Talia & Walder Frey

(NOTE: I'm offering this concept as someone with very minimal knowledge of the GoT world, in books or television. If you list any reasons why this idea can't come to pass, I'm sure they're all correct.)

What if Talia Forrester were to somehow become a servant girl for Walder Frey in season 2? It wouldn't be too much of a stretch for Walder to enjoy the irony of having a Forrester child at his beck and call after playing his part in the destruction of their house. Keeping in character, he could make a few playfully nasty suggestions about taking her on as a possible wife once she's of proper breeding age. It could also allow for some interesting dialogue possibilities between Talia and Frey in the same vein as Mira and Cersei's conversations in season 1.

Perhaps during one dinner sequence, Walder Frey could make a semi-sarcastic order for Talia to sing. The player could have Talia oblige or refuse. If Talia sings, we could be treated to one brief moment when Frey, one of the most shamelessly horrible people in all of Westeros, actually seems somewhat moved by Talia's song. It could be a dark variation of the scene where Pippin sings to Denethor from "Lord of the Rings: Return of the King."

Obviously this storyline would depend on whether season 2 takes place during season 6 of the television show. Frey's death would happen off-screen while Talia is elsewhere inside The Twins, much like how Mira and Morgryn were close by when Joffrey was poisoned.

Comments

• I like it :)

It has a similar appeal to Mira's storyline. I wouldn't go as far to call it court intrigue but you'd get to play Talia in a more witty role. Not exactly sure how this would come to pass through.

• good idea but how will Talia end up with Walder Frey. i mean it's possible but i think she will end up with the whitehill girl with the blonde hair no matter what.

• Very interesting but I am curious as to how Talia will end up at the Twins with the Whitehills hunting her down. I'll be amazed if Telltale can get David Bradley. Would be very interesting if Talia and Arya conspire together.

• Gwyn?

BigGazMan posted: »

good idea but how will Talia end up with Walder Frey. i mean it's possible but i think she will end up with the whitehill girl with the blonde hair no matter what.

• edited May 2017

Two things would make me buy the S2 season pass in the blink of an eye: 1) Asher/Rodrik surviving the entire season, and 2) David Bradley coming on board. I LOVE that guy.

It might be cool if Talia were to bump into Arya while she's wearing her Hall of Faces mask (she wouldn't know it's Arya, although the player would). Then Talia could inadvertently witness Frey's murder when she's about to enter the dining hall. Even better: Talia could be the one who was about to serve Frey his actual meal before Arya got to him first.

Very interesting but I am curious as to how Talia will end up at the Twins with the Whitehills hunting her down. I'll be amazed if Telltale can get David Bradley. Would be very interesting if Talia and Arya conspire together.

• yes her

Gwyn?

• I suppose Arya would be all hush-hush even if she and Talia were friends back before Robert came to Winterfell. Conspiring with Arya might ruin the surprise but it would still be fun.

Two things would make me buy the S2 season pass in the blink of an eye: 1) Asher/Rodrik surviving the entire season, and 2) David Bradley co

• Talia always ends up in the last scene with Rodrik/Asher, but depending on your choices the other person who is there can be Duncan, Royland or Gwyn.

BigGazMan posted: »

good idea but how will Talia end up with Walder Frey. i mean it's possible but i think she will end up with the whitehill girl with the blonde hair no matter what.

• I'm not sure David Bradley would be willing to do voice acting. TellTale will probably get more TV characters for the second season, but having Walder Frey, as good of a villain as he is, wouldn't add much to the story I don't think.

• He provided voice acting for a character on "The Sarah Jane Adventures," so he's not a complete stranger to the profession. As for Walder Frey not adding much to the story...well, it depends on what the story will be, don't you think? ;)

I'm not sure David Bradley would be willing to do voice acting. TellTale will probably get more TV characters for the second season, but having Walder Frey, as good of a villain as he is, wouldn't add much to the story I don't think.

• Neither would I, but it's always fun to speculate.

AgentZ46 posted: »

I like it It has a similar appeal to Mira's storyline. I wouldn't go as far to call it court intrigue but you'd get to play Talia in a more witty role. Not exactly sure how this would come to pass through.

• edited May 2017

"It wouldn't be too much of a stretch for Walder to enjoy the irony of having a Forrester child at his beck and call after playing his part in the destruction of their house." I doubt Lord Walder knows of a house that has House Glover as their liege Lord. Forresters aren't Glovers, House Forrester is a very insignificant one). If he did know who the Forresters were, after the death of his wife at the hands of Catelyn Stark, I fear for poor Talia (Walder has a 15YO wife, and her honey is all his, remember ?)

Could be interesting, but since my Asher will be a Playable character, I'll decide to sail back to Essos to escape from the Whitehills/Boltons, provided I'm given this choice, which I really hope (surviving in Westeros is going to be a real nasty experience, and I have allies on the other side of the narrow sea, and you can count on me to take Talia with me). Marching to the neck is dangerous, no allies there, to say the least.

• So Talia in the Twins?Red wedding's foreshadowing and awkward situation s for the poor girl.
    But seriously why this hype about Talia's too next season being such a minor character on season 1.I saw like 6 post in this forum treating the same topic over over and over...

It tires me a bit but let me give you my opinion:
    Talia won't be in the Twins(best for her) and will remain on the f u c k i n g North maybe play a role there...I don't know I'm not one of the writers buddies but I don't see this thing happen

Sign in to comment in this discussion.