Unpopular Batman opinions

You know the drill. This is the place where you can post any Batman-related opinions that make you be in minority. Here are some from me:

• Joker by Jack Nicholson and Heath Ledger are overrated. I felt no attachment to them. Mark Hamill and Troy Baker are better.
  • I loved Telltale's Batman Episode 4.
  • I felt no attachment to Batman by Christian Bale and Michael Keaton. Kevin Conroy, Roger Craig Smith and Troy Baker are better
  • Telltale's Batman is SLIGHTY better than Batman Arkham Knight (Haven't played the previous games yet).
  • Vicky Vale as antagonist is the smartest change Telltale has ever done.
  • I didn't enjoy watching Batman (1989) and The Dark Knight.
Tagged:

Comments

• Going off your first point, Mark Hamill is also extremely overrated. And it's not just the usual "he's a good voice actor, so he must be overrated" overrated. It's an actual, "his voice isn't all that great, what are you guys even talking about" overrated. Same goes for Kevin Conroy's Batman. It annoys the hell out of me when people start spamming these names under everything Batman related.

• edited December 2016

Well, they are one of the reasons Batman The Animated Series became the best superhero animated series.

Going off your first point, Mark Hamill is also extremely overrated. And it's not just the usual "he's a good voice actor, so he must be ove

• Vicki Vale is this series' best and most interesting character so far.
    • I don't think Bruce is completely innocent. He spent his whole life using a fortune built on the suffering of innocents, regardless of his intentions, he has to make up for that somehow.
    • I kinda pity Vicki and Ozn and I think Bruce should feel some guilt as well. They've become what they've become because of Thomas' actions.
    • The Children of Arkham do have some validity in their message.
    • I hope there's another way to deal with the Children other than... completely wipping them out!
    • Selina's 'speech' at her apartment about her own life has been one of the series highlights so far. It's the moment where she opens up to us and finally shows us some of her insecurities, this is extremely remarkable since her character is all about being catty and showing confidence on herself.
  • I actually agree with the majority of those. Especially with regards to your points about the Children of Arkham and the conversation at Selina's apartment. I actually put that in my top five favorite scenes when discussing things with my brother.

* Vicki Vale is this series' best and most interesting character so far. * I don't think Bruce is completely innocent. He spent his whole l

• edited December 2016
    • I (mostly, not totally) dislike the Telltale game.
    • I, too, think Mark Hamill is the best Joker. Even though I liked Nicholson and Ledger and multiple other versions as well, Hamill takes the cake.
    • I really enjoyed The Dark Knight Rises, and Tom Hardy's performance as Bane.
    • I really enjoyed Batman Returns, and Danny DeVito's performance as the Penguin.
    • I, too, think Kevin Conroy is the best Batman. Just like I said, I enjoy other performances BUT this Batman takes the cake.
    • Batman: Mask of the Phantasm is my favorite Batman movie EVER. Both animated AND in general.
    • I don't think On Leather Wings is a bad episode of TAS. It had some good moments.
    • I wish Black Mask was the villain in Arkham Origins instead of Joker.

That's all I got for now. I might post some more in the future.

• I think Mark Hammil is the best Joker so far, but Heath Ledger is very good too (and eyes open for Gotham's Jerome, if he does become the Joker)
    • Arkham City is the best Batman game so far (this is not unpopular), but after TTG's finale I may change my mind if it's good enough
    • Christian Bale still doesn't strike me as a really good Batman
    • I really think Ben Affleck can be the best Batman from the movies
    • I partially agree with the Children of Arkham ideas, but absolutely disagree with their methods
    • Joker will only be really important for TTG's Batman story in a second game of the series
  • edited December 2016
    • I really like Jared Leto's Joker. He's definitely not the best but I liked him.
    • Christian Bale was okay as Batman. That voice...
    • Ben Affleck is in my opinion the best live action Batman so far.
    • Batman and Robin was a very poorly made film but I still have loads of fun watching it. It's a so bad it's hilarious kind of film.
  • edited December 2016

Mr. Freeze is my favorite villain and he deserves more love and attention.

• He's one of my personal top 5 favorites.

Mr. Freeze is my favorite villain and he deserves more love and attention.

• edited December 2016
    • I prefer Batman Forever over Batman Returns.
    • I thought Arkham Knight was far better than Arkham Origins, boss fights don't make a game. Arkham Knight ended the series on a high note.
    • While I love Batman TAS as a whole I think the new Batman Adventures and Batman Beyond are better overall than the original series.
    • I like Affleck's Batman but I need more than one epic fight scene to prove to me that he really is the best live screen adaptation.
    • Not a fan of the Affleck suit in BvS, symbol is way too big and not a fan of short ears on the cowl either.
    • The Dark Knight Returns is alright, but overrated to the point of it feeling like people are suggesting it's the definitive version of Batman (only good as a standalone story).
    • Dark Knight Rises was a great end to that trilogy, severely underrated by fans (as far as I have seen).
  • Arkham Origins is my favorite game in the Arkham series

• I don't care for Harley Quinn

• I don't like Dark Knight Rises. I think it's just another messy third film in a trilogy.

• I think Arkham Origins is the worst of the 4 Arkham games, and Affleck's suit is my favorite so far in the movies

VenomHD posted: »

* I prefer Batman Forever over Batman Returns. * I thought Arkham Knight was far better than Arkham Origins, boss fights don't make a game.

• I actually think thats a popular opinion. Reception for DKR have declined over years of reflection.

J-Master posted: »

I don't like Dark Knight Rises. I think it's just another messy third film in a trilogy.

• That's anything but unpopular.

I don't like Dark Knight Rises. I think it's just another messy third film in a trilogy.

• It's declining sure but it's still regarded as a masterpiece by the mainstream.

