Which Mask do you prefer and why? ( Extremely mild spoilers for Ep 2 )

Episode 2 is out, and TellTale has delivered yet again. In the latest development, we spend relatively little time as Batman and explore the world through Bruce Wayne. While some might find the pacing slower because of this, I find the change exhilarating.

The stakes are so much higher as Bruce Wayne. No gadgets. No body armor. Every decision is inescapable as his face and name will be judged not only by the court of public opinion, but if arrested - by the court of law.

On the other hand, the short stints we did play as Batman were some real highlights. Being defeated by Bane was very reminiscent of the comics. Even though I've been in a very pro-Waller play through, never have I admired nor adored Gordon more than when I revealed on the rooftop that Waller knew my identity. His words have stuck with me that he knows who 'I' am too. I'm Batman.

So what was your view/opinion of playing more as Bruce this episode? Did you miss playing as Batman through the majority of an episode? Is this something you hope TellTale continues?

Comments

• I think that the whole Bruce Wayne thing is really well done because we know that Batman is a man with gadgets and martial arts however, as Bruce Wayne he is just a man. If he fights to well then the public well find out he is Batman. When being held by Bane in the hideout he can kick Bane however he is holding back because when he was Batman he was able to escape that grab. Also the whole Harley Quinn flirt or don't flirt was pretty good because Bruce Wayne is a playboy and is seen by the public as a man who sleeps with as many women as he can, Victor Fries says that Bruce knows more about lust than love. Bruce is also protective of Alfred and seeing Alfred being affected by Bruce's choices as a criminal may let him feel like he is losing the Bruce he raised and that he is becoming more like his father Thomas Wayne. These are just my opinion but I do like the more Bruce and less Batman in episode 2 hopefully the next episode will include a bit more Batman.

• I do really like that he's using his father's now tarnished image for the greater good, and I'm hoping that there are opportunities for Bruce to get a bit lost along the way or at least face the temptations there of. That might highly depend on what the actual plans of the Pact are, which are still under wraps as of the end of Episode 2.

Having Alfred see more of Thomas in Bruce along the way is also something that I'm wondering if it will happen. The way that I'm going as Bruce, I might also have made Tiffany a future enemy if I'm not careful. It's these little variances that make for an exciting story.

I think that the whole Bruce Wayne thing is really well done because we know that Batman is a man with gadgets and martial arts however, as

• I've been wondering what their plans have been ever since Bruce infiltrated their base. I wondered if Vicki's plans were being continued by The Pact, because Harley mentions that she was helping Cobblepot in Blackgate. I doubt it because they don't seem to be using the drug that Vicki used but perhaps they could be using something else? I mean the story hasn't revealed anything major about their plans other than they can stop electricity for a certain amount of time and open anything owned by Wayne Enterprises. I think Thomas Wayne has just an important role in this story similar to the first season.

Also how did Oz find out about the secret room when Bruce took the only way of opening the door away from him? Or is this only said if I chose for Batman to stop Penguin?

Poptarts posted: »

I do really like that he's using his father's now tarnished image for the greater good, and I'm hoping that there are opportunities for Bruc

• I loved getting to play as Bruce so much, and I hope that continues. It's a nice change from the Arkham games where you're pretty much only playing as Batman. It's more realistic this way and more enjoyable being able to play as both.

• Yea you pretty much never play as Bruce Wayne in any of the Batman games. I think this is an awesome game because of how important Bruce is to Batman and Batman is to Bruce Wayne.

I loved getting to play as Bruce so much, and I hope that continues. It's a nice change from the Arkham games where you're pretty much only playing as Batman. It's more realistic this way and more enjoyable being able to play as both.

• edited October 2017

never have I admired nor adored Gordon more than when I revealed on the rooftop that Waller knew my identity.

Agreed! His lines gave me shivers!

I wanted to tell him. I hate that Avesta and Waller know but he doesn't, after all we've been through, I just felt like he deserved to know too.

