Unpopular Batman opinions

Comments

• edited December 2016

I hate Batman: Arkham Knight, and not just because of all the bugs. Here's why:

1. The game trailers basically advertised Scarecrow being the main villain, and there was little to no Scarecrow in the game. That's a huge
      letdown, IMO.
    2. The Batmobile is too OP.
    3. The Arkham Knight twist was very predictable.
    4. All the rest of the rogues like Penguin, Two-Face, etc. just seem dull.

And there a whole lot more reasons, but I don't feel like writing a poem.

• edited December 2016

Another one occurred to me although I'm unsure how unpopular it is, I imagine it might be controversial though.

I prefer the construction site scene in the Dark Knight over the warehouse scene in BvS, that's very indicative of my thoughts on the movie really and I'm unsure why I hadn't thought about this before. I get why a lot of people love that warehouse scene but I can't get over what he's doing and how he's aimlessly killing. The methodical nature in which Batman saves hundreds of lives during the Dark Knight scene and... yeah I just prefer everything about it. Still like the warehouse scene (for what it is).

• I didn't think Batman Forever was all that bad. Batman & Robin was indeed a travesty, but Batman Forever had a lot of redeeming qualities.

Seeing the Joker in Telltale's Batman disappointed me. I enjoyed TT's portrayal, but I wish they left him out completely until season 2.

The Arkham series is overrated. Not the worst games in the world, but also far from the best.

• I think Vicki Vale survived

• -Ben Affleck was good as Batman, despite BvS as a whole just being meh.

-John DiMaggio was a solid Joker.

-As much as I like Batman, I feel like he's been given too many animated films along with the Justice League and DC's animation department should have a little more variety. The Wonder Woman animated film was good. Most of the Superman animated films were good. Give us more.

• Jared Leto's Joker is the shit. I'm not saying he's as good as Ledger's but he's pretty damn close. He gives a new interesting spin on the character and I want to see more of him

• edited January 2017
    • Batman is mostly a boring character. I love the universe, I just think Batman is a big doof and my favorite version of him is either old man Wayne in Batman Beyond or Thomas Wayne in Flashpoint.

• On that note, including other heroes to circulate Bruce Wayne makes him MORE interesting. I really adore the batfamily and wish there was more inclusion of the Robins, Batgirl, than there are in the movies, etc. His relationships with them in contrast with his own personal conflicts makes him far more complex and therefore more compelling for me anyway.

• I'm so tired of the Joker and Harley. Don't get me wrong, there was a time I loved them, but I'm so sick of both of them and am far more interested in the rest of the batverse at this point. I also hate everything DC has done with Harley in the recent years and miss my old BTAS clown girl :(.

• The Dark Knight is a mess of a movie. Heath Ledger was a really interesting take on the joker and I actually liked the development of Harvey's character, but the pacing of the movie was all over the place. It could've easily been split up for TV more elegantly or as two films. Instead it felt like two stories wrapped up into one film and then just decided to end when it did.

• I agree with too much Batmobile but Scarecrow was a great villain.

I hate Batman: Arkham Knight, and not just because of all the bugs. Here's why: * The game trailers basically advertised Scarecrow bein

• OllieQueenOllieQueen Banned
    edited January 2017

In response to you liking TTG's Batman better, I see where you're coming from.

The Arkham series' Batman is great, but sometimes it feels as if he has no personality and is more bland/robotic than anything else. Sure, he's a bad motherfucker, but some character development would have been nice.

• edited January 2017

The Rocksteady Batman games were never meant to be very story driven aside from the very first one. They are system driven mostly.
    The writing is abysmal, expectedly.

But it's extremely difficult to "write" a video game while leaving the player enough agency. It's no surprise that Telltale Batman is far superior in terms of plot and character development than Batman games from Rocksteady. Other games suffer from pretty poor writing like Rise of the Tomb Raider because of its open-worldish nature.

OllieQueen posted: »

In response to you liking TTG's Batman better, I see where you're coming from. The Arkham series' Batman is great, but sometimes it feels

• Which is why people feel more attached to Telltale's version.

To be honest, I don't think the writing itself was horrible. The character development, though, was. Well not was-more like there wasn't any.

I do think the stories were decent enough, though. You know, considering.

The Rocksteady Batman games were never meant to be very story driven aside from the very first one. They are system driven mostly. The writ

• OllieQueenOllieQueen Banned
    edited January 2017

Another advantage Telltale has and uses to drive players closer to the character is the exposure of Bruce Wayne.

In the Arkham series, you rarely ever see Batman without a mask. Then again, I understand the games had a different purpose and great storytelling really wasn't what they were going for.

