Game Recommendation Thread (Suggest any game you like!)

I made a thread like this a while back for games like Telltale but I thought it'd be better to create a thread where people can recommend any game they want.

Here you can bring attention to any game that you really like and want to share. Just be sure to leave a link to the store page if possible and a description detailing why you recommend it.

Tagged:

Comments

• If you want to feel like a badass:

• Metal Gear Solid 5 The Phantom Pain
    • Doom 2016

If you want great stories:

• Uncharted series
    • The Last of Us
    • GTA 4

If you want horror:

• Resident Evil HD Remaster and 7
    • Alien Isolation
    • Outlast 1 and Whistleblower DLC

That's all I have in my mind right now.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited June 2017

Ace Attorney, everyone must play Ace Attorney.

As for other recommendations I'd suggest these:

Zero Escape series (999, Virtue's Last Reward and Zero Time Dilemma in that order)

Danganronpa series

To The Moon (make sure to play both of the minisodes)

Persona series (start wherever you want, just know it's harder to go back to previous iterations due to new additions)

• Bloodborne- i seen some people play this game and it never really got my attention, but one day it was on a hell of a sale so i bought it, barely 20 dlls, and i got to say thats one the best purchases i've ever done. its so good. its definitely worth buying without a sale, hell it was worth buyin at full price when it came out but i just didnt know it. i think its on a discount rn so go get it now.

Witcher 3- this one i did buy it sort of new when it first came out, but now it has a bunch of sales on it so its a must play. 19.99 get it. complete with all its dlc. too good to pass.

• Bump because Steam Summer sale is coming up and I would like to find new games

• great stories
    The Last of Us

pardon me?

AronDracula posted: »

If you want to feel like a badass: * Metal Gear Solid 5 The Phantom Pain * Doom 2016 If you want great stories: * Uncharted s

• It's true. Maybe you didn't like it but it is true.

great stories The Last of Us pardon me?

• edited June 2017

Well, it's not true. It's just your opinion. I agree with your opinion, but I won't really tell people that it is true.
    They can try it, and see for themselves if it is good or not.

yeah I'm just trying to stop a potential fight here guys, but I'm trying to think as objectively as I possibly can right now, so all parties can benefit.

It's true. Maybe you didn't like it but it is true.

• make sure to play both of the minisodes

Yeah, they're good.
    Btw, have we gotten any more details on the sequel? It's been teased but I haven't heard much of it for quite a few years now.

dojo32161 posted: »

Ace Attorney, everyone must play Ace Attorney. As for other recommendations I'd suggest these: Zero Escape series (999, Virtue's Last

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    AChicken posted: »

make sure to play both of the minisodes Yeah, they're good. Btw, have we gotten any more details on the sequel? It's been teased but I haven't heard much of it for quite a few years now.

• UHHHH... YES. Coming soon? Woohoo!

enter image description here

You just made my day.

dojo32161 posted: »

http://store.steampowered.com/app/337340/Finding_Paradise/

• My recommendations

1. Shadow of Mordor (one of the best action-adventures i have ever played)
    2. Stellaris (don't buy this if you are turned off by huge civilization type strategy games) (PC exclusive)
    3. Subnautica (i can personally recommend this game if you like hardcore survival with horror elements)
    4. Civilization 5 (i LOVE this game, but like i said with Stellaris, don't buy it if you're not a fan of hardcore strategy/civ manager games) (PC exclusive)
    5. Dark souls (easily one of the best games i have ever played, but you won't like it if you are not a fan of really difficult games or don't have a lot of patience)
    6. XCOM: Enemy Unknown/Enemy Within (one of my favorite game of all time, i would personally recommend XCOM: Enemy Within, also if you don't like hardcore strategy or difficulty, this is not your game)
  • Here's a list of my game recommendations:

• Danganronpa series.
    • Fallout: New Vegas.
    • Dishonored.
    • NieR Gestalt (if you have an Xbox 360 or a PS3, then definitely get this one).
    • NieR: Automata.
    • Postal 2.
  • Uh, it's actually not. The story is really derived, cliche and predictable. If you've ever seen a zombie movie or show before you can pretty much guess what happens all the way to the end.

but what do i know i'm just a faggot on the internet

It's true. Maybe you didn't like it but it is true.

• edited June 2017

Games in having great fun with right now

Horizon Zero Dawn
    Persona 5
    Battlefield 1 (with friends)
    NieR Automata (I havent got far but its great)

• If you want a great story, play The Last of Us and Portal 2.

Two of my favorite games of all time.

• The characters were what made the story so good and the game just a joy to play through. Gameplay was also awesome as well.

Uh, it's actually not. The story is really derived, cliche and predictable. If you've ever seen a zombie movie or show before you can pretty much guess what happens all the way to the end. but what do i know i'm just a faggot on the internet

• Hotline Miami and Hotline Miami 2

enter image description here

Both incredibly enjoyable as a challenging fast-paced set of video games about brutally murdering large groups of enemies, and it doubles over as a nicely rich narrative about psychological damage and irreversible post traumatic stress.

