Should I get Until Dawn or the Heavy Rain + Beyond collection?

2»

Comments

• That twist isnt original either. Im fine with it being a homage to the older slashers but I dont like the stereotypes they dont deserve to be homaged.

I know it was supposed to have that cheese but it didn't it wasnt funny or outrageous there weren't many entertaining deaths or oneliners the characters weren't quirky or even likeable except the ones where "likable" was the character trait, it didn't have the charm imo, it didnt even have sex, drugs OR rock and roll, pretty weak homage. C'mon a group of nubile teens get together in the mountains and dont party WTF they just have a bath and go to bed, ive never seen a slasher that boring.

Deadly tower of monsters had b-movie cheese this was just hollywood self felating

Lahkesis posted: »

That was the point though, all the characters are obvious cliches from your typical slasher. It's supposed to have that 80's B-movie cheese.

• edited June 2017

Oookay then, your opinion buddy.

That twist isnt original either. Im fine with it being a homage to the older slashers but I dont like the stereotypes they dont deserve to b

• You know Until Dawn's cliches and reused plot is the point, right? The game was made to be a love letter to 80's slashers. Doesn't make them any more overused though.

• I'm gonna add this as a point for Until Dawn there are enough characters to split them half and half between two people (make sure one has the main guy and the other has the main girl.) I did this with my friend and we blew through the game in one day and it may have been one of the most entertaining "coop" experiences I have ever had.

• Same could be said for Heavy Rain. My first playthrough was with my Cousin who got Ethan and Norman, while I got Shelby and Madison. It was a lot of fun.

Jaku2011 posted: »

I'm gonna add this as a point for Until Dawn there are enough characters to split them half and half between two people (make sure one has t

• edited June 2017

Sure I'd say the terrible acting and Cringey David Cageism's could even add to the experience. I'd still say I prefer the quality of Until Dawn, not to mention there are more opportunities in Until Dawn to affect other characters with your decisions making the two person deal more fun whereas Heavy Rain is mostly each character doing their own thing until near the end.

Same could be said for Heavy Rain. My first playthrough was with my Cousin who got Ethan and Norman, while I got Shelby and Madison. It was a lot of fun.

• Me remaking The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly but changing the names, doesn't make it as good.

I just didn't like the game and I LOVE 80's slashers.

You know Until Dawn's cliches and reused plot is the point, right? The game was made to be a love letter to 80's slashers. Doesn't make them any more overused though.

• No matter which game you get, don't go in thinking that the game will be either good or bad based on all of our comments so far; it might hinder your experience. Who knows? You might hate Until Dawn and like Heavy Rain/Beyond. Go in with zero expectations.

• Until Dawn has WAY more content.

• Oh I'm not saying the game is good just because it's a love letter, nor am I saying you have to like it. I'm just saying there's a reason it's story is the way it is.

Johro posted: »

Me remaking The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly but changing the names, doesn't make it as good. I just didn't like the game and I LOVE 80's slashers.

• That's fair.

Oh I'm not saying the game is good just because it's a love letter, nor am I saying you have to like it. I'm just saying there's a reason it's story is the way it is.

• All three are good. My order of preference is: Heavy Rain > Until Dawn > Beyond Two Souls

Heavy Rain's story was the best IMO. I feel like HR utilised the aspect of multiple perspectives better than UD and that you felt connected with the characters more so in the former than the latter. It also had a great and well-executed plot twist at the end.

• You know I can see your all your edits in my feed, ive never seen so many variants of "k buddy" in one place

Oookay then, your opinion buddy.

• edited June 2017

If you're a fan of choices matter/episodic style games (which you obviously are) get the Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls combo. Until Dawn is fun, but it's pretty linear imo. The only real choices are invested in who lives and who dies, and almost all of the characters are bratty teenager Horror movie stereotypes. Beyond Two Souls might disappoint you if you're a "hardcore gamer", but if you like playing narrative driven games it's incredible. My only advice would be play the Remix Chapters, not the original version, so you get to play everything in chronological order.

• edited June 2017

Not sure why you felt the need to point that out considering it has nothing to do with the discussion whatsoever but okay, thanks.

There, I just gave you another one to look at.

You know I can see your all your edits in my feed, ive never seen so many variants of "k buddy" in one place

• Until Dawn is coming free on Playstation +.

• Until Dawn is free for PS + so you are in luck

• [removed]

Not sure why you felt the need to point that out considering it has nothing to do with the discussion whatsoever but okay, thanks. There, I just gave you another one to look at.

• Hope you didn’t buy until dawn yet because it will be free next week.

• Personally, I'd go with Heavy Rain, but I would recommend Until Dawn as well.

• I got Beyond: Two Souls (ps3 version by accident) for Christmas, and was disappointed that it requires an outdated feature. ... Controller tilting. If I'm honest, Quantic Dream should stop relying on that controller tilting feature. A player might get frustrated for not realizing what they needed to play Quantic Dream's games.

• You must be using a PS4 controller on a PS3. To be fair to Quantic Dream, you did say that you received the PS3 version of the game and that version (which was released 2 years before the PS4 version) was made with a PS3 controller in mind.

matteso586 posted: »

I got Beyond: Two Souls (ps3 version by accident) for Christmas, and was disappointed that it requires an outdated feature. ... Controller t

• Lol, thankfully I didn't buy it, but it was really close.

Creeper1846 posted: »

Hope you didn’t buy until dawn yet because it will be free next week.

• edited June 2017

Heavy rain because Shaun!

• I didn't like Until Dawn. It had a lot of "free roam" that wasn't free. Dumb jump scares and it kept dragging out. I liked heavy rain and really liked beyond two souls . I chose the option on beyond two souls so it was in order. I would imagine playing it out of order like it was originally made would be confusing.

• edited June 2017

Who said I used a PS4 controller on a PS3 console?

Also, most of my ps3 controllers became unresponsive after some time.

You must be using a PS4 controller on a PS3. To be fair to Quantic Dream, you did say that you received the PS3 version of the game and that version (which was released 2 years before the PS4 version) was made with a PS3 controller in mind.

• Oh my mistake. You said that you received the PS3 version of the game by accident and that you were disappointed because the game has the controller tilting feature. That just led me to believe that you probably wanted the PS4 version and you were probably using a PS4 controller on your PS3 to play the game. I use my PS4 controller on my PS3 because one of the thumbsticks on the 3 controller doesn't work correctly.

matteso586 posted: »

Who said I used a PS4 controller on a PS3 console? Also, most of my ps3 controllers became unresponsive after some time.

• Heavy rain is amazing buy that.

• I heard Until Dawn might be free for PS Plus coming up. Can anyone confirm?

• Until Dawn will be free for PS Plus July 2017

Sign in to comment in this discussion.