I have a question about Tom.

Earlier in the game, Tom told Lady Myra that he knew friends that would help her. When she had her head cut off, I kept on expecting Tom's friends to come to her rescue but he just stood and watched it. I just wonder what friends he was talking about. Should I play the game again and see if his friends come to help her if I make different choices?

Comments

• Unfortunately, if you make the other choice his 'friends' don't come out. We all never got know who Tom's 'boss' is. I liked this game but it still bothers me that we don't get to see who Tom was working for.

P.S I would like to know your opinion of this game.

• Wasn't he working for Lady Olenna? I can't remember when and in which scene was this revealed, but I seem to recall that that was the case.

Don't take my word for it though, haven't played since my first playthrough.

Menofthe214 posted: »

Unfortunately, if you make the other choice his 'friends' don't come out. We all never got know who Tom's 'boss' is. I liked this game but i

• I loved the game. I just wished that they would have let us know if Roderick had lived or not.

Menofthe214 posted: »

Unfortunately, if you make the other choice his 'friends' don't come out. We all never got know who Tom's 'boss' is. I liked this game but i

• There's an unused audio where Tom reveals his boss. It was supposed to happen in Episode 4, but Telltale never used it and kinda dropped the plot point for some reason. You can listen to the audio HERE.

• What you're referring to is unused dialogue. So it could be her, but we can't really say for sure.

Wasn't he working for Lady Olenna? I can't remember when and in which scene was this revealed, but I seem to recall that that was the case. Don't take my word for it though, haven't played since my first playthrough.

• I'm glad he is dead on my game,never liked him.
    "The Queen of thornes" won't spy on Myra anymore.

Pipas posted: »

There's an unused audio where Tom reveals his boss. It was supposed to happen in Episode 4, but Telltale never used it and kinda dropped the plot point for some reason. You can listen to the audio HERE.

• so Tom was using Myra all this time here i thought he was a good lad i can't believe i die for him
    fucking wee cunt hope he dies in S2

There's an unused audio where Tom reveals his boss. It was supposed to happen in Episode 4, but Telltale never used it and kinda dropped the plot point for some reason. You can listen to the audio HERE.

• Rodrik/Asher is alive at the end of season one(flashback with Talia,Duncan/Royland or Gwyn) with a lot of injuries yes but we can say they´re alive.

I loved the game. I just wished that they would have let us know if Roderick had lived or not.

• Hmmm I wonder why Telltale dropped this audio, just cause they knew it would be leaked and to confuse us into thinking Tom works for Olenna Tyrell?

.... Spoiler warning for GoT S6 .....

I want him to work for Varys, so he and Tyrion ally and meet with Daenerys and those 3 help the Forresters in S2 for a happy ending (but then they couldnt make S3 I guess? But stories like this never end anyway, do they?)

• Glad to see someone like this game.

I loved the game. I just wished that they would have let us know if Roderick had lived or not.

• I feel like they dropped this plot. It makes no sense. If he worked for the Tyrells then why would Margaery abandon Mira at the end of the game over unproven rumors?
    "She needed to make sure Lady Margaery couldn't be attacked through you" <That seems like flawed logic to begin with, and if so then Tom should have abandoned her as well after Margaery did, but he still risked his life for her by willingly being captured by the guards. If they didn't care if she got a death sentence then naturally Tom shouldn't show up to help her anymore.
    "I once told you... There are people who'd be willing to help you. People who want you to succeed"
    To me this sounds like people who are holding out to over throw the Lannisters. House Forrester would be allies if that were to happen, so it kinda makes me scratch my head... I don't think the Tyrells want that if Margaery is queen.

If it truly is Olenna who hired Tom then can someone help me make sense of it?

And really? You guys hated the only character that was loyal to Mira? Why? Margaery left her to rot, so did Sera and Cersei only used her.

• edited January 2017

He wasn't helping Myra he was aiding the Tyrells,his actions were mean to win Myra´s trust no more than that.
    Of course I don't like him,he was spying on Myra and he might betrayed her by order of "The Queen of Thorns".
    He was only a piece of the game,his actions were preconceived by his bosses.

THIS is my point of view guys and one of the reasons I´m glad he is dead on my game.

Ultrajet posted: »

I feel like they dropped this plot. It makes no sense. If he worked for the Tyrells then why would Margaery abandon Mira at the end of the g

• Uuh she abandoned her because Margeary wanted a clean record so she can become Queen.

And yea, agree, Tom was being too nice and helpful to her. All just to make sure to gain her trust? Hmm..

And I don't think he was in danger when the guards saw him. They were only looking for Mira and heard a noise and saw him. Yea, he was hiding, but the guards didn't even see him nor Mira running from them.

Ok, so, a question to me, where I am not sure if it's mentioned in the game, is, how you become a handmaiden? And why did Mira become one for Margeary Tyrell, if the Tyrells would be suspicious enough to send an "agent" to check if she won't attack her?
    Also, I don't think, a coal boy would be enough to protect Margeary, if Mira attacked her, since he wasn't always around her anyway as we can tell since he also spied on other people a lot (" no one sees a coal boy").
    Which is typical for Varys' little birds anyway.

