Is Season 2 GoT delayed for 2017?

I am asking because i want to calculate where i spend the money on Steam etc, i wanted to know if GoT will come this year or 2017

Comments

• Probably 2017.

• I would not say "delayed" as they never gave a concrete timeframe in the first place. However, that being said, 2017 onward seems likely as 2016 has already been super busy for Telltale with Michonne, Minecraft Story Mode Episodes 5-8, Batman, Season 3 of Walking Dead, and the Mr. Robot collaboration they seem to be teasing with Night School (the developers of Oxenfree).

• You can't call it a delay if it was never announced for 2016.

• I'm pretty sad about having to wait until 2017. Oh well.

• Do you remember the days when everyone thought it would be 2016? Those were good days, we partied, we were like animals in our natural habitat but all these new projects... They have brought us to our knees! We can beg, we can fight with the might of the Forresters but nothing will save us from our fate! We entrusted our soles with this forum, with this fandom. Even our greatest Blind Sniper predicted that 2016 was likely but with everything happing so quickly, that was suddenly an almost impossible prediction. It simply won't come true. We have already brought out our shovels, we better start digging TTGoT's grave.

So yeah, I'm pretty bummed out too.

If only Telltale were like Scott Cawthon (well they were like him that one time when they surprised us with MC:SM ep2) but if only they were, then we would have Season 2 within our grasp, they would release it this month but no, they are Telltale, the people who made us wait one too many days for Episode 6...

Lewsblake23 posted: »

I'm pretty sad about having to wait until 2017. Oh well.

• Its not delayed because they never gave a release date to begin with.

• I remember the days when we actually got any news on TTGOT. Y'know, before TTG completely went their typical radio-silence route with it. (Srsly how hard can it be to just say 'we're working on it' every couple of months?)

Kateis posted: »

Do you remember the days when everyone thought it would be 2016? Those were good days, we partied, we were like animals in our natural habit

• edited August 2016

Well, we all know what Telltale are like. They watch us shrivel up from waiting and then they'll drown us with all the water- I mean news they have and then we'll be stuck in another long drought- I mean waiting spell.

Maybe they aren't working on it, maybe Season 2 is still a few tiny post it notes. It must be hard enough to not say they're working on it or maybeee they don't want to get our hopes up.

JakeSt123 posted: »

I remember the days when we actually got any news on TTGOT. Y'know, before TTG completely went their typical radio-silence route with it. (Srsly how hard can it be to just say 'we're working on it' every couple of months?)

• Remember when they at least pretended to care about it? Sure, maybe they do care about it, but if that's the case they're pretty terrible at showing it.

I remember the days when we actually got any news on TTGOT. Y'know, before TTG completely went their typical radio-silence route with it. (Srsly how hard can it be to just say 'we're working on it' every couple of months?)

• Just because they are not talking about upcoming games, it does not mean it is cancelled or that they do not care - it just means that the game is further off and they don't have a lot of substantial stuff to say about it. Because their games are story based and the gameplay is minimalistic (and shared between titles), they cannot exactly share a lot of details without spoiling the story.

I'll copy/paste another post I recently made a few days back that kind of covers this;

Telltale games going a long time without news is common.

It happened with Wolf Among Us (it was announced on the same day as Season 1, and delayed to incorporate choices after the success of Season 1), it happened with Season 3, and it is currently happening with Marvel, Thrones Season 2, and Super Show.

Remember when they at least pretended to care about it? Sure, maybe they do care about it, but if that's the case they're pretty terrible at showing it.

• edited August 2016

I know they care. Just saying that they don't show it very well. Most of us just want a 'we're working on it'. Even if it's not real news, it's just nice to hear. Then again, I've always had an issue with how Telltale communicate with their fans, so it isn't exactly a Thrones-specific issue I'm talking about. I think that they're getting better with communicating ( the Batman issues being an example ), but.. I don't know. I think with how big of a success Tales was, they focused so much more on talking about that game instead of GoT.

Radio silence can be frustrating, especially when Telltale seem to announce another project every month or so that pushes TTGoT Season 2 seemingly further and further back. Just because it's common with Telltale ( coming from someone who's played every choice-related game they've made ), doesn't make it any less frustrating to deal with. I suppose Telltale don't expect their fans to check each and every day for news, though. Maybe I'm just a tad too obsessed.

Hey, at least there's a handful of other Telltale Games on the horizon to keep occupied with, though. That's something.

Just because they are not talking about upcoming games, it does not mean it is cancelled or that they do not care - it just means that the g

• All I can say is if it doesn't affect sales ,they won't change radio silence.

• edited August 2016

I actually did some sleuthing and found that they dropped pretty much all the publicity for it the minute Michonne was announced. The only points TTGOT was even advertised after that was the week before an episode came out and the time they said "uh yeah it's coming out in november lol", while they talked about TFTBL all the time.

I have no ill will towards TFTBL, but it's plain wrong that they played favourites.

Remember when they at least pretended to care about it? Sure, maybe they do care about it, but if that's the case they're pretty terrible at showing it.

• edited August 2016

I don't consider it coming out until 2017 a delay, since that's when I was expecting it to come out anyways

• how can it be delayed when they've never discussed a release date? they just announced that there will be one.

anyhow, I think late 2017 is my early guess, but telltale got their hands full. I suspect they're on the early stages, writing and boarding the whole story and not actual developing it yet, again I think it will come faster than we think because they already have the characters and places they just need to animate them or add a few new places etc..

