#WhereIsGameOfThronesS2

2»

Comments

• I didn't mean "you" like as a whole group of people, I meant "you" as in A1pha specifically. He made two threads yesterday, one in TWAU and one in TFTBL where he was shitting on each fanbase and basically saying how both games sucked and had no chance of getting a second season, while Thrones was already confirmed.

"You" is a very broad term. As a TWAU fan myself I am happy it is getting a new season (actually kinda worried Telltale's new team will c

• Considering how long it's been since the announcement... our choices better fucking matter then.

• Fair point but they already have enough on their plate (too much if you ask me. the rest of GotG, Batman S2, TWD S4 and TWAU S2). Making GoT S2 side by side would be ridiculous.

"You" is a very broad term. As a TWAU fan myself I am happy it is getting a new season (actually kinda worried Telltale's new team will c

• I suppose but that's not the point they have had 2 years and should have already started working on it therefore this wouldn't interrupt these other series

Journey95 posted: »

Fair point but they already have enough on their plate (too much if you ask me. the rest of GotG, Batman S2, TWD S4 and TWAU S2). Making GoT S2 side by side would be ridiculous.

• If we get season 2. :(

Lewt_Shogun posted: »

I feel like once we get Season 2 the wait will have been as long as the wait for TWAU S2

• Now now there, I didn't say Both games Sucked did i now. I didn't say TWAU Sucked i was only stating to the people who said that GoT had no fanbase. Plus at the time it looked like both weren't getting a Season 2 while GoT had been confirmed as a second season

I didn't mean "you" like as a whole group of people, I meant "you" as in A1pha specifically. He made two threads yesterday, one in TWAU and

• our choices better fucking matter then.

Sadly I think the only choices that will matter is what brother you kept alive and the traitor/sentinel choice. I wouldn't get your hopes up if you expect to see other choices being generated to Season 2.

prink34320 posted: »

Considering how long it's been since the announcement... our choices better fucking matter then.

• edited July 2017
    • Determinant Gruff or Ludd
    • Determinant Rodrik or Asher
    • Determinant Mira or Tom
    • Determinant Royland or Duncan or Gwyn
    • Gared marching to Ironrath or staying in the North Grove
    • Elsera having strong or weak control over her warriors

S2 has the potential to be Telltale's greatest display of "choices matter" thus far. I hope they a) choose to make it and b) choose to make it really well.

• edited July 2017

Amen!

To that list I would add whether or not you take part in the blood ritual at the North's Grove and whether you chose to protect the gate or the small folk during the Siege of Ironrath.

The choice to stay or leave the North Grove is also interesting...

* Determinant Gruff or Ludd * Determinant Rodrik or Asher * Determinant Mira or Tom * Determinant Royland or Duncan or Gwyn * Gared marc

• Oh yeah, forgot about those! Adding them now

Pahn711 posted: »

Amen! To that list I would add whether or not you take part in the blood ritual at the North's Grove and whether you chose to protect the

• And what if Asher calls off the assassination and tries to marry Gwyn? That would be hard to ignore in the sequel...

Oh yeah, forgot about those! Adding them now

• That'd make Mira's story-line pointless, along with Gared's final decision.

Menofthe214 posted: »

our choices better fucking matter then. Sadly I think the only choices that will matter is what brother you kept alive and the trait

• Well now to think of it, I think they will let us play as Gared. But as for Mira is kind of hard to say. Not only is she determinant but she will be married to Lord Morgryn (I forgot how to spell his name). BTW sorry if I'm being negative towards GoT. I'm just worried about what might happen because of what happened in TWD ANF.

Edit: I just saw @VengefulKenny's choices he put up in the comment below. I think those choices will most likely matter. But what disappoints me though is that some of the minor determinant characters might not make an appearance (ex:Bloodsong, Bowen, Erik, Finn, etc).

prink34320 posted: »

That'd make Mira's story-line pointless, along with Gared's final decision.

• I'm betting that leaving the North Grove or staying will only change the first episode's plot and we might see Finn if he had a bad relationship with Gared but he'll likely have to kill him in self defense.

Menofthe214 posted: »

Well now to think of it, I think they will let us play as Gared. But as for Mira is kind of hard to say. Not only is she determinant but she

• edited July 2017

Honestly, all the choices they left open make me nervous. I feel like, because of the differences in how the plot could've gone, everything else might be really minimized? Character development, good action scenes (all of Asher's scenes were badass), and just... solidity. They might just try to wrap everything up and forget everything else.