As intriguing as it is fun.

• 3:47 to 4:47 would like to have a word with you

Uh, it's actually not. The story is really derived, cliche and predictable. If you've ever seen a zombie movie or show before you can pretty much guess what happens all the way to the end. but what do i know i'm just a faggot on the internet

• 100% agree with that one. The characters and gameplay definitely made the game worth playing. The gameplay is the most mind blowingly fantastic aspect of it.

The characters were what made the story so good and the game just a joy to play through. Gameplay was also awesome as well.

• edited June 2017

Unoriginality is a bad thing though. I understand however that cliches can be used in a good way and I never said they couldn't, but honestly the cliches aren't used well enough in TLOU.

EDIT: But honestly a big problem isn't even how the cliches are used. My biggest problem is how you can see literally every plot point from a mile away and nothing is effective.

Ekelund21 posted: »

3:47 to 4:47 would like to have a word with you

• Oceanhorn's a pretty fun Zelda clone if you have a PS4.

• Gal gun double peace with some baby metal playing in the background

• cliches can be used in a good way and I never said they couldn't

The way you said it made it come of as you implied that though.

the cliches aren't used well enough in TLOU.

Have to disagree on that.

My biggest problem is how you can see literally every plot point from a mile away and nothing is effective.

Well how you felt and experienced it is nothing I can dispute, just that the story worked very well for me. How you think you're playing as the good guy, trying to save humanity, but is forced to not only kill the several Firefly soldiers (the supposed actual good people of this universe) in the hospital level, but also at least one of the doctors. All because Joel doesn't wanna go through the same thing with Ellie as he did with everyone before her, putting a very big strain on their relationship, even lying to her about why they didn't go through with the surgery, when all she wanted was to help humanity because of her survivors guilt (her speech at the end "I'm still waiting for my turn"). Also wanna add to what was said above, how it's the characters that made to story so enjoyable for me.

And I also want to know which zombie stories used this exact story; zombie apocalypse happens, one person turns out to be immune and they're gonna attempt to make a vaccine, but another person interferes because they don't wanna loose said immune person. Reason I'm asking is because I'm not that familiar with the zombie genre, and I thought it would be cool to see which exact movies/books/games this story took it's inspirations from.

Unoriginality is a bad thing though. I understand however that cliches can be used in a good way and I never said they couldn't, but honestl

• edited June 2017

How you think you're playing as the good guy, trying to save humanity, but is forced to not only kill the several Firefly soldiers (the supposed actual good people of this universe) in the hospital level, but also at least one of the doctors.

Personally I feel Silent Hill 2 does the whole "you may have been the bad guy all along" story way better.

And I also want to know which zombie stories used this exact story; zombie apocalypse happens, one person turns out to be immune and they're gonna attempt to make a vaccine, but another person interferes because they don't wanna loose said immune person. Reason I'm asking is because I'm not that familiar with the zombie genre, and I thought it would be cool to see which exact movies/books/games this story took it's inspirations from.

There are a few, but not a lot with ALL of these things, VERY few of them do the person being the cure thing though. But I Am Legend, The Road and Children of Men all come to mind (which are all way more fantastic and spectacular than TLOU might I add) although Children of Men isn't exactly zombies, but has a similar tone. There are however plenty of bits and pieces of TLOU's story that was completely stolen from various zombie media. You

Honestly the Last of Us is a fantastic game. It's one of the best games of 2013 and I REEEEEALLY enjoyed playing it. But the over praise the story gets kind of upsets me when games that DO have amazing stories which might I add are 100% original get swept under the rug. The Last of Us doesn't have a horrible story and the characters and world building do really strengthen the game, not to mention the notes all over the ground that really are emotional and enhance the story. But people calling it the "best story in gaming" or saying it's a fantastic story just doesn't feel right to me. Personally I believe Silent Hill 3, Dark Souls, Ultimate Spider-Man and Metal Gear Solid 3/4 deserve FAR more praise.

• Wow. This makes "Everything Wrong with" videos much more entertaining and refreshing. I don't have to wallow in despair and sadness about all the faults of it, as this guy manages to find a reasonable, logical, in-universe explanation to things.
    Nice! ;)

3:47 to 4:47 would like to have a word with you

• There are however plenty of bits and pieces of TLOU's story that was completely stolen from various zombie media.

While I do acknowledge some similar tropes and themes with the movies/games you mentioned, I can't help but to feel like they aren't really similar enough overall to consider TLOU 'unoriginal' (I'm not too familiar with SH 2 though), more like inspired by them, which, I know, is a big grey area when it comes to originality.
    In my opinion, TLOU did an amazing job at putting all those pieces together to create a great story.

How you think you're playing as the good guy, trying to save humanity, but is forced to not only kill the several Firefly soldiers (the supp

• That's fair, I suppose. Good point.

There are however plenty of bits and pieces of TLOU's story that was completely stolen from various zombie media. While I do acknowl

Sign in to comment in this discussion.