What would you rate Episode 1?

2»

Comments

• A solid 7.5. It would be a 8, but the ending let it down a little with a weak twist and just generally how the last chapter played out.

• 8.5/10

Excellent length, the game ran smooth, the characters look better, the story was more interesting, choices matter, different relationships with characters.

• 9.5/10 it was just amazing can’t wait for episode 2.

• edited August 2017

9/10 from me, this episode was really, really good. John Doe is just charming. The relationship change is an incredible addition for Batman. The only reason I'm not giving this a 10/10 is because I'm withholding. I genuinely feel telltale is 1 (ONE) step away from greatness if they keep this up.

PS: That length, the fucking length of the episode.. I nutted yo.

• No one is dissapointed......rarely do I see this I'm in shock. And also I rate this masterpiece a 10/10 I enjoyed the fuck out of it and for the first time in 3 years I'm excited to replay the episode more than once and still enjoy it.

• First time I played an episode three times (during the initial release)!

• I had one where Bruce and Batman are drawing lines, and stick with Gordon
    • I had my douchy, violent Batman one
    • The third one was douchy Bruce, decent Batman.

I also made sure to approach John Doe differently.
    In the first Bruce tries to be nice, but is sceptic
    In the second he befriends John Doe
    In the third he is just trying to push him away as much as he can.

No one is dissapointed......rarely do I see this I'm in shock. And also I rate this masterpiece a 10/10 I enjoyed the fuck out of it and for the first time in 3 years I'm excited to replay the episode more than once and still enjoy it.

• edited August 2017

They improved the graphics and optimized the game well. First episode was great! TBH I actually enjoyed it. The characters also had great development, I like how telltale handled them. Some choices actually matters. So that's good! 9.7/10

• edited August 2017

Hi guys, I haven't checked on the forum in a while.

I have been rather disconnected from Telltale stuff, other than the announcements. I'm wondering if anyone can catch me up, anything noteworthy happen?

From what I'm see here Batman is apparently a good improvement.

I really dislike what I've seen of Guardians on a technical level (I'm an enthusiast pc player), it's seeming lack of gameplay, the animation quality, cinematography, the visuals, so on and so forth. Basically all the issues I tend to rant about. I'm not entirely sure about the writing, since I haven't seen enough of that, but the licensed brand and other issues make it highly unappealing to me.

Does Batman make any noticeable improvements? Is rewind back? Is the gameplay more complex? The animations still seem rather stiff still. Cinematography? Auditory? Puzzles?

I'm very jaded about Telltale because GoT, New Frontier, Batman Season 1 (presentation and gameplay wise, not writing), Minecraft and Michonne were all big letdowns, and I want to vote with my wallet and be cautious about what they do.

If I should ask this somewhere else let me know, I just didn't want to be obnoxious and make a pointless thread.

• With your current mindset from past series. I wouldn't go full in till episode 2 has been released along with forum reception.

Ashran posted: »

Hi guys, I haven't checked on the forum in a while. I have been rather disconnected from Telltale stuff, other than the announcements. I'

• 9/10. This was an amazing start to this season, I'm really excited to see what happens next!

• Vast improvement from the first season:

• Better writing
    • Better game mechanics
    • Better villains

But most importantly: this was the smoothest Telltale game I've ever played, not a single glitch or technical hiccup to be found!

• Yeah I'm wait and see.

Even if it's the best version of the Telltale formula, I'm not sure, because I still want that formula to be innovated upon.

With your current mindset from past series. I wouldn't go full in till episode 2 has been released along with forum reception.

• Well I loved every second of it. The story was fantastic and the choices were far more impactful. Personally its a 10/10 for me.

• Definitely a 9/10 this was a really solid episode

Sign in to comment in this discussion.