But, to counter my point, the first game had six episodes, and all of them were about, what, three hours? I think that would be plenty of time to wrap things up in a timely manner, as well as add some other stuff.

Eh, I have faith in Telltale. It took almost three years for TWAU and (from what I've heard) there hasn't been much chatter about a season two for TFTB, no matter how beautiful that game was.

And what if Asher calls off the assassination and tries to marry Gwyn? That would be hard to ignore in the sequel...

• edited July 2017

Oh I definitely share your concern regarding how they decide to address these choices...

I'm guessing Mira (if she survived) would be relegated to a cameo and maybe some small effect on the plot from behind the scenes.

But Rodrik/Asher worry me the most.....not only that their role will be minimized, also that they won't get unique enough story lines and endings (like Season 1 where the end result was the same for both brothers). It's the choice that really needs to matter IMO.

Infjx posted: »

Honestly, all the choices they left open make me nervous. I feel like, because of the differences in how the plot could've gone, everything

• I have a feeling that they're going to just quickly show the conclusion of our choices in the first couple episodes:

• If Mira lived and married Lord Morgryn, her codex entry will probably say that she committed suicide after being raped.
    • If Tom survived, he'll likely end up getting executed for conspiring with Mira.
    • Rodrik/Asher will both likely have the exact same roles and dialogue, I think they'll end up being playable but not for most of the season.
    • Leaving the North Grove or staying won't matter, if they left, they'll just come up with an excuse for why they had to come back - like the Night's Watch chasing them down.
    • As for Duncan/Ser Royland, they'll probably play the same secondary role as well with slightly different dialogue depending on whether they were the sentinel or traitor. Maybe the survivor trains Talia?
    • I'm also betting that sacrificing Cotter or not will only have a small impact and Gared will find a Crow to sacrifice early on, only difference would likely be Sylvi's dialogue.
    • As for Gwyn and Elaena, they'll probably make cameos depending on who lived.
    • Gryff/Ludd will likely be killed for some reason and the Whitehills will have a new lord regardless.

Oh I definitely share your concern regarding how they decide to address these choices... I'm guessing Mira (if she survived) would be rel

• edited July 2017

Agreed. Saying this now, Asher was my favorite character in the game AND he had my favorite storyline (Rodrik's being my second). If they somehow minimize Rodrik, or in my case, Asher's role, I will be extremely... irritated to say the very least.

And even if it is minimal, I really do hope Mira and Talia do have roles in the story, especially Mira. I feel like her story has too much potential just to be left where it was, plus she doesn't seem the type to just fall comfortably into the arranged marriage. I feel like it would be an injustice of sorts.

Agreed, once again. I think the choice between Asher and Rodrik living should be the driving force with the new plot, and, as difficult it might be to create, I think it should almost have two different plots depending? The brothers are very different people, who will make very different choices. If they have everything end up the same no matter what, which Telltale usually does, then that'll kind take away from it all.

Despite all my concerns though, I really hope Telltale just doesn't sweep this game under the rug, even if it takes a while. It had pretty damn good character development and pacing when it came to the plots; no one wants to see something like that wasted.

Oh I definitely share your concern regarding how they decide to address these choices... I'm guessing Mira (if she survived) would be rel

• edited July 2017

I second that regarding Asher's story....great action sequences and rapport with Beskha. Having him go through all that just to get beheaded upon landing in Westeros is too much to stomach! But I have to admit, that is classic GoT.

I wouldn't worry too much about Talia....her season-ending status was crystal clear, so I would be very surprised if she is not playable. Same with Ryon (him traveling with Beshka could potentially mirror Arya Stark and the Hound in some ways). Unless they break from the mold and decide not to have 3-4 playable characters per episode?

Respectfully disagree regarding Mira....she was a handmaiden who used up all her political capital. Even if she survives, she no longer has the power or the freedom to help her family. In fact, it could be argued that her being alive is a liability to them. That's why the decision to not take Morgryn's deal was so compelling (in most other circumstances, choosing to stay alive would be the obvious choice). Also...ever notice the main menu screen after completing episode 6 (where it shows the current playable characters in different scenic backdrops)? Notice that Mira is not shown even if she survived...seems like an indication that regardless of the choice, she's out of the game!

