What would you rate Episode 1?

Personally, I loved it. The choices were hard, the story was enjoyable and the episode was also VERY long (146 minutes in my case). This is the first time I loved a Telltale episode since... Batman S1's Ep3. Chocies also seem like they matter but I seem =/= truth so we'll see about that. The relationships at the end are a nice touch.

My rating: 9/10, I enjoyed this episode a lot.

Tagged:

Comments

• I would say the same 9/10 it was a very good ep and very action "pact" and cant wait for the next one and it also seems like your choices begin to matter

• 9/10 maybe a 9.2. the lengthier premiere and the new mechanics are a very welcomed addition.

• Also 9/10! One of Telltale's finest episodes ever and a great start to a second season of Batman, let's hope the future episodes match it. The new additions like the character relationship stats, instant access to the batcave, improved combat events and some really tricky choices were all great.

• From a scale to 1 to 10, I'd say a strong 9.5, the episode was very long filled with action at every corner and with interesting infos about every single detail !

The beginning of this season was almost perfect ! Now let us hope that telltale will keep filling us with the rest of the episodes similar to this one ! :P Andddd, I hope we get the occasion to bang Selina again. XD !

• I would give it an 8.5/10.

It was fairly lengthy, the new gameplay additions were cool, it takes it time with the characters and story, and I'm interested to see where they go with it.

• edited August 2017
    • Choices were hard most of the time
    • Wasn't as buggy as S1
    • Pacing felt good, rarely got bored

And the length... the length. This is the first time in a long time that I finished a Telltale episode and didn't think "Wait, that's it?! That's so short" I hope to god that their next titles cough S4 cough are lengthy as well.

My biggest complaint is that it felt as if the villain went just as fast as he appeared. I would have liked to spend more time with the Riddler.

8.5/10

• yeah it was like the falcone part where he just died just like that but still overall one of the best ep telltale have done in a while

* Choices were hard most of the time * Wasn't as buggy as S1 * Pacing felt good, rarely got bored And the length... the length. This

• 9/10 I had a lot of fun. It makes me wonder how we can get something fun and pretty looking like Batman, but have the opposite with the GOTG game.

• That was the best Telltale episode I've played for a long time.

The length of the episode, the new choice mechanics and the overall storytelling was definitely worth it.

I thoroughly enjoyed Season 1 and this is a very strong starting point to the new season. Can't wait for Episode 2 (And Harley Quinn! <3)

• I would give it an 8.5 or 9 out of 10. The characterization in particular was a huge step up from Season 1, the story was more original this time around, and it seems to be taking the Season into a strong direction. I'd personally place this Season Premiere episode only under the most well-regarded modern Telltale series' premiere episodes (Walking Dead Season 1, Wolf Among Us, Tales from the Borderlands).

• They put a quite improvement, thats for sure. I am gonna give 9/10. After A New Frontier and A Buggy Batman Season 1, choices you made are putting a good tension in situations so game makes us more bewitch at the time. I hope this improvement will be continous for the entire season and also in other franchises.

• A strong 9/10 from me. Definitely the right length, the right pacing and the right amount of emotion in the story.

• A solid 9/10. Graphics and frames are improved, great length, good pacing and Riddler was a perfect choice to begin this season. I can't wait to see Harley in Telltale version, hopefully she is designed like the Suicide Squad version or Injustice 2 version.

• Easily a 9/10, fantastic episode from start to finish and right up there with Faith and Zer0 Sum as one of Telltale's strongest premiere episodes.

• I'd definitely give Season 2 a 9/10. I'd nearly give it a 10/10 if not for a couple of personal annoyances that have nothing to do with the talents of the team behind this installment. If this is any indication for what we're in store for, it's going to be an amazing ride.

• For me a very strong 9....my partner Laura got done and thinks that it is an 8.5 to 9 outta 10....she is with DLB...thought Riddler died too soon.

But the length felt just right....I mean sure it was not so big they had to split it into 2 episodes...but you know, you just can't have everything.

BTW...is this episode the length of both episodes of The Ties That Bind put together?

• edited August 2017

It was just about longer than both Ties That Bind episodes combined.

For me a very strong 9....my partner Laura got done and thinks that it is an 8.5 to 9 outta 10....she is with DLB...thought Riddler died too

• 10/10 Best episode i played in a long time! amazing start! Bravo Telltale!

• That was one of my few personal annoyances as well. I thought they got rid of Riddler in a very permanent fashion far too soon. I thought we'd learn a lot more about him, but Batman's detective skills don't seem to be quite as stellar as he can appear in other mediums.

For me a very strong 9....my partner Laura got done and thinks that it is an 8.5 to 9 outta 10....she is with DLB...thought Riddler died too

• edited August 2017

If you were to rush both premieres Ties that Bind would be longer by a few mins ( 2 hours 10 mins), and if you were to take your time with both, Batman would be longer by 10 mins probably.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

my partner Laura got done....she is with DLB

Well, that sounds complicated.

• edited August 2017

9.5/10. I only wish they put this much effort into A New Frontier ;(

• exactly if this much work and thought was put into a new frontier people might of liked it more

Vanzam posted: »

9.5/10. I only wish they put this much effort into A New Frontier ;(

• I'd agree with the 9/10. They really did improve on things I'd had some issues with in the first season. It also had some real surprises and forced me into tough choices. Even made ones that I wouldn't have thought I would going into this game.

Good job and appreciate the length of the episode. Here's hoping they keep this up.