But then he gave that speech, and I see now that it doesn't matter to him who is Batman. Batman is Batman, that's all he needs him to be. That complete trust and willingness to help... I just hope we don't end up disappointing him.

• My Bruce and Batman are interchangeable; kind until they have to be brutal. That being said I definitely teared up when I revealed my identity to Gordon.

• edited October 2017

To be honest, I didn't notice or care about the lack of Batman in this episode.
    It's really fun to be able to play as the the real man behind the mask. And with all this strange but different look on Batman's rogues gallery, I want more of it. It's cool to interact and learn more about these characters face to face instead of fist to fist. Sometimes even heart to heart.

I don't like Bruce getting tangled up in their crimes, or them messing with his business, but more of hearing their stories is a welcome thing.
    I just hope we get a bit more Batman time later on. Maybe using the knowledge learnt from conversations with the Pact, we can interfere as Batman.. Too bad we can't participate in both at the same time.

In terms of which one I prefer.. My Bruce would say Batman. He's someone most people fear and can easily get info out of people through fear tactics or brute force. Bruce Wayne needs some workarounds for intel, and sometimes they aren't pleasant.

• I agree 100%.

Yea you pretty much never play as Bruce Wayne in any of the Batman games. I think this is an awesome game because of how important Bruce is to Batman and Batman is to Bruce Wayne.

• Wait you can reveal your identity to Gordon? When? How?

My Bruce and Batman are interchangeable; kind until they have to be brutal. That being said I definitely teared up when I revealed my identity to Gordon.

• I think he just means telling Gordon that Waller knows your identity.

Wait you can reveal your identity to Gordon? When? How?

• Also how did Oz find out about the secret room when Bruce took the only way of opening the door away from him? Or is this only said if I chose for Batman to stop Penguin?

This is something I've been wondering for quite some time. That being said, considering the number of growing people that are able to access Bruce Wayne's secret area, I'm shocked the cleaning lady wasn't discovered in the vault instead of Tiffany. :)

I've been wondering what their plans have been ever since Bruce infiltrated their base. I wondered if Vicki's plans were being continued by

• On one hand, I would love to have Gordon know who I am, and on the other... I'm glad that it's kept from him so he doesn't have any conflicts from his conscience on whether or not he's compromised his integrity by not bringing Batman in for the crimes that he commits during his vigilante actions to help the citizens of Gotham. I'm honestly torn as to whether I'd rather see TellTale introduce Batgirl as Tiffany or Barbara Gordon because both Fox and Gordon are in a very real way family for Batman.

I still wouldn't mind seeing them introduce Robin into the mythos, although I'm really hoping that if they do Robin is closer to Bruce in age. Tiffany is supposed to be close to Bruce's age as well.

Abeille posted: »

never have I admired nor adored Gordon more than when I revealed on the rooftop that Waller knew my identity. Agreed! His lines gave

• I don't like getting Bruce tangled up in their crimes either, but for me that's what really adds to the intensity of the situation. Even versus Bane, playing as Batman I don't worry about things. I feel relaxed and confident that whatever is about to happen is going to work itself out, and I'll be able to resolve it for the people of Gotham. While I'm playing as Bruce, I feel a bit stressed and torn about the choices in episode 2. I'm so conflicted that while in Joker's room, I wondered if we'd have an opportunity to give him that picture he wants with Batman. .....Batman wouldn't even consider that lol.

AChicken posted: »

To be honest, I didn't notice or care about the lack of Batman in this episode. It's really fun to be able to play as the the real man behi

• I love playing as Bruce more. It's something that's not explored much in video games.

• I always want to play Bruce! And now I love it even more now that I get to hang out with the pact.

• Playing as Bruce is way more interesting for me. Props to telltale for making a game in which Bruce Wayne and his relationships are as important as Batman.

• Episode 2 has proved to me I enjoy Bruce more. Season 1’s Bruce scenes were boring to me but episode 2’s just made me wanting more Bruce and less Batman. I still like Batman but Bruce has a bit more personality and the stakes are higher as him.

