'Stormborn' Episode Discussion

2»

Comments

• "Why the Old Gods are still shiting on us?"

Disgusting things are coming...No comment.

• Euron is love, Euron is life.

• He saved her because he is weirdly obsessed with her and has been since she was thirteen. He didn't do it out of the goodness of his heart. And I doubt Sansa forgets the fact that he sold her, as she puts it, to a psychopath who abused her, even if he did bring his army to Winterfell.

captainivy1 posted: »

Theoretically though, he has saved Sansa from death at least three times. First after he and Olenna poisoned Joffrey, then when Lysa was abo

• Yep. Also, doesn't that make you sleepy? I think he needed Jorah fully away for it.

Pahn711 posted: »

Probably couldn't get access to it....he did this without the knowledge or consent of the citadel maesters....

• Really? Lol

Euron is love, Euron is life.

• I love him too! I thought what was going to happen was that he'd die trying to save his sister. He was pretty well in battle right? He was killing fools left and right! I think I prefer this route though. I'm hoping Theon will have a really cool character arc.

WalkerHH93 posted: »

I was so scared for Theon. I dont want him to die after all the pain he endured. He did the right thing. There was no way he could have done

• That entrance was pretty badass! He was probably so excited planning it. "I'm gonna ride this thing and it'll be so badass! Just you watch"

Euron is love, Euron is life.

• edited July 2017

Dany kind of annoyed me. She's got that arrogance that really sets me off. And the way she was talking about sending that letter to Jon, wording it like he's a subject.

Dany: "Bend the knee"

Me: "Bitch."

The North is finally how it should be. They're free and I don't want too see that ruined.

EDIT: Really liked the episode though!

• Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry! This flew outta my head for some reason. Well, I just hope it's not true.

Nice spoilers, mate. At least put the spoiler tags, jeez.

• Sorry, fixed it

Can you put in a spoiler tag please

• edited July 2017

I couldn't agree more about Dany....she is confident to the point of arrogance. And now we have Olenna Tyrell advising her NOT to listen to men like Tyrion....not sure that's good advice!

AgentZ46 posted: »

Dany kind of annoyed me. She's got that arrogance that really sets me off. And the way she was talking about sending that letter to Jon, wor

• I don't understand this love for Theon.....I realize he has been through a lot....but the reality is that he has not done enough to redeem himself yet, and his actions in this latest episode have not furthered his cause!

WalkerHH93 posted: »

I was so scared for Theon. I dont want him to die after all the pain he endured. He did the right thing. There was no way he could have done

• Yes. He's Ramsay, but better. Less "look, I'm so evil, I'm so eviiiil!" and more "I'm evil and I don't give the singlest of fucks."

KCohere posted: »

Really? Lol

• I enjoy his character.

I don't understand this love for Theon.....I realize he has been through a lot....but the reality is that he has not done enough to redeem himself yet, and his actions in this latest episode have not furthered his cause!

• edited July 2017

Care to elaborate on what you find so enjoyable? Is it his lack of loyalty or honor? His status as a eunuch?

Just curious....because to this point, there are not a lot of positive things to say about him...

I enjoy his character.

• Can't speak for Agent but personally I just love his character development, and how realistic it actually is. He is not a hero, never has been, but I don't see that as a reason to hate him. What comes to the scene in this episode... what exactly was he supposed to do? Defeat Euron and all his men alone to save Yara? Sure, Jon probably would try to do just that in a similar situation with Sansa, but that would result in both of them dying.

Care to elaborate on what you find so enjoyable? Is it his lack of loyalty or honor? His status as a eunuch? Just curious....because to this point, there are not a lot of positive things to say about him...

• edited July 2017

Oh, I don't think his actions in this past episode are damning in of itself....but it does establish a pattern of behavior.

Consider his betrayal of the Starks. His murder of those two innocent farm boys. Helping the Boltons take Moat Cailin. Plenty of reasons to hate him...

That said....a character is not kept around this long if he doesn't have a story arc to fulfill....so I'm sure he'll eventually do something that will redeem him.

Can't speak for Agent but personally I just love his character development, and how realistic it actually is. He is not a hero, never has be

• Liking a character doesn't mean I approve of their choices. I'll admit when Theon was first introduced he came across as a douche but even then I really liked his character. It was an interesting dynamic of him technically being a hostage but he grew up as if he was a Stark. I particularly really enjoyed his relationship with Robb. "Am I your brother? Now and always?" Now as for his betrayel... I don't actually hold it against him. He was forced to choose between two families and you could tell he was conflicted. If you remember he was actually going to warn Robb about what his family was about to do but then he burned it. As for the people he killed in Winterfell... yeah that was really shitty but I saw that as him desperately trying to prove that he was worthy of being called Iron born. That doesn't excuse it, but like I said, liking a character doesn't mean I approve of his decisions. One line of his I found really interesting was "Do you know what it's like to be told how lucky you are to be someone's prisoner?" And I think this line from the Maester sums up Theon's betrayel really well. "You're not the person you're pretending to be" And from there you really see how much he regrets his decision. "My true father died at Kings Landing. I made a choice. I chose wrong." From that point most of Theon's character arc has been me feeling bad for him and hoping he bounces back.

Care to elaborate on what you find so enjoyable? Is it his lack of loyalty or honor? His status as a eunuch? Just curious....because to this point, there are not a lot of positive things to say about him...

• edited July 2017

Well look at tyrion, his plan doesn't make any sense at all So he wants to save the lives of people by having a siege? What?? this will make people die more. Plus casterly rock is pointless by this point. So Olenna has a point here.

