Do you believe in Jesus?

Comments

• Regardless of being an atheist, you see what some ignore or don't even pay any attention to. This is a spiritual warfare going on. As time goes on, it will only get worse, even worse than back in Noah's time. The worst the earth will ever see.

As far as raising children in this last generation, is fine. All the souls need to be born of woman anyway. Besides, there will always be good people around who raise good children. Though sometimes some kids are just bad seeds regardless of upbringing just like good children can come from bad homes. My mother was one of them and she never let her bad experiences shape who she will become. The best mother I could ever have hoped and wished for.

Bogglefuzz posted: »

I'm atheist, but I miss when society was more Christian, though even in the 90s it was becoming less so. I wish more people believed in Jes

• You don't need Christianity, or even any religion, to prevent the rise of immorality.

Beyond all else, some of the most vile, immoral groups in the world are Christians, such as the KKK.

Bogglefuzz posted: »

I'm atheist, but I miss when society was more Christian, though even in the 90s it was becoming less so. I wish more people believed in Jes

• I believe. But like @FORTLEE, I believe he is a prophet and not the Son of God.

• edited February 2017

I think it's pretty obvious he did exist as several Roman sources (e.g. Tacitus) can attest, there's just absolutely no evidence he was divine.

-Kenny posted: »

No, Jesus never existed.

• edited February 2017

In that case would you class yourself as a Christian? Or, isn't that what Jews believe?

Forgive my ignorance, genuinely curious.

pr0dz posted: »

I believe. But like @FORTLEE, I believe he is a prophet and not the Son of God.

• I'm Muslim.

It's okay to be curious.

Flog61 posted: »

In that case would you class yourself as a Christian? Or, isn't that what Jews believe? Forgive my ignorance, genuinely curious.

• You don't NEED Christianity, but nothing has stepped in to fill the void. People are aimless and immoral, latching on to any ideology that promises to make them feel good about themselves and part of a cause. That's why you've got idiots chanting "down with X" and assaulting people on the streets like they're brownshirts. I believe that Christianity was one of the most benign, even beneficial, ideologies that people can latch onto for a sense of hope, purpose & community.

some of the most vile, immoral groups in the world are Christians, such as the KKK

And? Some of the most vile immoral groups are always X, it doesn't add anything to the discussion when it's a very small minority.

You don't need Christianity, or even any religion, to prevent the rise of immorality. Beyond all else, some of the most vile, immoral groups in the world are Christians, such as the KKK.

• YES I DO YOU FUC$ING Heathen (this is a joke)

• I have no idea whether or not he existed as a man. I severely doubt he was the son of God. I severely doubt God exists at all. He punishes people for too much, and lets devout followers rot for no reason. I just can't believe in a God with such a double face.

• Anyone can claim to be of God, doesn't mean they are. Wolves in sheep clothing. That is true. There are plenty of Christians who are not real Christians. Some are mislead and some intentionally mislead but that can happen with anyone depending on who they are. But no one should judge an entire religion based on some bad seeds. Not everyone is a part of the babel. When I discern, it is based on an individual basis, not judging a whole group. I don't judge a book by its cover but rather read the contents so I know what kind of book it is.

What is going on in the world today, many are blind to. For those who want to believe in lies will be sent strong delusions. The more and more God is taken out of society, the more and more corruption there is. Look at what's on tv, on the radio, in movies, how people in general behave, etc. It's all being set up. Good is Bad and Bad is Good. Topsy-turvy.

You don't need Christianity, or even any religion, to prevent the rise of immorality. Beyond all else, some of the most vile, immoral groups in the world are Christians, such as the KKK.

• The big question is:

Jesus believe in me? I don't think so. So why should I believe in him?

Did he come and talk to me or persuaded me to be a christian? Nope. He does miracles in present days from his divine powers? Nope. Did he ended the hunger with his divine powers? Nope.

I mean, religion is a good thing when interpreted as a metaphor. When you start to take "divine" books quotes literally and as facts, you're doomed.

• Speaking for myself.

It's not something that is easy to explain or even put into words. Ever since I was young I always felt this special bond and connection as soon as I learned of Jesus. There was always this growing love and faith that I will have forever. I just know He is here with me and everyone who opens their mind and heart to Him. I don't have to see Him in order to believe, because I live by faith, not by sight.

My personal experiences have further strengthened my faith and has revealed there is so much more to this world and life than I know.

