Favorite Anime?

For any anime fans out there like myself, what is your all time favorite series? If you can't decide, what's at least your top 5?

For me, Hunter x Hunter is the best. The story and characters are amazing and the designs are great. It starts slow at first, but by the 4th episode, it gets really good. It also gets darker and darker as the series progresses, which I love.

I also enjoyed Dragon Ball Z, Death Note, Soul Eater, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (that's my 2nd favorite), and My Hero Academia.

Tagged:

Comments

• As a kid I use to watch Pokemon (The First Series Mostly), Yugioh (The First Series with Yugi), Code Lyoko, Zoids (Both are French but idc. Anime is Anime). I watched a little bit of Yu Yu Hakusho back in the day, but I never finished it. Dragon Ball Z is my all-time Favorite. I've been watching Dragon Ball SUPER more recently.

• edited June 2017

Attack on Titan, Monster, When They Cry, Death Note, Hellsing Ultimate, Stein's Gate, The first half of Deadman Wonderland, and SAO Abridged (I know it's an abridged series, but it's too fucking good to overlook. It's everything the original SAO should've been.)

Not a huge list. I'm more into anime films than I am shows.

• edited June 2017

These are based off rewatchability, factored into my choices are the manga/light novels, I own the majority or waiting for print after reading online.

Top series list (No Order):

• Neon Genesis Evangelion (reading manga)
    • Monogatari Series (reading light novels)
    • Tokyo Ghoul (Read all manga chapters & up to date)
    • My Hero Academia (Read all manga chapters & up to date) but this series I'm strictly sticking to official releases
    • Fairy Tail (Read all manga chapters & up to date)
    • Cowboy Bebop
    • Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

Mentions:

• GunBuster!
    • My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU
    • Toradora!
    • Attack on Titan (Read and own all manga volumes 1-21) While I really like the series, it's not good enough for my top group

Top Movies (No Order):

• Akira (1988)
    • Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of Evangelion (1997)
    • Ghost in the Shell (1995)
    • Redline (2009)

enter image description here

• Either Oregairu or Owari no Seraph.

• Oregairu as whole series or just Season 1?

I absolutely love it btw.

Wolfenus54 posted: »

Either Oregairu or Owari no Seraph.

• When They Cry (mainly season 2)
    • Death Note
    • Attack on Titan
    • Your Lie in April
    • Oregairu (mainly season 2)
    • Code Geass
    • Your Name
    • Death Parade (I cried like a baby during the last few episodes)
  • The big 3 that I think are fantastic
    Ghost In the Shell SAC
    Death Parade
    My Hero Academia

• I'd say as a whole, as you can see it's so nearly in my top group. Hikigaya Hachiman is incredibly relatable for me.

Also the studio change gave the show a whole new feel. (No pun intended)

MarijaaNo7 posted: »

Oregairu as whole series or just Season 1? I absolutely love it btw.

• edited June 2017

Best dubs: (In my opinion, these surpass the original) Especially Bebop, seeing as how it was cancelled halfway through airing.

Black Lagoon
    Cowboy Bebop
    Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
    Code Geass
    Death Note

• edited June 2017

I grew up watching Dragon Ball Z. I remember the game, Budokai 2 for PS2, is what really got me into it.

I haven't been able to watch the recent episodes of Super yet.

GohanFGC posted: »

As a kid I use to watch Pokemon (The First Series Mostly), Yugioh (The First Series with Yugi), Code Lyoko, Zoids (Both are French but idc.

• Hellsing Ultimate is underrated, imo. Have you seen the abridged version of it?

ralo229 posted: »

Attack on Titan, Monster, When They Cry, Death Note, Hellsing Ultimate, Stein's Gate, The first half of Deadman Wonderland, and SAO Abridged

• He is a very unique character, that's for sure, and his way of thinking too. I really love the show so much because all (main; 4) characters are well-written.

Megumin posted: »

I'd say as a whole, as you can see it's so nearly in my top group. Hikigaya Hachiman is incredibly relatable for me. Also the studio change gave the show a whole new feel. (No pun intended)

• Both, but I loved season 2 the most, honestly. Hell, I even cried like 3 times while watching it.

Oregairu as whole series or just Season 1? I absolutely love it btw.

• My friend has renamed me to Hachiman on facebook, so there's that aha

Recently started some of the manga, may even get the LN, but no time on top of what I'm doing :/

He is a very unique character, that's for sure, and his way of thinking too. I really love the show so much because all (main; 4) characters are well-written.

• Hmm, based on those, I'd recommend Hyouka. I havent seen it, but I plan too (soon actually). Seems very similar.

enter image description here enter image description here

* When They Cry (mainly season 2) * Death Note * Attack on Titan * Your Lie in April * Oregairu (mainly season 2) * Code Geass * Your Name * Death Parade (I cried like a baby during the last few episodes)

• I've havent watched a lot of anime, mainly because ive been obsessed with naruto at this point (yep still) but the few that ive watched i say they good.