• As long as next episode features more batman i am ok with that. I like the idea of having a Bruce centered episode if we will have a batman centered episode. Bruce stuff in episode 2 was fantastic

• Gotta agree with you, playing as Bruce in this season has been spectacular. He's way more vulnerable and if he ends up in big trouble (granted, he's in quite a bit right now) well then he's screwed. With Batman we have a badass vigilante that's the definition of every fear a criminal has in Gotham, but with Bruce? He's a spoiled rich brat with shady parents. It's a great dynamic playing both roles, but at the same time, everyone is underestimating him. The way Harley and Bane treat him as just a nobody is going to be their biggest downfall when the cowl comes on.

Bruce with the situation he's got himself into this episode has proved to be one of my all-time favourite episodes of the Batman series thus far. And that's saying something too since I thought both episodes of TAW have been superior to any episode of the first season. Best Batman scene of the season (for me anyway) was the final fight against Riddler in the first episode, and in the newest one I really enjoyed being on the side of criminals as Bruce, hope we get to see this dynamic a bit longer.

• I'm rather hoping TellTale allows us to get a lot closer to the Pact before we lose our position undercover. While I feel for Freeze's circumstance, and I've gained the acceptance of Bane and Freeze, I have no connection to them :: no comradery that would make me even for a moment conflicted as Batman or Bruce in undermining or betraying them. I'm also still on the fence regarding Harley. Strangely enough, it's John's adoration of her that makes me want to be in Harley's good graces. She doesn't have that charisma that some incarnations of Harley Quinn possesses as of yet.

Do you have anything on your wishlist of things to do before we leave / break the Pact? ( Even something silly like having your own personal corner of the lair. )

AgentZ46 posted: »

I always want to play Bruce! And now I love it even more now that I get to hang out with the pact.

• I definitely agree that Season 2 utilizes all of Bruce Wayne's scenes in a far better way - not only amongst the Pact, but at home as well. His dynamics with Alfred continue to be an emotional highlight, and I like how the relationship with Tiffany continues to become more complicated as we get deeper into the Season. The bar scene with John is among one of my favorites this episode ( 'group therapy' was hilarious ).

For those pursuing Selena, I wonder if they'll get a double date with Harley and John? For some reason that thought strikes me as funny, and having a romantic relationship with someone as seedy as Selena can only cement the image Bruce is trying to maintain. ( While I'm not involved with Selena, I do hope they incorporate her romance well for those who have. )

How long do you hope that we have to maintain our cover for - the entire Season until the last episode?

Creeper1846 posted: »

Episode 2 has proved to me I enjoy Bruce more. Season 1’s Bruce scenes were boring to me but episode 2’s just made me wanting more Bruce and less Batman. I still like Batman but Bruce has a bit more personality and the stakes are higher as him.

• I do like the detective moments, and combat that Batman provides. I wish they'd do more for his emotional moments and relationships while under the mask. Most of those moments are reliant on Alfred. That may improve as the Bat-family extends further ( if it extends in this season or the next ). Do you prefer Batman working alone, or do you like the dynamics of having someone to rely on? Would you be interested in Batgirl or Robin in the series?

0v3rp0w3r posted: »

As long as next episode features more batman i am ok with that. I like the idea of having a Bruce centered episode if we will have a batman centered episode. Bruce stuff in episode 2 was fantastic

• I really liked the use of the Riddler in the first episode, and I'm rather curious what part he has to play in upcoming episodes postmortem. For some reason I'm hoping for the opportunity to discover Riddler's 'office' or home as each member of the Pact did appear to have a section that was personalized for them. Something that will tell me more about his past, and what he suffered under the Agency.

If the Agency had a department in Gotham, I'd be hoping we'd have the chance to break into it and snoop around. ( An ironic twist considering their visit to Bruce's office that he have to pay a visit to theirs. ) I don't actually believe we'll get that opportunity though.