When I was 6 years old I was waiting to get baptized. I saw one of the other girls walk over to me and she told me to open my eyes under the water once it's my turn. Of course, I argued not understanding why I would do that but she insisted I do it and told me that all the other kids was going to do it and that I would see something special. I finally agreed and she kept making sure I was going to do it. So when it was my turn to get baptized I did open my eyes and saw a spider underneath the water. When I was back above I turned around and there was nothing there but I know what I saw. Afterwards, I asked the girls what did they see and they all looked at me crazy telling me they watched me the whole time talking to myself. That the girl never did walk over to me and start talking. So although I didn't understand then, I understand now the person I was talking to was an angel. It was God's message to me even though at the time I didn't know what it meant.

There is only one time in the KJV Bible where spider is mentioned. It is Proverbs 30:28.
    28 The spider taketh hold with her hands, and is in kings' palaces.

Another experience.
    My mother is the closest person to me on the face of the earth but she passed away. I was so heartbroken it literally felt like I was dying. It was hard to breathe, every step I tried to take was extremely heavy as if I had weights around my ankles. But then I saw a sudden bright white flash of light out of the corner of my eye. The next thing I know there is something all white so close in front of my eyes that I can't make it out because it's blurry. But as it moves further away I am able to focus in on it. An all white butterfly that keeps fluttering up and up towards the night rainy sky until I can't see it anymore. By that point, my brother turns around asking me why I'm way back here. I asked him did he just see the butterfly and he says no and then pushes me from behind to walk forward then walks ahead. That is when I noticed all those heavy feelings were completely gone and replaced with a familiar warmth, love and peace.

I have felt that during very sad and depressing times in my life but also when I'm fine and can sometimes feel God's presence. Like the time I experienced racism and never felt so bad until that experience just because the color of my skin. But then I saw her, that same angel who revealed herself when I was on an amusement park ride. She was sitting right across from me smiling the whole time but my mother never saw her and told me no one was there. This is how I know she's an angel. Anyway, after being in a daze I saw her again walking the opposite direction. She made sure to get my attention without ever saying a word. I will never forget her warm smile. This is how I also know that God exists and He cares and He loves me. He has always been there for me. There is only one God, one religion and I know in my mind, heart and soul there are barely any coincidences in a believer's life. All other religions are man-made. The traditions of men, not of God. Though I am sure there are some truth scattered here and there but is it the full truth and nothing but the truth?

At one point, my mother used to use the Ouija board. Though I was 4 or 5 years old, I saw things I didn't understand then. So if there is evil then there is good. Plus, encountering one of these spirits I was curious and wanted to grab those bright red eyes staring back at me because I wanted to know what it was. But a very strong male voice told me not to do it. I don't know, usually the description of God's voice as many waters I think. But if who I heard was in fact God, it sounded like echoes maybe like thunder. Of course, an angel who took the appearance of my dad told my mom to stay away from Ouija board and she did. Shortly after, we moved. I don't know how but my mom said the exact amount of money needed to put down on the house she wanted was underneath the couch cushions. Unfortunately, all those familiar spirits were still haunting that apartment and not too long after all the tenets started moving out. The owner even tried to sell the building to my parents but they said no. To this day that apartment is boarded up and have not been lived in since.

The red pill or the blue pill? You know, it's funny how some movies labeled fiction actually have some truth to it. But no one will ever know because it's all fiction...right?

I believe he existed, but I don't see any more actual evidence that he was divine than there is evidence that the ancient greek gods were di

• Evidence as in "Oh I just have faith it's real," I assume.

I believe he existed, but I don't see any more actual evidence that he was divine than there is evidence that the ancient greek gods were di

• Christian....fundamentalists....

• [removed]

I believe. But like @FORTLEE, I believe he is a prophet and not the Son of God.

• No.

After I became an athiest, my life's been better.

• edited February 2017

This ⬆

Art2Heart posted: »

That may be...but we are in the last generation that began in 1948 when Israel became a nation. This 2nd heaven and earth age will eventuall

• edited February 2017

This is exactly what the Romans said about their gods being gradually replaced with Christian gods though. They were outraged that their moral system was being replaced with another and that their gods were being taken out of their society. It's a natural consequence of change to think that everything's going to shit.

Anyone can claim to be of God, doesn't mean they are. Wolves in sheep clothing. That is true. There are plenty of Christians who are not rea

• edited February 2017

So basically it's because of the society and family you grew up in and latching onto it, as opposed to a choice based on considering all available religions and evidence supporting them? How can you be so confident you happened to grow up in the society where this belief system is the most dominant, where, born in India or Israel or the Amazon, you would have the same belief in a completely different god due to how you were brought up?

The only way I can see around it is if you argue all religions are symbols of the same god or gods. But that doesn't tally with just how different some gods are - for example the God of Christianity, Judaism and Islam is just so massively different to those of the ancient Greeks that I don't know how they could possibly be one and the same.

