Episode 3 spoiler discussion

Well since youtube is now flooding with spoilers and you can now go to the Australian digital stores to get the episodes (even if you don’t live in Australia like me) I figure if people want to discuss the episode do it here. I’m currently downloading the episode and will post here once I’m done playing it.

Tagged:

Comments

• Ok holy crap that episode was awesome. Telltale is definitely improving the fight scenes were perfect, the length was perfect. This comment is going to be long because I want to mention everything. That choice between Nurm and Luna almost made me want to cry and that’s something I haven’t done since TWD season 1. Episode 2 fell flat for me but now that admin (or Romio) is taking the form of Jesse and is going to find the order (the new order I presume but it would be super cool if the old order makes an appearance again). Also in the mushroom pit did the prisoners remind anyone else of certain celebrity’s? Like brick the guy who always narrated things reminded me of Morgan Freeman and the guy who painted stuff, rob always said “Happy” like “happy trees” like Bob Ross the painter he had the Afro too. I also like the fact that there are other Admins just like in minecraft how someone can become the moderator or makes someone one of a server and just abuse everyone. The ghast fight was my favorite so was the Petra fight. I assume you fight Jack if you had him get the clock. Also I ended up leaving Luna behind. I also really like the new character Xara I completely trust her even though Jack doesn’t. Really good episode exited for the next one and Batman. I give it a 9/10.

• Petra's favorite food is a SWORD?! How do you eat a SWORD?!

• edited September 2017

I wish we had an actual legitimate fight between Jesse and Petra/Jack. But it was just either one hit on them from Jesse, or nothing at all. But that ghast fight is CRAZY! Jesse is a BEAST! 10/10 IGN would play again (even though I haven't played once)

• edited September 2017

For a MC episode? Really? Gonna have to play it.

Creeper1846 posted: »

Ok holy crap that episode was awesome. Telltale is definitely improving the fight scenes were perfect, the length was perfect. This comment

• edited September 2017

[removed]

Ok holy crap that episode was awesome. Telltale is definitely improving the fight scenes were perfect, the length was perfect. This comment

• Was good besides one part then i hated the rest.
    WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE BETWEEN THE LLAMA AND NURM? AAAAAGHHHH!!!

• Yeah! That Nurm or LLuna choice made me so sad.....that might be the hardest choice in the entire MCSM series.

• Wait now that I think of it maybe we shouldn’t trust Xara. Think of it she’s escaped all those times without triggering the tnt and now she suddenly just doesn’t have a way for it not to explode maybe she just wanted someone to stay behind for some reason. Maybe she still gas some of that jerk admin in her.

• They didn't need to leave Lluna/Jack behind because they could of broke the tnt. simplities.

Wait now that I think of it maybe we shouldn’t trust Xara. Think of it she’s escaped all those times without triggering the tnt and now she

• IKR! Breaking tnt is just kind how fast it is to break blocks in creative.

They didn't need to leave Lluna/Jack behind because they could of broke the tnt. simplities.

• Sooo pretty messed up that story mode has a scene where a character straight up kills another character in cold blood; that definitely got a gasp out of me.

• Wasn't the fondest of the hug with Petra and Jack, but it was 9999999999999999999999999999999999999x better then "Jetra" or "Lukesse" hugs.

• It was a very hard choice to me too! But I like it.

• If you're talking about the warden's death, I think that happens regardless. Besides, he had it coming.

Sooo pretty messed up that story mode has a scene where a character straight up kills another character in cold blood; that definitely got a gasp out of me.

• edited September 2017

I figured, but it is a wee bit screwed up when you do delve a bit into his character; didn't seem like a awful guy in the past.

matteso586 posted: »

If you're talking about the warden's death, I think that happens regardless. Besides, he had it coming.

• God dang it I just realized the typo in the threads name. How do you edit threads again?

• edited September 2017

Only the moderator can edit threads, ask them to change it.

God dang it I just realized the typo in the threads name. How do you edit threads again?

• Okay... which one of you guys at Telltale decided to throw in a parody of Bob Ross?! (Rob)

because i love you now
  • Edit button should be on the top right of thread when you get close to it. If not, just click near there and it should appear.

God dang it I just realized the typo in the threads name. How do you edit threads again?

• They fixed it in a recent update now. The button is there.

ali1382 posted: »

Only the moderator can edit threads, ask them to change it.

• Great episode. Loved the huge hub areas. Radar proved himself to me by adapting to his "Prison Radar" alter ego. Being nice to Stella also paid off because she is working for me and knows the admin is a Jesse imposter.

