Do you think *spoiler* will be dead at the beginning of season 2?

Do you think Rodrik/Asher will be killed off promptly at the beginning of season 2 or will they continue on in integral and playable roles?

Comments

• edited August 2016

I won't deny the possibility. But I can't see how them dying would serve the plot. I feel that if they die before another appears or Ryon growing older who can carry their story (Leading the Forrester) forward, them dying would only damage the narrative and plot.

There is also the revelation of Josera and Elsera. It can only have a big significance if they meet Rodrik/Asher.

Regarding their determinant status, one way to work around this is to have Talia or another character to be playable in their presence for four or five episodes, until we reach the final episode of the Season 2, they become playable again. Not the best solution as a lot of player want to personally play and develop their characters, but that is one way to keep them alive.

• Yeah I completely agree. I don't think either's death would serve the plot right now. I'm hoping what they do is maybe make their plots similar but still different so it's not that big of a deal to still play them but I guess I wouldn't be opposed to playing Talia either. What I personally hope happens is we play as Rodrik/Asher, Mira/Tom, Gared, Talia, and Malcolm. I just worry because after season 2 of The Walking Dead I know Telltale isn't above killing off characters within five minutes of the episode starting.

I won't deny the possibility. But I can't see how them dying would serve the plot. I feel that if they die before another appears or Ryon gr

• Nooo... Telltale would never do such a thing. They have never done that to a character before, ever, nope that has not happened. Of course Rodrik/Asher will live a long time through Season 2, this is Telltale we're talking about...

Ok, time to be serious. I doubt they will be playable, that's too much work even for Telltale. Will they kill them off straight away? Probably, I mean it has happened too many times before. If they don't kill them off straight away, I imagine Talia would be playable and Rodrik/Asher become background...

I don't want Rodrik/Asher to die. :( They don't deserve it, they don't deserve it Telltale!

• If they do die then I will fail to see the point of them being saved by the Sentinel and escaping Ironrath.

• Maybe eventually. I certainly wouldn't be surprised if the surviving sentinel/traitor is killed off immediately. But I feel it's more likely that Rodrik/Asher and Duncan/Royland will just be off-screen for a while. Like, maybe they'll head off to Rillwater Crossing or somewhere to lay low while they recover from their injuries. That way your choices haven't been negated, but Telltale won't have to do too many extra determinate scenes. I actually wouldn't be surprised if Rodrik/Asher isn't a playable character in season 2 and Talia takes over for that part of the story instead.

• Same tbh.

If they do die then I will fail to see the point of them being saved by the Sentinel and escaping Ironrath.

• They best be playable and they best be alive. I stand by that Rodrik/Asher are the main protagonists. They represent House Forrester and no other character can fill their role. Sure it'll be more work for Telltale but it'll be worth it and I'm confident that they can do it.

• Same here. It would be completely pointless

If they do die then I will fail to see the point of them being saved by the Sentinel and escaping Ironrath.

• They better not or it'll piss a lot of people off including me.

• Ned, Robb and Catelyn were the 'main protagonists' representing the Starks ... until they weren't. The fact that Talia and Ryon are the only Forresters that haven't died at all yet, sort of points to them as the actual eventual protagonists in the the long run. Either that or the game just shifts the focus onto other characters or another family entirely, like the show did with the Lannisters. Given the way the show is centred around Jon Snow in the North now, I wouldn't be surprised if Gared was always intended as the main protagonist of the game.

AgentZ46 posted: »

They best be playable and they best be alive. I stand by that Rodrik/Asher are the main protagonists. They represent House Forrester and no

• I get that. But the deaths of them added something to the story. Killing Rodrik/Asher is just taking away. Not only that but it 100% ruins the choice and scene of ep5. If they absolutely had to kill them they should've done it in ep6.

Ned, Robb and Catelyn were the 'main protagonists' representing the Starks ... until they weren't. The fact that Talia and Ryon are the only

• And everyone was expecting they were going to be killed in ep6, because they'd become determinant. So making it look like they were going to die (and probably should have based on their injuries), but then having the twist that they didn't die, sort of made sense. It's just that they've painted themselves into a bit of a corner because of it. The problem is, Rodrik and Asher are significantly different characters, so it's difficult to believe them as one 'interchangeable' role, which in terms of practicality, time and budget, Telltale will probably need to make them. They approach things too differently, and so logically would probably go down two vastly different paths, creating two alternate universes as opposed to the 'diamonding' that Telltale Games normally falls back on with it's choices.

In short, should we continue playing Rodrik/Asher with deliberately separate character arcs? Sure, that would be excellent.

Am I confidant that Telltale can and will do that? No, not at all.

AgentZ46 posted: »

I get that. But the deaths of them added something to the story. Killing Rodrik/Asher is just taking away. Not only that but it 100% ruins the choice and scene of ep5. If they absolutely had to kill them they should've done it in ep6.

• I wonder how about those two different storylines will meet each other again by the end of Season 2?

Technically just a bigger scale of the Rodrik/Asher narrative in Ice Dragon.

And everyone was expecting they were going to be killed in ep6, because they'd become determinant. So making it look like they were going to

• IMO the differences wouldn't have to be that massive. Different dialogue options and the way characters react to you would suit me.

I wonder how about those two different storylines will meet each other again by the end of Season 2? Technically just a bigger scale of the Rodrik/Asher narrative in Ice Dragon.

• So just a larger diamond, I guess? I mean, that's just a constant level of work I wouldn't expect from Telltale. And ideally, that's what all choice-based games should be like, if not for the workload. But it doesn't change the likelihood that unfortunately (short of spending season 2 basically turning Asher into Rodrik, so that they can be interchangeable), the most practical way to realign their timelines again would be to just kill them.

I wonder how about those two different storylines will meet each other again by the end of Season 2? Technically just a bigger scale of the Rodrik/Asher narrative in Ice Dragon.

• I don't think they'll be killed off, but they will be completely interchangeable. I imagine everyone will treat them in exactly the same way, except for minor dialogue changes from a couple of characters.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.