Can We Bring Back Rewind?

I just wanted to make this known for telltale to hopefully bring this feature back due to me having to replay the entire episode to test something out rather than rewinding to that specific point. If you guys agree please like this post to make it known that we as a community want this feature back.

Tagged:

Comments

• Yes, please please please bring it back! Lol

• What's so funny about it, lol?

Yes, please please please bring it back! Lol

• Apparently telltale removes it because only about 20% (or something like that) of players actually used the feature. Seriously telltale I just want to replay that fight scene of Javi and David in episode 5 it’s not that hard of a feature to put in.

• What was the point in removing it even if 20 (I doubt it was that low) used it, it did no harm having the feature to the ones that didn't want to use it, why punish the ones that use it?

• edited July 2017

We gotta rewind back to a time where rewind was available,
    Didn't have to re-play an episode to change something minuscule,
    All that time for what could be no-time, we wind up feeling resentful.

Bring Back Rewind, Because We Mind!

• How exactly would they know this? Especially when players choose to play offline?

Creeper1846 posted: »

Apparently telltale removes it because only about 20% (or something like that) of players actually used the feature. Seriously telltale I just want to replay that fight scene of Javi and David in episode 5 it’s not that hard of a feature to put in.

• Idk myself job says it somewhere in an AMA on these forums. Also most players don’t play offline because the need internet to install future episodes.

prink34320 posted: »

How exactly would they know this? Especially when players choose to play offline?

• Y'know, if you want a "Rewind" feature............ you could always play Life Is Strange. :joy:

Though I do agree that they should bring back the Rewind feature. But, if they actually make a series that has many differences in how things play out, I won't need it. The problem recently with some past titles is that there just isn't enough of a difference in things when you replay an entire episode to make it worthwhile, the rewind feature makes it less of a slog to get to a certain choice point..

BUT, (again) Guardians has been a blast to replay so far as it actually does have many differences in things to make playing the episode worthwhile. Telltale just needs to find a good balance of tailoring and scripted events to make replaying entire episodes less of a chore.

• Also most players don’t play offline because the need internet to install future episodes.

I'm not sure how you know that but I know that you only need to be online to install updates and episodes (except for the earlier games where all episodes are on the disc), but playing the episode doesn't require a connection in itself. I'm not saying most don't play online but I, and many others, don't always do this, especially when I've finished the game and decide to rewind to get trophies or replay the game - I don't do this while playing online so that it doesn't mess with my choices.

Creeper1846 posted: »

Idk myself job says it somewhere in an AMA on these forums. Also most players don’t play offline because the need internet to install future episodes.

• I agree I hated having to restart it all over again just cause I wasnt happy with one
    part of the story I just want to go back to that certain part and be able to fix that
    my way than to restart back to the beginning

• Tfw when u say nobody uses rewind but literally the whole community complains to bring it back. I agree, telltale should definitely bring it back, huge pain in the ass restarting whole episodes.

• Riddle me this: How many people use crowdplay compared to rewind?

• Yes. We need it now more than ever.

I wasn't too happy with the choices importing a save from Batman S1 did, as it seemed to have gotten one of them wrong (the one concerning Bruce's donation to the GCPD/Arkham). Luckily I was only 10-15 minutes into the episode, so I could have easily gone back to Season 1, redo that last choice just to be sure that's what I chose, and reupload it to the second season.

Did I? Nope. Because there is no rewind starting from Batman Season 1.. I would have had to play through the entire thing of Episode 5 just to get to that final choice. And I was not doing that. I had a new season to play!

• oh damn

Riddle me this: How many people use crowdplay compared to rewind?

• A better question is who would want to replay these shitty "games?" And why?

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

[removed]

A better question is who would want to replay these shitty "games?" And why?

• edited August 2017

Outside of the 20% who only used it. I believe one of the dev members said that it was much more expensive to include on the updated engine, so compromises had to be made. Maybe we'll see another upgrade in the near future that might include some sort of rewind feature.

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited August 2017

Riddle. Ha.

• "games"

This is still being used as an insult? Telltale games are essentially interactive movies, which do qualify as video games. Just because the genre has a bigger focus on narrative rather than gameplay doesn't make the games lesser products, just different.

A better question is who would want to replay these shitty "games?" And why?

• Telltale games are also essentially diluted choose-your-own-adventure children books with hardly any agency given to the player. I don't care how a game projects it's gameplay, I just want things to effect other things... TT games almost never do even that with what little "game" it does have. Which is why I put the quotes around game in the first place.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

"games" This is still being used as an insult? Telltale games are essentially interactive movies, which do qualify as video games. J

• I've played all Seasons of the Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Tales of the Borderlands, Batman, and possible a few more. Almost all of these multiple times.

