Why is it rated M?

It seems like a kids show to me.

Comments

• edited September 2016

There were some scenes in episode 1 that are pretty fucked. Torn up cops with their throats torn over, sliced in half, and a certain moment in episode 2 is incredibly brutal. You're definition of kids stuff is disturbing.

• I wouldn't say it kids but some seems rated T to me.

• pretty sure the movie Batman vs Robin was way more violent than that

There were some scenes in episode 1 that are pretty fucked. Torn up cops with their throats torn over, sliced in half, and a certain moment in episode 2 is incredibly brutal. You're definition of kids stuff is disturbing.

• edited September 2016

not sure if serious or???

enter image description here

• It seems? Did you play the game yet?

• Yes.

Killah posted: »

It seems? Did you play the game yet?

• You obviously don't know what the restrictions for kids "shows" are.

Yes.

• Graphic violence and some light gore , neither of which is in 'kid shows.' Did you even play the game?

• edited September 2016

The rating is fair honestly, it's not a gore fest by any means but the comparison to a kids show falls flat. Most that I remember (even ones that incorporate darker toned stories) barely have any blood in it and for obvious reasons.

I feel like the assumption is being made that because it is a game with a non-photorealistic visual style it could somehow get away with a lower rating despite it's violence. I'll admit that I am basically desensitized to most of it but still the age rating is spot on imo.

• Anyone else here love watching the old Scooby Doo Cartoons? Remember that time Fred got half his face burnt off? Good times.

• Show me any scene in Batman and Robin that is more violent than this series, which as freelance said, contained a pretty graphic depiction of a man who died in an explosion. I mean, jeez, even with Freeze freezing people willy-nilly, nobody gets shattered.

pretty sure the movie Batman vs Robin was way more violent than that

• Not to mention the swearing, which includes "harsher" expletives like "shit" or "christ". Certainly words I wouldn't mind my 5-year-old cousin parroting. :V /s

• I know what you mean dude, that shit is as kiddie as Adam West's Batman.

• My favorite is The Secret of NIMH when the bad rat dude gets stabbed in the front then gets a dagger in the back.

Poogers555 posted: »

Anyone else here love watching the old Scooby Doo Cartoons? Remember that time Fred got half his face burnt off? Good times.

• Adam West's Batman was never that gruesome. There were never bullet to the heads in that show either.

alexgo posted: »

I know what you mean dude, that shit is as kiddie as Adam West's Batman.

• Sorry? A lot of batman cartoons are way moe violent.

matteso586 posted: »

You obviously don't know what the restrictions for kids "shows" are.

• It is.

Scaeva posted: »

Graphic violence and some light gore , neither of which is in 'kid shows.' Did you even play the game?

• Which part seemed like kid stuff to you? The brutally gory crime scene at the warehouse or the graphic death scene of the security guard and Bruce's parents?

• Uh, I don't think so. I'd be very concerned if I saw children watching this.

• batarangs in the eyes, bullet through the eye, bodies torn apart and cop with his face brain being blown by the bullet is childlish to you? I get that u are so mature and everything considering things you wrote under some people comments in this thread, but this game is fairly rated M.

• Another difference is that Batman Vs Robin sucked balls.

I can't fathom how they managed to mess up The Court of Owls.

• Yo Christ is a swear word?
    Holy shit!

fayescarlet posted: »

Not to mention the swearing, which includes "harsher" expletives like "shit" or "christ". Certainly words I wouldn't mind my 5-year-old cousin parroting. :V /s

• Such as?

It is.

• More like holy Christ, amirite? AMIRITE?

IDredMan posted: »

Yo Christ is a swear word? Holy shit!

• I was joking.

matteso586 posted: »

Adam West's Batman was never that gruesome. There were never bullet to the heads in that show either.

• edited September 2016

If this isn't something kids would be afraid of, I don't know what is.

• Because it's not for kiddies.

• He might be referring to Batman Beyond?

Scaeva posted: »

Such as?

• Well, other than the Bane transformation scene and Dr. Woodrue pushing Dr. Isley into a buncha plants, there was nothing that violent.

• Holy shit, I didn't even know that could happen if you didn't save Harvey. Could you please spoiler tag this??

• Just did it.

Holy shit, I didn't even know that could happen if you didn't save Harvey. Could you please spoiler tag this??

• Care to show us a particular scene more violent than anything shown in the game thus far?

Sorry? A lot of batman cartoons are way moe violent.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.