Speaking for myself. It's not something that is easy to explain or even put into words. Ever since I was young I always felt this special

• I'm not here for an argument. I was just answering the topic of the thread....

• Do you think he existed?

I think he existed to the extent there was a real historical figure upon which Jesus was based; a Galilean Jew preacher with a following, baptised by John, and crucified by the Romans. I think his legend was exaggerated, akin to Robin Hood and William Wallace, though unlike them, this actually led into a religion.

Do you think he was the Son Of God/God himself?

No. I see no evidence of that - and since I'm not devout, I'm not taking it on faith. My views on such things are more in line with apatheism, than atheism, though.

And do you think his teachings are still practical for today's world?

Well, some are - these certainly are still practical:

• Thou shalt not kill
    • Thou shalt not steal
    • Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour
    • Thou shalt not covet
    • Thou shalt not commit adultery

Also, worth noting, the most powerful and prosperous country to have ever existed, is a Judeo-Christian one founded on teachings such as humanity being made in god's image, god given rights (which is mentioned in the Declaration of Independence) so while the factual basis is poor, the practicality is evidently less so - even today, I still think, despite feeling no personal connection one way or the other.

• I believe he was real as an actual person, but not as the son of God.

• As a normal human, I can imagine him being real at some point in the ancient past. But all the magical stuff about miracles, god etc. is just garbage. I'm too old for fairytales.

• Evolution is still a theory actually, it hasn't been proven

Hahaha nice one! What a funny a joke

Evolution is still a theory actually, it hasn't been proven. many, NOT ALL Thanks for not assuming tho

• Yeah, but I respect people who don't, and I understand why.

Hell, even if I wasn't religious, I still think there's some good lessons to be learned from the Bible.

• @Flog61 My mother is Christian but she rarely ever went to church because of bad experiences when she was younger of the pastors, etc. trying to have sex and/or molest her. Despite everything that has happened to my mother, how did she still believe in God? Well, I believe also like me, we held on to our intuition which allows us to see things for what they really are. So there is no mistakes to believe that all Christians are the same or all churches are the same. Or all people the same.

Now my grandmother usually goes to church every Sunday and gets involved in church activities. I had to live with my grandmother for a year so I could go to school just for the first grade. It's not a coincidence that my grandmother introduced me into Christianity. But remember, children aren't stupid and are quite intelligent and capable of making their own minds up about anything. Though, as children grow and mature depending on their life events, so does their awareness of the world around them. Of course, some children are brainwashed to think and act a certain way which it seems people think I am one of them. Like I have no mind of my own, like I never chose for myself to accept Jesus Christ in my life. They wouldn't let any child or anyone get baptized who didn't know what it meant or why it is done or if it was not their choice. My dad does not go to church. I think my aunts go to church but they also go around introducing Jesus Christ to anyone who is interested. I love my aunts on my dad's side of the family, they are so sweet. Can't say the same on my mom's side except that I love them.

Now I can if I want to explore the teachings of every religion there is but I already found enlightenment and total happiness in Jesus Christ. Why would I want to leave that behind when I already found all the answers I was looking for? Though, I do find having conversations with my dad and aunts interesting who identify as Jehovah Witnesses. From my perspective, I don't know if it really matters what a person calls themselves but rather what is important is that they know God's truth and follow in Jesus' footsteps. While I do identify with being Christian, I am of a spiritual nature, not religious. Meaning, I don't feel I have to go through the motions of going to church every Sunday, especially when I am not learning God's Word. But I have found a church, Shepherd's Chapel, that I feel teaches more than I have ever learned in any of my grandmother's churches.

Over the years, I have been less influenced by man and more influenced by Jesus and my mother. Because of that, I still have my intuition which guides me. In fact, everyone has intuition but for most it usually becomes minimal to non-existent because they allow themselves to fall asleep and don't even realize what's going on even if the truth is right in front of them. They won't see it, they will even deny it. The Walking Dead who walk among the earth. The spiritually dead that is. So many metaphors, symbolism, analogies, etc. Not everything is literal.

About society, ever since I was young even then I could see and understand things most could not. It's like looking from outside looking in. Seeing things in a different perspective.

"How can you be so confident you happened to grow up in the society where this belief system is the most dominant, where, born in India or Israel or the Amazon, you would have the same belief in a completely different god due to how you were brought up?"
    Would I? Would anyone that is meant to know and find the truth be denied that no matter where in the world they are? Even in places where being Christian might mean death yet they still find their calling. It is no coincidence. As far as persons being born in tribal civilizations will have the opportunity to get taught during the Millennium. God is just.