The Rocksteady Batman games were never meant to be very story driven aside from the very first one. They are system driven mostly. The writ

• They are your typical open world stories, paper thin characters and nonsensical plot.
    I get it, it's a system drive, open world game. Not sure how this is an excuse to humiliate Catwoman, in Arkham Knight she is literally the damsel in distress uncapable of doing much by herself due to her having an explosive collar around her neck.

For a character renowned for her independance and wit this is quite the surprise.

Which is why people feel more attached to Telltale's version. To be honest, I don't think the writing itself was horrible. The character

• I completely agree!

A character known mostly for being slimy and having street smarts and she just falls for a dumb trap?

They are your typical open world stories, paper thin characters and nonsensical plot. I get it, it's a system drive, open world game. Not s

• This is a genius move in my opinion, this is the first time that Bruce Wayne rooms so large in a Batman game, and I can't praise Telltale enough for having gone in that direction. Batman and Bruce Wayne are two sides of the same coin, by day and by night they are helping this city.

Oh God I've barely finished the whole first season that I already want more. :/ And I know it's going to be at least one year before it's released, assuming there will be a season two.

Another advantage Telltale has and uses to drive players closer to the character is the exposure of Bruce Wayne. In the Arkham series, yo

• Indeed. They took a different approach with the Batman universe and it worked. The story was intriguing, the gameplay engaging and the characterization riveting. Sure, the game had its flaws, but unlike TWD Season 3 the good actually outweights the negatives.

I'm looking forward to Season 2 as well! Unfortunately, it looks like Telltale is gonna be busy for a while with TWD and Guardians of the Galaxy. I think the wait could be anywhere from 2 to 3 years.

This is a genius move in my opinion, this is the first time that Bruce Wayne rooms so large in a Batman game, and I can't praise Telltale en

• You will hate me for this but I kinda love this fight with Batman and Bane in The Dark Knight Rises. For some reason, I enjoyed watching Batman getting his ass kicked by Bane and Bane's acting performance is AMAZING.

• The Telltale game is mediocre.
    All the Arkham games except Asylum are shit
    I like the cheese in the Schwarzenegger movie
    The original 1990 movie is just an ok movie and nothing special

• The Telltale game is mediocre.

Not unpopular

All the Arkham games except Asylum are shit

I can tell with Origins and Knight, but City? Yeah, no.

Jaku2011 posted: »

The Telltale game is mediocre. All the Arkham games except Asylum are shit I like the cheese in the Schwarzenegger movie The original 1990 movie is just an ok movie and nothing special

• Other than what happened at the end I barely remember a thing about city, meanwhile I can recall a lot of moments and details from the first game. That constitutes a game sucking in my book.

The big open world filled with nothing I care about is a big problem to me, Asylum is a more focused detailed and therefore more memorable location. The fact that I 100% Asylum and played it 3-4 times when I couldn't be bothered replaying city even once says everything.

AronDracula posted: »

The Telltale game is mediocre. Not unpopular All the Arkham games except Asylum are shit I can tell with Origins and Knight, but City? Yeah, no.

• Going after Harvey in s1e4 >Going after Penguin in s1e4.

The fight with Harvey in Wayne Manor is emotional and intense, and calling in the swarm of Bats was chilling. Half of Harvey's body gets burned, thus completing the Two-face image. Also that mid-air choke slam is probably the coolest/most epic moment in the series.

Meanwhile the Penguin fight just seemed rushed. Oz was inside a secret lab that only Bruce had access to that was full of Batman tech, yet he is still so dumb that he couldn't piece together that Bruce = Batman? Also Batman fights uncharacteristically poorly, nearly getting his ass kicked by unarmored Penguin who probably weighs 100 pounds less than him at least. And then when Batman defeats him, he just leaves him inside of the secret lab to be found later.

I also realized that if you went after Penguin in episode 4, Oz hasn't actually started murdering civilians yet so to the police it would look like Batman shows up and fucks up the new CEO for no reason. Oz shouldn't even be in jail in this scenario.

• edited December 2017

Should Bruce Wayne have Strawberry creme pink hair color? Or pink hair like Lightning from Final Fantasy 13?

• emilybuckshotemilybuckshot Former Telltale Staff

Yes.

SilentmanX posted: »

Should Bruce Wayne have Strawberry creme pink hair color? Or pink hair like Lightning from Final Fantasy 13?

• • arkham Knight is very good game despite the fact some people knew arkham knight is _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ and some flaws.
    • arkham city is good but it’s a little overrated
    • Lucius fox in Batman the enemy within should not die too early or at least not in episode 1.
    • Christian bale’s batman is somewhat more comic accurate since he has a no kill rule, traveled the world even tough he learn 4 martial arts till he met ducard.
    • Damian wayne is just a Jason Todd clone only if he was born from Bruce Wayne and Talia al ghul and more violent than Todd since one time in the comics , he decapiated a member from court of owls
    • the fight scenes in the telltale series and Nolan trilogy is more realistic than the arkham games.
    • the ending to the first season of batman telltale was little bit confusing since I assume John Doe already became joker and use John Doe to hide his true name but it all forgotten in season 2 when he is not yet the joker.

