Any chance of the Rewind feature in future games?

So I noticed that from Batman S1 onward, recent Telltale games have adopted an identical interface in the menus for stuff like settings and episode/save file selection. The downside to the feature set here is that the ability to rewind episodes now seems to be absent.

In older games like TWD S1, I liked to copy-paste my original save and rewind in the copy to try different choices without having to play all the way from the episode's start, but that doesn't seem to be an option any more. Is there any possibility of Rewind or a similar feature being re-incorporated into future games?

Tagged:

Comments

• They've mentioned previously that they would possibly look into it if the demand for the feature to return was high enough.

• Here's hoping, then!

They've mentioned previously that they would possibly look into it if the demand for the feature to return was high enough.

• edited September 2017

Thread: why did they remove the 'rewind' feature?

I know there's like 1 million other threads asking the same question, but I cant find an answer. Someone said that it was removed because "not enough people were using it." ??? Thats a pretty strange reason. can someone confirm this?

well.. fingers crossed its in the next games. i don't wanna replay a whole episode just to choose a different dialogue option.

• Yes that's the reason it was removed according to Job (in his AMA). Pretty dumb reason. Very dumb reason.

cleminist posted: »

Thread: why did they remove the 'rewind' feature? I know there's like 1 million other threads asking the same question, but I cant find

• hahaha wow. theres a rewind feature in the developers console so it really wouldn't take much effort to just add it in. lazziiiinessssss

Yes that's the reason it was removed according to Job (in his AMA). Pretty dumb reason. Very dumb reason.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.