Should I or Should I not write my own story

It's been three days since I've been hit by that atom bomb of a revelation. And I'm still upset. I can't seem to let go of what happened.

I want to continue with Season 3 but I can't shake what happened to Jane and the betrayal of the family I let in.

I believed Jane was stronger than that and the family and Clementine and Jane would make a decent community.

The only alternative is writing my own story, my own Season 3. Yes, I will do like other fanfic writers and try and craft my own story.

But the question still remains: will it make a difference, not just to me?

Comments

• I wouldnt be interested personally, you can write it for yourself though if you want

• I suppose that's the only course of action.

I wouldnt be interested personally, you can write it for yourself though if you want

• You totally should! It's seriously one of the most enjoyable things you can do if you like writing. I'd read it :)

• Why thank you. And wait...

Aren't you leafs_nation also write stories at fan fiction.net?

You totally should! It's seriously one of the most enjoyable things you can do if you like writing. I'd read it

• Haha yeah, that's me!

MaconMajr posted: »

Why thank you. And wait... Aren't you leafs_nation also write stories at fan fiction.net?

• edited December 2016

I'll read it. Haven't been on fanfiction.net in a while, haven't wrote nothing in a while also. Maybe your fic could bring me back :)

• edited December 2016

What's so hard to understand? You write fiction based on a IP that you are fond of. Some people write as a hobby.

• go for it! i'll probably read it for recovery reasons. ;-;

• I've caught a glimpse of some of your works that caught my interest in the past.

Hate Me Today and A Chance To Prove Ourselves. I also noticed you have many with Clementine, Jane and Lilly.

The two titles mentioned above I feel could've served greatly as continuations of the story, in my personal opinion.

I want to write but I also don't want to steal anything you have planned.

Haha yeah, that's me!

• Why thanks.

I've had numerous ideas over the years, not just for the Walking Dead game.

And if I were to do my own Season 3, it's going to take some time, fact and idea gathering, and lots of planning.

MosesARose posted: »

I'll read it. Haven't been on fanfiction.net in a while, haven't wrote nothing in a while also. Maybe your fic could bring me back

• But it will alternate the story. While it will be an interesting experience for me, how can I alter that which already happened?

ash2ashes posted: »

go for it! i'll probably read it for recovery reasons. ;-;

• And I struggle to see how someone can enjoy reading mathematical theory, some people struggle to understand how I can litsen to history podcasts for hours.

To each their own.

• What would I have been offended about? O_o

• Thanks, pal :)

Honestly, just go for it. I've got too many unfinished ones right now to worry about starting any more, and you don't need my permission to write what you want lol.

Good luck! If you post it on fanfiction.net I'll be sure to take a look!

I've caught a glimpse of some of your works that caught my interest in the past. Hate Me Today and A Chance To Prove Ourselves. I also n

• I mean, I dabble every now and then. If you're disappointed by how something went, then yeah, I think so! \o/ I'd definitely like to read some more stuff.

I suppose the issue with me is that I was personally really demotivated about Jane's "scene", and it's actually really put me off writing her as a character, 'cause all I can hear is the rope. But if you think you have something to offer, then I absolutely believe you should try! It's a really fulfilling experience, and I've actually met a couple of really awesome people through writing!

So, uhm, yeah. You go for it!

enter image description here

• For the Jane ending? Heck yes! I was hoping that you would start a community with the family, but considering what we got, I'd be interested in reading something like that!

• There are people who enjoy writing, and using an existent assortment of characters and places is a swift way of doing so. Sometimes, but not always, fan-fiction writers also write due to their emotional attachment to the characters.

• Just go ahead! Pick up after the end of Season Two, and ignore what takes place in Season Three. Your fan-fiction will be an alternate reality starting at the end of "No Going Back."

But it will alternate the story. While it will be an interesting experience for me, how can I alter that which already happened?

• As a fan and advocate of writing, I'd say yes. I mean, what's the harm? Any kind of writing, be it a story, or just a simple forum post, is worth it in some way or another. Even if it just helps you collect your thoughts, or come to terms with things that you weren't able to in the past.

• I'll keep that in mind.

Thanks, pal Honestly, just go for it. I've got too many unfinished ones right now to worry about starting any more, and you don't need m

• Alright, I'll put it in my writing schedule, which as other assorted works I will wish to start.

As the great Patrick Stewart said I will enter image description here

Just go ahead! Pick up after the end of Season Two, and ignore what takes place in Season Three. Your fan-fiction will be an alternate reality starting at the end of "No Going Back."

• enter image description here Very well, it shall be done.

BHBrowne posted: »

I mean, I dabble every now and then. If you're disappointed by how something went, then yeah, I think so! \o/ I'd definitely like to read so

• With the help of the posts on this discussion, it's leaning towards a green light. Of course, I have other projects I wish to start first.

