Game of thrones Season Finale "The Dragon and The Wolf" Episode discussion

2»

Comments

• Yeah I suppose your right

Well I'm not a Dany fan in any regard but the reason she burned Lord Tarly and Dickon made sense. She gave them all a choice and they made t

• I want Brienne x Jaime to happen

OzzyUK posted: »

Lots of people seem to want Daenerys x Jon to happen (and they would make a great couple) but i'm still sitting here wanting Tormund x Brienne to happen.

• Dany think she can't have child because of what the witch told her back in S1,

Batteries posted: »

How can she die in childbirth if she can't have a child?

• I think that means she's completely incapable of conceiving kids, not that she would die when giving birth.

BigGazMan posted: »

Dany think she can't have child because of what the witch told her back in S1,

• She might died giving birth but , you never know

Batteries posted: »

I think that means she's completely incapable of conceiving kids, not that she would die when giving birth.

• Not saying Cersei doesn't have some humanity left in her, but I believe she only refrained from killing Tyrion because that would not only have her plan of getting Dany and Jon off her back so she could bring the Golden Company to Westeros immediately fail, but would also pretty much probably have Dany burn her and the city down, you know, for killing her Hand.

I'm not sure Cersei wouldn't have killed Tyrion under other circumstances, I too would like to think so, but unfortunately, I don't think it'd go down like that.

AgentZ46 posted: »

This might be the first ever episode of GOT that I genuinely disliked. I feel like one of those annoying book purists, the amount of ranting

• I just wish Jon had been named Jaehaerys :(

• RIP Game of Thrones writing
    [2011-2016]

• I know ,right? It's so sad that this show became a shitty fanfic...

RIP Game of Thrones writing [2011-2016]

• It's probably more realistic to believe that it was a pragmatic decision. I was just pointing out something I found interesting.

Not saying Cersei doesn't have some humanity left in her, but I believe she only refrained from killing Tyrion because that would not only h

• Changing it to 7 episodes was a bad idea. Jon x Dany is gross. Rhaegar naming both his children Aegon is weird. Euron Greyjoy continues to be a watered down poor book to show transition. Littlefinger also didn't get enough screen time this season to feel like his death was appropriate. I did like the scenes beyond the wall with the squad. Personally the show has gone down hill since Season 5 and this just shows how much damage bad writing and forced plots can do to a show.

• I heard most thought season seven was suppose to be 90 minutes each episode. I'd hope Season eight will be.

captainivy1 posted: »

From what I heard, each episode'll be like the length of the movie in the final season

• edited September 2017

I know this is Game of Thrones forum but I want to briefly divert, to just say that I find it interesting that you're able to critically pick apart the finale of Game of Throne's seventh season but not so much when it came to be critical of New Frontier's Walking Dead. If your the familiar user I've noticed recently in Walking Dead the game forums.

It's probably more realistic to believe that it was a pragmatic decision. I was just pointing out something I found interesting.

• Simply put I liked most that happened in ANF. And a lot of things in this season of GOT pissed me off. So what?

Ladariel posted: »

I know this is Game of Thrones forum but I want to briefly divert, to just say that I find it interesting that you're able to critically pic

• edited September 2017

So interesting. Because I would of guessed that you'd had loved this recent GOT finale if you liked TWD'S New Frontier writing. When New Frontier's plot generally made way less sense than the events of the Dragon and the Wolf episode. But folks sure can be full of
    Surprises.

Like if you liked banana split I would of guessed chocolate sundaes are right up your alley too but oh well ya know.. maybe chocolate breaks you out.

Simply put I liked most that happened in ANF. And a lot of things in this season of GOT pissed me off. So what?

• Okay cut the condescending bullshit. I still love GOT as a whole, there's just a couple things that I really didn't like. Don't pick an argument because you don't like my opinions about ANF.

Ladariel posted: »

So interesting. Because I would of guessed that you'd had loved this recent GOT finale if you liked TWD'S New Frontier writing. When New Fro

• The episode of average/good in my opinion but of course it's game of thrones and every episode has illogical things that will happens.
    1. Winterfell sucked. Again it was ex machina where bran saves the stars sisters but LF death scene didn't make any sense. He's accused of murdering Lisa Aryn okay but Sansa saw it and didn't comment about it she even lied to lords of the vale about it. So Sansa is a liar and bronze yohn royce didnt even care that Sansa lied to him. Then she accuses him if sending a letter to Catelyn but she burned it and there was no proof. The final accusation was that LF was working with the queen to betray ned but he was planning a coup it was hard to balme LF he did what he did to survive and then bran said that he saw him put a knife in ned's Stark throat Yohn royce believed that really??? I guess Yohn royce believe a magical boy. I almost forgot they said that the dagger was for LF but he lied about it in fact he said it was his. The lie was about how won the dagger in the tournament in the first book and show it was Robbert but LF said Tyrion. Some may saw that yohn royce wanted LF dead but the vibe of the sence is that it shows that the Starks had a plan which they didn't. They got all the information from bran . He gave them all the information on a sliver plate. The worst thing of all is that LF didn't have a plan when someone discovers this information. This is not the LF we know.
    2. Jon's snow reveal was a slap to the face of logic and fans. Aegon??? It doesn't make sense. Any other name would make sense GOD dammit D&D. It means they are merging Aegon and Jon's character Which doesn't make any sense but the good thing that this Jon and Danny romance won't happen maybe. Plus Jon is not the legitimate heir to the throne it's a long story and this post is long.
    3. I guess the rest is fine.
    I would rate it 6.5/10

• [removed]

Okay cut the condescending bullshit. I still love GOT as a whole, there's just a couple things that I really didn't like. Don't pick an argument because you don't like my opinions about ANF.

• You're going to seriously pretend that you didn't basically say that I'm full of shit?

• And with that I'll basically say good day..

You're going to seriously pretend that you didn't basically say that I'm full of shit?

• Sansa and Arya werent working together there was a deleted scene which showed Sansa asking help from bran and he tells her about LF then she decided not to capture arya.
    This shows how much winterfell sucked.

It was a great episode. Not as good as Season 6 finale, but probably the best episode this season. Cersei's role in this whole season has

• 1.) I loved/hated LF, and was sad to see him die as he did. You makes some very good points re logic and the whole Winterfell story.
    2.) How is Jon not the legitimate heir? His is a stronger claim to the throne than Daenerys. Eh... they slept together didn't they? I mean, once people find out who Jon's real parents were that is likely to cause some complications...

The episode of average/good in my opinion but of course it's game of thrones and every episode has illogical things that will happens. 1. W

• What I meant was that they worked together at the end, after learning that LF is playing them. Them having worked together all this time wouldn't even make sense.

Sansa and Arya werent working together there was a deleted scene which showed Sansa asking help from bran and he tells her about LF then she decided not to capture arya. This shows how much winterfell sucked.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.