that problem . also from looking at the preview of episode 2 i think Oswald will be the villain for now

Sign in to comment in this discussion.