Main question though is where is Lukas? Wasnt he with us when we were abducted to prison, or did i miss something?

• Thats what I was thinking when playing the episode....

They didn't need to leave Lluna/Jack behind because they could of broke the tnt. simplities.

• What if they just added the TNT to her cell after her recent escape?

Wait now that I think of it maybe we shouldn’t trust Xara. Think of it she’s escaped all those times without triggering the tnt and now she

• AdamWritesVideoGamesAdamWritesVideoGames Former Telltale Staff

I love you, too. And I wish you happy painting. ;-)

AChicken posted: »

Okay... which one of you guys at Telltale decided to throw in a parody of Bob Ross?! (Rob) because i love you now

• Lukas left for Beacon Town at the end of the previous episode I'm pretty sure.

Great episode. Loved the huge hub areas. Radar proved himself to me by adapting to his "Prison Radar" alter ego. Being nice to Stella also p

• Okay, who else thought Prisoner X was going to be Ellegaard? I think that would have been an amazing use of the Magnus/Ellegaard choice. I just wish we could see the original Order members again. It feels like they were all forgotten.

It kind of leads into why I've been feeling pretty meh about Story Mode lately. Now, I'm not a hater by any means. I don't blindly hate it, nor blindly love it. I started off really liking the game, and the whole Wither Storm story was really fun because it was completely original and I really felt invested. There was a ton of world building then with all the different cities and characters. Then the adventure pass was released and everything just felt very... over the top. It has ever since. It's felt like the world building has gone out the window, not because they're not introducing tons of new content, but because they don't remember any of it. I got a little bit of hope when they brought back Aiden from Episode 1 as the villain in Episode 5, but afterwards, nothing was ever connected again. I was so sure Soren was going to be the one behind the whole adventure pass story, and that would have been great, and tied everything in to make a coordinated and focused Season 1. But it didn't happen. When I ended season 1, I was just like... that's it? They didn't tie up anything.

Season 2 has been, for the most part, much better. The story has been continuous again, which is something I really missed in episodes 5-8. But it still doesn't feel quite right, maybe it's because the character's power crawl has been very drastic throughout the series, maybe it's because they throw away characters we've been invested in like Gabriel and Axel and Olivia in favor of some more popular ones. The dialogue is a bit corny in some places, but that can be forgiven because the whole story's kind of corny. Honestly, I think what would take this series from a 6/10 to an 8/10 or even a 9/10 at least for me would be the remembrance of past plots. When Season 2 ends, or if there's more, when the series ends, I want to look back at it as a whole and think it was a good, cohesive story that was worth seeing to the end.

Episode 3, to me, was a step in the right direction. It had good length, the characterization was great, and there were twists and turns that I didn't see coming. The choice between Luna and Nurm was almost perfect for me, except for one reason. It shouldn't have been my choice. I understand that Jesse is the leader, but he's not the sole person capable of making decisions. I mean hell, if it were you and two of your friends in that situation, and one of them just decided that you would stay behind, you'd have something to say about it. That's why the edge was given slightly to Luna for me. Nurm made a few noises before hand that sounded vaguely like acceptance, so I think he was volunteering himself. Otherwise, I think the situation was really well executed. Maybe though, instead of having that be the choice specifically, it could have been more along the lines of talking to Luna and Nurm earlier, establishing relationships with them, and then based on how you've established the relationships, they could have chosen for themselves. So it could've been like a consequence of a choice rather than a choice itself? Anyway just food for thought.

Even though I'm slightly bitter that Prisoner X wasn't Ellegaard, I think Xara was set up well. I just really hated her throughout the whole game. I think they were trying to make her seem redeemable, but also gave the option to completely side against her, which I did. She was the one who swindled her way into making me choose between Luna and Nurm. That can't go unpunished. Yeah, I have no sympathy for Xara. That may change later, but as of yet, I can really see her becoming a strong antagonist, maybe even stronger than Romeo.

Anyways, sorry for the rant guys. When I started this, I actually intended it to just be like a sentence or two.

TL;DR:

It was a solid episode, 8/10, and I hope to see it get better.

• I dunno i think it be pretty dumb if it Xara were Ellegard. I prefer the idea of a previous anon with info all about Romeo rather than "Hey guys its me Ellegard. I am in prison and stuff and I'm crazy now I guess!".

