What's This Game Called Bubsy?

I'm looking a twitt right now and they are going nuts like some are sad and angry about this.

Bubsy: The Woolies Strike Back announced for PS4/Steam like WTF is this?

Tagged:

Comments

• edited June 2017

Looking At TwitterAlso one twitter user said this "The internet is at fault for Bubsy's revival".

• stirpicusstirpicus Telltale Alumni

During the 90s after Sonic the Hedgehog first came out, EVERYONE was trying to make new video games with "edgy" cartoon player characters in hopes that they could make the "new Sonic."

Bubsy was one of the silliest examples and also one that was seen as a bit of a "tryhard" - They just tried reeeeally hard to make Bubsy into a "thing."

More recently, there was an unofficial indie game called Bubsy 3D that was kind of an art piece and super weird...

In a nutshell, Bubsy has become kind of a shorthand for "90s video game character people don't remember."

• edited June 2017

So in short answer the internet and everybody doesn't like him

stirpicus posted: »

During the 90s after Sonic the Hedgehog first came out, EVERYONE was trying to make new video games with "edgy" cartoon player characters in

• Senpai! Notice me!

During the 90s after Sonic the Hedgehog first came out, EVERYONE was trying to make new video games with "edgy" cartoon player characters in

• You it's funny this is going to be on Sony's E3 conference and they are literally making a game that you and everybody else hates

• OH MY GOD THEY'RE BRINGING IT BACK?!
    WHYYYYYYY?!
    Just... just listen to his voice! WARNING: You will regret it!

Even the website looks awful, full of moving, distracting .gifs and really weird stuff... For example, it says this at the bottom of the page:

youtube people: you have permission to make vids of this game & to monetize those vids to make $$$$$.

• Ugh... Five seconds listening to this and I already want to strangle him

OH MY GOD THEY'RE BRINGING IT BACK?! WHYYYYYYY?! Just... just listen to his voice! WARNING: You will regret it! Even the website look

• This JonTron video will help bring you up to speed.

• Hey I know this might be creepy but I just looked at your profile and saw you where a writer in twd season 2 ep4. That was a really good episode!

• You went for five whole seconds!? That's amazing!

Clemenem posted: »

Ugh... Five seconds listening to this and I already want to strangle him

• Bubsy:a telltale series

• I got to about 30 seconds. When he said "Don't say I didn't warn ya!" I instantly questioned why the hell I didn't listen to your warning...

You went for five whole seconds!? That's amazing!

• Okay, I watched some more (I guess I like torture... Just kidding ) and at 3:33, Bubsy says "Here, let me drive!" then he proceeds to make the most annoying car sounds for a full 19 seconds!!
    Atleast he warns us...
    VROOM VROOM BEEP BEEP SCREECHES VROOM

Acheive250 posted: »

I got to about 30 seconds. When he said "Don't say I didn't warn ya!" I instantly questioned why the hell I didn't listen to your warning...

• Yes! We will finally learn his backstory and how his extreme jealousy of Sonic the Hedgehog came to be!

zeke10 posted: »

Bubsy:a telltale series

• Oh god, HE'S back?

Seriously, how has he managed to make a return before Spyro the Dragon or Jak and Daxter? That's just wrong.

At least he wasn't in Sonic Forces, got a little worry he was actually going to be in that too.

• It's like those joke theories of him being in Sonic Forces were an omen of things to come.

CathalOHara posted: »

Oh god, HE'S back? Seriously, how has he managed to make a return before Spyro the Dragon or Jak and Daxter? That's just wrong. At least he wasn't in Sonic Forces, got a little worry he was actually going to be in that too.

• bubsy had 3 shitty games, a bad tv show, a bunch of internet memers made jokes about him being a god and amazing just ironically and then bubsy came back and we're all scared.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.