Episode 2 spoiler discussion

Well since it’s midnight for the lucky people in new Zeland the episode is out or coming super soon. YouTube will probably be flooded with spoilers by now. So if you want to discuss the episode do it here. I will post my thoughts once I get home. FYI if you are on a console and don’t live in Australia of new Zeland you can do what I do and change your consoles region in settings to get the episode today like I do.

Tagged:

Comments

• edited October 2017

Flirts with Harley...making John jealous is worth it.

• edited October 2017

overwhelmed with feels I wish I could play this episode on something I ownnnnn

My Bruce would totally be open with Gordon, John and Tiffany. I'd have tried to save Harley and (cautiously) be in her good graces. Bane is hot, but I don't think I'm okay with him being so favoring towards Riddler. I understand that Mori is a war criminal, but Riddler did hold hostages that weren't about all that. I'm so glad Selina is back! John is so bi for Harley and Bruce, it just adds to the awesomeness of this version of his character. (I really didn't care for previous versions of anyone but Harley.) Gordon has a daughter, I dunno how to feel about that, but chances are Bruce probably won't be getting with him despite the tease by Waller (bite napkin and cries) speaking of, where the fuck did she, like, argh. I don't trust Regina, but I would've told her it's a business opportunity. I would not have accepted Harley's advances cuz it'd just break John's heart. The player I saw approached the subject of dead parents poorly. Avesta's so freaking nice! "I know who you are, too. You're Batman!" was equal parts sweet and cringy. I can't handle how packed with content this episode was for being 90-100 minutes! Why can't TWD be this good? I just want everyone to be happy and safe and provided for by Bruce's vast amount of wealth. Also, that Lucius flashback, clever and welcome.

Edit: changed wouldn't to would at the beginning, autocorrect is one of my many Banes

• When YOU HAVE BEEN CHANGES ITS REGION FOR WHICH YOU CHANGED ?

• I'm glad Avesta knows we are Batman and I like that potential romance between Iman Avesta and Bruce Wayne is hinting a lot in this episode. I trust her a lot and I hope the romance happens. BTW flirting with Harley Quinn is by far funny and interesting.I mean I'm not really down making John jealous and all. Not gonna accept Harley's advances when given a option. Still look forward to the episode

overwhelmed with feels I wish I could play this episode on something I ownnnnn My Bruce would totally be open with Gordon, John and Tiffa

• Poor John. If you look in his room he really is hugely into Harley.
    But Harley is not so subtely flirting with us, no doubt this is going to cause tension between Bruce and him.

Shorter but eventful episode. Oh, and Catwoman is working with the pact as everyone predicted.

I'm not sure what to do with her now. Her choices, her consequences after all. If she wants to go down with them then that's fair enough.

strwar3 posted: »

I'm glad Avesta knows we are Batman and I like that potential romance between Iman Avesta and Bruce Wayne is hinting a lot in this episode.

• God, that was really good. I think Batman is going to be, if it isn't already, one of my favourite Telltale games. And also John is so fucking gay for Bruce I loVE IT.

• MrJavaMrJava Banned
    edited October 2017

WORTH ITT !

enter image description here

• I'm glad Avesta knows we are Batman

No she doesnt know how did you made up ? Waller promised she wont tell anyone about this.

strwar3 posted: »

I'm glad Avesta knows we are Batman and I like that potential romance between Iman Avesta and Bruce Wayne is hinting a lot in this episode.

• edited October 2017

OMG, OMG, OMG. The scenes where Harley flirts with Bruce in front of John. I swear to God, Telltale. If you pull up another Bruce/Harvey/Selina or Javier/David/Kate stupid love triangles, I will stop watching Batman as well just like I did with Guardians and Minecraft S2 because it's becoming stupid and predictable. STOP RECYCLING THE SAME SHIT OVER AND OVER AGAIN, you lazy bastards. I already love John as a good friend of Bruce Wayne and not as an enemy of Batman (Yet).

Anyway, it was a good episode, I dunno if it's better than the first one or not but I liked the development of their version of Harley Quinn. She definitely killed Margot Robbie's Harley Quinn from Suicide Squad. The introduction of Mr. Freeze was so weak in my opinion, he just popped out panicking because of the EMP and acting like a minor character, I thought he was one of the best Batman villains in Comic history and he is the reason we have got the best boss fight in Arkham Trilogy.

As I said, good episode. I'd probably rate it 8/10.

• The entrance of the Mr.Freeze was disappointed and made me unsatisfied. However, Bane and Harley Quinn is good portrayed. Cant complain about this, tho.

AronDracula posted: »

OMG, OMG, OMG. The scenes where Harley flirts with Bruce in front of John. I swear to God, Telltale. If you pull up another Bruce/Harvey/Sel

• edited October 2017

Harley was definitely the best but if I was playing the game, I would not let her touch Bruce because fuck love triangles and I don't want John to turn on me.

