RedLetterMedia And Movies And Games Of All Types Review Thread

edited August 2017 in General Chat

So,I'm making this thread for people to share there own youtuber reviewers who reviewed movies they like.Share there own thoughts about what they saw in movie and plot,box office,or breaking the box office(in a RedLetterMedia sort of review who I like)and wondering if there reviews were accurate or have what you experience in the movies you saw. Also for MODS you can edit this thread too.
Discuss game reviews from your favorite YouTubers or discuss the games and how you review them and impress you.

RedLetterMedia's Review On The Mummy...with Tom Cruise

Tagged:

Comments

• oh shit boi i've been waiting a long time for a community review thread. hype.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited August 2017

Oh boy oh boy, I was hoping someone would make a RLM thread! I'm a fan of them myself!

If you aren't already familiar with the channel, I'll post some of their more notable videos that I personally like.

Half in the Bag - This is a movie review series with snarky and sardonic humor; unlike most "snarky review" channels, however, the humor and commentary are actually smart and grounded. They don't rely on things like cringe-worthy skits or highly forced and over the top reactions. They especially like to take the piss out of bad movies but they also do discussions of other movies too.

Best of the Worst - This series involves the RLM crowd watching weird, obscure, and/or bad movies and commenting on them. They also have a "Wheel of the Worst" miniseries too.

The Nerd Crew - Nerd Crew is an ironically tacky parody of "nerdy" podcasts/videos/etc. They make fun of stuff like loot boxes, cynical pandering to viewers, forced sponsorships, etc. Episode 2 in particular is hysterical and an absolute must watch.

• Just to get some conversation going, what are your guys' favorite videos of theirs? @ClemyClooAndBabyboo @strwar3

• edited August 2017

Mine was Ghostbusters 2016,(cause i like it cause they were truthful about how bad the movie was)Suicide Squad,and I think there are more that I like but those are my favorites! @BlindSniper

Just to get some conversation going, what are your guys' favorite videos of theirs? @ClemyClooAndBabyboo @strwar3

• i've only seen one of the Mr. Plinkett reviews, a video where rich evans explains the masterpiece that is double down, and 2 of the half in the bag reviews. tbh i was just excited that there was a review thread in general. don't get me wrong from what i've seen redlettermedia is fuckin great and i greatly enjoyed the videos i saw, but honestly i just wanted a place to share thoughts on films and games and give reviews, (which i sorta thought this thread was for primarily). but hell yea an RLM thread is dope too. as for my favorite, it was probably either rich evans explaining double down or the mr. plinkett force awakens review.

Just to get some conversation going, what are your guys' favorite videos of theirs? @ClemyClooAndBabyboo @strwar3

• Dude, you have gotta watch the Jack and Jill review if you have the time. It's longer than their normal reviews (it's an hour long) but theur review is extremely scathing and brutal (and funny). It's well worth the hour of time if you are into that kinda thing.

i've only seen one of the Mr. Plinkett reviews, a video where rich evans explains the masterpiece that is double down, and 2 of the half in

• edited August 2017

I saw that one too,but I think I'm watching the Annebelle Creation one with Rotten Tomatoes controversy and that goddamn contest bullshit that WB did.Also on a later note,would you edit this thread for ClemyClooAndBabyboo about sharing thoughts on Game reviews too I mean I LOVE RedLetterMedia and we can still keep like that,but with more YouTube reviews who do games and movie reviews. What do you think? Edit it if you want to of course,but let's also continue this thread and make sure people share there thoughts on it.

Dude, you have gotta watch the Jack and Jill review if you have the time. It's longer than their normal reviews (it's an hour long) but theu

• I think we should what Half In The Bag did here Half In The Bag's Box Office Number Cruching We should do this at some point in the next few months where some movies are coming out.

• A New Frontier was the most dissapointing thing since my son

• edited August 2017

• All the Plinkett reviews are great, SW episode II probably being my favorite. Mike makes great points obviously, but it's the wonderfully bleak and dry humor that has made me rewatch those videos so many times. Among the best videos you can find on YouTube, to be honest.

Oh, and I love the Nerd Crew episodes, because I used to watch Collider a lot for movie news, and I can say that the parody of such channels is 100% on point in the Nerd Crew vids. The only thing that's missing is the generic hot host lady who has obviously been hired just to please the horny teenagers among the viewers.

And obviously all BOTW's are great fun.

• W E W
    L A D

A New Frontier was the most dissapointing thing since my son

• CathalOHaraCathalOHara Moderator
    edited August 2017

Only discovered these guys through this thread and I've finished watching the Jack & Jill one, a movie I have seen and can say without a doubt is the worst movie I've ever watched. And it summed up my opinions on it perfectly, thanks for sharing these guys! Having a blast watching these!

• I love this right now RedLetterMedia's Rogue One Review lol Rich Evan's laugh brings joy to my heart

• What is wrong with your face?

• edited August 2017

Here's a another of Half In The Bag's Movie Review Half In The Bag Episode 114:Suicide Squad

• edited August 2017
Sign in to comment in this discussion.