Who is to blame for the downfall of the Forresters?

Ramsay Snow, Lord Whitehill, Walder Frey, Robb Stark, or someone else? And why?

Comments

• Robb Stark. Although I like the guy, he did break his vow to Walder Frey which led him to do the red wedding. Obviously this was a dick move anyway from the Freys, but it was a consequence of Robb's disrespect for him. And who was killed at the Red Wedding along with Robb Stark himself? Gregor Forrester. The man was pretty much the reason why the Forresters and the Whitehills hadn't torn each other apart yet. Plus, if the red wedding never happened, the North would have never fallen to the Boltons, which gave the Whitehills so much false pride and justification for their actions.

If Robb had kept it in his pants, the slaughter of thousands would have been avoided. I'm not saying it's his fault, I'm saying that it was his actions that set things in motion.

• The Glenmores. Even refusing the betrothal before, they then blatantly used Rodrik & provoked the whole conflict.

• I have to agree with @TeamKennyW00T, while you can blame the Whitehills and the Boltons for harming the Forresters, it would have never have happened if Robb didn't broke his marriage pact and set the stages of the Red Wedding.

But then again, you can argue that the culprit are the Boltons and the Freys, since they are the one who betrayed Robb and plotted with Tywin Lannister to kill Robb in the Red Wedding. Robb may have started the motions for his downfall, but it was ultimately the Boltons and Freys who decided to go this path.

• This girl

enter image description here

• The Forresters themselves.

How did Cersei put it again? Ah yes, they were too bold and clever and ruthless and instinctive and shrewd and impetuous and sentimental and weak and foolish and defiant.
    Oh, that means they can't be anything... Ah, well.

Truly, I think it was a mix of the Forresters being too proud and stubborn while it also being their allies' fault for not helping them and The Whitehills fault for taking things too far. So, everyone is to blame? :P

• Honestly, I think the marriage vow was just an excuse. After the battle of the Blackwater, the Boltons were already working against Robb since they believed they would lose the war anyway.

Also, Walder Frey is a hypocrite who broke his oath before Robb did. As a vassal house to House Tully, he had absolutely no right to demand a marriage.

Robb Stark. Although I like the guy, he did break his vow to Walder Frey which led him to do the red wedding. Obviously this was a dick move

• The Boltons. Neither the Forresters or the Whitehills wanted war, it was forced on them.
    I suppose you could argue that it's Elissa's fault if you tried to make peace as Asher.

• A lot of people are to blame.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.