I couldn't agree more about Dany....she is confident to the point of arrogance. And now we have Olenna Tyrell advising her NOT to listen to men like Tyrion....not sure that's good advice!

• edited July 2017

I think you might want to watch that part of the episode again....Tyrion was specifically warning Dany against using her dragons to take the city....he said:

"You turn the dragons loose, tens of thousands will die in the firestorms."

As I understand it, the siege by the Tyrell and Martell armies was to be a mere diversion that would cut off food and supplies to King's Landing....while that was going on, the unsullied could take Casterly Rock. And if you capture the main stronghold of the royal family, the source of Lannister wealth, it will most definitely have an impact on the war:

Many lords of Westeros would most likely flock to Daenerys when they hear of this. And where would reinforcements to lift the siege at King's Landing come from if Casterly Rock is captured? Sounds to me that if things go according to plan, this would result in a lower body count.

Well look at tyrion, his plan doesn't make any sense at all So he wants to save the lives of people by having a siege? What?? this will make people die more. Plus casterly rock is pointless by this point. So Olenna has a point here.

• edited July 2017

Siege is going to kill more than burning the city down? What? If anything the siege could make people in KL turn against Cersei easier, rather than starve to death for her.

And taking Casterly Rock now ensures that there will be no place for the Lannister's to fall back to, and it gives Dany another stronghold to position some of her forces to. Plus, there is probaly a lot of gold, which could be useful if the war doesn't resolve itself quickly (most likely it will, due to this being second to last season and the NK issue still being unsolved, but the characters in-story can't predict that).

• Dany acts like this because I think she thinks that's the way a queen is supposed to act. She wants the throne because she feels like it's hers by right. In contrast, Jon gets leadership thrust on him and he accepts it out of duty. I hope Jon doesn't bend anything to her. I think he is a good king and will bring peace to the North. I'm just worried about Dany threatening to sic her dragons on people.

Dany kind of annoyed me. She's got that arrogance that really sets me off. And the way she was talking about sending that letter to Jon, wor

• My main worry is that Jon will talk about the real threat and Dany will just be too fixated on getting that bloody Iron chair to give a shit.

Dany acts like this because I think she thinks that's the way a queen is supposed to act. She wants the throne because she feels like it's h

• That's what I mean. If he doesn't bend the knee, she might try to take the north by force and they can't stand against dragons, no matter how badass Jon is.

My main worry is that Jon will talk about the real threat and Dany will just be too fixated on getting that bloody Iron chair to give a shit.

• Yeah if you siege kings landing it will cause more death. In season 6 it showed that the dragons can make a precise attacks. They can fly to the red keep and burn it down only. We also learned two seasons ago that castely rock doesn't have money any more

Siege is going to kill more than burning the city down? What? If anything the siege could make people in KL turn against Cersei easier, rath

• edited July 2017

Did you forget that Dany chained two of her dragons beneath the pyramids of Mereen, specifically because they were killing people and she couldn't control them? C'mon dude....unleashing these unpredictable fire-breathers upon crowded streets and buildings would be a massacre!

Tyrion knows better than anyone how to defend King's Landing....he'll expect his sister to stay behind the walls (ready to use wildfire) and wait for reinforcements.....except no reinforcements will arrive because Casterly Rock will be taken! It's a brilliant plan, the Tyrells and Martels wouldn't even have to attempt to scale the walls! Once King's Landing runs out of supplies, they will have to surrender.

Let's say you have a point about Casterly Rock....even if there are no gold mines anymore, its still their family's seat of power and where they conscript men for their armies. Plus, I'm not so sure that it is common knowledge around Westeros that the Lannisters are no longer wealthy (seems like Tywin kept that a secret for good reason). So if the other lords that support Cersei see this castle taken by Dany, it might make them wonder which queen they should back, don't you think?

Yeah if you siege kings landing it will cause more death. In season 6 it showed that the dragons can make a precise attacks. They can fly to

• But less unique

Blech! He's just as crazy as he is in the book.

• I didn't say release all the dragons just use one dragon. Plus I'm 100% sure they won't capture casterly rock or they will and then they will abandon it later on.

Did you forget that Dany chained two of her dragons beneath the pyramids of Mereen, specifically because they were killing people and she co

• edited July 2017

I don't care if you use one or three dragons....each one of them is incredibly dangerous and unpredictable.

And I don't understand your point about Casterly Rock...Tyrion's plan may very well backfire....I'm just saying that based on what they currently know about their enemy's movements (which is limited), it does seem to be a sound strategy.

I didn't say release all the dragons just use one dragon. Plus I'm 100% sure they won't capture casterly rock or they will and then they will abandon it later on.

• I saw the episode last night after coming back from my trip.

All hail King Euron Greyjoy!

• How great would it be if when Jon was choking Littlefinger he said "You're a funny man" XD

• He's legit insane. I never could stomach the Greyjoy clan in the books and theyre barely tolerable on the show for me.

I saw the episode last night after coming back from my trip. All hail King Euron Greyjoy!

• Knowing what Sansa was put through because of him, I don't think he thinks LF is very funny.

How great would it be if when Jon was choking Littlefinger he said "You're a funny man" XD

• I was referencing season 1 when Ned choked LF. The scene reminded me of it and I believe it was intentional.

Knowing what Sansa was put through because of him, I don't think he thinks LF is very funny.

• I knew the reference. I'm just saying, Ned was just irritated with LF for what he thought was a lie. Jon was enraged.

I was referencing season 1 when Ned choked LF. The scene reminded me of it and I believe it was intentional.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.