Did you choose to help Petra or save Jack?

I chose to help Petra, friends are more important and I've know her since the beginning.
I like Jack, I just didn't like the way he thought he was the best hero ever and blablabla ( MY OPINION ).
WHO DID YOU CHOOSE?

I have a question for the writers: Why is always Petra who has to be in danger?
S1 EP 1: Petra or Gabriel | EP 7: Petra or Lukas | EP 8: Petra or Ivor | S2 EP 1: Petra or Jack lol this is starting to get funny

Comments

• edited July 2017

I choose to save Jack. I thought he was a likable character and it made more sense in my head to save him than Petra because of their respective situations.

EDIT: I saved Jack because it made the most sense to me because of the respective situations he and Petra was in. The Admin moves at a semi-slow speed, Petra was hanging over water and so could simply let go if she could not reach her sword in time.

Jack, however, was cornered by several prismarine golems and trying to protect his non-combatant friends. Even if his friends were able to jump over the edge into the water in time, it wasn't certain if Jack would be able to since he'd be the last one who could jump. I was also worried that Jack might freeze up due to his PTSD since his friends being in danger might remind him of how he lost Sammy.

Afterwards, I also considered Jack's loss to be more significant than Petra's: while her sword did mean a lot to her, Petra's loss is replaceable while Jack's loss is not.

• Saved petra since I wanted to repair the friendship

• edited July 2017

Petra because I don't even know who the heck Jack is, but what I do know about him isn't that great.

• Nurm is my favorite new character, I really like Stella too, I don't know why but she makes me laugh haha

• I understand your point... If you save Jack, Petra loses the sword, if you save Petra Jack hurts his bad eye, being more serious what happens to Jack.
    I still wanted to save Petra

SnownRaven posted: »

I choose to save Jack. I thought he was a likable character and it made more sense in my head to save him than Petra because of their respec

• In Petra's vision Jack is the best adventurer of all time

TJP623 posted: »

Petra because I don't even know who the heck Jack is, but what I do know about him isn't that great.

• edited July 2017

I haven't played yet but when I do i'm going to save Petra because:
    1. She's my friend that I have known since Episode 1
    2. We're better and closer friends
    3. I vowed I will always save Petra no matter what.
    4. She's in my like Top 3 Favorite characters in Minecraft: Story Mode
    5. Her sword is more important to her then Jack to his eye.
    6. She leaves you in the dust if you don't save her.
    7. Jack barely cares about losing his bad eye while Petra cares deeply about that sword. She had that for a while now, and she JUST got it back.
    8. Jack loses his bad eye. Petra loses a powerful sword which she fights off tons of mobs with.
    9. I've been the nicest to Petra than any other character, why stop being generous and kind just to help a guy who is a egotist? (no offense to Jack btw, he is a cool dude)

• Saved jack because he is a cool character. I never saved petra, i saved gabriel, unchiped lukas first, and saved ivor. I still like her but i just never felt like saving her. I hope they dont do more of these decisions, especially with petra

• She can make another sword, even if it did have a lot of enchantments, and she doesn't hate you for not helping her get the sword and maybe didn't even know you could have helped her, if you helped petra she is more grateful since you helped her, which results in making her stay but if you chose to save jack, she goes with him since she is a fan of him. And also play the game first before watching gameplay or see spoilers, it makes the game better.

Tekano posted: »

I haven't played yet but when I do i'm going to save Petra because: 1. She's my friend that I have known since Episode 1 2. We're better

• She had a special bond with that specific sword, she even named it. I didn't say she hates you, i'm saying I would want her to spend more time with me. And the fact she leaves you because you didn't save her feels like I let her down. She may not have known, but she doesn't appreciate the fact that you didn't help her get Miss Butter. And not only is she a fan of Jack, but she is disappointed in you for not helping her, otherwise she would've gone with you, not caring if Jack is her hero. And also about the game thing, I REALLY can't help it. It's been 4 days since the release...

She can make another sword, even if it did have a lot of enchantments, and she doesn't hate you for not helping her get the sword and maybe

• edited July 2017

I guess you got a point, also i cant blame you that you wanted to know what happens i was curious too

She had a special bond with that specific sword, she even named it. I didn't say she hates you, i'm saying I would want her to spend more ti

• Saved Petra cuz #Jetra :3

• Jack. Definitely Jack. Petra is struggling to grab her sword but she's a competent fighter and Admin is slow, she had all time to dodge and GIRL, jump in water and grab it when it falls since he's hitting there! Jack on the other hand was defending Nurm AND Vos on his own from a whole group of 'zombies', I didn't even question who my Jesse was going to save.

• The admin could've crushed the sword when he tried to kill petra

Jack. Definitely Jack. Petra is struggling to grab her sword but she's a competent fighter and Admin is slow, she had all time to dodge and

• I had decided it from the e3 footage that i'd choose petra

• TeamJetra

xXZUHAIRXx posted: »

Saved Petra cuz #Jetra

• Yes Macdonald_Berger , and she didn't have time to pick up the sword.

