Forumlands I: Back in Action

2»

Comments

• [Drop the gun] If they wanted to shoot him they'd have probably done it already.

[Hide in the train] “We gotta hide.” Jericho whispered, and Blisterscope shifted his mask towards him. He tried to croak out a response,

• (Sorry this post kind of sucks. Ended up having to rush at the end because I am beyond tired. Sorry again.)

Man, I can assure you, this part did not suck in the slightest! It was a bit shorter than the others, but otherwise I consider it to be just as well-written as the ones before and definitely very enjoyable. The plot gets more exciting with every new part and I can't wait for what you're going to come up with later :)

[Drop the gun]

I fully agree with Agent. Someone who would want to kill him would hav done it already, so I believe this person can be reasoned with, but only if Jericho follows their initial orders to ease the tension. We'll see where this leads from here, but at least for now, I think this will be for the better.

[Hide in the train] “We gotta hide.” Jericho whispered, and Blisterscope shifted his mask towards him. He tried to croak out a response,

• this looks awesome

AgentZ46 posted: »

I'm interested Is this restarting or do I need to read the original one first?

• [Drop the gun]

• [Drop the gun]

I agree with the others reasons regarding this.

• I hope so!

DCLXVI-1989 posted: »

this looks awesome

• Alright, Jericho will [Drop the gun.]

It's gonna be a little while, haven't even got the chance to start writing until today.

• [Drop the gun]

Jericho’s hand went limp, and the Aegis plopped into the snow below. “O… okay! I-I dropped it! Okay?” He called back into the darkness, and the figure only stood there for a few moments. Jericho only waited, biding his time before the gun went off and spewed lead into his forehead. The figure moved forward and Jericho’s eyes were full of the man with the eyepatch, rather than a scatter of buckshot.

The black man looked at him, his lip upturned with a nasty scar piercing through it. A black sweatshirt was tucked tightly on his body, and his pants were nothing but thick jeans. Black boots and the dark hood all only complemented his brooding face, but Jericho was stuck on the most accentuated feature - the tri barreled Longer ragne kilier that stared Jericho down. He had always thought it was a peculiar named for a weapon, but he had paid no mind to it.

Behind the man with the eyepatch came the guy with the spiky blond hair. He approached carefully, draped in a bright red mantra parka. On the left breast pocket, Jericho could spot a white cross. The man also wore a pair of thick jeans, and another set of black boots, which the jeans ran over.

“Put your hands in the - oh, wait. It’s you? Jericho, was it? Sorry about that.” The man lowered his rifle, and relief flushed through his face. Jericho also immediately loosened, almost pissing himself like the guy who got shot in the face on the train. It troubled him some, thinking of the way that man’s face had been opened up so easily, his life taken from him in an instant. But his mind would only wander farther, and then it would swing back to the man in front of him.

“I’m Anton. That’s Zane.” The man nodded towards the blond, and Jericho took note of their names. “This is Blisterscope. He’s hurt bad, I’m trying to find a doctor.” Anton raised an eyebrow at this, but when Blisterscope raised a hand away from his wound to show off, he nodded with understanding. “Right. We best be going then. Storm isn't going to let up anytime soon.”

He bent over, picked up the Aegis and handed it back to Jericho, who thanked him. They moved on, and Zane grabbed Blisterscope’s other arm. Anton led them on, and Jericho found himself sighing. He could hear Zane shivering just feet away from him. He could especially hear his own thoughts… thoughts that he had a bad feeling about this. He barely knew any of these people. He just knew that his best bet was to follow them.

“God, man…” Zane muttered, and Jericho’s ears flared at the sound. His attention was drawn, and he anticipated anything to break the awkward silence between the trio. Even Blisterscope seemed to look up from his daze. “I wish I was warm blooded. Then I wouldn't have to be so cold.” Zane stated, shaking his head.

Jericho blinked. “What?” He asked. Astonishment glowed on his face, and Blisterscope himself replied with a confused “Huh?” Anton shook his head, grimacing. “Forgot to mention. Zane’s retarded.”

Zane looked up, squinting his eyes at the cyclops. “I was always told not to listen to what others said. I’m an artist.

They walked for what seemed like hours. It was only minutes, but they were some horrid minutes. Jack Frost did not only nip, no, he also tore and scratched and bit and gnashed at them. Snowflakes stabbed their faces, water melted in their boots, and their snot froze in place. Blisterscope seemed to be mostly fine and not dying at least. Soon enough, salvation came to them as a metal slab.