I literally have never heard of a rewind feature until coming here. If people haven't been using it, it might be more that they didn't know it existed.

• Barely any?

• I miss rewind very much...

• maybe they'll make Javier have rewind powers

• lol that would be awesome!

MarijaaNo7 posted: »

maybe they'll make Javier have rewind powers

• Yeah i miss Rewind.

• Now we really need it if they are going to be aiming for two and a half hour episodes. I like to see the differences in choices without having to replay entire episodes. I need to refine my choices and without the rewind feature it's needlessly time consuming.

Telltale have bounced back quite a bit with the "Batman: Enemy Within" premiere so it really is a feature that would be another way of reminding us that they, (Telltale), are listening to their fans. I have no idea why they removed it, but a lot of people clearly want it back. Come on Telltale, please bring this back.

• Nope, you'd have to restart from episode 1, because restarting from episode 5 of Batman would randomize every choice from ep 1-4, thus ruining the file you planned to import.

That is the problem they need to fix, but if they did fix it, I'll never know because I'm too scared to restart a chapter for fear of that still being a problem.

AChicken posted: »

Yes. We need it now more than ever. I wasn't too happy with the choices importing a save from Batman S1 did, as it seemed to have gotten

• Lol, it's just so funny! Lol

What's so funny about it, lol?

• Really? That's terrible!

They still haven't fixed that problem even with their new engine? I had no idea that problem still occurred with Restarting a later episode...

Telltale, forget about rewind... Fix this problem first!

deadproxy posted: »

Nope, you'd have to restart from episode 1, because restarting from episode 5 of Batman would randomize every choice from ep 1-4, thus ruini

• Eric Stirpe was also asked about the rewind, and this was his response.

"I don’t know for sure (I’m just a writer), but from what I heard it was pretty expensive to port that feature over to the updated engine and only a tiny percentage of players even knew it existed so it got cut."

VenomHD posted: »

Now we really need it if they are going to be aiming for two and a half hour episodes. I like to see the differences in choices without havi

• Yeah..
    But considering it was a small button on episodes people have already played I can see why a lot overlooked it. Plus, back then choices didn't seem to have much of an effect. TWD Season 1 sure did, but after that TWD2 dipped in detail a bit. Wolf was still good though. GoT was ok with choices, but it took 4 episodes or so till it really mattered. TFTB did a good job incorporating cosmetic choices, and I know used rewind a lot for that. And Minecraft had a good amount of branching in some episodes.

People don't know what they missed out on.

Luckily their series these days have many choices and an impressive amount of branching, so it's enjoyable to replay from start to finish.
    But it would be nice to change a singular choice if need be.

Eric Stirpe was also asked about the rewind, and this was his response. "I don’t know for sure (I’m just a writer), but from what I heard

• I don't understand the mindset at all. So 20% of players used it? That's 1/5 players! It's not some 1% or 2% figure one can just sweep under the rug and ignore.

On the other hand, who honestly uses that "Crowdplay" BS, it pretty much died after S1E1 of Batman. No one asked for it, no one likes it, no one really uses it. But that isn't too expensive to cut? Seems to me like a carcass Telltale just drags along with no appreciation from anyone.

• edited August 2017

Rewind isn't exactly a feature that should be heavily advertised though, so it makes sense not everyone knew about it. I suppose It gives the choices you make a little more weight if you know you can't just quickly change them.

Those comments (even though it is from a writer) make it seem pretty unlikely that the rewind feature will return. Crowdplay doesn't seem like it's a popular feature, but they like using it at events it seems. I guess we'll just have to get used to replaying entire episodes.

AChicken posted: »

Yeah.. But considering it was a small button on episodes people have already played I can see why a lot overlooked it. Plus, back then cho

• I wouldnt say thats true, Telltale obviously has an eternal way of rewinding, or else it would take them too long to make sure key scenes are broken. If they already have that system, it isnt that hard to just add a menu for it like every other game had.

Outside of the 20% who only used it. I believe one of the dev members said that it was much more expensive to include on the updated engine,

• How about we bring back a game made identical to the way Season 1 was made instead of the utter shit we get nowadays?

• ROFL I don't think I'll ever understand!

Timcanpy posted: »

Lol, it's just so funny! Lol

• . @Alyssa_TTG @mostlypoptarts

plsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Sign in to comment in this discussion.