The technical issues are no longer acceptable

Every single game/episode they have released has had issues either with sound sync framerate or ingame choices.
I've been with TTG since the beginning with TWD1 i stopped playing episode because it had such a bad framerate and the sound was so out of sync that i didnt play it for 8months. TTG games are not hard games to produce. Technically they are very easy yet they still mess it up. Take a game like Life is Strange which uses the TTG formula but allows for much wider range of gameplay and it runs smooth. Its pathetic. I am now boycotting TTG games until they get their act together. It seems its all about the buck now and they wont even invest in optimizing their games and the quality of their games have dropped considerable. GoT was awful. Im done.

Comments

• edited August 2016

I am now boycotting TTG

enter image description here

• I am now boycotting TTG games

• technically yes. recently they been sucking allround.

• I think you should leave, then.

short_stack posted: »

technically yes. recently they been sucking allround.

• He has the right to express his opinion, you may not agree with what he had stated, but who are you to tell someone that they should leave??

I think you should leave, then.

• edited August 2016

Well, it just doesn't make sense to me that he hates Telltale, but he still comes here on it's forum.

KatKat posted: »

He has the right to express his opinion, you may not agree with what he had stated, but who are you to tell someone that they should leave??

• He doesn't hate Telltale, otherwise he wouldn't be playing their games. He just wants them to improve and take their time optimizing their games, which i agree with.

Well, it just doesn't make sense to me that he hates Telltale, but he still comes here on it's forum.

• Exactly.

He doesn't hate Telltale, otherwise he wouldn't be playing their games. He just wants them to improve and take their time optimizing their games, which i agree with.

• I've been with TTG since the beginning with TWD1

tfw when you think that is the beginning

• That's nice, dear.

• I haven't noticed those issues that you are talking about. Could it be the system that you are running it on?

• AquaJewAquaJew Telltale Alumni

I've posted in a few other threads, but I'll reach out here too. I'm not actually on the Batman game team, but as an avid gamer, a Telltale fan and an employee I can say that the team has been working on addressing these technical issues as quickly as possible. Over the past week we've made a number of fixes that have improved the situation for some, but not all of these issues. Working quickly can also run the risk of introducing new issues, so we've been trying to ensure that each release is addressing these tech issues without making anything worse.

The issue of the black screen in particular has been driving our engineers nuts. Some things are easy to identify; when they happen 100% of the time, or when there's an easily recognizable pattern or similarity between cases where it occurs. This one has appeared random, which means it takes a lot more hours and cups of coffee to track down and fix. Progress was made over the weekend, so I'm hoping that a new patch will be released shortly.

Again, the BEST thing you can do is what I've mentioned before: Open a ticket with customer support and include information about your platform; PC or console, laptop or desktop, video card, whether this was the first time you opened the game, etc. Looking for patterns there is the easiest way to help us track this down.

Thank you for your continued patience; I know it's frustrating and driving people nuts, it's doing the same for us too.

• Well, I asked him if he thought Telltale sucked, and he said yes.

He doesn't hate Telltale, otherwise he wouldn't be playing their games. He just wants them to improve and take their time optimizing their games, which i agree with.

• AquaJewAquaJew Telltale Alumni

Good news!

For those of you experiencing the game fading to black and only seeing your cursor, this issue should be resolved now. Just restart your game (any platform) and you shouldn't see this problem any more. Luckily it was a bizarre server issue, so we only needed to make changes on our end, no patch required. We were able to track it down thanks to people submitting CS tickets and giving us information about the users who were having this problem, so thanks again!

There are still issues as all of you have noticed, so please continue to file issues with our help system with as much information as you can provide. There are more fixes coming.

• Well it was the beginning of their new formula because the ones before were more puzzle based then choice based

Jewfreeus posted: »

I've been with TTG since the beginning with TWD1 tfw when you think that is the beginning

• Can you tell us anything about the Framerate problems on consoles? Is there going to be a fix?

AquaJew posted: »

Good news! For those of you experiencing the game fading to black and only seeing your cursor, this issue should be resolved now. Just re

• He is right. The Framerate on consoles is everywhere between 15-60 fps. With a resolution of either 900p or 720p. Its beyond me how anyone can defend these problems.

• i think you missed the word "technically"

Well, I asked him if he thought Telltale sucked, and he said yes.

• It's not even 900p on PS4 or 720p on XBO! Simply unacceptable.

GSSalvador posted: »

He is right. The Framerate on consoles is everywhere between 15-60 fps. With a resolution of either 900p or 720p. Its beyond me how anyone can defend these problems.

• Doesn't matter, TWD S1 is still not the beginning of Telltale. If you were with TTG since the beginning, that would mean you were here dating all the way back to Telltale Texas Hold Em.

robrua posted: »

Well it was the beginning of their new formula because the ones before were more puzzle based then choice based

• edited August 2016

How Batman feels about this game's technical issues.