As for Bane, he is really cool and an asshole but I'd still prefer Tom Hardy's Bane from Nolan's Trilogy despite his stupid-written death. Bane's fate in this universe better be satisfying.

MrJava posted: »

The entrance of the Mr.Freeze was disappointed and made me unsatisfied. However, Bane and Harley Quinn is good portrayed. Cant complain about this, tho.

• MrJavaMrJava Banned
    edited October 2017

Dude I gotta feeling that John will turn on us anyway because you will know what I mean if you look the cover of Episode 5. So at least I took the opportunity :D But kinda feel bad for John after that, I gotta say. I made him jealous twice and dont know if it will affect seriously or not.

I didnt watch the film but I can say that this version of Bane is good as well.

Harley was definitely the best but if I was playing the game, I would not let her touch Bruce because fuck love triangles and I don't want J

• You are wrong. Avesta actually tells Waller we are Batman not the other way around.

Look at some gameplay footage on Youtube.

You really should consider toning down the aggressivity when you clearly are wrong.

I'm glad Avesta knows we are Batman No she doesnt know how did you made up ? Waller promised she wont tell anyone about this.

• Yeah but sometimes, the episode cover arts don't have any connection with their episodes. Look at the cover art of Episode 5 from Tales from the Borderlands, it had nothing to do with the actual episode. But I could be wrong, of course. But John must have good reasons to turn on me, the love triangle better not be one of them.

Oh shit, I gave spoilers by accident.

Dude I gotta feeling that John will turn on us anyway because you will know what I mean if you look the cover of Episode 5. So at least I t

• I loved this episode, I loved seeing one of my favorite villains too, although at the same time I disliked her at moments but that's how Harley is meant to feel, great one minute, painful the next.

• MrJavaMrJava Banned
    edited October 2017

LOL how did you understand that I am so aggressive when I write it ?

You really should consider stop making assumptions while you are clearly wrong.

You are wrong. Avesta actually tells Waller we are Batman not the other way around. Look at some gameplay footage on Youtube. You really should consider toning down the aggressivity when you clearly are wrong.

• No worries, I finished the Tales From The Borderlands. Decent game, man. I bought Borderlands 2 because of it.

You maybe right about this. Maybe Bruce-John relationship will be handled different than John-Batman.

Yeah but sometimes, the episode cover arts don't have any connection with their episodes. Look at the cover art of Episode 5 from Tales from

• No worries, I finished the Tales From The Borderlands. Decent game, man. I bought Borderlands 2 because of it.

I was actually talking about The Dark Knight trilogy.

No worries, I finished the Tales From The Borderlands. Decent game, man. I bought Borderlands 2 because of it. You maybe right about this. Maybe Bruce-John relationship will be handled different than John-Batman.

• Still, no problem.

No worries, I finished the Tales From The Borderlands. Decent game, man. I bought Borderlands 2 because of it. I was actually talking about The Dark Knight trilogy.

• She managed to be annoying but attractive at the same time.

prink34320 posted: »

I loved this episode, I loved seeing one of my favorite villains too, although at the same time I disliked her at moments but that's how Harley is meant to feel, great one minute, painful the next.

• No, he's right. If you pick the dialogue option that says "Does she know my secret?" Waller laughs and tells you "Who do you think told me who you are?"

At 1:06:51

LOL how did you understand that I am so aggressive when I write it ? You really should consider stop making assumptions while you are clearly wrong.

• BEHOLD!!! The Telltale version of Bane breaking the Bat.

• I wonder if he will appear again. He will be pissed if so.

I think I'm going to make sure I get the counter-agent from Waller and hope he takes it. This should neutralize him.

• After being out all day I finally played the episode and it was really good. I love how they introduced the pact (but Freezes introduction was kind of weak). That cliffhanger was really cool but expected because of the episode 3 art. No matter what I will always be loyal to Gordon although Waller is proving to be a little more trustworthy. A solid episode 8.5/10.

• Who else thought that Telltale won't use the frozen dying wife backstory if they introduce Mr. Freeze?

• Ok didnt notice. Thanks for the heads up.

bloop posted: »

No, he's right. If you pick the dialogue option that says "Does she know my secret?" Waller laughs and tells you "Who do you think told me who you are?" At 1:06:51

• They are using the classic character myths so far(Joker in Arkham, Harley is a doctor in Arkham and she bailed him out, Bane is so familiar with Arkham Origin version) so I guessed they would use this one as well.

matteso586 posted: »

Who else thought that Telltale won't use the frozen dying wife backstory if they introduce Mr. Freeze?

• Do you guys think Harley/Bane will be in jail or they somehow will manage to escape come back for revenge for abandoning him/her ? I personally dont think FBI will be able to put Bane in jail since he is a gigantic maniac.

• Yeah Band looks like he can handle all those guys especially with Venom in him but he will probably be caught because of plot because Harley probably will be caught. I regret my choice though because I rather have Bane stay behind than Harley I just stopped Bane from killing the agents because he would be more brutal and Harley might just knock them unconscious.