The only downfall I continue to have as Bruce is our encounters with Regina Zellerbach ( granted, I did have a bit of fun with Harley tormenting the poor woman ). My hope at this point is that they do something interesting with the character as thus far through S1 and S2, I've just found her to be irritating. I don't mind that she presents trouble to Bruce Wayne's corporate life or at least the potential for trouble, but I think she can be utilized better.

CathalOHara posted: »

Gotta agree with you, playing as Bruce in this season has been spectacular. He's way more vulnerable and if he ends up in big trouble (grant

• What about John? If not Bane and Freeze do you feel no guilt about essentially using him or dread the moment your intentions are discovered? Something I really like is that when Bruce realizes he'll have to infiltrate the pact he can feel bad about it. I have similar hopes to yours. I really want the option to get attached. Particularly to John & Harley and I'm hopeful that it'll happen as they are the only two people of the pact that are part of your relationship choices.

Wishes... that's a good question. I'd like a moment where members of the pact are just hanging out and talking. Maybe drinking together in the hideout. It'd be a good chance to make them seem more human.

I'm rather hoping TellTale allows us to get a lot closer to the Pact before we lose our position undercover. While I feel for Freeze's circu

• John and I are close, and the betrayal that will inevitably come of that in my mind will wound John and Bruce equally. I have some serious doubts that this incarnation of Bane and I will have a moment where we have those regrets, although I am seriously considering going back in the game to ensure Harley is the one left behind for the next episode. I know a lot of people wanted Harley to be the one we're left with, but a part of me is curious if her being captured isn't the better outcome for John and I to have an opportunity to pull off a rescue and be closer for it. ...and what would that do to my thus far very friendly relationship with Waller.

I'd like the chance to try to help Nora - even if that ultimately fails. I wouldn't mind a chance to visit Avesta as she didn't make an appearance in Ep 2 in mine as she's still recovering. What part do you hope that Tiffany plays in all of this?

AgentZ46 posted: »

What about John? If not Bane and Freeze do you feel no guilt about essentially using him or dread the moment your intentions are discovered?

• Playing as Bruce is more fun than Batman for some reason. It's like you're James Bond. I really like to opportunity to work with villains, I'm channeling my inner Thomas Wayne.

• I have no idea what role to expect from Tiffany but I love her and can't wait to see what's in store for her.

John and I are close, and the betrayal that will inevitably come of that in my mind will wound John and Bruce equally. I have some serious d

• What you said is the reason I decided to keep my accidental choice of leaving Harley behind.. I'm taking my chances to see how that plays out.

John and I are close, and the betrayal that will inevitably come of that in my mind will wound John and Bruce equally. I have some serious d

• Playing as Bruce Wayne is my favorite. This is not a game about Batman who is also Bruce Wayne, this is a game about Bruce Wayne who is also Batman. Really the best way to handle a Batman storyline.

• Well, maybe Thomas Wayne was just like Bruce, working undercover. If you look in the codex you will see they did models of Martha and Thomas, so maybe we will see more of them (in flashback I guess), as you said.

In anyway, one of the stakes of this second season is to know if you would end as your father or not. It's shown when you see Mori, and in the whole s2 working as a criminal.

I do really like that he's using his father's now tarnished image for the greater good, and I'm hoping that there are opportunities for Bruc

• It's entirely possible we might see more of Thomas Wayne in another recording in the future, possibly more of his time spent working in the Arkham Asylum. This series is so rich in new lore it's exciting to think of the possibilities of what we might discover. It could very well be that much like Bruce - Thomas Wayne was recruited by the previous Agency under the same director that turned The Riddler into the vengeance fueled bundle of anger he became. Interestingly enough, that wouldn't necessarily make him any better than he's appeared before with their loose moral grounds as Alfred really was considering leaving his employment with the Waynes over Thomas' activity.

