Who killed him? SPOILERS FOR EPISODE 1 & 2 OF TEW!

So something that really surprised me in episode 2 is that Riddler's killer is still unknown. I like that though! So the Pact (particularly Bane) doesn't seem to have a clue who killed him. Bane seems upset about his death, going as far as to say that he didn't deserve it. So it's got me wondering... who the hell killed him!? Could it have been a member of the pact? Could be a traitor. We know it was someone who could make drugs and such. Though we don't know if who made it and used it are the same person.

My main two suspects are John and Bane. Though I'm not sure if they have the know how to make such a weapon, they have motivation. John being the obvious one, his motive is that he hates the Riddler, but he's expressed that he's not murderer. Bane's motive would be to take over. John revealed that Riddler was the leader, it seems to me that Bane has now taken a leadership role. But I'm not sold on it because Bane appears upset about his death.

So what do you think? Who killed the Riddler?

Comments

• I have a feeling Waller knows who did that, and she may have orchestrated the whole thing.

• At first I thought it was the Joker they even said in episode 1 “his friends betrayed him”. Joker always said he hated riddler so I still have my supsions. Or one thing I thought of which has a very small chance of being true is it being Selina.

• Well interesting fact when batman tells bane and his men he's dead the soldiers seem surprised bane doesn't.

• I think Harley did it. You see them after he is shot and its a skinny person

• Well, who has good enough aim to make that shot?

• I thought I saw John's silhouette on the bridge right after the Riddler was killed.

I'm divided right now, regarding John. Some of the stuff he did lately (like being able to make the EMP go off on purpose) make me think that maybe he is hiding his game from everybody, including Harley. She says he "has heaps of potential, but is still a growing boy". I'm not so sure that's true, I think maybe that's what he wants everybody in the Pact to think.

• edited October 2017

Guys, in John's room there is a picture of him and Riddler, who has X's on his eyes and an arrow through his neck...

It was totally John that killed him.

Edit: Also, this line: "Yeah he was kind of our leader, but he was just so bad at it and so intolerably annoying .... (snaps out of it) I - I thought he'd be out of the picture by the time you came around."

• Crosses and X's aren't the worldwide symbol for "I totally killed that person" He hated him, that's why he did that.

Guys, in John's room there is a picture of him and Riddler, who has X's on his eyes and an arrow through his neck... It was totally John

• The arrow through the neck implies that John knew Riddler was killed by a projectile to the neck. The only way he would know that is if he was there.

AgentZ46 posted: »

Crosses and X's aren't the worldwide symbol for "I totally killed that person" He hated him, that's why he did that.

• Or he just got lucky with that drawing...

John wouldn't be capable of cold-blooded murder, right? Right?
    Plz no john

The arrow through the neck implies that John knew Riddler was killed by a projectile to the neck. The only way he would know that is if he was there.

• Riiiiiiight, lol. He just happens to draw exactly how Riddler died. And he just happened to take extreme psychotic joy at his death. And he just happened to have the motive.

I would love to believe it, haha, it's just pretty obvious that John is playing us at least a bit.

AChicken posted: »

Or he just got lucky with that drawing... John wouldn't be capable of cold-blooded murder, right? Right? Plz no john

• Yeah, that's what I fear.
    Seeing "the Joker" we've all come to love in other media being psychotic and murderous is kind of exhilerating. You can't imagine him without it and don't know what he'll do next.
    Seeing Telltale's "John Doe" act pretty rationally and have some restraint is a breath of fresh air. I just want to preserve this type of Joker for as long as I can. He's just such a well written character in this series.

Riiiiiiight, lol. He just happens to draw exactly how Riddler died. And he just happened to take extreme psychotic joy at his death. And he

• Joker also has a sick sense of humor. Like finding murder funny. Still don't think Joker is capable of pulling of a shot from that distance.

The arrow through the neck implies that John knew Riddler was killed by a projectile to the neck. The only way he would know that is if he was there.

• Yeah I somehow doubt he's adept with a large rifle like that. It doesn't suit him.

AnimalBoy posted: »

Joker also has a sick sense of humor. Like finding murder funny. Still don't think Joker is capable of pulling of a shot from that distance.

• I very much agree with you. The performance of Ingruber is also praiseworthy. Definitely gives John Doe a lot of texture.

AChicken posted: »

Yeah, that's what I fear. Seeing "the Joker" we've all come to love in other media being psychotic and murderous is kind of exhilerating. Y

• The figure that shot him looked male, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

John seems like too obvious a choice, given he's frequently said he disliked him and Bruce outright asked him if he did it.

