Am I the only one NOT excited for CoD WWII

To me it looks like the same game we've had for like 15 years now, basically looks like WaW, yet somehow worse.

I know fans will gobble it up, but once again, I'm going to skip this year's CoD... for like the 4th time.

Tagged:

Comments

• I was never excited for any Call of Duty games, it's same goddamn game over and over again. Shooting, tanks, death, no story-telling etc. This overrated franchise should have died a long time ago.

• I haven't played COD since Ghost. That game really soured the franchise for me. The campaign was decent though. It was a good story with poor execution.

I'm tempted to get back into Black Ops though as I've always enjoyed Treyarchs COD games as they feel like actual effort was put into them. Seriously, Black Ops 2's campaign is incredible.

• Don't play Black Ops 3 if you liked Black Ops 2. Black Ops 2 had my favorite campaign (It combined choices with a shooter, that was great!)

Black Ops 3 didn't have ANYTHING to do with Black Ops 1/2 at all and was merely a cash grab.

AgentZ46 posted: »

I haven't played COD since Ghost. That game really soured the franchise for me. The campaign was decent though. It was a good story with poo

• Well, some of them had good storytelling.

MW1-3
    BLOPS

Black Ops 2 had one of my favorite campaigns in gaming, I'm a sucker for choosing who lives and dies/what you do at the end of the game/multiple endings.

Tanks were never drivable... Unless it was campaign... Guess what, they still won't be drivable in WWII which is sad.

AronDracula posted: »

I was never excited for any Call of Duty games, it's same goddamn game over and over again. Shooting, tanks, death, no story-telling etc. This overrated franchise should have died a long time ago.

• So you didn't enjoy it? I don't need it to be a direct continuation so long as it's enjoyable.

Don't play Black Ops 3 if you liked Black Ops 2. Black Ops 2 had my favorite campaign (It combined choices with a shooter, that was great!) Black Ops 3 didn't have ANYTHING to do with Black Ops 1/2 at all and was merely a cash grab.

• Well, the thing about it is... It felt a lot like Advanced Warfare's campaign, and in all honesty, I didn't care the entire time, even though it was asking you to care.

Maybe it was just me... but I hated Blops 3. Multiplayer was awful, campaign was rubbish... I felt like it did not live up to how great Black Ops 2 was.

So you didn't enjoy it? I don't need it to be a direct continuation so long as it's enjoyable.

• I'm not excited for the next instalment. World War games do not work with COD's mechanics.

It doesn't look unappealing, visually, though. I'm also open to their new zombie mode: footage for this has not been revealed. I'm hoping for obvious Dead Space influences.

I won't agree that every COD has been the same. There has been plenty of variation on the future theme: Ghost was post apocalyptic, Advance Warfare was private military, Black Ops 3 was machine conflict + an added decent into fantasy, Infinity Warfare was spaced theme.

Although, I wouldn't recommend playing COD's every year. There mechanics are iterated on every game. Hence it takes a while for them to feel different.

• I complete disagree about Black Ops 3 being a cash grab. It offers the most value to me. Every game mode is filled with creative energy in my opinion.

I can understand your frustration that the campaign wasn't a continuation to the other stories. That doesn't have to take away from this games story.

Black Ops 3 campaign is the best narrative campaign I've seen from COD. This is a controversial opinion, though. This is because the narrative is obscured deliberately.

Don't play Black Ops 3 if you liked Black Ops 2. Black Ops 2 had my favorite campaign (It combined choices with a shooter, that was great!) Black Ops 3 didn't have ANYTHING to do with Black Ops 1/2 at all and was merely a cash grab.

• Well, not really, Ghost didn't have any different gameplay, it just was set differently.

The games are surely set in different times, yes, but they certainly barely ever changed the mechanics of the game. I mean, Advanced Warfare, Bo3, and IW were all nearly the same gameplay wise.

I saw the video explaining why BO3's campaign was great, but I hated it, and that video won't change that; i can see where people like it though.

BO3's gameplay and PVP were awful to me, one of my least favorite CoD's to date.

XyzLewis posted: »

I'm not excited for the next instalment. World War games do not work with COD's mechanics. It doesn't look unappealing, visually, though.

• It is enjoyable mechanic's wise. You get cool robotic abilities and a save hub between most missions to customise your powers, weapons, armour, face, and sex.

You can also play coop with 4 people throughout the campaign too. Although, maybe save that for a rerun as you will definitely not focus on the story.

The story will be confusing and is definitely catered to mystery fans. It will require replaying the game to start unravelling the mysteries. There is nothing actually different by replaying the game, though.

The campaign excels at everything in terms of replay-ability. You can play missions in any order - don't try that on your first play-through. Unlock more robot abilities and guns to play around with. Collectables to discover - some with dialogue. Play with friends. There is even an alternative zombie mode,.

That being said, I don't find the level layouts themselves to be that repayable. They are linear, when in some parts it would of definitely helped if the layout was open. Your going to have to use your own robotic powers to make these play differently.

That's not even mentioning the other modes.

So you didn't enjoy it? I don't need it to be a direct continuation so long as it's enjoyable.

• It definitely sounds fun! I might eventually give it a go. Thanks for the info! ^_^

It is enjoyable mechanic's wise. You get cool robotic abilities and a save hub between most missions to customise your powers, weapons, armo

• edited June 2017

Admittedly, I didn't play advance warfare or infinite warfare. I do like to take breaks in my Call of Duty's. You do have plenty of different powers in Black Op's 3, though.

Which video are you talking about. Is this one of the ones that gives a theory on the plot. Some of them are good watches. It is up to the game to give a good impression first though. This campaign's ending doesn't wrap things up in a satisfying way.

