Was Suicide Squad that bad?

I haven't seen it but will be with a friend of my but was it that bad?
Was the script written in 6 weeks? I heard that somewhere on the forum.
Was the movie dark or basicly this trailer?

But the most important question... Harley's nice big HAMMER in the movie?

Comments

• edited September 2016

Yes, there were quite a few things changed during production. Whether the script was written in six weeks or not, I don't know.

In terms of my thoughts on the film, I didn't care for it. The first half hour, the performances of Margot Robbie and Viola Davis were great and some of the humor was decent, but the film's plot was sloppy, the action was poorly choreographed, the characters were incredibly paper thin and lacked chemistry, and the villain was laughably bad. If it wasn't for some of the positive things I listed above, I probably would've considered it 2016's equivalent of Fant4stic. I give it a 4/10.

• What happened behind the scenes was bad and downright scummy. The treatment of Leto, the hostility between cast members, the changing crew members for the film, the story changes, the cut outs, etc. But the film itself wasn't that bad. It had major issues, sure. But it was far better than Cashcow Vs Supercha-ching: Dawn of Disappointment.

• edited September 2016

It was pretty bad, not as bad as BvS but still bad. I don't recommend it considering there are much better alternatives of this kind of concept.

• I liked it... some characters where really annoying though.

• The movie was an absolute mess. The story made no sense. The editing was absolute crap, and so less Joker. Worst movie ever, and even worse the people that did the trailers were hired by WB to do the movie

• It pissed me off that the Joker was barely in it considering how much they marketed it. Otherwise it was just meh imo

• I liked it, and I had a good time watching it, but it was far from being good. I enjoyed the performance of both Will Smith and Margot Robbie, but I hated Leto's Joker. The first half of the movie was great in my opinion, but it went downhill shortly afterwards. It has both good things and bad things. I enjoyed it, but the movie has a lot of flaws.

• It was great! 8.5/10! Go and watch it!

• I didn't like it.

I have no idea why they had to fight magic and why bullets and an explosive charge were so effective against it. They should have just fought the joker and his goons. The introductions were done badly and the story sucked. I didn't like the joker, the gags weren't funny and the characters had no chemistry. It was rather terrible. At least it made the new Star Trek movie seem much better, when I watched it the next day. The first movie of the new ones that I actually liked.

• edited September 2016

The movie was a huge mess, but still mildly enjoyable. The plot is awful, the villain is awful, and the editing is awful. Sooo many scenes were cut out. Most characters only have a few minutes of screentime. I know it's typical for one or two things from trailers to not make it into the final cut, but with Suicide Squad, a lot of things shown from various trailers just straight up wasn't shown in the film. I'm still pissed that they cut out like 90% of the stuff they filmed with Joker.

As for your questions: I also recall reading articles that the script was written in 6 weeks. I didn't think the movie was dark at all. In fact, at times, I felt it was overly goofy. I read they had multiple cuts of the movie competing against each other. I wouldn't be surprised if at first it was more serious, but they ultimately went with a more humorous version after the reception of BvS. My memory's a little fuzzy, but I'm pretty sure Harley did use her hammer at some point in the movie, but it wasn't the super overly sized one she's had in cartoons.

• It was frustrating mostly. Because you could see there was a great movie somewhere, and with a different editing, you could really change the movie, unlike BvS long cut that didn't change how silly the movie was. I really hope we get a director's cut with more of the Joker.

• I wanted to like it so badly, but I just couldn't.

I was cool with it for about a half hour, but after that, I was just sitting in my seat...praying to God that it would end soon.

I was the only one in the group we were in to see it that didn't like it, either.

Maybe the original cut was good, maybe it was better and more thought out, but this...

This wasn't enjoyable to me at all. My only solace in this whole ordeal was that I didn't have to actually pay money to watch it.

• edited September 2016

the movie is great, sure is not perfect (mostly because of the editing) but is really enjoyable, you can find some comic book references and easter eggs, is not a bad movie, is really great and entertaining! if you decide to see it, don't miss the post credit scene.

• I really enjoyed it, dare I say possibly might have even loved it? But whilst the film managed to make me laugh and made me kind of watery-eyed, I feel like the scenes were randomly clipped, there were also several points during the film that made me question why something didn't happen earlier or why x would be in this place of all places? I also really disliked how they treated one of the characters - they tacked a character on last minute and decided to get rid of him quickly - I understood why but did they have to make it so obvious?

Despite all that, I enjoyed the action sequences and especially Amanda Waller's portrayal, I'd recommend people to at least give Harley Quinn featuring Deadshot in a sequence of unfortunate and coincidental events the movie a try :3

• I honestly enjoyed quite a lot of aspects of it. I thought most of the casting was actually really damn great and the premise had promise, the main gripe I had with the movie was just how poorly edited it was at times. Plus, the pacing just goes on a pure halt half-way through.

In regards to the Joker as well I think Leto is getting way too much shit for his iteration of the character too. As a matter of fact, I think he was told complete lies as to the tone of the movie so he'd actually portray the character. Plus, we all learned just how much content was actually cut from the film too. Despite all this I did enjoy it, I loved Harley, Deadshot and Boomerang in it and I honestly don't think it deserves the panning it's getting from critics. I'm someone who HATED Batman v. Superman but I did quite like Suicide Squad in contrast, I'd say it could be my favourite DCEU movie yet for that matter.

• Are all these scenes cut out of the movie?

• edited September 2016

I thought it was the best DCEU movie so far (inb4 Wonder Woman)

P.S. It's a Suicide Squad movie. Not a Joker movie.

• Some of those shots were in the film, but for the most part, that video is accurate with what was cut from trailers.

This article goes into detail about the scenes that were left out/cut short. I really hope they wind up releasing an extended cut!

joshua007 posted: »

Are all these scenes cut out of the movie?

• Personally I thought it was worse than BvS. All the DCEU movies suck

• Movie < Soundtrack

• I thought it was pretty decent. Leagues better than Batman v. Superman.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.