What did you do with the cinema tickets?

I thought this was going to be one of the major decisions in the game. It seemed quite momentous for Bruce, on a personal level, and I was pretty surprised when it didn't appear on the stats screen at the end.

So did you decide to keep the cinema tickets ... or tear them up? And why did you make the choice you did?

Comments

• I kept them, I mean he already kept them in that nice little case, why tear them up now

• Kept them. You're a monster if you do otherwise... yeah I'm talking to you 4% (i kid don't kill me)

enter image description here

• I kept them. To me, they're a reminder to Bruce as why he keeps going as Batman.

• edited August 2016

This is interesting. I shall be the first to say that I tore them up.

I understand that they remind Bruce of why he became Batman: to stop others suffering at the hands of criminals, as he and his parents did.

But, at the same time, the game illustrates, on a couple of occasions leading up to this decision, that Bruce is still mentally tortured by the memory of his parents' deaths. I saw that as an unhealthy source of motivation, one fuelled by basic childhood trauma, and chose instead to move beyond it, to figure out what it means to be Batman as a mature adult, in a morally grey world. To "grow up", in other words.

And -- towards the end -- when I chose to hand Falcone to the cops instead of brutalizing him, I felt as though I'd won some sort of inner victory for making a calm, rational decision as Bruce Wayne, the adult, instead of as the emotionally scarred son of Thomas and Martha.

Oooooh-kay. I totally overthink this stuff, clearly. : D

But that's what's good about Telltale games. The meaning of many decisions can be left to the player's own interpretation.

• Are those statistics real?! Or did someone cook them up on their personal Bat Computer? lol

javoris767 posted: »

Kept them. You're a monster if you do otherwise... yeah I'm talking to you 4% (i kid don't kill me)

• I kept the tickets, as did most people.

• Kept them, why wouldn't I?

• If u check ur telltale profile choices for this game u can see some other choices including this

But some are clearly wrong...

• It's real! Check it in My Choices tab if you linked with your TTG account with the Batman game

Achilles321 posted: »

Are those statistics real?! Or did someone cook them up on their personal Bat Computer? lol

• edited August 2016

Thanks. Will do!

Wow, I'm quite shocked my decision was so rare. I would have guessed that 15-20% tore up the tickets, for whatever reason.

Ye_Biz posted: »

It's real! Check it in My Choices tab if you linked with your TTG account with the Batman game

• I'll check them now, thanks. I just signed up.

Vold posted: »

If u check ur telltale profile choices for this game u can see some other choices including this But some are clearly wrong...

• What did you call me?

Kept them. You're a monster if you do otherwise... yeah I'm talking to you 4% (i kid don't kill me)

• Teared them! And I don't regret it. In my mind the memory of Bruce's parents held him back from truly doing what needed to be done (I play a ruthless Batman). I love the line he uses when he tears them. "I can't let their memory hold me back anymore"

• edited August 2016

Cool. Welcome to the 4%. We have more than enough cookies. But they're store bought. I'm British, but I'm no Alfred in the kitchen. lol

I took the line, "I can't let their memory hold me back anymore," in a metaphorical sense. As in: "I can't be a slave to the ghosts of my past; I have to make decisions in the here-and-now and trust my own judgement."

Which could mean showing restraint ... OR breaking people's arms and faces to strike terror into the Gotham Underworld. : )

AgentZ46 posted: »

Teared them! And I don't regret it. In my mind the memory of Bruce's parents held him back from truly doing what needed to be done (I play a ruthless Batman). I love the line he uses when he tears them. "I can't let their memory hold me back anymore"

• I kept them because I thought tearing them up after Alfred gave them to me would be pretty mean.

• edited August 2016

I kept them because Bruce needs a reminder why he became Batman and why he is doing this.

Although if the choice is given again in future episode, I might tear them up due to what happened at the end of Episode 1.

• I tore them apart because I feel like his memories of his parents are holding him back. Also in this save data I decided to be the one who's feared by the police. Also being scary. I also gave the thing to vickie instead of Gordon because I just wanted to be batman who's feared by the police.

• Great minds think alike. :)

My reasons were the same.