Also, don't forget, you can't take anything for granted what ppl say in King's Landing, so if Tom says, "There are ppl willing to help you", that doesn't mean sh*t.

After all, I just really want him to work for Varys and not for Olenna. Olenna would be too boring imo, Varys could be an interesting character to bring in, as I said, he'd ally with Tyrion and Daenerys.

I feel like they dropped this plot. It makes no sense. If he worked for the Tyrells then why would Margaery abandon Mira at the end of the g

• I really liked Tom and Mira but I can respect different opinions. Let me pick your brain.. By your logic, what did Tom gain from winning Mira's trust? If he was simply aiding the Tyrell's then how did they benefit from stalking a handmaiden and then leaving her to die? How would Margaery be "attacked" through Mira, as the unused voice files explain? She's just a handmaiden, if they suspected her of turning on Margaery the smart logical thing to do would be to send her home. Instead, they essentially send her a personal bodyguard of sorts. It would make sense if they sent Tom just to spy on her to make sure she doesn't betray Margaery, but he kept sticking his neck out for her. I get the feeling the plot was dropped cause it just doesn't add up (to me), too many questions. Telltale probably felt the same, other wise those voice files would have been included in the story and it would have been an open and shut case.

Personally I don't think Tom betrayed her, but I was honestly dreading that in case it did happen. But what makes you think that? It's never explained, but to me it looked like he was hired by someone to keep her safe and he might have gone over board with it because they developed a friendship.

Whatever it is I hope it is explained in the next game, I love Mira and I want a conclusion, instead I'm left with a big fat question mark.

Tunak23 posted: »

He wasn't helping Myra he was aiding the Tyrells,his actions were mean to win Myra´s trust no more than that. Of course I don't like him,he

• My point is if Tom was sent by the Tyrells to aid Mira then it doesn't make sense that Margaery abandons her at the end.
    His job was to keep her safe (and if the unused voice files suggest, make sure Mira doesn't turn on Margaery). I'd understand that theory if all he did was spy on her but he keeps helping her and she's doing things that could put Margaery in a bad light. He also tried to help her get into the coronation party against Margaery's wishes. Wouldn't that conflict with his job?

The whole game I was waiting for Tom to betray her but he didn't. And it seems far-fetched that he would nearly get drowned by the guard just to gain her trust, seems like the price for that is too high, even when he risks his life yet again to get the Ironwood decree from Tyrion's room.

He was absolutely in danger from the guards, he even hit one of them. Mira could threaten Tom at one point into helping her or she'll blame him for the murder, he still gives himself to the guards despite that and can be executed. I'd say that's pretty damn dangerous.

Also, I don't think, a coal boy would be enough to protect Margeary, if Mira attacked her, since he wasn't always around her anyway as we can tell since he also spied on other people a lot (" no one sees a coal boy").

^Yet another reason I don't think he works for the Tyrells, Varys sounds more likely, as he is motivated "for the good of the realm". Helping out house Forrester sounds like something Varys would want. Plus the word "whispers" is used a bit by Mira and Tom and Varys is the master of whispers.

Oh Mira becoming a handmaiden is explained in her codex. I'll copy paste:

Mira had always been fond of Ironrath, but Lady Forrester - wanting her eldest daughter to learn the ways of a Southron court - arranged for her to serve as a handmaiden to Margaery Tyrell. To her great surprise, Mira enjoyed attending on Margaery at Highgarden, and followed her to King's Landing with enthusiasm.

rabbitrun posted: »

Uuh she abandoned her because Margeary wanted a clean record so she can become Queen. And yea, agree, Tom was being too nice and helpful

• Maybe, Tom even works for both. He was sent to King's Landing by Varys or just hired/enslaved by Olenna (that way makes more sense and Varys then approached him) and well, Tom isn't lying if he is saying, he works for Olenna since he is the coal boy of the Tyrells.
    He even could've got the task of Olenna to spy on Mira AND the task of Varys to offer her help (I mean, in the end, who doesn't want Ironwood?) or he just made up the Olenna thing to hide that Varys send him and ppl (like you) wouldn't have believed it, so they cut the audio and said "nah".

My point is if Tom was sent by the Tyrells to aid Mira then it doesn't make sense that Margaery abandons her at the end. His job was to ke

• Tom didn't work for the Tyrells or Varys- he worked for Morgryn! How else would Morgryn know so much about what Mira was up to?? (example: he knew about the decree; Tom was with her when she kept/burned it). Only difference is I'm sure he played the same "nice guy" role with poor Tom as well.

• No mate listen to Telltale's audio,Tom revealed that he is/was a peon of the Queen of thorns.
    Surely to take Myra away if she did something to Maergary.Like brought her troubles with her Northern ascendance.
    We can say that Tom is one of the lowest pieces on the game of thrones.

• Some unused audio reveals that he was working for Olenna to make sure Margaery couldn't be harmed through Mira. However, since the audio was cut, I consider it non-canon.