Okay, who else thought Prisoner X was going to be Ellegaard? I think that would have been an amazing use of the Magnus/Ellegaard choice. I j

• I thought this was one of the best episodes so far, I personally loved that ghast boss fight and the plot with the three admins was well thought out, still wished Lukas was in this episode

• This is minecraft haha! I'm surprised that happened.

I figured, but it is a wee bit screwed up when you do delve a bit into his character; didn't seem like a awful guy in the past.

• So did Radar and they captured him

lupinb0y posted: »

Lukas left for Beacon Town at the end of the previous episode I'm pretty sure.

• Well I'm not saying she would have been crazy. If she were Ellegaard, I'm sure most of the last half of the episode would have been drastically different.

I dunno i think it be pretty dumb if it Xara were Ellegard. I prefer the idea of a previous anon with info all about Romeo rather than "Hey guys its me Ellegard. I am in prison and stuff and I'm crazy now I guess!".

• edited September 2017

I liked the episode and while I play Telltale's games for the dialogue first and foremost, I do think that this episode had some of the best action sequences this series has seen so far. The Sunshine Institute and its atmosphere was also very well-done so props all around.

That said, I am a bit disappointed that the Sunshine Institute setting was not explored more and that it felt like certain plotlines were rushed or left unfinished like in the case of some of the inmates and especially the Warden. It seemed like they were building to something with his character and that they intended for there to be more conversations between him and Jesse before he's dismissed by the Admin. It makes the Associate path feel more incomplete in comparison to the Inmate path. His dismissal by the Admin and his subsequent death are well-handled.

I also feel that it was a missed opportunity to not include a conversation between Jesse and the Admin before the former attempts to meet Prisoner X and the latter shuts it down. It'd have been interesting on both the Inmate and Associate path especially on the latter where Jesse might be trying to maintain the ruse and have to bite back responses. I feel that it would have made for some interesting roleplaying and fitted with the episode but it's just something that I would have liked to see and not a part of my criticisms.

I'm undecided on how I feel about the revelation that there were three Admins but I'll wait and see where this goes.

Finally, I do hope that Romeo remains as I think there's enough potential in him as a villain to last more than one season and it'd be a waste to leave him completely gone by the end of this one. I'm not saying that he needs to or even should be the villain for the next season. I'm just saying that I think it'd be a good idea to include him in a rogue's gallery to serve as recurring antagonist even if he's diminished in power and don't always make a direct appearance. If he is diminished in power or completely robbed of it by the end of the season, he could still continue in that role and even have it serve as the catalyst for some character development or future plots like him trying to become powerful some other way. Could be an interesting way of bringing back journeying through a thousand doors.

All in all, a fine outing for the series and good work on Telltale's part.

• it was so good, it redeemed the game for me.

enter image description here

• It is really screwed up, especially if you take into consideration that he didn't want to be down there either. He says himself that not all prisoners wear orange.

• Uhm, it is impossible to break TNT with mining fatigue. You don't have the stuff to make something, and you clearly can't use blocks... Creative mode is not an option. There is no creative mode in MCSM...

• edited September 2017

These types of theories make me cringe.. I also want to ask a question... why do ppl think the old order is jealous of the new order? To the point to where they act straight up crazy and rude towards them? It seems like they were pretty fine with them becoming the new order, Axel and Olivia mentioned how they let them help them and get along with them. Makes no sense.

Well I'm not saying she would have been crazy. If she were Ellegaard, I'm sure most of the last half of the episode would have been drastically different.

• another person who is against their own gender?

Mafon2 posted: »

it was so good, it redeemed the game for me.

• Most epic episode they made, no question

• edited September 2017

I'm just saying they should still be part of the story. I never said that the old order is jealous of the new ones. Basically what I was saying is that while I was playing the game leading up to the meeting with Prisoner X, I was so sure it was going to be Ellegaard. And after it was revealed I was wrong, I'm kind of disappointed they didn't do that. It would have worked really well.

And I'm not saying that they would just graft Xara's story onto Ellegaard. She wouldn't be crazy, and she wouldn't be a former admin. Maybe if it was Ellegaard you could spend the rest of the episode trying to find a way out with red stone and if it was Magnus you could break your way out with TNT and the like.

It's not even really a theory, not anymore. It was just an observation that I have, a way I would have done it differently if I were in charge.

Tekano posted: »

These types of theories make me cringe.. I also want to ask a question... why do ppl think the old order is jealous of the new order? To the

• Not that cool. I had to leave behind a good person ;-; i would of left behind like if vos wasn't the admin i would leave vos behind.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.