Marquis132 posted: »

I tore them apart because I feel like his memories of his parents are holding him back. Also in this save data I decided to be the one who's

• edited August 2016

Psychologist could argue that he should tore them up to get over his past (which would mean quick end of the Batman very likely.)

Put considering the choice happens in episode 1, I doubt it would happen like that.

Ironically holding to his past might be one thing to keep him sane, so the choice isn't as black and white like it looks.

• Why do I always get a DirectX error? Telltale doesn't care since there's not even a mention.

Only me and @aManWhoLovesTelltale has it

so weird

I kept the tickets, as did most people.

• Shows over people, I tore em up. I didn't want Bruce to continue torturing himself over the past that still haunts him. I though tearing the tickets up is a step towards that direction.

• edited August 2016

"... I just wanted to be [a] Batman who's feared by the police."

An interesting approach. I wonder how much you'll be able to sustain that throughout the series. I'm guessing you'll have to become "friends" with Gordon at some point, no matter what.

Marquis132 posted: »

I tore them apart because I feel like his memories of his parents are holding him back. Also in this save data I decided to be the one who's

• No, the choice isn't black-and-white at all, you're right. Whatever your decision, it's quite easy to justify.

Keep the tickets, and you're striving to remain true to your original purpose for becoming Batman.

Tear up the tickets, and you're at least trying to put your past demons behind you and grow into a new man.

Clord posted: »

Psychologist could argue that he should tore them up to get over his past (which would mean quick end of the Batman very likely.) Put con

• Yeah, it was the obvious mental "torture" that Bruce still goes through, every time he thinks about his parents, that made me instinctively lean towards tearing the tickets up. Like I say above, their memory is clearly not a positive motivator. I think Bruce's parents would want him to move on, were they alive to give him their guidance.

(Of course, they'd probably want him to give up the cape and cowl, too, but that's out of the question. lol)

DoubleJump posted: »

Shows over people, I tore em up. I didn't want Bruce to continue torturing himself over the past that still haunts him. I though tearing the tickets up is a step towards that direction.

• I didn't think that but I won't be nice to the police or criminals if there's an option. That's basically what I'm saying.

Achilles321 posted: »

"... I just wanted to be [a] Batman who's feared by the police." An interesting approach. I wonder how much you'll be able to sustain tha

• When it's revealed the Wayne's aren't the golden family they seem to be letting go of their memory might be the best call.

My Bruce Wayne knows he's in it for the thrill and danger. And Selina will remember that. This Bruce is both darker and funnier. He doesnt sit in a cave and brood he does his work down there and plans his next outing. A batman who enjoys playing cat and bat with catwoman instead of "you're hot but i really need to arrest you" More Tony Stark without alcoholism actually.

• I kept them. I don't know why you would tear them up. Seems like a dick move to me.

• Kept Them. Who Wouldn't

• This, along with the Vicki vs Gordon choice, were very difficult decisions for me. On one hand, I realized that the ghosts of Bruce's parents had become a tangible entity that continued to haunt him long after their passing. It just wasn't healthy for him, and burning the tickets could be the beginning of healing him from this burden.

On the other hand, I felt like the memory of his parents, despite making him insane, were the only things keeping him sane. That's definitely a contradiction, but I feel like both views are not mutually exclusive. Bruce keeping the tickets represents him continuing to follow his parent's ways, and that's what I ultimately chose in the end. My Bruce held the thoughts of his parents when he showed mercy in two very tempting decisions. So uh...yeah.

• I have a problem, i detroyed them and now in the Batman: The enemy withi... they are back, like WTF? Even my stats on the internet says that i destroyed them.

• I use all four of the save files you get with each of the telltale games and I re-name them as follows.

Save File 1 renamed Good (in this case) Batman
    Save File 2 Renamed Bad (in this case) Batman
    Save File 3 Renamed Good And Bad (in this case) Batman
    Save File 4 Renamed 50/50 (in this case) Batman

Three of my Bruce's kept the tickets.

Those three being.

Good Batman - The reason being what happened to him and his parents is what started him on the path to becoming Batman. His family is very important to him at the start of season 1 he is very protective of his family (when Falcone mentions his dad during their meeting at Wayne Manor he responds by telling him not to mention his dad) However he accepts the truth as it unfolds and while he still loves his father he hates him for what he did even going so far as to call him 'criminal scum' when he is trying to get info out of Mori.

