I suspect Oswald to become another vilain than the penguin ...

But i think you guessed who i suspect him to become already ...

I'm surprised no one has posted this or tought it so far ( i checked ), even though i only 'got it' after i played the game a second time .

Here it is : I'm convinced that the Joker will be Oswald Cobblepot .

When you play the game , and you meet oswald in the park , at a precise moment he says " all he needs is a little push and ..." before making fall his bottle .

Here it is if you want to listen again when he says it : Go at 45:00

Oswald conversation with batman

Now in the movie , The Joker while talking to Batman ,he says that mytical line " Madness is like gravity ,all it takes is a little push ...." ( Go at 3:15)

The Dark knight Joker's quote

some people might think that it was just a little wink to the "dark knight"
but i don't think so

Oswald has the physical appearance of the joker . and does not look at all like the previous Penguins.He also seems a bit crazy ....While most of the penguins before him were relatively 'sane' . And i was surprised to not see him with an umbrella .
but Oswald's father has more the appearance of the penguin . sO i think his father was the penguin , but not him .Linking with the fact that just like bruce's family , the cobblepots were linked with gangsters . (even though i don't believe the wayne family were working with any gangsters) .

Suggesting that perhaps he might have been the one behind the wayne scandal , and might have changed the cobblepot name with the wayne name in the record and gave it to the press .

Did some of you think about this possiblity ? Beacause it feels very curious to not have seen any similar threads before ..

Comments

• edited August 2016

I agree actually, he even has a similar design and haircut to the new Joker. I posted a similar theory a few weeks back in one of the threads talking about his design, never made a topic though. Nobody agreed with me, though. Thought i was the only one who felt that way.

• edited August 2016

No, they wouldn't do that at all imo. If you haven't watched Gotham I would recommend it as the plot points in this game is very similar to that show.

Seriously, if you haven't checked out that show because it is kinda amazing how what happens to Bruce is very similar on both mediums......yep amazing.

• i did watch gotham but i stopped when they killed Jerome ...I'm sure you know why ..

But I don't see how telltale's batman is similar to The batman universe fro gotham ?.

No, they wouldn't do that at all imo. If you haven't watched Gotham I would recommend it as the plot points in this game is very similar to

• Look at the slide for Episode 3. That looks like the Penguin to me, minus the monocle and fat belly.

• edited August 2016

Same, when I first saw him in the trailer: I knew he was going to be the joker, I hope it's true.

Sorry, I accidently clicked on the spoilers button :/

• I'm all for radical new interpretations of the source material, but turning Oswald Cobblepot into the Joker might be pushing things a little TOO far. You might as well have Harvey Dent turn into Mr. Freeze. Or give the Batsuit nipples.

• Batsuit nipples? No way on earth can someone think of that!

I'm all for radical new interpretations of the source material, but turning Oswald Cobblepot into the Joker might be pushing things a little TOO far. You might as well have Harvey Dent turn into Mr. Freeze. Or give the Batsuit nipples.

• edited August 2016

Naw, he will be Oswald Cobblepot/Penguin, but I don't think that he'll call himself Penguin.

To recap the teaser for Episode 2, we see Ozzie in Carmine Falcone's building/office and we see that he discovered the photograph of the Wayne's and Falcone. He probably heard that the biggest and richest crime lord was finally taken down so this is how he probably ends up building his criminal empire. Canonically, Penguin is a rich villain, and using Falcone's criminal connections is a great way to help him become rich again. To recap the meeting between Oz and Bruce, he said that his parents were also billionaires but there was nothing left after they were gone, so building up from Falcone's empire would help him get back on top.

I agree, he will NOT be Penguin, but he WILL be Oswald Cobblepot.

• Well, I haven't started S2 yet but going by S1. You can see easily see what is going on with Wayne's company is really similar to this game. Potentially corruption and possibly his family being connected to crooked people.

I honestly am more surprised that some people haven't even heard of Gotham. If you played Telltale Batman and then went into Gotham you could easily see how the stories are similar in some ways.