Anton slapped against it, grunting and leaping back. “Dammit, dammit…” He muttered, before lowering the shotgun in only his right hand. His left reached towards the slab, feeling all around it, before finding some unknown mechanism and latching to it. “Come on…” Jericho could hear him whisper, before a clanking and clicking and clattering made his heart skip a beat. Anton stepped forward, waving them in through the door he had just pushed through.

An open icy grotto greeted them, and Zane closed the door behind them. Jericho spotted a furnace in the back center of the open room, as well as another metal door and leading to an unknown closet in the corner. A main entrance way sat towards the front of the furnace and was sealed off by a giant wooden door. Zane and Jericho laid Blisterscope down by the fire, as Anton observed the place.

Jericho knew that X86 was still out there, likely tracking them now if it could. It would hunt them down to the ends of the Earth, if it could. He looked at Blisterscope as well. This place could have some much needed supplies for him. Jericho wasn't sure if he’d make it without the medical help. He looked up at Anton, then towards Zane sitting beside Blisterscope at the fire.

[“I think we should leave before the robot gets here.”]

[“We should start looking for any supplies we can find.”]

• [“We should start looking for any supplies we can find.”] - We gotta get that loot.

Sorry about missing the previous vote. As always, both parts were excellent!

[Drop the gun] Jericho’s hand went limp, and the Aegis plopped into the snow below. “O… okay! I-I dropped it! Okay?” He called back into

• ["We should start looking for any supplies we can find."] This is Borderlands, you don't turn down loot.

[Drop the gun] Jericho’s hand went limp, and the Aegis plopped into the snow below. “O… okay! I-I dropped it! Okay?” He called back into

• [“We should start looking for any supplies we can find.”]

• [We should start looking for any supplies we can find]

• Oh god, Zane is back XD He was one of my favourite characters from the original story. I forgot how hilarious that guy was and he really gave me the giggles again, good job =)

[“We should start looking for any supplies we can find.”]

Well, it is Borderlands. You don't miss an opportunity for more loot in Borderlands, killer robot or not.

By the way, I just sent you that PM I wanted to send a while ago about a new character I would like to submit :)

• Ah, I love Zane too! It's fun trying to think up some of the dumb things he says.

Oh god, Zane is back XD He was one of my favourite characters from the original story. I forgot how hilarious that guy was and he really gav

• Surprisingly an unanimous decision, Jericho will say ["We should start looking for any supplies we can find."]

Post will be up at some point in the future. Duh. But, with Christmas coming up I have a lot of work to do and stuff. I might try and get something ready by Christmas, we'll see.

• Sorry for my inactivity, guys. Had a busy few weeks. I'll have something up soon.

• Soooo.... I'm late to the part-y but I still loved it. This Nixon already seems different from the other two versions which is intriguing. This was a great introduction to Rick and Jericho's characters. Overall great start :).

Sorry for the length of it. Just wanted to get a bunch out initially. Hope it lives up. Episode 1: And So It Begins… A living creature

• Welp missed the voting but I think my option won anyway. Again great part.

[Go to the train car] Jericho moved towards the train car, teeth chattering. He approached the torn open gullet of the train, stepping ov

• Alright, glad you're back :) No worries for the wait, I guess the last weeks have been busy for many of us I look forward for the next part! By the way, if you haven't seen it yet, I have sent you another message with an important request for my characters a couple days ago.

Sorry for my inactivity, guys. Had a busy few weeks. I'll have something up soon.

• Can't wait, I'm considering submitting a character soon.

Sorry for my inactivity, guys. Had a busy few weeks. I'll have something up soon.

• Took me long enough, didn't it?

[You chose to look around the area.]

“We should start looking for any supplies we can find.” Jericho said, nodding to the other three. Anton raised the eyebrow above his one eye, and crossed his arms after leaning his shotgun against a wall. “You sure about that? One of those crazy bastards could be out there, coming for us.” Anton made sure his opinion was known, as he turned to face the others. Jericho nodded, then pulled down his hood as Anton did his own. He had a mop of black curls on top of his head, along with the beginnings of a black beard to complement it. “Yeah, I’m sure. They might not be able to find us in this blizzard, and we need to find some medical supplies for Blisterscope. Besides, we might find something pretty useful in here. Who knows what.”