Good and Bad Batman - Same reason as Good Batman although despite his dad not being who he thought he was and doing what he did to Oswald's family etc. He still thinks/feels/believes that there are good honest people in the world which he tells Selina in her apartment after she saves him. He also believes nobody is beyond saving which is why he tells Gordon to send Harvey to Arkham and at the end of season 1 announces how he is going to fund the improvment of Arkham not just for Harvey but for all of the people there.

It is also this belife that nobody is beyond saving that is the reason why he believes John Doe in the fun house and tries to help him when he becomes a vigilante and doesn't abandon him when he is sent back to Arkham.

50/50 Batman - I was tempted to have him tear them up until I read somewhere online oen person's interpretation as to why Alfred presented Bruce with the tickerts and that being he wanted Bruce to keep them as a momento of his parents. An I thought that that is something this Bruce Wayne would do and while he tries to deny it I think what happened to him and his parents that night affected him although it was in a different way to Good Batman/Good and Bad Bruce who are Batman in order to try and stop what happened to them happening to somebody else.

This Bruce Wayne is Batman because he is a thrill seeker as he tells Catwoman the first time they meet (I do this for the thrill) and when he is in the ally at the start of episode 2 in season 1 he tells Alfred how he wanted to be just like his dad as far as his bravery is concerned. An I think in a way that is why he is a thrill seeker because he is trying to prove to himself that he is just as brave as his dad was that night.

He refuses to believe/accept that what everybody is saying about his dad is true even going so far as to tell Harvey in the hospital how he thinks that his family is being setup. It is only when he looks through the records and discovers that the video that was shown at the debate is real does he finally accept it.

An one of my Bruce's tore the ticket's up.

That one being.

Bad Batman - This Bruce Wayne considers Batman to be who he really is he even tells Selina in her apartment how he never stops being Batman and tells Vickie in the catcombs that the reason he wears the mask is because to him it isn't a mask but who he is. He believes Bruce Wayne is the mask he wears. He doesn't like to be reminded of the past which might be one of the reason he tears the tickets up. Other indications of this are when he talks to the Zellerback's at Harvey's fundraiser he tells them how his name isn't important and that what happened was a long time ago and that he has moved on. The only person I would say up to the point where Falcone reveals that his dad him and Hill were allies this Batman trusts is Alfred. However after the truth comes out he doesn't trust anybody including Alfred.

When Harvey tells him he needs to distance himself from him but needs him to keep funding his campaign he considers this an act of betrayal and refuses he also save Catwoman instead of Harvey as a way of punishing him for turning his back on him.

He doesn't trust Selina and when she asks him why he saved her he tells her that he doesn't owe her or Harvey an explanation. An when she tries to leave the city with the key he tells her how she's a thief and nothing more.

He doesn't care about Gordon who has a go at him when he breaks the sniper's arm and visits Mayor Hill as Batman telling him how the citizen and police are scared of him he responds by telling him that he can live with that due to the fact he doesn't care what he has to do or how people react to what he does so long as it get's the job done. Which is why when Waller shows up he supports her due to them having the same point of view and opinion on getting the job done which is by any means nessicary. He allows Gordon to try and take Catwoman in only because it serves his interest to do so. He let's Catwoman take the fall later. An he believes John Doe's story about the agents only because he can use Doe to get Harley after which he put's up with Doe until he can get rid of him. Which he tries to do when he makes the deal with Waller Doe in exchange for Bane and Harley going to jail. He end up telling Doe that they were never friends. Agree's to work together with Waller in the future. Suggests to Jim he retires. Tells Tiffany (who works for the Agency) He will bring her to justice. An refuses to listen to Alfred's reasons for leaving and simply tells him to leave.

By the end of season 2 this Bruce Wayne/Batman has alienated pretty much everybody around him. I don't think this is the way he wanted it. At the same time he doesn't care. As far as he is concerned nothing and nobody get's in the way of him being Batman or him doing his job the way he does it. So long as you are either useful to him or don't betray him he will keep you on side. If your no longer useful to him then your expendable and if you betray him then your an enemy.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.