Good Game Recommendations for Telltale Fans Thread (Suggest games like Telltale here)

2»

Comments

• At least try the newest Deus Ex, but wait for a price drop though. The only reason it ended up disappointing was because of its abrupt ending that pissed people off in a similar fashion to Mass Effect 3. Aside from the ending, the rest of the game is a blast! It nails in the art direction, the vastness of the city hub, its side quests, level design, and its handling of how you approach your objective.

AronDracula posted: »

I want to play Deus Ex and Mass Effect trilogy but I can't because they are not ported on PS4 and their latest games, from what I heard, ended up disappointing.

• edited May 2017

[removed]

AronDracula posted: »

I want to play Deus Ex and Mass Effect trilogy but I can't because they are not ported on PS4 and their latest games, from what I heard, ended up disappointing.

• edited May 2017

I'm gonna put an anti-recommendation to any of David Cages games because holy crap they are all extremely bad I'm surprised people are suggesting them, although I guess you might be able to get some enjoyment over how bad they are, is there a counter on how many times Ellen Paige and Madison from Heavy Rain almost get raped or have a sexy shower?

• edited June 2017

Reviving this thread because I would like to find more games like Telltale :)

Here are two more games that I have found:

• 1979 Revolution: Black Friday- This one is pretty interesting. The game takes place in the Iranian revolution and you have to make dialogue choices clearly inspired by Telltale. It's almost like a documentary with telltale style gameplay. Only problem is the ending kinds sucks, so keep that in mind if you decide to give it a go.

• Emily is Away- Another game that is seemingly inspired by Telltale. Emily is Away is a game about chatting with a girl named Emily through a AOL. First one is free and the sequel is five dollars, try out the first one for yourself.

• Be warned, 1979 Revolution has potential, but it missed the oppurtunity. That game has the worst story I have ever seen with the most terrible voice acting you can ever find in a video game.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

Reviving this thread because I would like to find more games like Telltale Here are two more games that I have found: * 1979 Revol

• edited June 2017

I really liked 1979, but its lack of an actual ending is a major killer. If it was episodic it wouldn't be an issue, but its a single game with maybe a sequel in a few years. It is only 6 bucks now though, so for that price its worth looking at.

Reviving this thread because I would like to find more games like Telltale Here are two more games that I have found: * 1979 Revol

• Just watched the trailer for Detroit: Become Human and it looks awesome!

Hmm... Honestly, I felt kinda disappointment after watching the trailer. I thought it looked kinda generic. Will still keep my eye on it, though.

BroKenny posted: »

Wow! Just watched the trailer for Detroit: Become Human and it looks awesome! Will definitely buy it when it comes out. Thanks, man! Also yeah I left Beyond out because I didn't really like Heavy Rain so never bothered playing Beyond.

• enter image description here

Jaku2011 posted: »

I'm gonna put an anti-recommendation to any of David Cages games because holy crap they are all extremely bad I'm surprised people are sugge

• Eh I do see where you're coming from, though I have heard much worse voice acting in other games. 1979 is a very flawed game but I was able to look past all it's faults right up until the ending which seemed very rushed. Still the historical aspect was very interesting and the game can be completed in 2 hours or less, so it's possible to get a refund if the game was too disappointing. I still recommend at least giving it a look.

Be warned, 1979 Revolution has potential, but it missed the oppurtunity. That game has the worst story I have ever seen with the most terrible voice acting you can ever find in a video game.

• Indeed. But the fact that the release date is 2016 is simply unacceptable. GTA Vice City was released in 2001 and had superb telltale quality voice acting.

Eh I do see where you're coming from, though I have heard much worse voice acting in other games. 1979 is a very flawed game but I was able

• Eh Vice City's age aside its not really fair to compare the voice acting of a AAA game to that of an indie game like 1979. It's clear from the production values that 1979 was made on a pretty tight budget, so personally I could forgive the voice acting. Even then it wasn't completely terrible, maybe average at best.

Indeed. But the fact that the release date is 2016 is simply unacceptable. GTA Vice City was released in 2001 and had superb telltale quality voice acting.

• But seriously, I couldn't continue playing because all the characters were too forgettable.

Eh Vice City's age aside its not really fair to compare the voice acting of a AAA game to that of an indie game like 1979. It's clear from t

• pretty much.

Never play cliche Cage games.

Especially one with Bill Cosby.

• This'll be useful for when Detroit comes out

Sign in to comment in this discussion.