What's the Ring got to do with the movie Ringu?

So I just watched the film Ringu but I didn't quite catch what the ring had to do with the whole movie (or maybe i missed a scene or wasn't paying much attention)?

Can you please help me figure it out.

enter image description here

Tagged:

Comments

• Well, it's a remake so. It doesn't necessarily need to follow the same story. Evil Dead (2013) did the best out of all the remakes.

• The phone rings in the movie, doesn't it? It's been a while since i saw it.

• It's a prequel to Rango

• edited August 2017

Been a while since I've seen either version, but I think it's supposed to be the sunlight illuminating through the cracks of whatever's on top of the well where Samara's body was dumped.

• The ring is the ring of light the girl sees when shes in the well.

The opening of the well looks like a ring of light from the bottom. Its been a while since I saw it so I hope thats right.

• this seems the most logical answer. i thought it was a wedding ring or some sort.lol

Onmens posted: »

The phone rings in the movie, doesn't it? It's been a while since i saw it.

• i was referring to the 1998 japanese movie.

AronDracula posted: »

Well, it's a remake so. It doesn't necessarily need to follow the same story. Evil Dead (2013) did the best out of all the remakes.

• i couldn't see a scene in the Ringu (1998) movie that you're describing.

The ring is the ring of light the girl sees when shes in the well. The opening of the well looks like a ring of light from the bottom. Its been a while since I saw it so I hope thats right.

• I know

Anonymer posted: »

i was referring to the 1998 japanese movie.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.