Anton looked towards Zane to see if he was agreeing, to which the young man started glancing back and forth between the two. “Well… I guess that makes sense. I suppose if you wanna help your friend out, then this is as good a place as any to do it.” Anton leaned up against the same wall he had propped his shotgun against, sighed and rubbed his head. “Hell of a day, huh.” It wasn’t a question; so Jericho didn’t answer. He slunk off, headed for a big metal crate that sat in the corner. Jericho hovered over it, scratching at the back of his head. “It’s, uh…”

“It’s a big metal crate!” Zane piped in, and Jericho turned to face him. “Uh, yeah. That’s what it is.” The blank statement came as Jericho turned back to observe the box before him. Various lines rushed through it, sifting and sweeping across the purple exterior. He could see screw heads poking out of the box, keeping it all held together. “And we gotta get it open!” Zane gushed, slapping his left fist into his right palm. Jericho’s head bobbed down, a slow nod of questionable approval for the blond man. “Yep.” He said, as if he had said it a hundred times before. “Maybe a crowbar! Or maybe, maybe Anton’s shotgun! Yeah! Or, or a rocket launcher! Or a bomb! Or, we’ll use our combined brute strength to force it open!”

Jericho glared at the box for a second, hand scratching his chin. He outstretched a single index finger and pushed a button on the front of it, and the top of the hatch lifted off into a slanted position. Zane frowned. “Oh. I, I guess we can do that too.” Jericho leaned over, staring down into the metal crate that had plagued Zane’s mind. “Huh, well hello…” Jericho uttered, reaching into the crate. Zane could have been biting his nails he seemed so anxious, and Jericho made it a point to pull the item out as slow as he could. “Come on, come on! Let me see it, let me see it!” He whined like a toddler throwing a tantrum, and Jericho smiled. “Alright, alright, ready?” Zane’s next series of nods were full of fury; a fury that forced Jericho to bite his tongue to prevent laughter. “Okay, okay… here it is! What you’ve always been waiting for!” Zane was bouncing at this point, eyes like a puppy at a chew bone. “Here it comes!” He drew out the last words, and Zane almost ascended into outer space. Jericho’s hand shot up as he presented the item.

“It’s, uh… this thing!” It was most certainly a thing. A red circle with a strap on the back, as if it were one of those ancient shields the Spartans used. At the top of it a curvy strand of antennas flew, twisting around each other and floating just above the red circle. A bright red cog was emblazoned upon the front of the circle, shining out through the rustic blood red the rest of it was. Jericho looked over it, flipping it around with a curious eye. “What is it?” Zane asked, just as perplexed as Jericho was. “It’s a, it’s a… yeah.” Was all that Jericho could muster. He didn’t even hear the footsteps behind him.

“It’s a shield.” Anton loomed behind him, a newfound syringe with a bright flowing liquid inside attached to his belt. Jericho startled back, then sighed when he realized who it was. “Oh thank God.” He murmured, and Anton extended a hand out. Jericho handed the shield over, and Anton carefully took it away. He did the same as Jericho did, except this time with both of his hands. His one eye spotted more details then Jericho or Zane’s ever could. Anton nodded, weighing it in his hands. “Yeah… it’s a shield alright. Looks Hyperion. Must be pretty old, then.” Jericho nodded alongside, giving his own opinion on the matter at hand. “Oh, uh, yeah. I knew it was a shield, I just wasn’t sure what, uh, what, what manufacturer made it. Y’now.” Even though Jericho did not know it was a shield. “So, uh, mind telling Zane just what it does?” He asked Anton, believing himself to be smooth but Anton had already seen through his weak veil. “Yeah. You strap it on, normally to your belt, and then it creates a little shield around you.” He handed it back off to Jericho, not trusting Zane with it.

“Normally, they’re specified to protect against specific attacks. Like, a club or a gun. Or fire and acid. This one, however, isn’t. It’ll protect against everything; just not as well as the specified ones would. Looks to be an Amplify model too. Sweet.”

Jericho held it in his hands, looking at those surrounding him. Zane seemed eager to get his hands on it, as did Anton. Jericho looked back, seeing Blisterscope lying on the bench. Then again, he wasn’t sure if he’d make it if he got shot himself; the shock would cause him to seize up and die in a pool of his own vomit.

[Keep the shield for yourself]

[Give the shield to Zane]

[Give the shield to Anton]

[Give the shield to Blisterscope]

• [Give the shield to Zane] It seems like he'd appreciate it, it'll be good to make a friend. Besides, Blisterscope is screwed if he gets shot. Shield or no shield.

Took me long enough, didn't it? [You chose to look around the area.] “We should start looking for any supplies we can find.” Jericho

• Hey, glad you found the time for the new part! Hope the past weeks have been good to you and I'm very happy to see the story continuing :)

[Give the shield to Zane]

Well... I was a bit unsure if I'd give the shield to Zane or to Anton, whom I like both. Agent brought up a good thought about Blisterscope and while the Borderlands can be egoistical, such behaviour rarely pays off at the same time. So, Zane or Anton it is for me. I like both of them, especially Anton deserves some credit, because while he was a constant presence in the original story, I only remember him from one scene, whereas Zane is, for all his flaws in the intelligence department, a very memorable character, yet your interpretation of him really makes me like the guy quite a lot. So, I honestly considered giving it to Anton, to no small parts because of how much more useful he is compared to Zane, but I decided against it, since I ultimately still like Zane a bit more. That guy is hilarious and I'd hate to see him biting the dust already. He's also more reckless than Anton, so I guess he could have more use for this.