Auruo posted: »

For the Jane ending? Heck yes! I was hoping that you would start a community with the family, but considering what we got, I'd be interested in reading something like that!

• edited December 2016

Thank you for your words dear moderator. And I'm thinking of the go ahead, of course I have other writing projects on my schedule I wish to start first, but the Season 3 plan will be added to the list.

Deltino posted: »

As a fan and advocate of writing, I'd say yes. I mean, what's the harm? Any kind of writing, be it a story, or just a simple forum post, is

• The only alternative is writing my own story, my own Season 3. Yes, I will do like other fanfic writers and try and craft my own story.

But the question still remains: will it make a difference, not just to me?

It will. Writing helped me a lot after Season 2, and I think it helped the people who read what I wrote also. I felt so upset and frustrated what got done to Luke and how the finale went, I needed to get things out or I was going to explode. So you write widdle waffle. You write whatever you love and need to get out too, and if others enjoy reading it, then that's a plus. But remember, write it for yourself. Trust me, it'll will make a difference, you'll feel better than if you didn't.

Also I know these aren't much, but I hope they help for inspiration:

"I fucked up…I don’t know what to do"
    Not Overrated
    The Walking Dead vs Friends:

You need help with anything, just let me know. I'm good at brainstorming for ideas.

Good luck :)

• Thanks. I'll do just that.

I want Clementine, Jane and the family to start off unsure of each other, but Clementine tells the truth of what happened and the history of the hardware store.

Then the story will fast forward to Day 1000, Clementine awakens from a nightmare of the people she failed to protect.

Jane and Clementine make supply runs while Randy and his family guard the store.

And that's just Episode 1

Expect returns of determinant characters and a OC of mine whom I homage Burt Gummer from Tremors.

Also, rival group wanting Howe's for their own.

And a secret location somewhere in the region called Quivira (named after an ancient lost city of gold) where stored is a bountiful stash of weapons and food that can last many years. Quivira was established by a band of survivalists of many communities in case a situation when society collapses. All are dead and the stash became a legend. But my OC learns of it before he meets Clementine.

This is some from when I first thought nearly a year and a half ago, but I dropped it figuring it would be no good. I just now only know bits and pieces from what I just typed.

Lilacsbloom posted: »

The only alternative is writing my own story, my own Season 3. Yes, I will do like other fanfic writers and try and craft my own story.

• Hi, another fanfic writer here and loving your idea for a story as the Jane flashback left a lot to be desired, even more so than the Kenny flashback. I would complain about how badly written and rushed those flashbacks were, but I imagine it's been covered enough and I'd be writing a novel, so all in all you have my backing and support for writing this fic and this is coming from someone whose writing a whole trilogy on time-travel, concerning Clementine saving the cabin group and getting to Wellington etc... but your idea seems more grounded and realistic, so go for it and I'll keep an eye out on fanfiction for it, best of luck!

• this is coming from someone whose writing a whole trilogy on time-travel, concerning Clementine saving the cabin group and getting to Wellington etc... but your idea seems more grounded and realistic

That's the way I try to keep it for certain tale ideas I have.

And for the beginning will be after letting the family in, Jane expresses concern, I know "Maybe we can start something here Jane" is good but I've come to like "Jane, it will be ok" following into this quote of hope "It's not much...but we'll make it better"

Hi, another fanfic writer here and loving your idea for a story as the Jane flashback left a lot to be desired, even more so than the Kenny

• fan-fiction writers also write due to their emotional attachment to the characters.

That's true.

There are people who enjoy writing, and using an existent assortment of characters and places is a swift way of doing so. Sometimes, but not always, fan-fiction writers also write due to their emotional attachment to the characters.

• If it makes you feel better

• edited December 2016

Found a notebook with a few pages of my Season 3 plan (2 page, the first notebook I wrote in fell apart and I recycled the pages after I felt my idea was folly.) I still have the titles. When working on this, coming up with episode titles was always a chore, because some I came up with didn't seem fitting of Walking Dead. But I did come up with titles for this work. It will be six episodes in all. What happens in the episodes can be anyones guess, although I suppose people can guess. But I'm working on it as we speak.

Episode One: Wounds Run Deep

Episode Two: Speak No Evil

Episode Three: Lost In Blight

Episode Four: Treasure Among Decay

Episode Five: Rise Of Fear

Episode Six: Does Hope Survive?

• If it's going to help you get over the Jane death and how you didn't like it at all and maybe help with you continuing playing the rest of season 3 (I saw your other post) then yeah go for it sweetie

• edited December 2016

You could join an rp and carve your own story with the character, hit me up if your interested.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.