The first video I watched on the campaign was a just a visual piece on a lot of the hints to the campaign. It was done well, so I never felt like someone was telling me what to think about the game.

PS: wait people like this campaign.

Well, not really, Ghost didn't have any different gameplay, it just was set differently. The games are surely set in different times, yes

• There is very few multiplayer games that ever gets me excited since Im not a big fan of multiplayer, but how Call of Duty can outsell games like the new Prey and stuff with their yearly rehash is simply such a sad thing to me

I'm not excited for Call of Duty, its the same game every year

• I've never been excited for a Call of Duty game... ever.

• This is franchise is not good anymore. I hope this game won't sell well even if I doubt it.

Well, some of them had good storytelling. MW1-3 BLOPS Black Ops 2 had one of my favorite campaigns in gaming, I'm a sucker for choos

• I've never played a COD game, so I couldn't give two shits about another one being released.

• edited June 2017

The moment when they said there would be no swastikas, women in combat and tossed reality and historical accuracy out of the door in general I just lost interest.

• It's what the fan base has been asking for years now. Personally yes I will be buying it because it will actually feel like Call of Duty again. Without jetpacking and wall running it wont be as hectic

• Black Ops 3 campaign is the best narrative campaign I've seen from COD.

But the characters that were in Black Ops 3 weren't as great or memorable as Black Ops 1 and 2 characters like Woods, Mason, Hudson etc. I honestly couldn't care what happened to someone like Taylor in the campaign. Narrative for me was ok but it didn't feel like the best (because of the story I stopped playing after 5 missions, which is pretty much half of the campaign). But I do feel Modern Warfare 2, Black Ops 1 and 2 did had more of a interesting and compelling narrative.

I complete disagree about Black Ops 3 being a cash grab. It offers the most value to me. Every game mode is filled with creative energy in m

• It's what everyone wanted. Which of course means that people will boycott it, claiming they've been asking for more Modern Warfare instead.

• edited June 2017

It's just a stupid logo, and the affirmation of community identity. COD games can't work for historical accurate themes as there whole game play system goes against realism. In this case, I think fantasy is a better route than historical accuracy.

Nightmare1 posted: »

The moment when they said there would be no swastikas, women in combat and tossed reality and historical accuracy out of the door in general I just lost interest.

• edited June 2017

Probably, just different voices complaining now. There seems to be a lot of people happy with this change in setting.

It's what everyone wanted. Which of course means that people will boycott it, claiming they've been asking for more Modern Warfare instead.

• Personally, I was on board with all of the characters. They all felt more alive than the other campaigns.

5 missions isn't very far. The story takes a weird turning point after that. And character motivations are deliberately out of place to the player. A play-through of the campaign's narrative can seem unsatisfactory at face value. What you will experience, by the end, is the execution of it's overall theme - which fits this war story.

I won't say anymore because of spoilers and I will leave you with the empty feeling of not being an completionist.

JK - There's not much reason to finish something you don't enjoy.

Menofthe214 posted: »

Black Ops 3 campaign is the best narrative campaign I've seen from COD. But the characters that were in Black Ops 3 weren't as great

• I'm not excited for it at all, but I don't doubt it'll be a good game

• I only play CoD because my brother over seas loves it. He's getting, so i guess i will too.

• Purposely removing the swastika just because "they don't fit with the spirit of CoD multiplayer" is just stupid, they are clearly doing it just so they dont hurt someones feelings since people apparently can't handle seeing a symbol in a virtual world in the time and places the Nazis existed. Might as well remove the hammer and sickle because you can apply the same thing to the Soviets because of their crimes against humanity during the war. Its just doesn't make sense. Again women in combat should only be applicable to the Soviets since they are the only country with women on the frontlines, maybe nurses if they can play it right will pretty good but the main thing that makes WW games good is the historical accuracy and realism not fantasy. Take a look at RO2 for example, its realistic, unbiased, and historically accurate (in single player obviously if you play both campaigns) and its still one of the most popular ww2 games.

It's just a stupid logo, and the affirmation of community identity. COD games can't work for historical accurate themes as there whole game play system goes against realism. In this case, I think fantasy is a better route than historical accuracy.

• You're asking if you're not the only one not excited for the new CoD game? Have you met the gaming community?

• I tend to enjoy Treyarch's approach to these games, but I'm not going to get this game if I don't have someone to play it with. It's a series that I'm good at, and it's a fun way to pass some time with friends, but it's not the type of game that I'll pour hours into everyday anymore.

So, I'm not hyped, but I don't dislike that it's coming out, either. What I can tell so far is that it doesn't have the same oppressing atmosphere, gore and dread in the multiplayer that WaW had, and that disappoints me. If they did have that, it might've been a day one purchase.

• I'm never excited for any COD game, I've never liked them lol

• Yeah I get you. Everyone has different tastes. You can spoil me anyway cause someone already spoiled the ending to me.

Personally, I was on board with all of the characters. They all felt more alive than the other campaigns. 5 missions isn't very far. The

• Nope. Not excited at all.

I've only ever played one COD game which was COD3 for about 20 minutes and that was years ago. I don't plan on ever playing one again.

• I haven't been into COD after BO2 came out. I just lost interest in the series besides the zombies mode. After Advanced Warfare came out, I was done.

BO1 is my favorite COD game, btw.

• Just to clarify. This game is not by Treyarch. The new WW2 game is by Sledgehammer.

Thematt9001 posted: »

I tend to enjoy Treyarch's approach to these games, but I'm not going to get this game if I don't have someone to play it with. It's a serie

• Who would be excited for junk food?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.