I actually think thats a popular opinion. Reception for DKR have declined over years of reflection.

• While I hated that he faked his death and how dare he just abandon Alfred like that, I am so glad that Bruce in the Dark Knight Trilogy stopped being Batman at some point and moved on with his life, maybe even getting therapy or something. Batman Beyond was a great show but I can't even with how depressing it is that Bruce ends up all alone for years until Terry comes by. At some point when he's no longer physically able to be Batman, I need him to be happy and have people. (I'm also mad that we know that Harley goes off and recovers and has grandkids she doesn't want involved with this nonsense but the last we hear of Harvey he's in a straight-jacket with three personalities going at it. We could have at least ended it with "Good ol' Bruce.")

• edited December 2016

Batman Beyond is probably my favourite show out of the DCAU, the show is wrapped up with a proper finale in JLU. The whole point of that show is about Batman's legacy and I love everything they did with it. I'm not trying to start anything I just think the purpose of the show was entirely fulfilled. A personal highlight is the episode with Mr. Freeze - it's incredibly emotional and it's one of the main reasons why Mr. Freeze is one of my favourite villains.

Sarah1281 posted: »

While I hated that he faked his death and how dare he just abandon Alfred like that, I am so glad that Bruce in the Dark Knight Trilogy stop

• I prefer Batman and Robin over The Dark Knight. Okay, now that I've gotten your attention, that last statement isn't ture and here's my ACTUAL unpopular opinions:

-I liked Arkham Origins

-Damian Wayne is insufferable. (At least in Son of Batman and Justice League vs. Teen Titans. He was a little better in Batman vs. Robin.)

-Gotham Knight was meh.

• edited December 2016

Are they unpopular? If so then I guess the one about Damian Wayne and Gotham Knight are two more unpopular opinions of mine as well.

ralo229 posted: »

I prefer Batman and Robin over The Dark Knight. Okay, now that I've gotten your attention, that last statement isn't ture and here's my ACTU

• Well these are the unpopular opinions. Like I said, great show and I'm sure it did get its message across. I just would have rather the message been the Batfamily is happy and Bruce settles down once he can't be Batman anymore and is happy and isn't a recluse all by himself who has lost everything until some teenager wanders by.

VenomHD posted: »

Batman Beyond is probably my favourite show out of the DCAU, the show is wrapped up with a proper finale in JLU. The whole point of that sho

• I wish Joker never appeared in the Telltale game. I'd hate it less then.

• I think the Dark Knight is considered as a masterpiece by the mainstream, not DKR. Maybe when it was released sure, but nowdays, its seen as the weakest in the trilogy and a mess of a film.

It's declining sure but it's still regarded as a masterpiece by the mainstream.

• I never cared for Batman Beyond.

• Omid's catOmid's cat Banned
    edited December 2016

Batman is a wimp. I can't get rid of that feeling when I see him. Batman in comics is usually grim, dark badass but not this one. Almost everyone else now - Vicky, Oz, Alfred, Harvey are badasses. But Brucie is a pussie.

Colors are too bright. Gotham shouldn't be colorful place.

Gordon is JJ Jameson.

Love scene is overrated.

• I just never liked Batman.

• I still see the regular mainstream put it in high regard.

I think the Dark Knight is considered as a masterpiece by the mainstream, not DKR. Maybe when it was released sure, but nowdays, its seen as the weakest in the trilogy and a mess of a film.

• I never liked a bat disguised as a man. Oh wait....

NorthStars posted: »

I just never liked Batman.

• Batman Forever is a good Batman movie, certainly better than Batman Returns.

• The Dark Knight Returns never ranked highly on my scale for reasons even I am don't fully understand. I've tried to get into it umpteen times but it never clicked.

• It could be hype backlash. I didn't see it when it first came out and everyone was so obsessed with it that I didn't wan to see it for ages and when I finally did I didn't really like it. I like it better now but now the hype has really died down.

The Dark Knight Returns never ranked highly on my scale for reasons even I am don't fully understand. I've tried to get into it umpteen times but it never clicked.

• I never liked the batman and catwoman paring. I always think it's overrated.

• HOW DARE YOU!! :P

I never liked the batman and catwoman paring. I always think it's overrated.

• edited December 2016

Batman & Robin is a good movie. I didn't connect the credit card joke as a product placement, nor I mind of knowing it was.

Arkham series is probably the best interpretation of Batman so far outside of the comic books, accompanied with the animated series (with insane IMDB rating to accompanying it.)

Telltale's Batman is western style visual novel. While it's a game, there isn't enough gameplay to call it a "game" in traditional sense.

Not killing Batman on a spot when you have a chance due reasons is lazy writing. Batman should stay alive by just being that skilled or if he fails, to have successor.

I know that the comic books don't like to kill characters that are very popular with decades of backstory but it's silly when the villains for whatever reason don't want to kill Batman yet and still refuse to take off the mask due some weak reasoning when some other character ends up suggesting it.

Mark Hamill is the voice of Joker.

• Mark Hamill is the voice of Joker.

I don't think that's an unpopular opinion.

Clord posted: »

Batman & Robin is a good movie. I didn't connect the credit card joke as a product placement, nor I mind of knowing it was. Arkham se

• In the Nolan movies, I kind of ship Harvey and Bruce's ballerina date for the restaurant. Maybe it was just that Rachel was uncomfortable because she knew what Bruce was doing and Bruce was just being obnoxious but their conversation about Batman was so charming and full of chemistry.

• I like Ozzie and all he really needs is a hug (and one hell of an apology and land back)

• I kinda like batman forever
    Batman Begins is the best out of the nolan films
    Ben Affleck was great as Bruce Wayne/Batman

• Dark Knight Rises wasn't as bad as everyone says it is.

Runs for dear life

Sign in to comment in this discussion.