Apart from the ending, I was sufficiently satisfied with the variation between the brothers' stories in episode 6. So that gives me hope for the sequel...just need more unique endings!

• Seeing Ryon and Beshka interact would be rather amusing, there should definitely be a good, playable story there. I'm very excited to see what they decide to do with Talia in the end as well - hoping that her seeing the entire house (plus a mother and a brother) perish in front of her won't go overlooked...

Woah.... Didn't notice the Mira thing. Gonna have to look back and check that out, damnn. I guess I'll just take comfort in the fact that, even if she isn't in the game, that I somewhat saved a Forrester. They are becoming a rare and elusive species indeed.

As was I. Very interesting to compare them against their first real appearances and see the development.

• edited July 2017

But guys regarding Mira you do forget her influence with Margary and trust can remain at the end of Season one.
    I mean the girl could play a role in the capital surely even if it is as a "Morgryn envoy" or something her storyline still has great potential indeed.
    Plus Morgryn is not that stupid,He would like to press her claim on Ironrath not let it go like nothing.Mira's public position as Margary's handmaiden(Betraying Sera "choices Matter") deserves an impact on the story.

• edited July 2017

Regardless of Mira's relationship with Margaery at the end of S1, she doesn't (and probably can't) lift a finger to help when Mira gets imprisoned! So I think its safe to say that all the trust and influence is for naught at that point...

The very fact that Morgryn can use her to press his claim on Ironrath makes Mira's decision to take the deal a selfish one. I mean, she is giving legitimacy to another rival, which is not in the best interests of House Forrester. Being an "envoy" to an enemy of the family sounds like a cameo role to me....not much potential as a playable scenario.

But I agree that Mira's ending relationship with Sera and Tom should have an impact in the sequel, especially if she doesn't take the deal with Morgryn.

Tunak23 posted: »

But guys regarding Mira you do forget her influence with Margary and trust can remain at the end of Season one. I mean the girl could play

• The point is after all that time(all season one go) if Mira did the correct choices(Don't ask Margaery for help in episode 1, don't forget the letter,don't steal from Margaery's desk,Make the promise to Sera and keep it and finally betray Sera and stay as her handmaiden marrying Morgryn to scatter the rumors around Mira...).

I believe if you follow through all this actions Margaery as the "choices matter" Mira should earn a stronger bound of loyalty with the Tyrell queen.

Also I forget to add in the case of Elaena/Gwyn,they should have an exclusive secuence on the story depending on who is alive:Rodrik would get depending on Elaena's fate on episode 6,a hostile or friendly meeting with the Glenmore(Watching for her safety sending Elaena away:friendly approach,Elaena kidnapped:hostile approach)
    and with Gwyn they could bring us moments in the Whitehill's family conflict.

Telltale is slow but I hope they won't be lazy :(

• edited July 2017

Sorry but I think your point about Mira is very weak...if she is working so hard to remain "loyal" to Margaery, then how is she helping her family? Whats the point of continuing her story if she is not going to do everything in her power to aid the Forresters?

And once again the most important point: In the end...it doesn't matter what choices you make, she winds up in prison with absolutely no help from Margaery.

We'll have to agree to disagree ;)

Tunak23 posted: »

The point is after all that time(all season one go) if Mira did the correct choices(Don't ask Margaery for help in episode 1, don't forget t

• I'm not sure if we're going to get one. I think they're going to have a hard time with all of the different choices people made at the end of the game and they can't simplify it like they did in New Frontier. You can't just bring back Asher or Rodrik if you decided to kill one of them, or Mira if you chose that. Wolf Among Us is easier to bring back since all that changes are some dialogues depending on whether or not people are scared of you and what you did with the villain in the end. I would love a Season 2, but it would take them a longer amount of time to make the game and plus, I'm not sure that the games nowadays are what they used to be so I'm not sure if they'd really have the ability to do it anyway.

• Based on the track record of the last few games we've seen...I'm worried about Season 2 of TWAU, too. I'm a fan of both games so I totally agree with what you're saying there.

• They HAVEEEEE to do a second season! They left more questions than answers in the season one finale. I'm just worried considering the second season was confirmed in 2015 and it's now nearing the end of 2017 and we haven't heard ANYTHING in regards to the second season. I just wish we had the answer on whether or not the second season is happening or not.

• I liked the first game though my fondness of the game almost died at the end. Would like a sequel though no doubt.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.