The admin could've crushed the sword when he tried to kill petra

• edited July 2017

Yeah, I learned afterwards that Jack loses his eye as a consequence of saving Petra and that was something that made me feel like I had made the right choice. Don't get me wrong, I'm not sweating anyone for saving Petra instead of Jack. This is just what makes the most sense to me personally and I imagine others view it differently to suit their choices and roleplaying.

Hopefully I'll find a way to make it up to Petra but I had to put Jack before her on this.

MegaXD posted: »

I understand your point... If you save Jack, Petra loses the sword, if you save Petra Jack hurts his bad eye, being more serious what happens to Jack. I still wanted to save Petra

• jack.
    becuase the aye is more importment than a sword.
    and I hate petra.

• Wow... Why do you Hate Petra?

ali1382 posted: »

jack. becuase the aye is more importment than a sword. and I hate petra.

• In this situation, it's not.
    And can you explain why you hate her?

ali1382 posted: »

jack. becuase the aye is more importment than a sword. and I hate petra.

• Still... 3 people in danger >>>>>>>> Sword...

MegaXD posted: »

Yes Macdonald_Berger , and she didn't have time to pick up the sword.

• Agreed

Still... 3 people in danger >>>>>>>> Sword...

• They could just jump into the water...

Still... 3 people in danger >>>>>>>> Sword...

• Jack since he wasn't alone like Petra, and clearly wasn't in the right mindset to handle the situation at the moment unlike Petra. I'm happy with my decision even if it means Petra loses the sword we spent so much time on getting.

• Nurm and vos could have but jack was being attacked by the statue and was defending himself

They could just jump into the water...

• I chose to save Petra becuase at that moment in time I thought that she had a higher likelihood of dying becuase that massive statue was going to attack her, and I thought that Jack could hold off for a few more seconds and his friends if necessary could help him.

• I saved Petra, beacuse... MISS BUTTER!!! And i don't like Jack, he seems false.

• Nurm isn't an adventurer, he makes maps, Vos has been prisoner for years and we don't know how well he'd be able to move considering his meeting with freedom was slamming hard against the floor and Jack had a previos half pstd meltdown just a bit earlier so we don't know if he's fightning at his best.

On the other hand we have a sword.

If Petra can be so petty to leave me if we don't get her sword... sorry, her problem, I'd rather help people than a tool.

They could just jump into the water...

• Indeed! U_U/)

Nurm and vos could have but jack was being attacked by the statue and was defending himself

• What makes you say that

Linkyop posted: »

I saved Petra, beacuse... MISS BUTTER!!! And i don't like Jack, he seems false.

• Im beeing tired of always saving her and nothing happen

But I have a hope :)

xXZUHAIRXx posted: »

Saved Petra cuz #Jetra

• Oh, i thought that i was the only who did that

AdamRoberts posted: »

I had decided it from the e3 footage that i'd choose petra

• Just cause someone saves someone doesn't mean their destined to fall in love with that person...

Andre_Luiz posted: »

Im beeing tired of always saving her and nothing happen But I have a hope

• edited August 2017

Why the heck is it always Petra? (And I'm BEGGING you, don't even mention Jetra as a reason or I will go crazy...)

• Well first of all yes jetra is one of my reasons, (Sorry) BUT even if i didnt ship, I'd choose petra anyway. She's a close friend, been there for us always, meanwhile jack we JUST met, and know almost nothing about him other than hes an adventurer, ok. So, i don't just choose it for jetra

Why the heck is it always Petra? (And I'm BEGGING you, don't even mention Jetra as a reason or I will go crazy...)

• It just seems like he made a lot of the stuff up

What makes you say that

• I saved Petra because I remembered the last two times I'd failed to save her in Ep. 7 and 8. Still...

Me when someone mentions Jetra: enter image description here

ASaltLick posted: »

Well first of all yes jetra is one of my reasons, (Sorry) BUT even if i didnt ship, I'd choose petra anyway. She's a close friend, been ther

• edited August 2017

C'mon Jetra is an amazing ship and A LOT OF PEOPLE wants Jetra to happen
    back in season 1 not a lot of people were shiping jetra
    But now in season 2 it seems like almost everyone is shiping them!
    Honestly I think that the main reason of why Petra is always in danger= JETRA
    I've never seen so many threads about Jetra haha

I saved Petra because I remembered the last two times I'd failed to save her in Ep. 7 and 8. Still... Me when someone mentions Jetra:

• True, he mentions all these crazy places which I don't see any evidence of existing, but it would be cool if they did

ASaltLick posted: »

It just seems like he made a lot of the stuff up

Sign in to comment in this discussion.