Do you guys think Harley/Bane will be in jail or they somehow will manage to escape come back for revenge for abandoning him/her ? I personally dont think FBI will be able to put Bane in jail since he is a gigantic maniac.

• What choices did you need to make for that extra dialogue to happen? I'm almost positive my conversation ended with Waller on the prior dialogue wheel. Seems like a huge thing to not mention. Especially considering for me shes alive.

Ok didnt notice. Thanks for the heads up.

• Well there are two ways for Bane to get caught. If you are working with Waller she will give you Venom counter-agent and you can secretly.place it on Bane. If you do that and leave him on the road, he will eject it and would have a WTF face on him, because Venom wont work. Or if you dont plant it on him or dont have it at all he will be Venom enchanced and start crashing Agency cars.
    It would be cool if he will get caught or not depending on this factor, because i dont see how he could escape The Agency if he is not Venom enhanced

Do you guys think Harley/Bane will be in jail or they somehow will manage to escape come back for revenge for abandoning him/her ? I personally dont think FBI will be able to put Bane in jail since he is a gigantic maniac.

• edited October 2017

Waller gave me a "venom antidote" to wreck Banes ability. I planted it on him so when he injected himself with it he realised it wasn't his venom so he was stuck as an ordinary guy fighting off the agents. They should be able to easily take him down if hes just a guy.

Creeper1846 posted: »

Yeah Band looks like he can handle all those guys especially with Venom in him but he will probably be caught because of plot because Harley

• He got 2 bullets on his shoulder and he was like "WHATEVER"

I guess it depends if you have good relationship with Waller, right ? Otherwise, I guess she wont give it to you.

0v3rp0w3r posted: »

Well there are two ways for Bane to get caught. If you are working with Waller she will give you Venom counter-agent and you can secretly.pl

• I thought it was really good! I think it's just below Episode 1 in terms of ranking though. It was a well written Bruce-centric episode. I really like Bane and Harley but as many have said, Mr. Freeze is definitely the weakest character so far (that could change obviously). Great voice acting as usual, animation as well was really well done apart from a few scenes, action scenes are really cool and well choreographed (though sparse) and I'm loving the idea of Bruce infiltrating the Pact.

Nice to see our choices taking effect in this episode with Tiffany and Avesta as well. Joker is great as usual and I hope to keep being best buddies with him :D

The episode felt less polished than the previous one in my opinion. There was some stuttering at the start, Harley/Bane can be shot but act like it's nothing (no bullet holes or anything) which is disappointing considering Riddler's appearance changes from the fights with Batman. The hubs were nice but there wasn't much to interact with at all. The final choice at the end was a little confusing and didn't initially feel like a big choice due to how it was framed. Catwoman's appearance at the end was great if you have Bane with you but it's really awkward if you got Harley.

I also wish there was a rewind feature so I could redo the last choice (I got Bane instead of Harley) instead of having to replay the whole episode.

• What happens if u save Harley but don’t sabotage bane

• Just to confirm there's no comic book magic going on here... That's part of a game over screen right?

BEHOLD!!! The Telltale version of Bane breaking the Bat.

• edited October 2017

Harley is a doctor in Arkham and she bailed him out

Actually no. The doctor who released him was Joan Leland, the one who he convinced he was sane enough to leave. (Same doctor in opening of S1 Episode 4)

They are using the classic character myths so far(Joker in Arkham, Harley is a doctor in Arkham and she bailed him out, Bane is so familiar with Arkham Origin version) so I guessed they would use this one as well.

• Harley might just knock them unconscious

I didn't trust her with that. Sure, she KO'd that security guard, but I guess it was because she didn't want muh evidence left behind. Wasn't in the mood for a killing spree.
    When Alfred was talking about the Bank she robbed, he said that she did it all herself, and killed many people -- caving their heads in with the sledgehammer.

Still, you're right about Bane being deadlier. I chose to cut off Harley because I didn't know how Bruce would have stopped Bane in his rampage, or the person he was going to kill.

Creeper1846 posted: »

Yeah Band looks like he can handle all those guys especially with Venom in him but he will probably be caught because of plot because Harley

• There is still a lot of questions about John.

He showed up in Arkham one day and NO ONE remembers how he got there? wtf is up with that?

Then no one ever seems to talk about the season finale scene where hes talking in a much more Joker like voice wearing a suit. Implying what I always thought was that everything we saw from him was just an act.

First two eps now seem to complicate that. Did they decide against it? Or is he also playing a game with his buddies...

AChicken posted: »

Harley is a doctor in Arkham and she bailed him out Actually no. The doctor who released him was Joan Leland, the one who he convinced he was sane enough to leave. (Same doctor in opening of S1 Episode 4)

• He roids out and fucks the agency up

xxplvb posted: »

What happens if u save Harley but don’t sabotage bane

Sign in to comment in this discussion.