• I'd give it a solid 9/10. The choices were tough, the QTEs were fun, the length was even longer than I expected and most importantly, it feels like a true Season 2. (not like some other series with the "for newcomers" bullshit policy)

I was a bit disappointed that Riddler was defeated (and died) so soon though, I thought there was more potentional for him and his riddles. But otherwise a decent start to a new season. Keep it up, Telltale!

• 9/10. I personally thought that it was one of the best Telltale episodes that I have ever played. Pretty much everything was on point. My one problem is the fact that The Riddler was killed way too soon in my opinion. I thought that The Riddler was portrayed excellently and was sad to see him die so early on in the season. (He is one of my personal favourite Batman villains).

• I don't often give this rating when I put on my critical face, but I'm actually gonna give it a good 10/10.

It has everything I've wanted in a Telltale Game, it is a direct continuation of the first season and improves on its successes.

• The episode was quite lengthy, even more so if you view all the objects and read all the codex entries and news reports.
    • It has imported my choices from the previous seasons rather well, showing the consequences and having small nods to them throughout the episode.
    • Although it does have a different story-line, it made me feel like it was more of a continuation with constant nods towards the events of the first season.
    • I love the choices, although the story is still quite linear, I feel like the choices are harder and have more of an impact or at least add a change to the game.
    • I especially love that they are now focusing on relationships, rather than just showing how actions affect people, what we say can have just as much of an effect.
    • Whilst there is no longer a power meter for finishing moves, it is nice to see choices mid-combat.
    • As for the characters, they are definitely rather interesting and different from allot of the usual characters we seem to get in Telltale's games.

I am looking forward to the rest of the season, I am very proud of how Telltale has handled this! :) <3 At first I was a bit uneasy towards the idea of a second season for Batman so soon, but now, I'm already craving for the second episode!!!

• edited August 2017

I'm happy that Telltale seems to finally take the fans' criticisms to heart. It took them long enough.

Good episode length; intriguing story so far; love the characters; some hard choices; the relationship status is a cool new feature, especially this early in the Season and not just at the very end; runs much smoother than Season 1, I didn't have any lag that I can remember on PS4; graphics are actually much better, I was surprised by how much; great soundtrack...

9/10 from me as well, an amazing start to the new Season. I love the first Season, yet I think that Season 2 might be even better (though it might be a bit early to judge). I hope Telltale keeps this trend after the disappointment I felt after almost every title since TFTB, excluding Batman S1.

• 9/10. The best Telltale episode in a long time.

• edited August 2017

I'd give it a solid 7/10. I enjoyed it alot, but I really hated how the QTEs were slowed down to a snail's pace. Every hit you threw, the entire fight scene would go into annoying slow motion. I also dislike the linking puzzles. I didn't enjoy them in season 1, and now here it's even more of that atrocious gameplay. Other than that, I love the first episode. Can't wait for the next.

• Going for a solid 9, maybe even 9.5 out of 10 here. This is one of the best premiers in a long time for TellTale.

At first, I was worried about the Riddler. He is one of my favourite Batman villains, and I didn't know what to make of TellTale's version. But the base of the character was still there, and for that I am content. I didn't expect him to be a one-episode villain, however. Not that it is bad that they did it, though.

I'm dead worried about Alfred, for real.

The interactions with the Joker were absolutely golden, and it couldn't have happened in a better moment. Lucius had just died, and then you put that goddamn clown crashing the funeral and being all around hilarious in the worst possible situation. Also, the card. The card made me laugh out loud. Bruce was so uncomfortable it was killing me. In a good way.

The performance is excellent, especially when compared to last season's.

If there is one thing that I didn't like, is that the riddles were all very obvious. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed solving the deadly puzzle with my pal Gordon, but even that puzzle was really straightforward. But that's just a little thing. Perhaps if they were too hard, people would be complaining it slowed the pace of the story, so I suppose this is the kind of choice that the devs had to make that no matter which way they went they couldn't please everybody.

• Part of me thinks Telltale got rid of the Riddler so early because they didn't want to have to deal with making up new riddles which can be a challenge for any writer.

Abeille posted: »

Going for a solid 9, maybe even 9.5 out of 10 here. This is one of the best premiers in a long time for TellTale. At first, I was worried

• Much better than season 1 when it comes to the performance and length of the episode . Can give it 9+/10 easily .

• 9,5/10. Definitely one of my favourite TTG-episodes.

• 10/10. This has to be in the top 5 best telltale episodes of all time.

• 8.5/10

Was going to give it a 9 but Lucius getting killed off too early knocked it down a bit. Nonetheless great episode, nice length and characters. Also Jon Doe was good

• 7.5/10.

Some things are improvements over the first game like the choices, length, relationship system, and the smoother graphics. So far, I don't think the story's any better or worse than the first game. It was enjoyable, though.

• Ran on my piece of shit computer quite smoothly on lower settings whereas the first season was a literal slideshow at about 1 frame per 10 seconds. 10/10

It's not even the much improved optimisations though, the episode is probably the best we've gotten since TFTBL wrapped. The complex characters and their contrasting relationships with Batman and Bruce is really great. Some excellent character interplay was set up here and I am so excited for the rest of the season.

I am begging telltale to PLEASE not fuck this chance up. I thought after ANF that Telltale had completely lost their way, but now I am really hopeful. Please don't rush out a 1 hour long episode 2. Episode 1 felt so distinct and fresh due to that 2 hour length. It allowed them to fit so much more into the episode and I'm so thankful they are finally listening to us.

• 7.5/10! It was pretty good. I'm excited for Catwoman to make a return :)

• edited August 2017

I'm looking at all these ratings and the 2 to 2:30 hour length for this episode

And just...

enter image description here

I actually want to play the game and have some actual hope for a Telltale series again

Sign in to comment in this discussion.