Riddler was expecting his partners to show up at the Lady of Dublin, but Bane, Harley and Mr Freeze were all busy pulling jobs at different locations around the city at roughly the same time, and none of them seemed to know anything about being there, so I assume Riddler was right about John setting him up by not telling anyone to met there. But given it seems they needed Riddler for the next part of the plan, and thus had to steal the body back, killing him like that doesn't seem to line up with The Pact's intentions.

I would have said it was the Agency, but Waller intended to capture Riddler and use him as a way to infiltrate 'The Pact', so that seems unlikely now too.

I wouldn't rule out another character/group that we haven't seen yet. Possibly Catwoman, but I'm not sure why.

Right now, my best guess would be Tiffany.
    It's unexpected and out of left field, unrelated to the rest of the 'Pact' storyline, but still a plausible motive given Riddler killed her father.

• It'd be a great twist if it were Tiffany that took the shot. Thus far all evidence is lining up to it being John. In the bar meeting with him while discussing Riddler's death, when he asks if you think he's capable of killing Riddler, if you say no he actually seems irritated and mutters under his breath. He has the most likely motives as Riddler seems to be a bother to the people he does care for - Bruce and Harley. Being annoyed by the Riddler wasn't enough to push him to act, but once Riddler was on Harley's bad side and causing grief to Bruce, he took care of the problem.

The figure that shot him looked male, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. John seems like too obvious a choice, given he's freque

• It could've been Deadshot, yes we haven't seen him but it could be that he was hired by Joker or Harley to have him take out The Riddler because remember they didn't like him and also Deadshot is a mercenary was probably paid with the diamonds that Harley stole. Perhaps this season is already setting up a season 3 where Batman has to fight The Suicide Squad and depending on what choices you make could determine who his allies are and who is a part of The Suicide Squad? Just my opinions.

Poptarts posted: »

It'd be a great twist if it were Tiffany that took the shot. Thus far all evidence is lining up to it being John. In the bar meeting with hi

• Deadshot is a possibility, especially if it were a set up by Waller after all -- and as much fun as it would be to see Deadshot portrayed by Telltale, I'm really hoping it isn't. My only mild disappointment in Season 2 thus far is how many villains there are. It makes for a great variety, but little personal connection. Episode 2 wasn't short, but it felt short because of how sandwiched the time we had with Freeze and Bane was.

I'd be absolutely alright with this with a villain on the level of let's say Condiment King ( sorry I keep squeezing him into conversations ), but for the really heavy hitters like Freeze and Bane it seems like such a huge waste of great men. Adding the appearance of Catwoman to the mix of the next episode, I can't help but be concerned that some of the best villains in Batman's rogue galleries aren't going to get their proper due. I'd hate for that to be the case with Deadshot - making a brief appearance in a later episode.

That's just me though. I am so in love with what TellTale has done with Season 2, I'm really hoping for another Season already, and we're only two episodes in. It's to the creators credit that I'm hoping they don't introduce every Batman character in town in this one.

It could've been Deadshot, yes we haven't seen him but it could be that he was hired by Joker or Harley to have him take out The Riddler bec

• I understand what you are saying and I hope they don't start introducing that many characters either because I like the realistic feel they added to the characters while keeping it really close to the Batman mythos. The characters, voice acting, and story is all amazing work by TellTale. They can easily continue this series for many more seasons. I also think that the choices players make in this game are more impactful than other games.

Poptarts posted: »

Deadshot is a possibility, especially if it were a set up by Waller after all -- and as much fun as it would be to see Deadshot portrayed by

• I believe the Agency is controlling the villains as an excuse to take over Gotham law enforcement. Then again maybe I've been listening to Infowars too much.

• Exactly, it amazes me how little I seem to see people talking about how John could be playing everyone.

I mean FFS the season finale basically screams this as loud as it can. More traditional looking and sounding John talking all insidious.

Also when you talk about Riddlers death with him he gets a more serious tone like this whole thing is just a game to him.

His reason for being in Arkham has also never been reexamined either. They literally said something like. Oh thats John. He just kinda showed up here awhile back and no one remembers how he got here. How is that not a huge red flag lol.

Abeille posted: »

I thought I saw John's silhouette on the bridge right after the Riddler was killed. I'm divided right now, regarding John. Some of the st

• Well I'm personally hoping they do something more interesting than the whole evil manipulator. Though I'm not sure I buy the idea of him playing everyone. He's certainly smarter than he appears but I don't think he's wearing a mask like a whole lot of other characters. John more often than not acts emotionally. For example he seems visibly angry if Harley says Bruce feels sorry for him. Or if he gets the sense he's upset Bruce in anyway.