It's confusing, I know. But not everyone follows the same God. There is only one God, but not everyone knows Him. Because if they did, all those evil things God is against all people would not commit. Jesus Christ is God, as someone put it, in the flesh. How did He act when here on earth? What did He do, what did He teach, how did He live? What are the Ten Commandments? If God wanted any of us dead, then why are we still here? Is God about Love and Mercy or hate and destruction? http://biblehub.com/kjvs/mark/1.htm

Question everything. Take no one's word until you do your own research and come to your own conclusions. To add, based on facts. You will always find real world events and places, etc that gives evidence. If you or anyone is serious about finding the truth, you get there through Jesus Christ to see a lot more than you ever could before. Why? Because you chose to accept truth and He will reveal it to you, thus you begin your journey of having eyes to see and ears to hear. All you have to do is honestly accept Jesus Christ and believe. That's a start. Study His Word with understanding. Everything is all there if you do the homework. If you earnestly seek Him, you will find Him.

Okay, so because there is good and evil what does that mean? There are those who serve God and there are those who serve Satan. And then there are the lukewarm people. Now if the teachings are not from God then it is not the truth. Remember God is Truth, God is Life. Satan is deception, Satan is death. Anything not of God, is most likely of Satan. Who runs the world? Satan. Who is in control on the throne? God. Have you ever heard people saying, "I'm not of this world."? Well, it means they are picking up their cross and following Jesus Christ. That is freedom. Living through worldly affairs is bondage. For example: Don't you find it odd so many are addicted to their phones. Like they really feel like they can't live a minute without their phone. Not everyone but you get the idea. Everything and anything can be used as a distraction to keep you in place so you can't discover the truth. Because if the majority of the world knew God's truth and lived their lives accordingly, then Satan wouldn't have hold on this world. John 3:16 Through Jesus Christ we all may be saved but Satan wants us all dead. Spiritually dead. The death of our souls and will drag as many as will follow him to Hell.

Ask yourself, why do you think Christianity or anyone who knows God's truth are targeted? If it's all fairy tales then why kill Christians, why kill Jews? If Satan wants to rule this world into the dark and evilness then there cannot be any light or goodness to ruin it. But when the time comes, God will not allow evil to win. Good always conquers evil.

So basically it's because of the society and family you grew up in and latching onto it, as opposed to a choice based on considering all ava

• If you want to continue taking the blue pill...you will never know the truth. I really do hope and pray that more people wake up before it's too late. If you don't seek, you don't find. It's as simple as that. Stop being lazy and do your homework people! It's time to wake up!

fancies posted: »

Evidence as in "Oh I just have faith it's real," I assume.

• Science will do the talking, not some random telepathic voice that doesn't exist in my head.

If you want to continue taking the blue pill...you will never know the truth. I really do hope and pray that more people wake up before it's

• Would you believe in someone who does not believe in you?

God gives freewill. He is not going to persuade or force anyone to do anything.

You sure He doesn't perform miracles in present day? I didn't know you visited the whole population around the world and saw everything that there is to see.

Bad things can happen to good people and good things can happen to bad people...there are no advantages for any of us. Some people are corrupt and do horrible things to their fellow humans when in positions of power but instead of helping, they are a part of the problem, not the solution. That isn't God's fault, it's humans. If we listened to God, the world would be a better place.

Non believers are going to find out one way or another. Either by the end of their lifespan and they go to heaven and see it for themselves or by those still left alive during the end of this second heaven and earth age when the true Jesus Christ returns and every knee shall bow and know He is God. Be forewarned, the false one comes first. It's a test. Did you do your homework? Because heaven is a narrow road while Hell is a wide road.

The big question is: Jesus believe in me? I don't think so. So why should I believe in him? Did he come and talk to me or persuaded me

• Humans create their own problems. God observes and usually does not intervene unless it is His will. Remember, we all have free will. God is not going to force anyone to do anything because then free will would be useless.

Everyone who picks up their cross and follows Jesus Christ knows exactly what they are getting into and knows they will forever be rewarded, amen. This life here on earth is short, but the life God has prepared is eternal. No aging, no death, no illnesses, no sorrow and no pain. These earthly bodies are temporary. But our celestial bodies are perfect and everlasting. We (all my brothers and sisters in Christ) choose eternal life because God is of the Living, not of the dead.