• I think the marketing difference between the two games alone showed which they preferred. I mean, shouldn't TTGoT have received a little more marketing love, given the fact that it seems barely anyone even knows that it's a thing?

I actually did some sleuthing and found that they dropped pretty much all the publicity for it the minute Michonne was announced. The only p

• Honestly looking at some of their tweets it's like they go out of their way to ignore Game of Thrones - such as this one.

Here's a closer look at the image:

enter image description here

We've got Borderlands, TWD, Minecraft and even TWAU (even though it remains unrenewed for season 2 and is far less recent than GOT), but guess what's missing.

I think the marketing difference between the two games alone showed which they preferred. I mean, shouldn't TTGoT have received a little more marketing love, given the fact that it seems barely anyone even knows that it's a thing?

• The whole thing just makes me quite sad, honestly. If they gave TTGoT as much attention as Tales did, we'd have an active fandom bigger than what can be counted on two hands. The Tales tag on Tumblr is updated pretty much every 10 minutes or so, and with TTGoT you're lucky if it's updated twice a week. I mean, without your posts, I'd hate to see how empty the place would be.

Hell, even TWAU's tag is updated frequently, far more so than TTGOT, so that's got to say something about how TTGOT has been treated. Granted, maybe the general public just like TTGOT a lot less than other Telltale titles, but it's just so... empty? Even when episodes were coming out, I remember just a few posts in the Tumblr tags. Something went wrong with how the game was put out into the public, I just don't know what.

Honestly looking at some of their tweets it's like they go out of their way to ignore Game of Thrones - such as this one. Here's a closer

• edited August 2016

We might have to wait more longer since the new Marvel game and Mr Robot is coming out.

Edit:nvm

• They just cropped this image by cutting off the edges to make it a square instead of a rectangle:

enter image description here

Honestly looking at some of their tweets it's like they go out of their way to ignore Game of Thrones - such as this one. Here's a closer

• Mr Robot is already out, and that's just a mobile game from another developer that Telltale has published.

As for Marvel, Telltale has enough teams to work on 3-4 different projects at once. The existence of one game does not slow down another, and when new games are announced to release further down the line, that only means that they are in pre-production.

Menofthe214 posted: »

We might have to wait more longer since the new Marvel game and Mr Robot is coming out. Edit:nvm

• Oh I must have missed that Mr Robot is out. Ill check it out. And thanks for telling me that the Marvel game won't delay GoT.

Mr Robot is already out, and that's just a mobile game from another developer that Telltale has published. As for Marvel, Telltale has en

• I thought they did say it was coming 2016, that's what I remember but I'm probably wrong.

I would not say "delayed" as they never gave a concrete timeframe in the first place. However, that being said, 2017 onward seems likely as

• I always laugh at Jesse on this picture because he's just so out of place. xD

They just cropped this image by cutting off the edges to make it a square instead of a rectangle:

• edited August 2016

I feel like a bit of an idiot, but it's curious which games they chose to crop out. Batman, which they're pushing heavily anyway, and GOT, which saw barely any publicity since May 2015...

I feel like a conspiracy theorist.

They just cropped this image by cutting off the edges to make it a square instead of a rectangle:

• As long as it acknowledges what happens in Season 6 I don't care.

• edited September 2016

So excited for season 2! I'll order a pizza when episode 1 is released. because then, if I have to make a difficult choice. I'll have take a big bite of pizza and feel the nice cheesy and saucy and crusty pizza followed by a swig of Mtn Dew. and then the choice will be easier to make.

• Wouldn't say "delayed". The date for season 2 hasn't even been announced to begin with.

• Looking like 2018 now, lads.

At PAX all they said was coming in 2017 was Marvel & the tail end of The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series: A New Frontier: The Third Season & Knuckles.

• By that time would people even still have their GoT save file? By that time I might have already switched to another console.

Looking like 2018 now, lads. At PAX all they said was coming in 2017 was Marvel & the tail end of The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series: A New Frontier: The Third Season & Knuckles.

• They typically do 3-4 series a year. They meant in that context that Marvel and A New Frontier were the only series for 2017 that they have confirmed as coming out that year. Game of Thrones and Super Show could potentially be the other two series.

Looking like 2018 now, lads. At PAX all they said was coming in 2017 was Marvel & the tail end of The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series: A New Frontier: The Third Season & Knuckles.

• Wouldn't say "delayed". The date for season 2 hasn't even been announced to begin with.

^ ...Basically, what he said

Wolfenus54 posted: »

Wouldn't say "delayed". The date for season 2 hasn't even been announced to begin with.

• My opinion may be unpopular, but I don't think we're going to see Season 2 before the end of the TV show (2018)

• My Guess is that Walking Dead S3 will be almost over and Batman will have run it's course before we any kind of news, just a guess

• edited September 2016

Telltale is aiming to release most of the Batman episodes by the end of 2016. So the likelihood of GoT is strong in 2017.

My Guess is that Walking Dead S3 will be almost over and Batman will have run it's course before we any kind of news, just a guess

• I'm guessing that New Frontier/Marvel will be the focus for the first half of 2017, and Super Show/Thrones Season 2 for the second half of 2017/first half of 2018. It's what seems to make the most sense at this time, unless Telltale pulls out any surprise announcements towards the end of this year, and has another game announced to premiere in 2017.

Telltale is aiming to release most of the Batman episodes by the end of 2016. So the likelihood of GoT is strong in 2017.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.