Am i the only one who thinks this game took elements from Batman Begin?

And the reporter is just a proxy avatar for Rachel from the film.

Comments

• edited August 2016

I don't see that many direct similarities between the plot of this episode and Batman Begins', other than that they both highlight Batman's early career and feature Carmine Falcone as a villain.

But yes, tonally, the game does seem to lie somewhere between the Arkham series and Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy.

And I'm very happy about that. Those are, to me -- as a non-comic reader -- the best versions of the character. Sorry Keaton and Batfleck fans.

• Pretty much this, although I enjoyed Keaton as well and haven't seen BvS.

Achilles321 posted: »

I don't see that many direct similarities between the plot of this episode and Batman Begins', other than that they both highlight Batman's

• I was thinking of Rachel also when I saw Vicky. :)

• Not from what you said but I did get a vibe of Batman Begins from the game with it's presentation mainly. Could just be me though.

• No, I agree with you. Definitely a Batman Begins vibe. But it's not that similar in terms of plot.

CathalOHara posted: »

Not from what you said but I did get a vibe of Batman Begins from the game with it's presentation mainly. Could just be me though.

• Affleck's actually good in the role, but I personally don't like that his Batman is a ruthless killer, and I think his suit looks a bit too bulky and awkward. Then there's the simple fact that the Nolan movies are just better-written stories than BvS.

I'm looking forward to seeing Batfleck star in a movie directed by Affleck himself (or anyone who's not Zack Snyder, to be honest). lol

Pretty much this, although I enjoyed Keaton as well and haven't seen BvS.

• I'm thinking it's just some common choices inspired by Batman: Year One, which obviously influenced Batman Begins and the game.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.