• wha? even telltale?

I never liked the batman and catwoman paring. I always think it's overrated.

• I liked the Dark Knight Rises. It's probably my favorite of the Christopher Nolan trilogy actually...

Poogers555 posted: »

Dark Knight Rises wasn't as bad as everyone says it is. Runs for dear life

• edited February 2018
    • Troy Baker was the best Joker impersonation for me.
    • I think bruce wayne is batman but I'm not so sure.
    • Arkham Origins is my second favorite batman game after Arkham Knight
    • I don't like the old Batman Movies. And the Christian Bale ones are on my top list, although his batman voice and his costume were pretty bad.
    • I didn't like Jack Nicholson's Joker.
    • Ben Affleck has been the best batman. Too bad the movies weren't good.
    • I thought Batman V Superman was absolutely terrible.
    • I thought suicide squad was pretty hella bad.
    • Justice league was also very bad, for me, and the plot was very simple and the cgi... dear gOd.
    • Batman Telltale are my favorite batman games after Batman Arkham Knight&A.Origins.
    • The only robin I like is Damian (he is the son after all) and nightwing. Everyone else, everyone, except Oracle and Lucius Fox (and Alfred <3 ), I dislike in the team.
    • I DON'T SHIP BRUCE AND SELINA, I DISLIKE THE SHIP. As much as I dislike JokerxBatman. My only true ship is BrAlfred <3 <3 <3
  • 2 months late but I think the Batman tech was hidden on the table that hides itself..

Going after Harvey in s1e4 >Going after Penguin in s1e4. The fight with Harvey in Wayne Manor is emotional and intense, and calling in

• Arkham Origins is the 2nd best in the arkham trilogy behind Arkham City.
    Arkham Asylum is overrated.
    Episode 4 of Enemy Within felt rushed in a way for me and felt like a downgrade in quality from the previous 3 episodes.
    Tiffany has turned into a cliche bland character.
    Some plot lines in Season 1 made no sense at times. Example: Harvey saying he wants to seize the Wayne Estate for money but burns it down instead..???? Oz warning Bruce to be on the right side when he was on the enemy team anyway.
    The Children of Arkham saying they want to expose the corruption but want to kill civilians and gas them. Erm what?
    Catwoman is overrated and I don't like her.
    And here's a popular opinion for a change: We need Gordon's glorious moustache in Episode 5.

• Jason Todd was the best Robin.

• Batman vs Superman is widely known as terrible.

* Troy Baker was the best Joker impersonation for me. * I think bruce wayne is batman but I'm not so sure. * Arkham Origins is my second f

• I've replayed Arkham Origins recently and I think Smith is better than Baker at voicing Batman. Both are outstanding voice actors of course.

Taker's take on the Joker is also excellent.

• I don't like The Arkham Games, they are fun to play, but the storytelling is too weak for my liking. And Batman/Bruce in these games looks like a true abomination.

• Same here except for Batman/Bruce one. Fun to play but not enough to have replay value as well.

JmoooX posted: »

I don't like The Arkham Games, they are fun to play, but the storytelling is too weak for my liking. And Batman/Bruce in these games looks like a true abomination.

• Arkham Knight's story wasn't great.

I love the DCEU movies. Except Justice League. The reshoots butchered that movie.

The Dark Knight trilogy is overrated as fuck.

All-Star Batman and Robin is a gift to the world, I really wish Frank Miller would finish it.

• Here's one.. sort of.
    It's kind of a popular opinion among my generation, but uncommon with later.

Batman was best when kept simple. The more they expanded the lore, the worst it became. Without a Robin is my favourite. Batman and Robin was okay. Batman, Robin, Nightwing, etc... Yeah... Not my jam.

• I don't like The Dark Knight(I never watched the one after that).
    The bat mobile is such a lame car.
    I think Arkham City is a terrible game.

• edited February 2018

I like Waller and don't like Avesta. Tiffany is annoying.

• I don't see the hype around Selina in Telltale and I saw the badness in her when she used Harvey and me in season 1.
    I'm not horrible to her, but keeping it a platonic relationship because she plays too many games.

• edited February 2018

Batman enemy within worst batman game I played. Worst Joker to feminine and useless feel gush a wind could kill him. I honestly original found cool being his friend but acted so pathetic lost all respect wasn't the joker. Harley Quinn as the leader biggest badass who bullies and can beat anyone just crazy. Just waiting for telltale to do update where tell us this game was a joke and then release real game.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.