• Honestly, this version of Oswald reminds me of Thomas Elliot... It wouldn't surprise me if he became Hush, instead but I am all for a new take on Penguin! [If we get to this season] Would be incredibly interesting if Bruce/Batman somehow gives him his limp.

• Now in the movie , The Joker while talking to Batman ,he says that mytical line " Madness is like gravity ,all it takes is a little push ...." ( Go at 3:15)

The Dark knight Joker's quote

some people might think that it was just a little wink to the "dark knight"
    but i don't think so

Well since the Dark Knights Joker was NOTHING like the actual Joker and was a Tom Waits ripoff and was inspired by clockwork oragane over the source material from Nolan himself.
    enter link description here

I can see why you made a connection with Telltale making another character who is nothing like the comic Joker (any of the three) and turning him into the Joker.

• Telltale has it's own story , and even if that line was inspired by timmy waits according to thy words ,

Heath ledger is although considered like the best joker in the 21th century .

and i dont think they were thinking about tom when telltale took that line ...

but they were so many jokers .Everything and everyone can make and become a joker , from the killing joke to just being a psychotic killer .

and telltale has it's own batman story .So anything can happen..

Ja1862 posted: »

Now in the movie , The Joker while talking to Batman ,he says that mytical line " Madness is like gravity ,all it takes is a little push ...

• I think that would be sorta dumb, why give him the Penguin's real name? That's just an awkward thing to do, it would make more sense to create an original character.

• Yeah but to be fair if he didn't die he wouldn't have got this much love.

I remember when his first scenes got leaked. Reaction was mix.

Then after his death all of a sudden those same people loved him after. If he didn't die it would have remained mixed and definitely no oscar.

Noway anyone gets one for a superhero film

Dydix958 posted: »

Telltale has it's own story , and even if that line was inspired by timmy waits according to thy words , Heath ledger is although conside

• Except Oswald Cobblepot is already an established character in Batman canon and he's most certainly not the Joker.

More importantly, one of the news reports already mentioned an accident at the Ace Chemical plant, as in the same Chemical Plant Joker became The Joker.

If there was an accident, then Joker already exists.

More importantly, Oswald thinks he's fighting Gotham's corruption and wants to make things better, if in a misguided way.

That is not the Joker's M.O. Joker is in it for the pure chaos .

• That and Black Mask, who also knew Bruce Wayne as a kid.

Honestly, this version of Oswald reminds me of Thomas Elliot... It wouldn't surprise me if he became Hush, instead but I am all for a new ta

• Not anything and Oswald's motivation isn't like Joker's at all.

Also, Joker isn't the only one that made the "push" line. Even Lex Luthor has used that.

Dydix958 posted: »

Telltale has it's own story , and even if that line was inspired by timmy waits according to thy words , Heath ledger is although conside

• I doubt that. In fact, it seems this version of Oswald Cobblepot will have ties to the Court of Owls.

Naw, he will be Oswald Cobblepot/Penguin, but I don't think that he'll call himself Penguin. To recap the teaser for Episode 2, we see Oz

• I doubt it, looks like they're going for a Hush/Penguin cross if anything. I bet the Joker is going to make some appearance and will be way different then the usual one we see tho.

• I don't think the Court of Owls will make too much of an appearance in this game - TTG had said that this game takes place more-or-less when Bruce is still kinds fresh in his career as Batman - I don't think they'll introduce the Court right away; maybe in the second season, they will (and that would be AWESOME!)

BullseyeRey posted: »

I doubt that. In fact, it seems this version of Oswald Cobblepot will have ties to the Court of Owls.

• edited September 2016

I think he will remain as penguin, but i don't see him walking like the penguin in the show. Lol.

• edited September 2016

Yea its awesome!! In the show Oswald is penguin so i think they might keep it the same.

No, they wouldn't do that at all imo. If you haven't watched Gotham I would recommend it as the plot points in this game is very similar to

• I suspect Oswald to become another vilain than the penguin ...

So he'll be the puffin?

• Haha you beat me to the punch - that EXACTLY what I was thinking!! I JUST posted a thread entertaining that very idea! Glad I'm not the only one who thinks it's possible!!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.