Took me long enough, didn't it? [You chose to look around the area.] “We should start looking for any supplies we can find.” Jericho

• [Give the shield to Anton]

He knows the most about it. Perhaps, he can be the one to put it toward its best use.

• [Give the shield to Anton]

Yeah, not giving it to Zane, who knows what that guy might do with it. If Blisterscope got shot, he'd be probably rip either way, which leaves Anton and Jericho. I was thinking about keeping it, but might as well make someone else happy.

• Hmm... I'll wait until tomorrow for any other votes and then I'll just randomly pick one. Like flip a coin or something, I dunno.

• [Give the shield to Zane]

Glad to see you again friend.

• Looks like we'll be giving the shield to Zane. Since the canon itself never states how the shield is put on, I'm going to take some creative liberties.

• Ugh, sorry for the wait for such a short post.

[You decided to give Zane the shield.]

Jericho looked at Zane, smiling at his puppy dog like excitability. “Okay, you little scamp.” He handed it to Zane, who gleefully snatched the item away from him. “Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy!” He swished it through the air over and over, joy filling his eyes to the brim. He started slapping it against himself, fiddling with the knobs and buttons that decorated the protective piece. “Uhhhhhh….” Zane began to mutter, Anton rolling his eyes. “Seriously, man?” He put his hands on his hips, and Jericho nodded. “Yeah, Zane. You don’t know how to work that thing?” He raised an eyebrow, trying to look as pompous as possible. Anton’s one eye stared at Jericho with contempt, rolling in its socket. “You wanna show him how to put it on?” He retorted, and Jericho placed his hands on his hips. “I’m not saying I know how to work it. I’m just being offended by his inability to put it on.”

Anton once again rolled his eye, taking the shield and putting it on Zane’s side. “Alright, this might sting.” Zane cocked an eyebrow, but soon fell back to the ardor that had consumed him moments before. Jericho watched curiously, stretching out his neck to see the shield go onto Zane’s side. Anton pressed a button, slapped a dash, jolted a knob, before eventually three rods stuck out from the back of the shield. “Hey, what are those?” Zane asked, looking down at Anton who paused. “Oh, those? They’re… magic, fun time rods.” He muttered, pulling the rods out further. Zane grinned from ear to ear. “Those sound magical, and like a fun time!”

Jericho knew a liar when he saw one. And Anton was most certainly lying to Zane. “It might pinch a little…” Anton murmured, as Jericho stretched a hand out. “Hey, wait just a minute-” He was cut off when Zane screamed.

“Oh JESUS CHRIST!” Zane shrieked, kicking Anton in the face and crumpling to the floor. “Shit!” Jericho yelled, as Blisterscope shot up. “Huh?!” He groggily cried out, and Jericho startled back. What was Zane doing awake? Wasn’t he… dying? Thoughts raced through his mind, as Anton held down the convulsing Zane. “What the fuck did you do to him?!” Jericho spat bitterly, and Anton looked up. “I thought he could take it!” He bit back, and Jericho shook his head. “Well, obviously that assessment was wrong!”

Anton looked up, holding Zane down. “You’re the one who gave it to him!” Jericho stepped back, frowning and narrowing his eyes at Anton. “You should have known what was going to happen to him!”

Anton grimaced, groaning. “Fine. Just help me hold him down.” Jericho grunted, looking at where Blisterscope had been lying. He was sleeping like a baby again, to which Jericho only shrugged. He knelt down on the floor, glancing over Zane.

[Hold Zane down with Anton]

[Order Anton to let go of Zane]

• [Hold Zane down with Anton]

Ugh, sorry for the wait for such a short post. [You decided to give Zane the shield.] Jericho looked at Zane, smiling at his puppy dog

• It is always a pleasure to see a new part :) Don't worry about the wait, it's always worth it, because the parts are excellent! Although I guess it is time for me to finally submit these characters I've been working on. Hopefully I'll manage to do it soon.

Oh man, maybe it was a mistake giving the shield to the moron. Well, it was entertaining that much is for sure, even if I can't help the thought that it might have been more useful in Anton's hands. At least that guy knows what he's doing. Or at the very least I hope he knows what he's doing.

Ugh, sorry for the wait for such a short post. [You decided to give Zane the shield.] Jericho looked at Zane, smiling at his puppy dog

• Pfft, I knew it was a mistake.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.