Euron posted: »

Well, maybe Thomas Wayne was just like Bruce, working undercover. If you look in the codex you will see they did models of Martha and Thomas

• If that was the case, don't you think Alfred would have known about it? Intriguing thought otherwise.. but sounds implausible.

Euron posted: »

Well, maybe Thomas Wayne was just like Bruce, working undercover. If you look in the codex you will see they did models of Martha and Thomas

• For either ending choice, there will be a rift left in the Pact, and it seems to divide down the middle regardless of which way you choose. ( Harley/John and Bane/Freeze ) It is strange to see Victor's reaction in leaving Bane behind - the fear in him is very genuine. It reminds me of what Bane had said when he was sizing up Bruce regarding Riddler killing his friend and blowing up his building. Victor is normally nearly emotionless in most regards, but without saying anything I had a feeling his fear was that Bane's revenge against him might put Nora in danger.

lilsnek posted: »

What you said is the reason I decided to keep my accidental choice of leaving Harley behind.. I'm taking my chances to see how that plays out.

• Yeah, it seems like that. I also would want to have a chance to help Nora.. I'd like if she wasn't just part of a backstory. I just know I'll be on John's side as long as possible.. stayed in Harley's good graces for him, except that ep 2 ending. But it says she's angry about Bruce not fighting with her, not leaving her behind since that was Bane's decision anyway. Still hoping John's change to Joker is determinant.. maybe that's absurd but I don't care.

For either ending choice, there will be a rift left in the Pact, and it seems to divide down the middle regardless of which way you choose.

• It is rather implausible, but still possible. As for Alfred since Season 1 I'm uncertain as to what exactly he knows. He's a man that keeps secrets for the Wayne family, and on occasion from the Wayne family. His desire to keep Bruce's innocence - he said nothing of Thomas Wayne's criminal activities, the horrors he committed in Arkam against Oz's family, and the possibility that his parents might get divorced. In the same way that he helped preserve Thomas Wayne's image, he attempts to preserve Bruce Wayne's public image. Alfred is a lovable mystery.

I do hope that we get to see more of Thomas Wayne's activities as Bruce delves deeper under cover, as well as The Riddler's.

If that was the case, don't you think Alfred would have known about it? Intriguing thought otherwise.. but sounds implausible.

• I'm sharing in that absurd hope. At the very least, I hope he doesn't change into the Joker we've known. Is it possible that he becomes a villain without losing the friendship that we've built? I suppose it could be. For those romancing Selena, she still hasn't and likely won't change her ways. I love life's little complications.

Yeah, it seems like that. I also would want to have a chance to help Nora.. I'd like if she wasn't just part of a backstory. I just know I'l

• edited October 2017

More like an anti-hero? Well, maybe even a villain of some sort.. I'd be down for that, if the writers can manage. I think it's entirely possible, if Tellatale keeps doing it's own thing with the character. I think that's what it comes down to, and it would be amazing. And yeah, I agree about Selina. I romanced her and I can't wait to see what happens in ep 3. Although now my Bruce is only interested in friendship. But I like that she's shady.

I'm sharing in that absurd hope. At the very least, I hope he doesn't change into the Joker we've known. Is it possible that he becomes a vi

• It's confirmed (right?) that we will hear about Riddler's past, but to hear more about Thomas Wayne's.. would be great, but Alfred is the one I'm thinking about. If Thomas was involved with the Agency, I'm sure Alfred would know and tell about that since Bruce has to deal with them now. He must have known everything.. but to be honest I really like this bad guy version of Thomas Wayne.

It is rather implausible, but still possible. As for Alfred since Season 1 I'm uncertain as to what exactly he knows. He's a man that keeps

• edited October 2017

I read on a questions and answers with Telltale on Reddit that we will be learning more about Riddler's past.

And I agree. Thomas Wayne actually being a villain is a great twist and refreshing take on a back story we've already heard a hundred times.

It's confirmed (right?) that we will hear about Riddler's past, but to hear more about Thomas Wayne's.. would be great, but Alfred is the on

Sign in to comment in this discussion.