1600x766 on PS4, 1280x681 on XB1.

60 to 15 frames per second.

• I really do hope, that they can fix it. If not, then i wont buy it.

MichaelBP posted: »

It's not even 900p on PS4 or 720p on XBO! Simply unacceptable.

• They better at least lock it at 30FPS, even though it really should run at 60. otherwise I won't buy it even when it's on a sale, which probably won't take long seeing as how the season passes get a huge price cut a few months down the line. If the current gen versions are this bad, I can't imagine how bad the last gen ports are. Expecting 480p, sub 20 FPS, no AA and some screen tearing to boot. I guess they didn't announce a Vita port because it can't run Powerpoint slides

I really do hope, that they can fix it. If not, then i wont buy it.

• The Last gen versions will most definetly run like shit. Why would they polish the last gen versions and not the current gen versions? This could become the worst year in telltales history if they dont fix this. If batman runs like shit, TWDS3 will, too.

They better at least lock it at 30FPS, even though it really should run at 60. otherwise I won't buy it even when it's on a sale, which prob

• edited August 2016

As one guy said, it might run at PS3 frames per second at XBox 360p. They better make sure TWD S3 isn't a train wreck like Batman. Otherwise, I'll probably just for alternatives in the future. There are already games like Until Dawn, Life Is Strange, King's Quest and Oxenfree

The Last gen versions will most definetly run like shit. Why would they polish the last gen versions and not the current gen versions? This

• I'm pretty sure Telltale gets it Micheal you don't have to constantly rant about the same thing over and over and over and over and over, they hear us loud and clear.

How Batman feels about this game's technical issues. 1600x766 on PS4, 1280x681 on XB1. 60 to 15 frames per second.

• [removed]

J-Master posted: »

I'm pretty sure Telltale gets it Micheal you don't have to constantly rant about the same thing over and over and over and over and over, they hear us loud and clear.

• Sorry, I just can't help but give developer's shit when they release games in a state such as this, or Just Cause 3, or AC Unity or even Fallout 4 (the console versions at least).

I'm pretty sure Telltale gets it Micheal you don't have to constantly rant about the same thing over and over and over and over and over, they hear us loud and clear.

• jep. I really hope that this was a one time Problem. its the first time they used their updatet engine. TWDS3 could run better, since its action is rather slow paced compared to Batman. but we have to see.

As one guy said, it might run at PS3 frames per second at XBox 360p. They better make sure TWD S3 isn't a train wreck like Batman. Otherwise

• edited August 2016

Besides, my "rants" have been far nicer than what users on Neogaf have said regarding Batman's technical problems. Take a look:

Walpurgis: Pathetic. I don't feel good paying money for this. I think I'll wait for PS+. It's technical deficiencies would make it fit in very well with the typical PS4 offerings. It's a lock for sure.

Slaythe: Er Life is strange shits on them, King's quest shits on them, Quantic Dreams shits on them.They're literally the worst. Until Dawn doesn't perform too well. But you know, it fucking looks great. Telltale looks like dog shit while running bad. Unacceptable.

SJRB: Well they nailed the "non-photorealistic rendering technology", those jaggies can cut a man in half! Mission accomplished, Telltale! Nicely done.

True Fire: (in response to the aliasing in the pic below): 3DS games look amazing these days.

Marmaladefire: It's like they're actually getting worse. I just don't understand how people can continuously defend the lack of graphical and mechanical quality with "Bu-but writing!" At that point I can go read the comics and books that these games are based on.

allenpergallon: Move over Mighty No. 9, the console king is back

(Rin) Tohsaka: Embarrassing, I don't see how they determined this was an acceptable state to release the game in. I'm glad I wasn't planning on buying it. Still waiting for The Wolf Among Us season 2, doesn't seem like we're ever going to get it at this point though.

Haunted: To be fair, Until Dawn is like, generations ahead of any Telltale product in terms of production. Telltale games literally run on mobile (and look the part). Completely unacceptable performance.

Ol�Gunner: I'll keep saying this until the end of days, Telltale have to be the most technically incompetent devs out there. Just an utter shit show with their engine technology across the board from abysmal frame rates, to corrupting saves and sub HD resolutions for games that are in no way demanding. Embarrassing.

Gurish: The worst developer technically in the industry, will never buy their games at full price and I played most of them but never payed more than 8$ for each.

mavericktopgun: So. We get a game that looks like a Xbox 360 game and runs with even LOWER resolution than most Xbox 360 games? On a console that is released 8 years after the Xbox 360?? Am I in a time machine???

The Maverick: It takes effort to make a game look this bad. Kudos Telltale.