• Naruto- its my personal favorite. its not the best, has a lot of flaws and its not the best written one, but it's just my personal favorite. im kinda planning to do a full review along with a discussion and some other shit, but im not to sure because it could become blog like fucking and idk if anyone is that into this anime or really feel like typing that much. also im not 100 on what im writing, as in not knowing if my "facts" are on track.

• Death note: this is the best anime ive seen. not my favorite but its pretty good. very well written and its very suspenseful, though i hated how it ended. shit probably should've been shorter as at times i felt a bit forced to watch, though it was still good, and i still feel like N and mello were dog shit characters and just a bullshit replacement for L. after L's death the show almost went to shit.

• Dragon Ball/Z: okay i havent watched this recently so i really dont have like much insight on it, i really cant say much. its mostly based on nostalgia. im a bit afraid of watching it now (and honestly a bit lazy) and being afraid of it being shit.

*Tonari no Kaibutsu- kun: well its not a finished anime as there's only 13 episodes, but its really good imo. the rest of the story its on the manga and that one very good too, though the ending it's shit imo. still love it. its a shojo for those who like watching/reading that kind of stuff.

*Your Name: very good movie, kinda surprise that it went how it went but its very fun.

shit that i want to watch:

• Cowboy beebop- everyone says its good.
    • Hunter x hunter- some people have said that this is the best shonen of all time, so i want to see whats the hype. also some ppl have said that naruto ripped off some sort of concepts from this so id like to see if its true.
    • Full Metal Alchamist- people also say that this is one of the best shonen of all time.
    • Attack on titan- lot of hype, want to see whats about.
    • one punch man- looked at some clips from it, looks funny.
    • Berserk- from what i saw this game inspired the dude that made bloodborne, so that shit pretty much sold me into it. some people say its shit, others say its legit.
    • toyko ghoul- im no pussy when it comes to gore, although animated gore doesnt sit that well with me, but that leather mask, face thing kinda creeps me out. and it looks interesting.
  • Tokyo Ghoul is a personal favourite, season 2 differs from the manga. But I still love it, I look at the messages and situations it gives. Psychological factors etc. And decisions made by characters. There is no good or bad side, who's the hero? There isn't one. And an in depth world, that feels very believable.

If you watch Cowboy Bebop, watch the dub, it's so much better. I regard it as the greatest dub.

jamex1223 posted: »

I've havent watched a lot of anime, mainly because ive been obsessed with naruto at this point (yep still) but the few that ive watched i sa

• Inazuma eleven

• Favourites:

• Death Note
    • Code Geass
    • Steins;Gate
    • Baccano!
    • Durarara!
    • Parasyte: The Maxim
    • Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Mentions:

• Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus and Book of Murder
    • 91 Days
    • Death Parade
    • Mononoke
    • One Punch Man
    • Zankyou no Terror
    • Kuroko no Basket
    • Haikyuu!!
  • One Piece. I love most of the characters in the series and I like how everything ties together in the story, like something that happened very early on in the series is still relevant in later episodes. Also, I think OP has the perfect balance between humour and drama, something that most anime fail to achieve, let alone Shonens. With all it's goofyness, OP still manages to have a very deep and emotional story.

All in all, it's my favourite anime ever (though I still love many others, like Death Note, Naruto, Bleach, Another, with DBZ being my childhood favourite)

• Cory In The House.

• Hahaha, looks like I am talking to the 8man.

I am too lazy to read manga. :/ I had started reading Osayama Punpun (kinda forgot the name) but I just stopped.

My friend has renamed me to Hachiman on facebook, so there's that aha Recently started some of the manga, may even get the LN, but no time on top of what I'm doing

• Same!! Only anime (and other media) that made me cry can make it to my top lol.

Wolfenus54 posted: »

Both, but I loved season 2 the most, honestly. Hell, I even cried like 3 times while watching it.

• Haha, I have already seen it. Thanks either way.

I actually thought it was pretty boring since I am no big fan of SoL anime. I am always waiting for some plot twist or something lol.

Hmm, based on those, I'd recommend Hyouka. I havent seen it, but I plan too (soon actually). Seems very similar.

• Of course.

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

Hellsing Ultimate is underrated, imo. Have you seen the abridged version of it?

• CROSS ANGE
    RIN: DOUGHTERS OF MNEMOUSONE
    HARMONY
    CODE GEASS

• Mmmm Tokyo Ghoul sound interesting.

yeah ive heard that the dub version for cowboy is the best, i mean i watch anime dub all the time ( yes i am that person Kappa) so i guess that works out for me.

Tokyo Ghoul is a personal favourite, season 2 differs from the manga. But I still love it, I look at the messages and situations it gives. P

• MrJavaMrJava Banned

Yugioh GX

Goddamn I liked every minute of it.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.