How else would you explain those who know that being a Christian would get them killed if found out in certain places around the world? Think about it. Why would so many people risk their lives if it were something they were not sure of. Even in the Bible Christians were persecuted and murdered. Does that not happen today as well? Why? Because when you see the situation for what it is. it's a spiritual warfare. Good vs Evil. God vs Satan. Evil wants to reign supreme but in order to do that, the light of the world, the truth must die. But God will not allow that to happen. Good always conquers evil. It is written.

This battle is not ours but the Lord's.

Harpadarpa posted: »

I have no idea whether or not he existed as a man. I severely doubt he was the son of God. I severely doubt God exists at all. He punishes p

• No, Jesus believe in me

• You seem a lot like Josh Feuerstein, a lot of words, but not much evidence based substance. Not offending, just saying.

Would you believe in someone who does not believe in you? God gives freewill. He is not going to persuade or force anyone to do anything.

• A lot of terrible ones as well. I don't see why it coming from the Bible has any bearing on whether it is good or not. A lot of good ideas came from Socrates, yet we don't suggest any of his ideas were good because they came from him.

Yeah, but I respect people who don't, and I understand why. Hell, even if I wasn't religious, I still think there's some good lessons to be learned from the Bible.

• God gives people hope, yeah. But I'm beyond that. I've seen people get more than they ever deserve. And no hand of God came down to save them. No hand of God came down to save anyone.

I'm not saying God should force people to do things, I'm saying that I've seen horrible things happen to followers of Christ. Continued suffering, out of the control of the followers themselves.

As for the whole, "Why would Christians practice Christianity if it would get them killed" thing... What? People practice religion regardless of laws and threats regardless of which religion it is.

Humans create their own problems. God observes and usually does not intervene unless it is His will. Remember, we all have free will. God is

• I believe he was a real person but some stuff is really just a mystery like being a virgin and still having a kid I'm not disrespecting other people's beliefs but it just sounds impossible. But I kind of believe our spirit goes somewhere or something happens to it when we die.

• Not AGAIN, Flog. Not again. I did explain it, Tacitus (116 AD) writings do not give us any evidence.

I think it's pretty obvious he did exist as several Roman sources (e.g. Tacitus) can attest, there's just absolutely no evidence he was divine.

• Your comment has one fundamental flaw. Almost every other religion can be traced back to someone or some culture that formed it. Mohamad started Islam, we know that. The greek, roman and egyptian Gods all formed around the respective cultures as they came into being. But the belief in the God of the Bible can be traced back to people who lived long before any of those religions were born. The history of the bible has already been proven to be very accurate, and in the early parts of the Bible there are people who believed in God long before the other gods were invented. Judaism is the precursor to Christianity (not the culture of Israel, the belief in their God), and there is much evidence for it being the oldest religion. It's reasonable to say that it inspired all others, and we know that all others were created by man. I cannot prove it to you, but it is much more likely that the God of Judaism and Christianity came first, and though He may have been invented by man (though I don't believe He was), that still gives it a lot of weight.

I-am-BUMP posted: »

Do you believe in magic? And my less comedic response is do you believe in Thor? Do you believe in Ra? Do you believe in Aphrodite? Athen

• Uh, I don't think he is a proper noun.

Would you believe in someone who does not believe in you? God gives freewill. He is not going to persuade or force anyone to do anything.

• Dear pr0dz. I don't know why you think I want an argue. Everything I wrote was compatible with holy books. There was no reason to report me to PC Moderators.

I'm Muslim. It's okay to be curious.

• edited February 2017

KKK are indeed a vulgar group, as are the Black Panthers. Filled with nothing but hate and intolerence!

However, Islam too is known for hate and intolerance. It's no secret that groups like ISIS and Alquieda outright kill any non-believers, that gays are to be killed based on their sexuality, treat women as slaves, and condone and even outright approve of the molestation of children.

And yes, unfortunately there have been many disgusting things done in the name of Christianity.

However, I'm pert-near positive that they're not things that Jesus would have approved of, and I say that based on the teachings of Christ himself when he said things like:

"As you want men to do unto you, do the same unto them." Go against the idea of killing any non-believers.

"Judge not, and ye shall not be judged." Since every human being is a sinner, what right to we have to condemn each other?

"One day some parents brought their children to Jesus so he could lay his hands on them and pray for them. But the disciples scolded the parents for bothering him.

But Jesus said, “Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to those who are like these children." And he placed his hands on their heads and blessed them before he left."

Nothing perverted in how Jesus treated children, so why obviously he would never approve of such disgusting things be done toward them.

I was raised Catholic, though I wouldn't say I'm a good Catholic, or at least that's what my family says about me, it's cuz I do have some disagreements about some of the Church's teachings, and for the fact that I don't go to Church anymore.

This discussion has been closed.