Vintage: Lol, HOW? Telltale games are one of the most simplistic ones in both graphics and mechanics. They must be purposely trying to make it run so bad. There are games on iOS and Android that look and run better than this.

10k: If I never knew the platforms this game launched on I would assume the screenshots was the Vita version lol.

guybrushfreeman: The Consumer will remember that. SPOILERS! Consumer is killed before anything happens anyway

• Yeah, hopefully TWD S3 will be far better optimized and more polished than this. Otherwise, I'll buy the season once it's like at least 50% off, which usually happens around the time episode2 is released, right?

jep. I really hope that this was a one time Problem. its the first time they used their updatet engine. TWDS3 could run better, since its action is rather slow paced compared to Batman. but we have to see.

• This comment in particular nails it:

mavericktopgun: So. We get a game that looks like a Xbox 360 game and runs with even LOWER resolution than most Xbox 360 games? On a console that is released 8 years after the Xbox 360?? Am I in a time machine???

Telltale have some of the best writers in the industry, but they can only be as good as the tools They have to use. Get over the Telltale Tool and step into the next Generation...If not...What a waste of these good writers.

Besides, my "rants" have been far nicer than what users on Neogaf have said regarding Batman's technical problems. Take a look: Walpur

• One would think that with the money they make off of using successful franchises for their games, they would be able to either make a new, better engine or at least lkcense an engine like Unity or Unreal 4. It's a real shame that the writers and other people working on the games are likely restricted by an engine that's being held together by duct tape. I'd guess the higher ups don't care, considering their games are successful regardless of these issues (the save bugs being the most game breaking of all)

This comment in particular nails it: mavericktopgun: So. We get a game that looks like a Xbox 360 game and runs with even LOWER resolu

• edited August 2016

And also, I think Telltale having published 7 Days to Die makes it their worst year by default. I have no idea why they thought publishing an alpha build of an early access game was a good idea. What makes it worse is the fact that they didn't advertise the fact that it is unfinished. Nothing on yhe box tells the consumer they're buying an unfinished game. You can see why the game got some pretty miserable review scores and why we quotes like this one, from CGMagazine (which gave it a 2/10):

7 Days To Die is a retail release of an alpha build of an Early Access game, and a downright scummy thing for Telltale to market as a finished product.

Seriously, the game got destroyed by reviewers. Only one guy gave it a good score (an 8/10) every other reviewer trashed it. PS4 metacritic is sitting at 45 (thanks to that review) and XBO is sitting at 35.

The Last gen versions will most definetly run like shit. Why would they polish the last gen versions and not the current gen versions? This

• I read on Neogaf, that the reason, why ttg dont use a different engine, is because telltales CEO Kevin Bruner doesnt want to give up on it, because he made the engine. I didnt believe it at first, but now...

One would think that with the money they make off of using successful franchises for their games, they would be able to either make a new, b

• edited August 2016

Yeah, I heard about it some time ago too. I think it was when GoT ep1 was close to release? Anyway, at first I just dismissed as a baseless rumor, but now I'm not so sure. There has to be something wrong with the Telltale tool, because there is no reason why such a simple game should be running at Sub HD on the XB1. I hope John or someone else from DF takes a look at TWD S3 when it releases, and that they take a second look at Batman if they release a patch that fixes these issues.

I read on Neogaf, that the reason, why ttg dont use a different engine, is because telltales CEO Kevin Bruner doesnt want to give up on it, because he made the engine. I didnt believe it at first, but now...

• edited August 2016

Yeah. Maybe Kevin Bruner is Psychologically attached to the telltale tool, because he maybe made it in a difficult time of his life. Which is fine (Its oft course not, but you get my point), but he has to think about his Company. Telltale will lose its (Not THAT clean) Reputation and die slowly out. No one wants that.

Yeah, I heard about it some time ago too. I think it was when GoT ep1 was close to release? Anyway, at first I just dismissed as a baseless

• Could be. It's hard to say, but he was hyping up the "upgraded' TT Tool a few months ago, and how Batman would be the first showcase of it, and for it to turn out like this... Indeed, it'd be a real shame if one day >350 people end up without a job because of consumers losing trust or interest in the company.

Yeah. Maybe Kevin Bruner is Psychologically attached to the telltale tool, because he maybe made it in a difficult time of his life. Which i

• Hi I Updated new patch, my game is lagin as hell, I have integrated motherboard. In some areas game runs 60 fps but all episode i just completed whit 15 - 20. Any suggestions, Ohh yea when i change to High performance In-Game my game looks blury not like it should be visuals changes to sh!t and when i change back to High Quality then it runs how it meant to run.

My Specs:
    Radeon R7 250 1gb DDR5
    4GB RAM
    WIN7 64BIT
    ATHLON II X2 260 3.20 GHZ

Sign in to comment in this discussion.