It makes more sense for him to be working for Varys since he wants Daenerys on the Iron Throne the Forresters could provide Ironwood, which would be very beneficial to her army.

• edited January 2017

I doubt that but it's an interesting thought. Telltale can't leave us hanging, who the hell does he work for really?
    To me it looked like he was just one of the coal boys for the Red Keep. He mentioned he had a friend that does the guard house coal (who found out about the anonymous letter accusing Mira). Which means there could be more "little birds" so there's another reason why I think he works for Varys.
    I do hope that's who he works for, I'd love to see Varys in the game.
    Would you still like to see a Margaery in S2? I'm kind of annoyed at her for dumping Mira, although I get why she did it. I think there wouldn't be any reason for her to be in the next game.

Maybe, Tom even works for both. He was sent to King's Landing by Varys or just hired/enslaved by Olenna (that way makes more sense and Varys

• I am pretty sure,...

!!!GoT TV SHOW SPOILER!!!!

that Margeary will die soon, she also is showing weakness all the time, being soft and all. Only in the end she made a clean cut. So, I'm in for Varys stepping in in S2 :)

I doubt that but it's an interesting thought. Telltale can't leave us hanging, who the hell does he work for really? To me it looked like

• Yes I wanted to bring that up too. She doesn't have much longer. I hope Varys is in the next game, it would make for a more interesting story.

I was thinking Varys would have a bigger part to play, allying himself with Tyrion and Danaerys, and now uncle Malcolm representing house Forrester :D

I am pretty sure,... .. ... .. . !!!GoT TV SHOW SPOILER!!!! ... . .. . .. ... that Margeary will die soon, she also is s

• All I can truly say about Tom is SCREW HIM!!

If Mira takes the blame- he doesn't speak for her, and let's her get the axe. Seriously! I tried to do everything to keep Mira from facing the axe, to no avail. I fled the scene when the guard attacked Tom and threw the knife, and still wound up in jail. Did Tom or his 'friends' come to Mira's aid to take the fall for his crime??? NO! Little turd got what he deserved. lol

• I agree useless coal boy.

Archer444 posted: »

All I can truly say about Tom is SCREW HIM!! If Mira takes the blame- he doesn't speak for her, and let's her get the axe. Seriously! I t

• "I got friends who are willing to ... ah nvm.."

Tunak23 posted: »

I agree useless coal boy.

• yep yep yep <3

Yes I wanted to bring that up too. She doesn't have much longer. I hope Varys is in the next game, it would make for a more interesting stor

• I never thought about that, if he is the one who killed the guard he never speaks up huh? lol
    Although I think he wouldn't be able to convince anyone anyways, since he'd be going against Lord Morgryn. The word of a Lord would always be above that of a lowly coal boy.

BUT! If you are still friendly with Sera at the end she shows up and just watches and doesn't say anything. Why couldn't she speak up? Her and Lord Tarwick? Wouldn't that be enough to keep her from being beheaded? They really just showed up to watch her get her head chopped off? Wth!

All I can truly say about Tom is SCREW HIM!! If Mira takes the blame- he doesn't speak for her, and let's her get the axe. Seriously! I t

• edited February 2017

Haha, no kidding! The whole time Sera was just getting you to think she was your friend, only to sell you out to Margaery in the end (when Margaery reveals that she just said a lot of smack about you), and watch you die with a smile in her black heart. Not this time you little wench!! This time it was I who sold her out, betrayed her little secret, and lied to Margaery. The last laugh is all mine!! Bwahahahahahaha!!!

lol

I never thought about that, if he is the one who killed the guard he never speaks up huh? lol Although I think he wouldn't be able to conv

• edited February 2017

On my game when Myra had a chance to betray Sera she just took it.
    Also at the video of choices(end of the game)Maergary says literally that my Myra broke a promise to Sera to keep her bastard origins secret and you know what,she didn't promise anything to the girl. We are on the game of thrones I'm not that reckless to make promises. Game you don't remember your own plot?
    Good vision of the situation mate :)

Haha, no kidding! The whole time Sera was just getting you to think she was your friend, only to sell you out to Margaery in the end (when M

• If any of Tom's "friends" do get into contact with the surviving Forresters, they're certainly not going to be too happy about what happened with Mira.

• inb4 Tom has a personality disorder and his friends are ants FeelsBad

If any of Tom's "friends" do get into contact with the surviving Forresters, they're certainly not going to be too happy about what happened with Mira.

• To me everything points to Varys, but is it possible he never worked for anyone?

Tv Show spoilers VVVVV
    If it was Varys who employed him it seems odd that he wouldn't be capable of protecting Mira. I mean he helped Tyrion escape and he was under heavy watch. Varys is more than able.

Is it considered cannon that Mira refuses Morgryn's proposal now? Since most people went with that option..

If any of Tom's "friends" do get into contact with the surviving Forresters, they're certainly not going to be too happy about what happened with Mira.

• "cannon" ... Guess not, everyone has his own cannon regarding Forresters plot :/

To me everything points to Varys, but is it possible he never worked for anyone? Tv Show spoilers VVVVV If it was Varys who employ

Sign in to comment in this discussion.