Point is that I'd be really disappointed if he turns out to be this master manipulator.

I thought I saw John's silhouette on the bridge right after the Riddler was killed. I'm divided right now, regarding John. Some of the st

• Pretty obvious that it's John. He states that he hates Riddler and Waller said that he was in feud with Harley. John loves Harley and would want to get rid of the Riddler. Combine with his personal hatred for him - there is your motive.

• edited October 2017

It is kinda what the Joker does though. Might as well have Deadshot in the game but have him be an awful shot.

I feel like there is a strong chance he will NOT be the manipulator but im 50/50. I actually would applaud them for having the balls to portray the current Harley/John situation the way it appears and have it NOT actually be the way it appears. Seeing as how predictable that spin was...

He's either playing everyone or TT was leaving that option open and went away from it. Season 1 finale sure made it look like he was going to be geared up for a major role AGAINST Batman/Bruce Wayne. Afterall he is bascially the main Batman villian. Assuming he's not a manipulator it would seem like we would always have the chance to keep him "cool" with us. The two at the same time seems impossible.

Well I'm personally hoping they do something more interesting than the whole evil manipulator. Though I'm not sure I buy the idea of him pla

• I do think it's him as well.

0v3rp0w3r posted: »

Pretty obvious that it's John. He states that he hates Riddler and Waller said that he was in feud with Harley. John loves Harley and would want to get rid of the Riddler. Combine with his personal hatred for him - there is your motive.

• I fully expect John to go full villain at some point but I just really feel that he doesn't have to be a manipulator. I feel that it'd really ruin the awesome dynamic with him and Bruce.

PHub07 posted: »

It is kinda what the Joker does though. Might as well have Deadshot in the game but have him be an awful shot. I feel like there is a str

• My bet is still on Joker. He wanted Harley to like him and gain more power instead of Riddler being the leader.

• I kinda assumed it was John simply because it was a green colored dart. Figure if they hired Deadshot he would of just used a normal gun.

• edited October 2017

John is basically the Harley in his relationship with Harleen.

Traditionally Harley kind of downplays how smart or competent she is so she doesn't show Joker up. Maybe John is the same way?

It might explain why he's acting more passive and docile then he was in season 1, beyond the fact that he hasn't become The Joker yet.

• That's what I got at first, yeah. Maybe our relationship with him will make him stay as "the Harley" of the relationship or become The Joker.

But I'm not so sure, I'm still expecting TellTale to bamboozle us here. They have some pretty good writers working on TEW, keeping me on my toes.

Frontier246 posted: »

John is basically the Harley in his relationship with Harleen. Traditionally Harley kind of downplays how smart or competent she is so sh

• I'm not sure. In a Reddit AMA, one of the developers said that John is being honest when he calls Bruce "his friend".

I fully expect John to go full villain at some point but I just really feel that he doesn't have to be a manipulator. I feel that it'd really ruin the awesome dynamic with him and Bruce.

• Either Waller killed him to hide his connection to the Agency (he said the Agency "made him"), or John and/or Harley did (because he hated him).

• That is also a possibility.

Mawrak posted: »

Either Waller killed him to hide his connection to the Agency (he said the Agency "made him"), or John and/or Harley did (because he hated him).

• edited October 2017

If it really was John that would be kinda disappointing, cause it wouldn't be much of a surprise since everyone suspects him. I've been starting to think The Agency is somehow involved as well..

Either Waller killed him to hide his connection to the Agency (he said the Agency "made him"), or John and/or Harley did (because he hated him).

• Riddler seemed pretty convinced that someone from the Pact killed him. That or he meant something else by "They broke the pact!"

• Riddler could have been referring to one of them killing him or that they didn't show up like they were supposed to. Or both.

I'm still undecided on who killed him.

Riddler seemed pretty convinced that someone from the Pact killed him. That or he meant something else by "They broke the pact!"

• Waller had him killed. I think she may be working with deadshot

• Any Infowars is too much Infowars, for the record, but I do like that theory. I think, secretly, that the agency might be a villain because it might actually be persuasive enough to warp Bruce's morals.

ClemRanger posted: »

I believe the Agency is controlling the villains as an excuse to take over Gotham law enforcement. Then again maybe I've been listening to Infowars too much.

• I assumed Harley was a part of the mix, because she is a psychiatrist and would maybe know how to mix that cocktail of toxins which proved so lethal. Both John and Harley have motive; they don't like how he treats them, plus Harley would want the power - she likes trouble when she's the one causing it.Would John have that knowledge about medicines? The silhouette does appear male but I'm not sure John has the skills to be a sharpshooter so it still leaves up in the air who actually shot the dart.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.